Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra (21478 Views)

Osinbajo With Cooks Of Home Grown School Feeding Programme In Anambra / FG Develops Home Made Biscuits For School Feeding Programme / Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Opakan2: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
Chai!

see hungry kids in Anambra.. maka why?

PMB had to start with them over the North.. shows their own worse pass Almajiris

where those e-cheast beaters? at least let them appreciate PMB
upon all the ugwu billion o lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by LorDBolton(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
Good idea but is it sustainable?
Can schools build halls for feeding? Instead of using classrooms?

Even if money no dey let em use plank to construct cafeteria.

To those criticising this move I no blame una, I blame successive military and civilian govts who didn't allow us benefit from such things.

Instead from pry to universities to nysc we are taught "hardlife", today's professors n vc's enjoyed cafeteria services but today in universities getting a hostel of 4/6 people in a room is pure fantasy.

Once again kudos to buhari if this program is sustainable.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Leiman100(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
9inches:
Mallam buhari, stop insulting Anambra with petty 53million naira. You are in no way trying to better our lives, nor our kids'. We can feed our kids; and they look well fed.

Refund us the 43billion naira Anambra state had spent on fg projects.
who is this one again?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Amiano(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
I think the people dying of hunger in IDP camps in d north east needs this food more than this children.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Davidatita: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
all i see is almost empty washing hand rubber..... baba but whyall i see is almost empty washing hand rubber..... baba but whyall i see is almost empty washing hand rubber..... baba but why
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by bizza45: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
buhari dey 4kup , which kin stupidity b this one, use d money and develop roads, build more schools, improve the school health centers...not giving those kids food.. did they tell him they were hungry.. funny enough naa a whopping sum of 53m.. c 419 in board day light
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by PHIPEX(m): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
The gov't wants the kids to eat their future. Give them food and they will thank you for a day but invest in their future by renovating their schools, equipping their library and laboratory, train their teachers and they will thank you for life. Wouldn't it be better to give them free textbooks rather than free food? I had my primary school in Anambra but can't remember any pupil dropping out of school due to hunger. The gov't should give Food to the north and give us quality education; that's what we need not food.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nigerians and Lizard Brain..
Some of them spilling Shit above would love to eat that meal if only they have the opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by WomanOfRace(f): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
My heart just dropped. Pls,why Anambra? did we tell him our parents can't take care of their kids in Anambra? Lol....this man eeeeeeh, so with all the almajiris in Northern state out of school,starving and homeless, he played blind and deaf only to do that nonsense in Anambra.

They should have rejected such misplaced priority.

Tired of Nigeria.....I just want to leave this country.

Every effort to serve our father land with all our strength and might is being frustrated by same Government. Abeg who is deceiving who?

Nigeria is not worth dying for. I refuse to be a game.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by PresidentElect1: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
Smithkafors:
Nigerians are so gullible!, just look at the class rooms ,so dirty.In trying to feed the children the fg may end up creating an epidemic. They should start by making the environment clean and conducive.
Is the federal government responsible for primary school environment too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
... Once a good programme for the indigent students have been POLITICIZED to this abysmal level.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by ruffDiamond: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Good One pmb you ain't the problem but Nigerians are the problem of dem country ,especially the flattinoes b-EAST sad way too criminal, unpatriotic and disloyal bbunch angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Guyman02: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
What Anambra needs is N43b spent on Federal Roads to enable them to rehabilitate more which help the parents of these kids out of poverty as they can easily transport their produce to the market, not feeding children with initial N53m which will soon be abandoned like Mallam El'Rufai just did in Kaduna
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by defash8: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
I love this govt, with less than 21 days to end of the year & school will vacate in coming days. Where do all money budgeted for feeding?? Nigeria na waoo.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by buchilino(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
orimsamsam:
FG have the right to kick start the project in any state they like

THOUGH I DON'T LIKE INSULTS, BUT ON DIS ISSUE, FG SHOULD JUST KISS MY BLACK ASS.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by bigpicture001: 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
...the president is so preoccupied with his 2019 election hence some of his funny strategies...starting a skl feeding program in the south east: a regions which has displayed open hate for the president,a region whr he is likely to get his lowest no. of votes in national election.again the south east is known to have the lowest rate of poverty..its ppl are hardly malnourished unlike the president's regions.if they are sensible,they would do for each region,what the region needs dearly..the positioning repress opposition of the social media...now we hear of buhari's coming app on smart fines: that one is to spread the message that he is truly working.i wonder y did government is not spending much energy to impress it's ppl bt so much engrossed in election strategies
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Handsomecole(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Put aside your hate, appreciate your brain. And appreciate a good thing at least for once. Please!!!!
9inches:
Mallam buhari, stop insulting Anambra with petty 53million naira. You are in no way trying to better our lives, nor our kids'. We can feed our kids; and they look well fed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by comrChris(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
while not wait till the last day of the term smh. most schools will be closing next week. seriously this is an avenue for this polithiefcians to embezzle money
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
9inches:

you need to free yourself from hate.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by soldierdollar(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4588970_fbimg1481298404044_jpeg162ca27f0e63efc196c75e9771875f17

These kids dont eat before leavinq home??

Look at how ravenous they look,I'm sure Almajiris can't be eatinq in this manner..

Your Uncles and Dad will come here to shade PMB meanwhile this same man is the one caterinq for their younqer ones so they won't die of hunqer in school.

My Hardworkinq brothers..Always endeavor to feed your children before they set out to school.

Remember... "An hunqry man is an anqry man"

No wonder these kids qrow up to traffic........*Mouth sealed

Blindness is doesn't only mean lack of sight. It also means when someone sees well-fed children and call them malnourished

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by darknetcom: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4588970_fbimg1481298404044_jpeg162ca27f0e63efc196c75e9771875f17

Look at how ravenous they look,I'm sure Almajiris can't be eatinq in this manner..

Your Uncles and Dad will come here to shade PMB meanwhile this same man is the one caterinq for their younqer ones so they won't die of hunqer in school.

My Hardworkinq brothers..Always endeavor to feed your children before they set out to school.

ohh my...
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by darknetcom: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
walahi some people are so deep in the ocean of sentiment that even if government dey come deliver food three times a day to their house and still spoonfeed them, they will never see or say anything good about this government angry angry

dont mind them..

they like leaders that cheat them...

they even want jonathan back...imagine..

they forget the over 700 cooks employed and many farmers involved in it..

the thunda that go fire them is still making pressups in umuhahia...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by darknetcom: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
TRUTHaDDICT:
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra
All we need is Biafra

migrate to europe..
their is your biafra..

nigeria owes you nothing....

no igbo-elite or elder is on your side..

sooooo...

we only laugh now...

we thought igbo elites and elders or even obi wanted biafra..we were not realy worried about ipod..

the picture is very clear now..

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Braingold: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
presidency:
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

PRESS RELEASE

BUHARI’S HOMEGROWN SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMME KICKS OFF IN ANAMBRA

*FG releases over N53m for 1050 primary schools to serve meals to 76, 690 pupils in the State

*More than 3.4m pupils to be fed across total 17 states under 2016 budget

*No fees required to benefit in the Social Investment schemes

In another rollout of one of the Social Investment Programmes of the Buhari administration, the National Homegrown School Feeding scheme has entered implementation stage with the feeding of primary school pupils in Anambra State today.

Last month, the N-Power scheme kicked off with the selection of the first batch of 200,000 unemployed graduates, many of whom are now being deployed in the 36 states/FCT in the first batch of the planned half a million graduates to be engaged in the N-Power Volunteer Corps, NPVC.

Meanwhile, no one should have to pay any fees to benefit in the N-Power or the Homegrown School Feeding programmes, and any such imposition or request for fees is uncalled for and illegal.

Reports of such acts of extortion in some states where beneficiaries are being asked to pay a ‘fee for registration’ have reached the Presidency, and firm instructions have been given that such acts should stop.

Speaking from Awka, Anambra State capital earlier today, the Special Assistant on Homegrown School Feeding Programme in the Office of the Vice President, Mr. Dotun Adebayo said primary school pupils in Anambra were excited as the feeding started in their schools.

Adebayo who led a team of federal and state officials to some of the schools on day one of the Homegrown School Feeding Programme implementation said they witnessed the feeding in three schools in Akwa: Community Primary School, Awka South, Central School Ameobi, and Central School in Nibo.

“The pupils were excited and enjoyed the meals,” he stated, adding that the cooks in those three schools, among the total 774 already recruited and trained for the feeding programme, served ‘Okpa’ a.k.a Moin-moin garnished with vegetables to the delight of the pupils who took the meals during their break time about noonday.

All together in Anambra State, an estimated 76, 690 pupils in 1050 schools would be served every day of school. The feeding programme caters to pupils from primary 1-3.

Having met the stated requirements for Federal Government funding for the Homegrown School Feeding, a sum of N53, 687, 900 had been released directly to cooks for the kick-off of the school feeding programme in Anambra, to last till the end of the current school term.

All the cooks were recruited from communities around the primary schools for the program, verified and trained to provide the catering service in the 21 LGAs in the State.

Generally, the Homegrown School Feeding programme, which is one of the Social Investment plans of the Buhari presidency, is driven through community participation where residents in the community are engaged as cooks to provide feeding services. Also the programme leverages on the agricultural produce available within the communities.

The Homegrown School Feeding programme of the Buhari administration will not only boost school enrollment and improve the nutritional status of the pupils, it would also stimulate local farming, while equally creating jobs including the 774 cooks now in gainful employment in Anambra State.

While the 2016 Budget of Change made provision for funding of the feeding programme in 18 states, a total of 17 States have concluded the designing of the School feeding models through state-level multi-sectorial capacity building workshops, based on FG’s stipulated requirements. Those states will proceed in the planning and would soon get to the implementation stage.

The 17 states are Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Sokoto, Kaduna, Borno, Zamfara, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Delta, Abia and Bauchi. Estimated figures from 15 of these states put the numbers of pupils to be feed at over 3.4 million.

Also the Federal Government has successfully conducted food safety and hygiene training for over 25,000 cooks in 9 states (out of the 17).
According to the 2016 budget, provision was made for the feeding programme in 18 states of the federation.

It is the plan of the Buhari administration to implement the feeding programme all across the country, where states meet the federal requirements for such engagement. Under the school feeding programme, there are no pre-selections, but states/FCT have to meet the stipulated requirements.

While the 2016 Budget planned for 18 states, all 36 states and FCT are eligible to participate as budgetary provisions even in the new year are being considered.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant on Media & Publicity
Office of the Federal Government
December 8, 2016

Bubu badd I swear. I hate politicians... this is not a good thing.
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by Bekimbo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Why Anambara?why not northern part of the country where people are dying of hunger,Buhari is really a fool
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by wildrose21(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:

You meant the almajiris who collected food and ran out of school, not to be seen until the next day for another round?
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by lakesider(m): 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
divide9ja:
I beg Buhari Stop Insulting Igbo people.

You give other regions money, while giving the South East rubbish food.

You wont even give them appointments

direct your questions to ministers from the south east
direct your questions to senators from the south east
direct your question to house of rep members from the south east .
direct your question to your governors
these people are part of the federal Government and federal executive council . stop coming to social media to shout marginalisation . go to your elected officials pressure them to voice out in the Senate and federal executive council .
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by darknetcom: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
Bekimbo:
Why Anambara?why not northern part of the country where people are dying of hunger,Buhari is really a fool

wasnt it one of the campain promiss you people always lamented he dont fufill.

why dont you people just migrate to europe and let us be...

you are all very annoying

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by slurryeye2: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
9inches:

Mechonu there. Hunger don finish una for Osuland grin
Re: Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra by herzern(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nobleking2000:

Your post this days on all thread I have been reading this days seems that you are becoming STUPID and USELESS. it seems I overrated you at first.

Sir.

I know you are very disappointed in my post but I Dont want you to be.

The way Iqbos attack Yoruba's on this forum is becominq unbearable.

Not that I meant all my post.

I'm sorry for if yhu find it offensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin And Wife, Maryam Welcome A Baby Girl (photos) / Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / Oby Ezekwesili In Ghana As World Observer 2 Assess If Ghana Is Ready 4 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.