Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39542 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by doggyall: 1:01am On Nov 15, 2009
Lets Go There, Bumper To Bumper, SA2010.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by AfroCynic: 1:16am On Nov 15, 2009
Wtf does this have to do with that TB Joshua, this about the guys and an improbable victory in the face of almost impossible odds. Joshua TB has absolutely nothing to do with it, so leave him out of it.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:50am On Nov 15, 2009
I still can't beleive this!
We are going to S Africa to play the likes of Kaka, Mersi, etc.
It would be fun!
I must not miss a speck of the matches when they begin!
South Africa 2010 . . . . .We Can't Wait!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by oluwafemi113(m): 4:36am On Nov 15, 2009
up Nigeria, Nigeria finally at world cup 2010
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by miqos02(m): 4:43am On Nov 15, 2009
AfroCynic:

Wtf does this have to do with that TB Joshua, this about the guys and an improbable victory in the face of almost impossible odds. Joshua TB has absolutely nothing to do with it, so leave him out of it.
thank you jare.even if we have to add religion to this,all we need do is to praise God who made it possible and not praise men who are mere vessels. lets stop allowing allowing ourselves to be fooled around.God could have shown the same prophesy to others who decided not to reveal it.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by princekevo(m): 6:21am On Nov 15, 2009
jude33084:

All nairalanders I believe you owe the super eagles an APOLOGY cool
What apology abeg? For the heart aches or HBP. My guy seems you no understand what Nigerian fans passed through knowing that our fate only lies in Moz. beating Tunisia. We were destined to be there or God wanted to compensate Nigerian fans for their dedication and love for football. smiley smiley
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Segedinho(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2009
At last, We qualified undizavly. .hw long we go dey day lyk edede, our next plan shud b thnkng of sackng dat OBOLO knwn as our coach!![color=][/color]
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by ProAnti: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2009
The super eagles need a complete overhaul. We need more committed players. We need friendlies. We need a better and more tactical coach. We need a less corrupt NFF. We need more optimistic and patriotic supporters.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Witi(m): 8:19am On Nov 15, 2009
jude33084:

All nairalanders I believe you owe the super eagles an APOLOGY cool
We owe them nothing, they owe us for all the trauma and fear of not qualifying for world cup due to there failure. Well they have redeemed their image hope we shall be well represented in SA.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by chelseabmw(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2009
The ref for our match was a blessing
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by adexchamp(m): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2009
Well this is a big lesson to the Tunisians that it's not how well you start the game but it really matters how far you can go, Cheer up Tunisia 4 years is in the corner because it's our turn to be at the mundial 2010.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by akinsadeez(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2009
have u guys watchd d goal tunisia conceded against moz? if it was naija d dfndrs wld av bn in soup by nw.c as d tunisian dfds were jst looking at d striker as he was approaching their keeper n even afta playin d shot dey stil allowd d striker 2 play d rebound in2 d net. i think it mst av bn jazz.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Doyin2(m): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2009
Those ingrates calling for the sack of Shuibu should please face the facts.

Shuaib has not lost any match since he took over.His mandate included qualifying the nation to world and Nations cup.This fete he has achieved,so on what basis should he be sacked.Because we drew with Tunisia at home or with Mosambique on their own soil?Now tunisia lost to mosambique,so which team coach is better.A local coach that drew with mosambique or the foreign coach that lost.In football it is not over untill it is over,even up to the last The second.

The greatest teams in the world did not win all their matches,despite being in "easy'' groups.They had ridiculus draws with "lesser" teams even at home and with their so called world class coaches.

We should also note that no foreingn coach has ever won a world title for Africa,or atleast,  world cup titles had been worn largely by local coaches.

Let us give shuiabu the support ,all he needs are refresher courses to improve on his technicallities.Enough of all these collonial campaigns for Foreign Technical Adviser.

Nigerians in other fields of endeavour are excelling every where all over the world.We can do it also in sports,it's high time we started believing in our capabilities and endowment.

SA 2010,LET'S GO THERE!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Doyin2(m): 9:46am On Nov 15, 2009

Shuaib did not loose any qualifier match .His mandate included qualifying the nation to world and Nations cup.This fete he has achieved,so on what basis should he be sacked.Because we drew with Tunisia at home or with Mosambique on their own soil?Now tunisia lost to mosambique,so which team coach is better.A local coach that drew with mosambique or the foreign coach that lost.In football it is not over untill it is over,even up to the last second.

The greatest teams in the world did not win all their matches,despite being in "easy'' groups.They had ridiculus draws with "lesser" teams even at home and with their so called world class coaches.
We should also note that no foreign coach has ever won a world title for Africa,or atleast, world cup titles had been worn largely by local coaches.

Let us give shuiabu the support ,all he needs are refresher courses to improve on his technicallities.Enough of all these collonial campaigns for Foreign Technical Adviser.

Nigerians in other fields of endeavour are excelling every where all over the world.We can do it also in sports,it's high time we started believing in our capabilities and endowment.

SA 2010,LET'S GO THERE!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by waleski(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2009
for me i was nt impressed at all in dat match we used d skin of our teeth 2 qualify if we dnt do complete overhaul of d system we wil only go 2 s.a to make up numbers imagine if we are struggling to beat mozambique hw wil we play wen we meet spain or any other superpower [color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Doyin2(m): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2009
The likes of Waleski are still living in the past,stilll flaunting names instead of looking at the character of a team.For God's sake no more minors in football.That mosambique team can beat any team at home!

The so called super powers also struggled to qualify with teams in the likes of mosambique!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by paddylo1(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2009
if we are struggling to beat mozambique hw wil we play wen we meet spain or any other superpower

my guy why u dey name drop,didnt we just beat FRANCE this year,mehn no more big names when u get to the world stage,anything can happen
and since most of our boyz play in europe,they know most of the tricks of the game,when to dive,when/how to waste time and so on
on match day just pray for a fair referee and we can beat anybody,no let them decieve u
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by blacksta(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2009
another wururu to the answer.  With the present style of play  - we no go pass group stages - so tell me what is the point.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by paddylo1(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2009
another wururu to the answer. With the present style of play - we no go pass group stages - so tell me what is the point.

but u are wrong,didnt they qualify?

did they loose any match on the way there?-----NO

do u know how many so called big european teams still struggling to qualify?

we all know the SE problem,playing for different clubs in europe does not allow them to play fluently as a team,thats all,after all its 11men vs 11men and we have all the skilled playas we need

now the nations cup is usually played b4 the world cup,so we should use that competition to mould our team better,let amodu deliver on the nations cup then he can stay

my guy nothing like wuru-wuru here,if u dont like the SUPER eagles then go support chad or sudan,let the bois be
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by mrofficial(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2009
There is one thing I know about super-eagles, when it comes to serious games like World Cup, they will not play anyhow. And I know they have it in mind that the World Cup is commencing in Africa. I believe they will deliver than recent.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by presido1: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2009
blacksta:

another wururu to the answer.  With the present style of play  - we no go pass group stages
Its only one country that will come out victorious. Being there is what matters now and we did it.

so tell me what is the point.
The point is that we will be there come 2010. If you are not happy about that you have several options like Rope, Transformer, High Tension, Rat Killer, River Thames the list is endless. Sleep over it and please yourself.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by blacksta(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2009
presido1:

Its only one country that will come out victorious. Being there is what matters now and we did it.

The point is that we will be there come 2010. If you are not happy about that you have several options like Rope, Transformer, High Tension, Rat Killer, River Thames the list is endless. Sleep over it and please yourself.

Lol - Rather than give myself high blood pressure like the disasterous outing in 2002 wc - I am speaking the truth now
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2009
Doyin!:

Shuaib did not loose any qualifier match .His mandate included qualifying the nation to world and Nations cup.This fete he has achieved,so on what basis should he be sacked.Because we drew with Tunisia at home or with Mosambique on their own soil?Now tunisia lost to mosambique,so which team coach is better.A local coach that drew with mosambique or the foreign coach that lost.In football it is not over untill it is over,even up to the last  second.

We should also note that no foreign coach has ever won a world title for Africa,or atleast,  world cup titles had been worn largely by local coaches.

SA 2010,LET'S GO THERE!!!

This man has some strong points here even though I am beginning to fault Amodu for not spurring hunger in the belly of these Eagles.

I have always maintained that Amodu is a decent coach and this is the second time he is qualifying us for the WC, it would not be right to replace him the second time from taking us to the WC.

He has not lost a game yet (not a mean feat) and the quality Tunisians lost to Mozambique. He drew with the Tunisians because they are a strong, determined team (the second one I put ENTIRE blame on TT  angry) and he has beaten FRANCE.

Portugal has lost to Denmark and drew 4.
France lost to Austria and drew 3.
Brazil has lost to Bolivia and Paraguay and drew 7, they only won HALF of their matches.

Cameroun has lost to Togo.
Ghana has lost to GABON and LIBYA!!!

IVORY COAST (currently strongest team in Africa) drew with MOZAMBIQUE away. So Mozambique is not easy meat.

Amodu has not lost at all. His team has only conceded 5 goals in 12 games (9 clean sheets) and scored 20.

If we are going to sack him for draws then Mourinho and Benitez should also have gone by now.

I am not happy with majority of the play based on the lack of HUNGER and AGGRESSION similar to the ones we see in the over-aged Eaglets but from Amodu's arrogance, I think with time, he would get the team to develop that. I like the way he dealt with TT, Adeleye and Adefemi.

But it would be a good case for his sack if we underperform at the ANC.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 15, 2009
Sagamite:

This man has some strong points here even though I am beginning to fault Amodu for not spurring hunger in the belly of these Eagles.

I have always maintained that Amodu is a decent coach and this is the second time he is qualifying us for the WC, it would not be right to replace him the second time from taking us to the WC.

He has not lost a game yet (not a mean feat) and the quality Tunisians lost to Mozambique. He drew with the Tunisians because they are a strong, determined team (the second one I put ENTIRE blame on TT  angry) and he has beaten FRANCE.

Brazil has lost to Bolivia and Paraguay and drew 7, they only won HALF of their matches.

Amodu has not lost at all. His team has only conceded 5 goals in 12 games (9 clean sheets) and scored 20.

If we are going to sack him for draws then Mourinho and Benitez should also have gone by now.

I am not happy with majority of the play based on the lack of HUNGER and AGGRESSION similar to the ones we see in the over-aged Eaglets but from Amodu's arrogance, I think with time, he would get the team to develop that. I like the way he dealt with TT, Adeleye and Adefemi.

Good analysis - True TaLK
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2009
faakay:

Good analysis - True TaLK

I don even modify am.

Ivory Coast could not beat Mozambique away and only won by a goal at home (75th min).
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Allta(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2009
Sagamite:

That's a wise man talking o, wish NFF could be that wise. Surely we can't win WC if we play like most times we did in qualifications. BTW, Amodu is surely better of than some foreign coaches. Certainly got a better result than the Steve McLaren of this world.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2009
Allta:

That's a wise man talking o, which NFF could be that wise. Surely we can't win WC if we play like most times we did in qualifications. BTW, Amodu is surely better of than some foreign coaches. Certainly got a better result than the Steve McLaren of this world.

The man is a decent coach (even though we might agree he is not world-class) and better than most FCs. The way some of these players jog lazily across the pitch has let him down a few times especially that stupid TT that almost cost us the ticket.

These guys need to show more hunger like Tunisia (Martins finally showed it in the last game when he saw he was a bench warmer) and if Amodu had not played these big names then people would have said he is a fool.

You wait and see how TT would try and commit suicide on the pitch when next he is given a chance to play.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by semid(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2009
I'm glad and ecstatic we qualified.
My question is why do we like making things difficult for ourselves. After going 2-1 up, why did we concede that equalizing goal? (in a match of such importance and magnitude) I almost died when we conceded that goal. I think Obinna Nwaneri should never be invited to the National team again. That guy was pathetic yesterday. As usual Amodu messed up with his starting 11. Eneramo & Nwaneri should never have started the game and Martins & Nsofor had no business on the bench.
After all said and said, Amodu should be left alone to take the team to the World cup irrespective of what happens at the Nations cup. He has twice qualified us for the world cup under very difficult circumstances & almost impossible odds and it's only fair he takes us to the world cup. I don't want a white man whether Luis van Gaal, Klinsmann, Juande Ramos etc doing an Onigbihinde on him this time. Let Amodu reap from where and what he has sown. C'est fini!
Congrats Nigeria & Nigerians.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by surveyProf(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2009
Yeah, South Africa 2010 here we come, up 9ja.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2009
Apart from hunger and aggressiveness, there are 2 fundamental things missing in the SE that are beyond Amodu's control.

1) A skillful creative playmaker - someone that can create chances at the drop of a coin and take set pieces like Okocha. Mikel is not it.

Amodu might have to resort to pace from the wings.

2) A leader - someone that can bark orders (not give, BARK like Roy Keane) on the pitch or someone that can inspire the team with his presence (Zidane, Vieira, Gerrard, Drogba). Yobo is not good enough as captain but there is just no other suitable option. Kanu can not play more than 30 mins.

This one is just tough to deal with. Odems is doing that small part his babyface can do to carry the team with skills, hunger and inspirational play.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
I love Amodu's arrogance. Well deserved reaction. Exactly how I would have dealt with the morons myself.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15112009/news/sports4.html

Amodu turns hostile - After Eagles victory

SUPER Eagles Chief Coach Amodu Shaibu shunned media entreaties yesterday after he led the Eagles to qualify for South Africa 2010 World Cup at the expanses of Harambee Star of Kenya.

Amodu led the Eagles to win the decisive match for Nigerians after the tension soaked match ended 3-2.

Immediately after the match, Amodu refused to talk with the sporting media which approached him for his reaction.

A visibly angry Amodu showed his anger towards the media by pushing their microphones and midgets away with a stern look spoiling for war.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2009
Sagamite:

Apart from hunger and aggressiveness, there are 2 fundamental things missing in the SE that are beyond Amodu's control.

1) A skillful creative playmaker - someone that can create chances at the drop of a coin and take set pieces like Okocha. Mikel is not it.

Amodu might have to resort to pace from the wings.
We will never have another Jay-Jay, c'est fini. . . we need to stop playing the Jay-Jay way.
Man Utd had to change their style of play after RVN.

Besides, this is 2009 mate . . . no one uses playmakers anymore.
In the EPL the only true creative playmakers are prolly Fab4, Barry and Arteta
Of course it's sometimes good to have them . . . but it's obvious that most of them just end up slowing down the game.
All we need is for Mikel to want to play and show urgency and we'll have our very own Gerrard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) / Dolores Aveiro: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Mother, Reacts To His Rape Accusations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.