Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI (14808 Views)

Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by arlomah: 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
Weeks after InsideMainland exclusively reported the overcrowding and looming danger at the Ketu pedestrian bridge, commuters still use the foot bridge with fear of being hurt in the process.
When InsideMainland visited the spot during the rush hour earlier today, commuters were seen in numbers using the bridge to access other parts of Ketu to avoid crossing the expressway due to the ban by the government.
InsideMainland learnt that due to the current state of the bridge, residents have resorted to begging KAI officers stationed at strategic points on the expressway to arrest offenders to allow them cross the expressway. This development was as a result of how the bridge vibrates and terrifies commuters when used.

However, checks on the pedestrian bridge showed that the government is currently involved in repair works there.

Presently, the rust railings commuters can use to gain balance when using the pedestrian bridge are currently been replaced with new ones while the usual directional signs on parts of the bridge has been removed.

Speaking to a resident who simply identified himself as Mukhtar, “the rehabilitation work on the bridge commenced few days ago but it has stopped. At first, I was impressed by the swift action to put the bridge in shape but I don’t understand why work stopped here.”

When asked when the workers were last seen on site, he swiftly replied that “it’s been three days since they last came here. I hope they finish what they started so we can use the bridge without fear.”

It was also discovered during checks around the bridge that the newly installed railings were only effected on both sides of the foot bridge as construction workers stopped at a portion connecting the railings to the steps on the pedestrian bridge.

The railings preventing commuters from failing off the steps connecting the pedestrian bridge are still in a bad state and needs to be changed.

The Special Adviser to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Communities and Communications, Hon. Kehinde Bamigbetan, told InsideMainland that “the Ministry of Works and Infrastructures is evaluating the bridge and will recommend immediate and long term solutions.”

Furthermore, InsideMainland learnt that there are plans by the government to cover the pedestrian bridge during the ongoing rehabilitation work there.

http://insidemainland.com/2016/12/15/ketu-pedestrian-bridge-continues-shake-terrified-commuters-beg-kai-allow-use-expressway/

cc @Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by chiefobdk(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
The suffering and smiling of lagosians. . Used to live in festac. .
The suffer wey dey lagos ehh....
Dem go dey form like say lagos special. . No good road. No light. . Wicked giant mosquitoes. Traffic from hell.

Thank God i ve gone back to my village..
Nnewi

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
If u no gt money for Lagos, Lagos go tire u. Look at how crowded pedestrian bridges is. I pity some wallets and phones

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by darknetcom: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
this thing is too small for such a amount of people..

this is very bad..

we are not 50million like kenya..

we are 180million..

this can work in kenya,but surely not in nigeria..

our leaders should start thinking big like america or divide the country to the size of kenya...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by tofolo(m): 7:34am On Dec 16, 2016
When it collapses and people die is when government would now intervene.

4 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by jchuchu(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Na wao
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by c4tnoelz: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2016
Nawao...must dey stay in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Chirolechick: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Lagos Nawa!!!!!

And lagos residents will tell you they can never live in another state.

Na real suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by PetrePan(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Chai..sumtin needs to be done asap..i hope they do sumtin before sumtin apun..
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by cococandy(f): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Why won't it shake. Look at the number of people on it.

2 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Generalkorex(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Lol
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by lonelydora: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Government should intervene before this bridge kill people
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by gusaua(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Ambode is working
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by adedayoa2(f): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2016
ISDKING:
If u no gt money for Lagos, Lagos go tire u. Look at how crowded pedestrian bridges is. I pity some wallets and phones
'if you no get money for Lagos, Lagos go tire you' abeg come stay Abuja without money.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by sakalisis(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by jomoh: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2016
The Special Adviser to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Communities and Communications, Hon. Kehinde Bamigbetan, told InsideMainland that “the Ministry of Works and Infrastructures is evaluating the bridge and will recommend immediate and long term solutions.”

Still evaluating? when human lives is at risk?

Typical Nigerian mentality we never take anything serious.

3 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by mccoy47(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2016
The only warning Africans take serious us "low battery"

5 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by nmreports: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Sad
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by deebrain(m): 7:40am On Dec 16, 2016
The difference between Ambode and Buhari is that Ambode kinda listens and acts on time....

Well it depends.

I hope Buhari has not "CHANGED" him.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Eko for show

2 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by dhardline(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:
Dem go dey form like say lagos special. . No good road. No light. . Wicked giant mosquitoes. Traffic from hell.

Nnewi
Bros but Nnewi is not a village na undecided. I know you are just being sarcastic sha grin

1 Like

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Too bad
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by jidxin(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Nnewi
congrat
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by jidxin(m): 7:42am On Dec 16, 2016
dhardline:

Bros but Nnewi is not a village na undecided. I know you are just being sarcastic sha grin
nna nnewi is a town
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by fagbohun4j(m): 7:42am On Dec 16, 2016
The best thing is to have your safety helmet on while on that bridge so as to avoid stories that touch. May God almighty save us all from any form of calamity as the year is coming to an end.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by tinacrl01(m): 7:44am On Dec 16, 2016
I don taya for this country

1 Like

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Enyimbamercedes: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2016
If it is to protest fuel increase now, they will fill up stadium and occupy everywhere. How many of you can KAI arrest!!! Get off that bridge and cross the road en masse ; in fact block the road and see whether the state won't listen to your pleas.

8 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by KevinDein: 7:48am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:
Nnewi
congrats man...I can totally relate.

You know, I keep saying it, Lagos is the real hell hole in Nigeria. Trust me peeps, if you don't live in Lagos, just wake up every morning and thank God for your life. The real suffering in Nigeria is in Lagos. Worst standard of living.

3 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2016
That bridge don tey nau (1209 BC) lolzzz

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by one4GOD(f): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Nnewi

Maybe where u found yourself in your first time because that matters a lot. if your first place of stay in lagos is okokomaiko, ajegunle, abule egba, oshodi etc of course you are going to experience the bitter side of lagos, so please don't condemn lagos in its entirety. I am not saying its all good and rosy but where is? I have lived my whole life in lagos though I am from the East but I can tell you, lagos is the only state that is working in Nigeria as we speak now. I just came back from a trip to Benin and imo state last week to see my peeps and all of those states have nothing to offer.

7 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2016
Bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

AGF Malami Queries Magu, Begins Probe Into DSS Allegations / Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday / 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.