Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari (413 Views)

Buhari's First Day In Office As Military Head Of State 1983 / Protesting Youths Boo, Stone Ortom As Military Battle Protests In Benue / Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by wexyee: 12:25am On Dec 15, 2016
ABUJA-President Muhammadu Buhari
Wednesday recalled with nostalgia his days in
the Nigerian Army, saying that they were
characterized by war, coups and counter-
coups. He said that as a young military officer, there
was no time for academic pursuits. He therefore commended the leadership of the
present Nigerian military for the intellectual
transformation of the officer corps. The president who spoke at a ceremony for
the decoration of two senior officers, Air- Vice
Marshal Sadiq Ismaila Kaita, the Commander of
the Presidential Air Fleet (PAF) and Colonel
Mohammed Lawal Abubakar, his Aide-De-
Camp (ADC), working closely with him at the State House said that modern armies required
superiority of intellect and imagination to
achieve victory in warfare. He expressed happiness that newly-promoted
officers had acquired a “dazzling array of
university degrees” The president however, urged all officers to
ensuree the translation of academic
achievements to performance in the field and
other places of assignment. President Muhammadu Buhari and Minister of Defence, Brig General Mansur Dan Ali decorates ADC to the President to the rank of Col Mohammed.Lawal Abubakar supported by the wife, Fatima Daura Abubakar at the Presidential Villa in Abuja “I am happy with the intellectual approach of
the military. In our time, there was no time for
academic pursuit. It was all about war, coups
and counter-coups,” he noted. President Buhari said in times of peace and
stability, military officers should use such
opportunity to pursue their intellectual
transformation which should go side-by-side
with hardware transformation of modern
armies. The President urged officers to read History,
irrespective of their academic backgrounds,
describing it as an important pre-requisite for
strategic learning and success in the military. He emphasized that the good quality of the
officer corps of the Nigerian Military called for
good performance. President Buhari congratulated both officers
on their various achievements in their services
and urged them to always be mindful of the
welfare of those placed under their command. President Muhammadu Buhari decorates the Presidential Air Fleet Commander,Air Vice Marshal Sadiq Isimail Kaita from Air Commodore to Air Vice Marshal supported by the wife of the paf commander at thePresidential Villa in Abuja Both Air Vice-Marshal Kaita and Colonel
Abubakar have, prior to their current
assignments, served the country in peace-
keeping missions abroad and are married with
families. www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/wars-coups-counter-coups-dominated-my-time-as-military-officer-buhari/
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Abadsheddy(m): 12:29am On Dec 15, 2016
is he trying to tell us that he doesn't have certificate or what
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Mynd44: 1:52am On Dec 15, 2016

(1)

A Leaked Audio Tape Has Revealed Governor Wike’s Plot To Rig The Rivers’ Electio / Accidental Discharge In Aso Rock Injures Female Worker / A Woman Blast Governor Ajimobi And Accused Him Of Mismanagement Of State Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.