Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard (2656 Views)

Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund / Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Governor Ajimobi: I Washed Dead Bodies For 8 Years To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 4:29am On Dec 10, 2016
kettle84:
do you know how many people die of flood in Lagos every year? none have died of erosion in SE.

You have not been following the news have you?

Anambra State, a geo-political entity with 4,844 square kilometers, has over 950 erosion sites, a menace that has caused several deaths and destruction of homes and properties over the years. Nwanosike Onu, who visited the sites, report that the devastation is so severe now that some affected citizens are relocating to other communities

In Oko community, Orumba North Local Government Area, the house of the former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, is under threat by erosion, while the federal polytechnic in the area has not fared better.

Some of the worst hit communities are Nanka, Umuchu, Ekwulobia, Agulu, Onitsha, Oko, Akwu-Ukwu, Nri, Uli, Okija, Enugwu-Ukwu, Ogidi, Nawfia, Enugwu-Agidi, Nkpor, Obosi, Umuoji, Nnewi-ichi, among others.

Speaking with The Nation, the Anambra State Coordinator, Environment-Watch, Comrade Osita Obi, said if nothing is done by the federal government and international agencies, soon the state would be wiped out.

Obi, who wept while speaking, said the state government, under Governor Willie Obiano, has not fared well in tackling the menace. For him, more efforts should be put in the project.

http://thenationonlineng.net/tears-death-anambra-erosion-crisis-eats-deeper/

http://authorityngr.com/2016/09/Anambra-schools-abandoned-as-4-pupils-die-in-flood/

http://sunnewsonline.com/erosion-flood-menace-anambra-community-cries-out-to-fg-obiano-world-bank/

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by milkymesh: 9:51am On Dec 10, 2016
We are talking about an impending disaster, you are there making it a tribal issue.

Disasters does not does not understand any language nor is it sentimental.

We can not grow as a country if we continue to wish any part of the country evil or rejoice when suffer any form of deprivation or disaster.
Be warned! Sometimes God allow evil to happen to people who lack empathy to teach them empathy

shizzy7:
Another reason why most of them hustle to build houses outside their region.

I wonder why erosion is synonymous with SE states. I have not heard of such in other regions..
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettykin: 10:24am On Dec 10, 2016
seunmsg:

So, you are more concerned about Tinubu than erosion eating away the little lands that remain in your community? You better leave Tinubu alone and join pa Ekwueme in wailing. You never can tell, Buhari may hear your cry.

Am I concerned about Tinubu and his political woes of am I highlighting how his zombies have abandoned him and are now taking more panadol for the head ache of the south east environmental issues.
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by shizzy7(f): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2016
milkymesh:

We are talking about an impending disaster, you are there making it a tribal issue.

Disasters does not does not understand any language nor is it sentimental.

We can not grow as a country if we continue to wish any part of the country evil or rejoice when suffer any form of deprivation or disaster.
Be warned! Sometimes God allow evil to happen to people who lack empathy to teach them empathy

Nice speech.

They would have typed worse than what I wrote if reverse was the case. Besides, they have representatives at Senate, house of reps, governors e.t.c. and erosion has been in existence even before I was born what did they do about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG / I Was In The Bus Today With Core Anambarian Igbos See Who They Lambasted (audio) / Awo's Dysfunctional Legacy On Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.