Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos (1548 Views)

A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / A Hiking Experience In Snake Island / Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos by Alexandrason(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2016
Lagos is a place surrounded by water. No wonder we have the Island and the mainland. Islands are majorly concentrated with water. And they have special features that make them distinct from other places. The popular places referred to as places on the Island in Lagos are – Victoria Island, Banana Island and VGC and Ikoyi. Thus, many Lagosians might have heard but have not been to snake Island at Igbologun, Lagos.

Snake Island is 14 kilometers in length and 1.4 kilometer’s wide and is located opposite Tin Can Island Port, Apapa and has immediate access to the open sea. The Island is not as sophisticated as other Islands in Nigeria.

My friend Bisola shares her experience on the Island with me. In her words, “My first experience of Islands spoilt my longings for that beautiful euphoria that I had about Islands. Prior to this experience, I met with a young Lady who claimed to live at snake Island in Lagos. She is a bit sophisticated. So, I felt it she lived in an amazing place. I silently longed to go to her house – at least to visit her. Eventually, I had the opportunity to go to her house. I knew that my longings would be fed. The driver dropped us off at Tincan Island, he couldn’t proceed because we had to board a boat.

We boarded a rickety looking boat, We were given life jackets but I silently prayed for safety, I knew that there was no safety because I was only wearing a colored jacket. The Island looks like a village. I could not relate what I saw with the picture I had in mind. We got to her house, it was an uncompleted building, which housed a lot of domestic animals that her father reared. I was supposed to stay with her for three days, but I left the same day.”

Personally, I think Snake Island is an adventurous place to be. The fact that many people including Lagosians have not been to Snake Island may mean that they are missing out a beautiful adventure of how Lagos really is.
The environment still has a feel of an Island which makes it cool to be there. Indeed, this Island can be a centre of attraction in Lagos in the next ten to twenty years, so if you have not been there, go there today. If you want to visit Lagos anytime soon, you can patronise ToLet.com.ng to get a short let today.

For Pictures, Click here; https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/why-you-need-to-visit-snake-island-lagos/?utm_source=nairaland&utm_campaign=nairaland15_12_2016&utm_medium=blog
Re: Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos by OkunrinNa: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
do re mi fa so La las tic la la
Re: Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos by PortableAngel: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
beautiful write-up. Insightful
Re: Why You Need To Visit Snake Island Lagos by Thistles: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2016
cc; lalasticlacla

(1) (Reply)

The Top 10 Coldest Places On Earth That Humans Live / Nigerians In Austin, Texas, Let's Connect!!! / Us Visa Issue,help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.