Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

My Definition Of Change Begins With You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Definition Of Change Begins With You (349 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / This Is My Definition Of A Slay Queen! (photo) / Ben Murray-Bruce shares Nigeria's Unfortunate Reality Of "Change" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Definition Of Change Begins With You by donald197: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2016
MY DEFINITION OF CHANGE BEGINS WITH YOU
Kehinde Falayi

It's December 2016,we need to make 2017 a better year for our dear Country. I was in a conference last week and the speaker asked who amongst us knows the name of his/her ward Counsellor,LGA Chairman,House of Assembly guy representing his/her constituency and State
Commissioners ? Out of about 30 of us just one person could mention one out of all.If you don't know who represents you, how will you access him and demand answers to how he spent public money allocated to developing your constituency? This problem is peculiar to majority of Nigerian youths,we talk the talk but we don't work the talk yet we have the power of social media in our hands.
I believe our leaders know what to do but because we have refused to question them, that's why they have refused to start working.
If you don't feel the presence of your ward Counsellor, LGA Chairman,Medical Director in your towns General Hospital,Etcetera how will you feel Federal Government impact?
My submission is let us all go back to our constituency in our hometowns and place of residence and know this folks first,lets be familiar with our state Budgets for the year and the percentage that goes to each ministry,know the roles of each arm of government,know which of them is responsible for your constituency projects. Get their numbers or email ask them what they are doing with money, take pictures of that bad road,that dilapidated health centre, that slum in your area,record videos of that law enforcement officer taking bribe,write and publish articles on social media with those tools, include the man's name and pictures let your people know who's diverting their money and Let's keep retweeting,rebroadcasting,sharing consistently for months until it gets to them. I believe no one wants to be called bad even the most cruel man will want to act good. Things will start changing,our leaders will start working when we start acting. Those folks don't care because we don't ask them questions,Let's start somewhere.
I submit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Definition Of Change Begins With You by three: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Supported

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Tragedy: CAN Warns Churches Against Using Uncompleted Buildings / Aisha Buhari Announce The Daughter Zahra Buhari Marriage On Her Ig Page / Nigeria: Christmas - Buhari Approves N72 Billion For Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.