Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK (1428 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by PastorAIO: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
A nurse with 15 years’ experience has been sacked in the UK after discussing Christianity and offering to pray with patients before operations.

http://www.gossipmill.com/2016/12/african-nurse-who-offered-to-pray-with-her-patients-sacked-in-the-uk/
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by mii4u(f): 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Na wa
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by LadyAnn(f): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
More to the story..... Otherwise UNISON will come down like a ton of bricks on the NHS
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Preaching gospel 2 patient na crime 4 uk...hmm d end is near brethren
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by DozieInc(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
na wa o
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by LadyAnn(f): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sharming95:

Not a crime If the patients wants to be preached to. All hospitals in the UK have spiritual councillors, pastors and chapels to pray with 24/7 access. They can also request a priest/Rev/pastor at all times. That wasn't her role, not unless the patient requested it directly from her. Trust me, the disiplinary method within our NHS is long. She would have been called for 3 supervisions, verbal warnings, written warnings. This most likely would have been going on for a long time despite being warned. She probably got sacked due to several complaints from patients who didn't want to be prayed for or weren't interested. She had a professional and a clinical responsibility to her patients. It's heart breaking because I see a lot of African Christian nurses doing this. We can't impose our faith on people no matter how much we feel they need it. Oh dear.. Oh dear!

5 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by ItzHoludex(m): 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
just lyk a xtian america film I watched DO YOU BELIEVE...just bcz he preached to a dying accident victim who later died,they took it as negligence of not doing his work and sued him...
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by bigtt76(f): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Na so i go Hospital here after paying 20K (10K registration and 10k consultation) the doctor begin preach to me ....though I enjoyed the session but not many would if having gone through hell to be in the hospital, some nurse or doctor starts preaching instead of providing medical counseling.

Not saying the authorities are right for sacking her though, but she should have exercised restraint. I watched her video and I must say I see her as that type that believe he or she must be martyred voluntarily. 3 warnings and you still continued? Haba ...I guess the authorities did what they did just to avoid being sued.

LadyAnn:

Not a crime If the patients wants to be preached to. All hospitals in the UK have spiritual councillors, pastors and chapels to pray with 24/7 access. They can also request a priest/Rev/pastor at all times. That wasn't her role, not unless the patient requested it directly from her. Trust me, the disiplinary method within our NHS is long. She would have been called for 3 supervisions, verbal warnings, written warnings. This most likely would have been going on for a long time despite being warned. She probably got sacked due to several complaints from patients who didn't want to be prayed for or weren't interested. She had a professional and a clinical responsibility to her patients. It's heart breaking because I see a lot of African Christian nurses doing this. We can't impose our faith on people no matter how much we feel they need it. Oh dear.. Oh dear!
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by PastorAIO: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Na so one christian nija teacher for one primary school for UK by force by force tore of the hijab of a little girl and started tell her how much she hated islam and it was evil religion.

Me, I say sack them all. Let them go to church. Pastor go find another job for them. Or Pastor fit open him own church and school and employ them. Any sick person wey enter, instead make them treat them , they go pray for them.

Na so we dey kee pipu for our country nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by LadyAnn(f): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
bigtt76:
Na so i go Hospital here after paying 20K (10K registration and 10k consultation) the doctor begin preach to me ....though I enjoyed the session but not many would if having gone through hell to be in the hospital, some nurse or doctor starts preaching instead of providing medical counseling.

Not saying the authorities are right for sacking her though, but she should have exercised restraint. I watched her video and I must say I see her as that type that believe he or she must be martyred voluntarily. 3 warnings and you still continued? Haba ...I guess the authorities did what they did just to avoid being sued.

My dear, it's not even 3 warnings.... Trust me. I've been working in the NHS for long. You get supervisions, you get training, you get verbal warnings and then written, then Disciplinary meetings... The NHS knows that it's liable to be sued so they must have covered all loop holes in her contract. I personally would be shocked if she successfully sues the NHS. You can't force religion on terminally ill people or sick patients. Who does that? Why is it always the black Africans with this habit? It's embarrassing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by hopefulLandlord: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
LadyAnn:

My dear, it's not even 3 warnings.... Trust me. I've been working in the NHS for long. You get supervisions, you get training, you get verbal warnings and then written, then Disciplinary meetings... The NHS knows that it's liable to be sued so they must have covered all loop holes in her contract. I personally would be shocked if she successfully sues the NHS. You can't force religion on terminally ill people or sick patients. Who does that? Why is it always the black Africans with this habit? It's embarrassing

Religious groups so often reach out to people when they are at their weakest point, capitalizing on the suffering of others. Despite their best intentions, this is ultimately predatory behavior.
I wonder why evangelists aren't bothered by what this says about the product they're selling. They know the most likely time for a sale is when their target is the least able to think clearly and make rational choices. All of their most aggressive efforts are focused at the most vulnerable people.

They target children before they're old enough to know that their parents are often wrong. They target young adults when they're first away from home and feeling lonely. They target other people when they're sick, grieving, or struck by some other tragedy. They target the elderly when they're lonely and afraid of death.

It's even worse than that, In my church days I recall people openly advocating this approach, and attributing it to the deity they worship.
"God wants us broken so He can work in and through us. He can't if we're too self-sufficient". The more Calvinistic among them would probably say that God would make that person broken to the point where they see no viable alternative than to seek God's intervention and redemption."
This isn't used just to lure in vulnerable potential converts. It's also used as a tool to keep the already churched and those who at least appear to believe in line.

3 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by ifenes(m): 8:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
She must have had her 3 warnings then. I once was preached to by an African nurse years back but decided against reporting as I would not like to see a sister lose her job. I don't know what is wrong with African though, why must she try to impose her religious beliefs on a sick patient?

2 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by mumumugu(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
she should first seek the religion of patient
preaching during working hours is wrong
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by LadyAnn(f): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Religious groups so often reach out to people when they are at their weakest point, capitalizing on the suffering of others. Despite their best intentions, this is ultimately predatory behavior.
I wonder why evangelists aren't bothered by what this says about the product they're selling. They know the most likely time for a sale is when their target is the least able to think clearly and make rational choices. All of their most aggressive efforts are focused at the most vulnerable people.

They target children before they're old enough to know that their parents are often wrong. They target young adults when they're first away from home and feeling lonely. They target other people when they're sick, grieving, or struck by some other tragedy. They target the elderly when they're lonely and afraid of death.

It's even worse than that, In my church days I recall people openly advocating this approach, and attributing it to the deity they worship.
"God wants us broken so He can work in and through us. He can't if we're too self-sufficient". The more Calvinistic among them would probably say that God would make that person broken to the point where they see no viable alternative than to seek God's intervention and redemption."
This isn't used just to lure in vulnerable potential converts. It's also used as a tool to keep the already churched and those who at least appear to believe in line.

Exactly dear. If the patient initiates the request then there is no problem but until that happens there should be a clear division between personal belief and work. If nurses are unable to abide by that then the only alternative should be suspension and ultimately dismissal. She breached the NMC code of conduct by using her professional status to ‘promote causes that are not related to health’ and by failing to ‘demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity’.

1 Like

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by kevoh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2016

Good riddance! African Christians always putting their religion in your face at every opportunity but when they come up against a critic, they will be telling you to respect their religion. Once again, good riddance abeg! angry

4 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by lepasharon(f): 1:33am On Dec 13, 2016
ifenes:
She must have had her 3 warnings then. I once was preached to by an African nurse years back but decided against reporting as I would not like to see a sister lose her job. I don't know what is wrong with African though, why must she try to impose her religious beliefs on a sick patient?

Especially when it comes to sexual health advise, african nurses are the first to Judge. The Nigerian nurses are the worst and some of them have horrible attitudes

1 Like

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 08, 2017
were this to happen in a Nigerian Hospital;
CAN would be screaming discrimination and alleged islamization plan undecided

4 Likes

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by Niflheim(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
I feel bad that she lost her job!!! However.....................................................

1.Prayer does not work, that is why faith healer Benny Hinn went to a hospital when he was sick!!!

2.No nation has ever advanced through prayer......................but through action and hard work!!!

3. I once heard of a man in Nigeria who prayed against the white, smelling, shapeless and faceless monster that attacked him every night in his dream.......................................he was actually praying against fufu(the last thing he ate at night)!!!

4.I remember a woman who prayed against satan whom she claimed jumped on her roof every night to steal her money in the house!!!.........................................There was a mango tree on the roof, and what she thought were "satan's sanchos boots", were nothing more than mangoes falling from the tree unto her roof!!!

1 Like

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by akintom(m): 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
Niflheim:
I feel bad that she lost her job!!! However.....................................................

1.Prayer does not work, that is why faith healer Benny Hinn went to a hospital when he was sick!!!

2.No nation has ever advanced through prayer......................but through action and hard work!!!

3. I once heard of a man in Nigeria who prayed against the white, smelling, shapeless and faceless monster that attacked him every night in his dream.......................................he was actually praying against fufu(the last thing he ate at night)!!!

4.I remember a woman who prayed against satan whom she claimed jumped on her roof every night to steal her money in the house!!!.........................................There was a mango tree on the roof, and what she thought were "satan's sanchos boots", were nothing more than mangoes falling from the tree unto her roof!!!

Christians are particularly an interesting study in futility and arrogant ignorance.

They are praying for better Nigeria (in terms of growth and development), what they have not taken break to ponder upon, is that NO single developed nation, arrived at that level through illusionary miracle. It came about through hard thinking and working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by EazyMoh(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
This is persecution and Islamization. We will not take this! Where is FFK to write another epistle.
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by Droldnallufepoh: 7:20pm On May 20, 2017
EazyMoh:
This is persecution and Islamization. We will not take this! Where is FFK to write another epistle.
grin
Re: African Nurse Who Offered To Pray With Her Patients Sacked In The UK by OtemAtum: 7:41pm On May 20, 2017
Sharming95:
Yes, the end to religious jargon is here. Praise the lords.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Wife Turn Me Horn Please Help / Curing Africa Of Its Superstitious Beliefs. / How Old Was Jesus Christ When Died?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.