Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu (18161 Views)

Impeachment: APC Days In Aso-rock Are Numbered, As Senate Concludes Plan For Imp / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja. / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by jayAjoku(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2016
that's true coming from him i strongly believe that in times to come oil will have little relevance. Rare earth minerals are the new sources of mineral wealth

i pity niger delta people the most they will be making noise with the oil yet they don't know its value is deteriorating if only we utilized it like the arabs did ... #Pity
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2016
Ijaya123:

Says who?
Yoruba Muslim
U never taya for Buhari
Go chop come bk
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Gliding(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Semper247:

Was ur living conditions better off before buhari came to power?

I believe people who read the article will realise that it is more of an indictment on past administrations than it is to the present administration.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Gliding(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2016
jayAjoku:
that's true coming from him i strongly believe that in times to come oil will have little relevance. Rare earth minerals are the new sources of mineral wealth

i pity niger delta people the most they will be making noise with the oil yet they don't know its value is deteriorating if only we utilized it like the arabs did ... #Pity

I don't think rare minerals are the next frontier. Rather adding value to your natural resources and technology is next. That's why apple has trounced most oil companies or other companies that deal in minerals or rare stones.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by jayAjoku(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2016
Gliding:

I don't think rare minerals are the next frontier. Rather adding value to your natural resources and technology is next. That's why apple has trounced most oil companies or other companies that deal in minerals or rare stones.
yes sir that's true i believe oil has 6000 bye products which we can very well benefit from and exploit to our advantage

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Hanendez(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Nigeria can never look beyond oil so long as it's reign of leadership lies in the hands of inept and incompetent northerners and south-westerners. Since 1966, the north and west have had an exclusive right and prerogative in the running of this nation and have succeeded in running it aground.The Nigeria project died the day Igbos left the equation. The north has the highest poverty rate and educational deficit. The west have the highest rate of street hawking among children and thuggery among school age children. With the exception of foreign-direct-investment in the southwest, the igbo heartland is the most industrialised axis. Industries birthed and nurtured without the input of government. With just a meagre £20 doled out to the survivors of and remnants of the ravaged people of Biafra, the Igbos have literally taken over the landscape of the economy both in the formal and informal sector. That is what I call shrewdness and Acumen. Until the right to govern nigerian is granted the Igbos, I'm afraid to admit that the Zimbabwean story will be toid here one day. Watch out for the 1,000 000 000 naira note.

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Ijaya123: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Yoruba Muslim
U never taya for Buhari
Go chop come bk

Little kid, When will you grow up and make sensible comments?
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by nNEOo(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2016
There is oil n you thiefs cannot take oil eye away from it
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Odani: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2016
Semper247:

Abeg help me ask am o, even guys who wakes up every morning to play ludo for the past 6yrs will blame buhari for their predicament
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2016
Ijaya123:

Little kid, When will you grow up and make sensible comments?
Yoruba Muslim
Go knack head for ground and come bk
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by LorDBolton(m): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2016
Days of oil are numbered? Mtcheeew story

When russia, china, usa, Canada are aggressively exploring new fields ...especially russia that E.U depends on
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2016
buharimustlive:
Kkk
Buhari must live or leave ?
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by djbobby007: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Kizyte:
If the oil disappear one day, the South East is most likely to survive, don't know about other region. Just my opinion, but I know some region rely sorely on oil to survive due to laziness.

NB: I didn't mention anyone's name o!
if only they can survive without coming to Swest
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 8:56am On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:
Nigeria can never look beyond oil so long as it's reign of leadership lies in the hands of inept and incompetent northerners and south-westerners. Since 1966, the north and west have had an exclusive right and prerogative in the running of this nation and have succeeded in running it aground.The Nigeria project died the day Igbos left the equation. The north has the highest poverty rate and educational deficit. The west have the highest rate of street hawking among children and thuggery among school age children. With the exception of foreign-direct-investment in the southwest, the igbo heartland is the most industrialised axis. Industries birthed and nurtured without the input of government. With just a meagre £20 doled out to the survivors of and remnants of the ravaged people of Biafra, the Igbos have literally taken over the landscape of the economy both in the formal and informal sector. That is what I call shrewdness and Acumen. Until the right to govern nigerian is granted the Igbos, I'm afraid to admit that the Zimbabwean story will be toid here one day. Watch out for the 1,000 000 000 naira note.

See self delusion at the peak, Souh east is industrialized and 60% of its indigenes are in the South west hustling for survival. Every part of Nigeria has failed, trying to delude yourself is like an opium, it will never exempt you or your people from culpability. The only state that has been able to demonstrate a modicum of creativity at least towards survival is Lagos and the last time i checked the Map it is in the south west, And the igbos are not the ones governing the state. Even Ogun state has more industries than the whole of the east. Forget online noise making, oil has been falling, Lagos does not even know the meaning of recession, if Lagos fails for a day Nigeria goes down with it, simple.

If the Igbos cannot turn just one of their states to eldorado 40 years after the end of the civil war, why should Nigerians trust them with the leadership of the nation? When you mention top 5 states in Nigeria in terms of infrastructure of even contribution to GDP not one state in the South east is there. So where did u get your delusion induced idea that only an igbo man can develop Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Preach that to the dumb nomad that keeps exploring oil in the baren north!
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2016
Preach that to the dumb nomad that keeps exploring oil in the baren north.....
thus wasting scarce capital that could assist in reviving nig's moribund economy! Nonsense!
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Beeman1(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Jafar1:
same way as buhari's days as president are numbered cos he is going down in 2019, worst administration ever from the worst president ever
U be GOD? foooooooools everywhere.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Lasskeey: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2016
Jafar1:
same way as buhari's days as president are numbered cos he is going down in 2019, worst administration ever from the worst president ever
...... is Buhari in charge of the WORLD OIL MARKET ? undecided

Read and digits the article again.

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Hanendez(m): 9:26am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

See self delusion at the peak, Souh east is industrialized and 60% of its indigenes are in the South west hustling for survival. Every part of Nigeria has failed, trying to delude yourself is like an opium, it will never exempt you or your people from culpability. The only state that has been able to demonstrate a modicum of creativity at least towards survival is Lagos and the last time i checked the Map it is in the south west, And the igbos are not the ones governing the state. Even Ogun state has more industries than the whole of the east. Forget online noise making, oil has been falling, Lagos does not even know the meaning of recession, if Lagos fails for a day Nigeria goes down with it, simple.

If the Igbos cannot turn just one of their states to eldorado 40 years after the end of the civil war, why should Nigerians trust them with the leadership of the nation? When you mention top 5 states in Nigeria in terms of infrastructure of even contribution to GDP not one state in the South east is there. So where did u get your delusion induced idea that only an igbo man can develop Nigeria?
Does it also mean that the sheer number of American and British expatriates in diaspora is a pointer to a failed economy in the countries of their origin? Well the only reason igbos are teeming in the west is because of how strategically placed it is. The igbo heartland is landlocked and incommensurate to her population. I assure you that the economy of the whole west will collapse if the igbos withdraw thereof.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by caesaraba(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2016
sanandreas:
Did we even make use of it well. Buhari is still busy exploring barren North.
I don't know how informed you are or your level of hate, but, let me inform you that the north has made and is still making enormous strides in the agric sector. ....why am I even wasting my time.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:

Does it also mean that the sheer number of American and British expatriates in diaspora is a pointer to a failed economy in the countries of their origin? Well the only reason igbos are teeming in the west is because of how strategically placed it is. The igbo heartland is landlocked and incommensurate to her population. I assure you that the economy of the whole west will collapse if the igbos withdraw thereof.
the usual chestbeaters,southwest economy will collapse if igbos withdraw their......
mr vsp when would u move a motion for fiscal federalism and educ reforms?

1 Like

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2016
Semper247:

YES! I bought food at a cheaper price..I bought fuel for my generator and vehicle at a cheaper price..I bought clothes and shoes at a cheaper price.. now a pair of stock jeans goes for 6k and above..now the value of a hundred thousand naira has been slashed by half..these are very verifiable stuffs so what the fvck are you talking about?
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by femolii: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2016
Tell me how south east want use survive without oil. if u can survive without oil remain in that your lock land and survive let 's see idiot. can u survive without north, south south and south west?
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by quickly: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2016
LorDBolton:
Days of oil are numbered? Mtcheeew story

When russia, china, usa, Canada are aggressively exploring new fields ...especially russia that E.U depends on

What they are saying is the world now has trillions of oil reserve

So price has dropped even US is exporting now

Also electric cars would be taking over in a couple of years.

Nigeria should focus on production and refining for west africa.

3 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Ijaya123: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Yoruba Muslim
Go knack head for ground and come bk

Pathetic. Obviously Yoruba Muslims are your masters and nightmares.

Better go see a doctor before you quote me again.
Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by huptin(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2016
Hanendez:

How many Americans do you see roaming around Nigeria? In fact most Americans have not even stepped out of their country, they believe that the world starts and end in america? Any region where more than 20% of its indigenes are not resident is not viable simple. It is job opportunities and favourable business climates that drives immigration if Nigerians are not trooping to the east it is because they rightly or wrongly perceive the region as not viable in terms of opportunities. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu by Hanendez(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2016
huptin:

How many Americans do you see roaming around Nigeria? In fact most Americans have not even stepped out of their country, they believe that the world starts and end in america? Any region where more than 20% of its indigenes are not resident is not viable simple. It is job opportunities and favourable business climates that drives immigration if Nigerians are not trooping to the east it is because they rightly or wrongly perceive the region as not viable in terms of opportunities. Simple.
As an afonja thinketh in his heart, so he is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crisis In Gbajabiamila’s Camp Over Letter To Oyegun / Tribunal In Ogun Nullifies Segun Adekoya, PDP Reps Member’s Election / Lekki Seaport Berths Largest Vessel Since Commencement Of Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.