Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge (1454 Views)

Stop Linking Dino Melaye's Travails To The Buhari-led Government Remi Tinubu / President Buhari: I Used To Smoke, Had Girlfriends But Never Tasted Alcohol / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by gonon: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2016
by Seun Onigbinde

I try to always introspect before I put pieces here on Facebook recently. Why? Because I am a humbled man. Humbled because the Buhari I sold to you is not the one in charge. I can understand how I was so zealous about Buhari. When I saw him in 2011, I nearly broke down when it was obvious he won’t win. Because my understanding of history is that if his short-lived government survived, we won’t have ended up in IBB where everything finally went downhill.

In 2015, I gave it my all despite a fierce need to be impartial due to the work I do. Every technique was adopted to prove that this is our golden ticket. Now look at me, humbled. Humbled not because I would have made a different choice, humbled because the expectation perceived and sold was too high.

It was found out by National Assembly (another assembly of profiteers) that N2.5bn was mismanaged for IDP funds. Almost 450m was used in clearing grass and waterways, an NGO got N50m for a conference and other stuff that Yobe govt said never happened right in their faces. In that list, there were lots of companies, same old stuff. Contracts stacked in secret to benefit a few. This is in the legendary Buhari government. The name we thought when thieves hear it, they will take off like lightning. Once again, I am humbled.

I get it. There is an intellectual gap in addressing the issues. Let us not pretend about it. What were we thinking? This is a 73-year old man who retires to his house/farm when he loses elections. We believed we would fight corruption but EFCC is just collecting undisclosed “change” and we call this a fight?

If we adopt open contracting (all government contracts online), layered with beneficial ownership register woven with a BVN api, tell me where will corruption hide? Who will dare use IDP funds to cut grasses for a whooping N203m? Look at the Ministers, the ones we waited six months for? I have agreed that I will never express political preferences publicly nor persuade or demonize people’s choices.

I have told people around me that Nigeria needs to take out the entire political establishment and allow them a permanent vacation. We have raised an entitled establishment who can’t face our issues with rigorous thoughts. The same way Gambia found Barrow, a real estate agent, we need to find our regular folks who want to lead our nation and our states. People are honest, visionary, Pan-Nigerian and ready for rigorous accountability. As long as our solutions lie in our current establishment, we are steeped in gradualism.

How do you do it? Our political parties are funded from the treasury or mostly an investment concern. If we are ready, young professionals will have to fund our candidate, bring together our tiny drops and take the higher road on many issues the current system won’t fearlessly tackle. Donald Trump raised $100m (N40bn) from donors who gave less than $200 (N80,000). We can continue to wail but believe me, we will see changes but will it be enough that we will be proud of in our lifetime?

Our generation only has five electoral cycles, 20 years – two Presidents who spend 8 years. We will be within the 50-60 belt already. Remember, our parents were once the future.

My wife warned me seriously to be cautious with my optimism. Now, I rant to her daily. She understands.

Article written by Seun Onigbinde of BudgIT

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2016/12/10/seun-onigbinde-the-buhari-i-sold-to-you-is-not-the-one-in-charge/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Firefire(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2016
Story for the gods... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by herzern(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2016
cool
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by sarrki(m): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2016
Who is he?

Sell to me ?

Sorry I voted him based on self conviction

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by 2cato: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2016
dumb bumber dumbest

oya calp for ya self

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Atiku2019: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Obinwenite(m): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2016
You sold a fake goods,at least now you can collect it back and give us original.
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 12, 2016
gonon:

by Seun Onigbinde

I try to always introspect before I put pieces here on Facebook recently. Why? Because I am a humbled man. Humbled because the Buhari I sold to you is not the one in charge. I can understand how I was so zealous about Buhari. When I saw him in 2011, I nearly broke down when it was obvious he won’t win. Because my understanding of history is that if his short-lived government survived, we won’t have ended up in IBB where everything finally went downhill.

In 2015, I gave it my all despite a fierce need to be impartial due to the work I do. Every technique was adopted to prove that this is our golden ticket. Now look at me, humbled. Humbled not because I would have made a different choice, humbled because the expectation perceived and sold was too high.

It was found out by National Assembly (another assembly of profiteers) that N2.5bn was mismanaged for IDP funds. Almost 450m was used in clearing grass and waterways, an NGO got N50m for a conference and other stuff that Yobe govt said never happened right in their faces. In that list, there were lots of companies, same old stuff. Contracts stacked in secret to benefit a few. This is in the legendary Buhari government. The name we thought when thieves hear it, they will take off like lightning. Once again, I am humbled.

I get it. There is an intellectual gap in addressing the issues. Let us not pretend about it. What were we thinking? This is a 73-year old man who retires to his house/farm when he loses elections. We believed we would fight corruption but EFCC is just collecting undisclosed “change” and we call this a fight?

If we adopt open contracting (all government contracts online), layered with beneficial ownership register woven with a BVN api, tell me where will corruption hide? Who will dare use IDP funds to cut grasses for a whooping N203m? Look at the Ministers, the ones we waited six months for? I have agreed that I will never express political preferences publicly nor persuade or demonize people’s choices.

I have told people around me that Nigeria needs to take out the entire political establishment and allow them a permanent vacation. We have raised an entitled establishment who can’t face our issues with rigorous thoughts. The same way Gambia found Barrow, a real estate agent, we need to find our regular folks who want to lead our nation and our states. People are honest, visionary, Pan-Nigerian and ready for rigorous accountability. As long as our solutions lie in our current establishment, we are steeped in gradualism.

How do you do it? Our political parties are funded from the treasury or mostly an investment concern. If we are ready, young professionals will have to fund our candidate, bring together our tiny drops and take the higher road on many issues the current system won’t fearlessly tackle. Donald Trump raised $100m (N40bn) from donors who gave less than $200 (N80,000). We can continue to wail but believe me, we will see changes but will it be enough that we will be proud of in our lifetime?

Our generation only has five electoral cycles, 20 years – two Presidents who spend 8 years. We will be within the 50-60 belt already. Remember, our parents were once the future.

My wife warned me seriously to be cautious with my optimism. Now, I rant to her daily. She understands.

Article written by Seun Onigbinde of BudgIT

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2016/12/10/seun-onigbinde-the-buhari-i-sold-to-you-is-not-the-one-in-charge/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

You have not seen anything. Grass cutting project will be a child's play to what you will hear if this government hand over to opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by three: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sorry sir! but you sold out!

GEJ was thouroughly inept but to actively (and covertly) lobby and campaign for GMB/PMB is utterly reprehensible!

You CANNOT have been that stupid (forgive my lack of tact) therefore something else must have been in play!

Was there no one else besides PMB/GMB? younger, smarter, articulate, innovative, revolutionary? After all these are the things you supposedly stand for.

How you and others like you were unable to look back at PMB/GMB's antecedents is a total mystery.

Goodluck in your future endeavours (as long as they don't also impact Nigeria negatively)

PS
Methinks you are now in receipt of the #MemoFromBourdillon

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Metroescobar: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
Some type of wailing!
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by ivandragon: 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
why does everyone who 'suddenly' realises that PMB was the wrong choice always try to rationalise their decision by stating that GEJ was 'not an option'?

its like when a 'goat' (excuse the analogy) is chasing you & than you run into a compound where you always knew an aggressive Rottweiler was kept...

after the Rott mauls you, & you are bleeding profusely from all your orifices (God given & dog made) you say well, at least I got away from the goat... which was more dangerous in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by WizBLANCE(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Well spoken latest wail... Need not say, already we know. All we need is the way out not more wailings.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by Presidiotbuhari: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Which sensible person gets time to read a piece of trash conjured by an unstable yoruba man.

These tiger face tribe from accross the niger never realise that no reasonable nigerian takes them serious, talkless of their meaningless apologies. Insatiable and unstable fickle minded tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by oduastates: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Buhari 's government has been hijacked . Corruption as usual. Just not the primitivism of the last government. Yet
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by mykeljosef: 1:29am On Dec 13, 2016
yeye

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by elopee3000(m): 1:52am On Dec 13, 2016
sarrki:
Who is he?

Sell to me ?

Sorry I voted him based on self conviction

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
is either ur muslim from kwara state cus those afonjas from kwara state thier mentality and that of almajiri from jalingo the same

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by talktimi(m): 2:36am On Dec 13, 2016
Someones should please draw/sketch wailers form for this guy, the printed version is finished cool
Re: Seun Onigbinde: The Buhari I Sold To You Is Not The One In Charge by porka: 5:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Barrow has not even been sworn-in in the Gambia yet. Why the reference to him now? Will you come back again next time to 'regret' if (God forbids) he falls short of your expectations?

Many of you guys are just interested in current raves and noises. There's no credible intellectual who can say that he/she was not aware of Buhari's legendary double standards during his regime in the 1980s. No sensible person doesn't know that he lacks the required capacity in this modern age to lead even a local government.

You people should just take your disappointments to one corner and stop pushing yourselves out as if you have any credibility. You were driven more by HATRED, but covered with bogus pseudo intellectual analysis. The hated one is gone now and you don't know what you can do with the 'saint' you preferred. There's no 'Ogogoro Master' to vent your personal frustration on, deal with your disappointment personally, Nigerians are too preoccupied with how to get their lives out of the quicksand they are in presently. No one cares about your bitterness now.

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm Attack On Fulani Community In Kaduna / Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame / This Drama Can Drown Our Aso Rock Unless Something Drastic Is Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.