Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

6 Ways To Be Emotionally Open With Your Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Ways To Be Emotionally Open With Your Partner (517 Views)

Never Be Emotionally Vulnerable To A Woman. / Help! I'm Emotionally Wrecked! / Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Be Emotionally Open With Your Partner by hyman9ja(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
Like I have always said before relationships are never easy it takes a lot of work to make it work. But if you can pass through the twist and turns surrounding it, then you will find a way to emotionally communicate better with your partner. Relationships go beyond going out on a date is about creating a life with another person. Unlike been born into a family you choose to be with this person and you deeply fall in love and care for them. Through every situation, you choose to be together.

I don't think I have ever heard of a perfect relationship void of misunderstandings, and if you have, well that person is probably faking it, nobody is really perfect. Everyone has a few key qualifications that they need to have in relationships. For some, honesty trumps loyalty, while for others, sex is above being wealthy. Even though all of these are pretty important to have in a relationship, I believe communication, especially open communication, is a huge factor in making a relationship truly work. If you and your partner know how to communicate with each other, then you have a pretty solid relationship. It's a great feeling knowing you can go to your partner with any concern or thought and know they are going to respect and empathize with you. But being completely transparent with your partner is not everyone's strong suit. It will take practice and determination to get it just right. With a few tips below, you and your partner will be communicating well in no time.

1. Drop Your Fear of Rejection

When it comes to being open a lot of people are always afraid, you have to let go of the thought of possibly being rejected by your partner. Being open means being vulnerable, and for you to achieve an honest and open relationship, you can't be afraid of what the outcome might be, take that chance and know your stands. If you can't be open with the person that you love because you are afraid of what they might think or say, then that is not a relationship to be in, trust me it is a terrible idea living in fear of rejection it kills you slowly. Your significant other needs to be empathic and understanding when you are expressing your feelings because it's not easy for everyone to be verbal about how they feel inside. Take it one step at a time, when it comes to being open with your partner. If they are not reacting in a positive way, explain to them how that makes you feel. It could help them understand where you are coming from.

2. Honesty

Don't be afraid to be completely honest and open to your partner. I mean to be honest with your feelings and don't lie to make them feel better when it comes to serious conversations. You are doing more harm than good. I appreciate it when my partner can be vulnerable and honest with me. I feel it makes us closer, which then makes me feel like I can be open and honest with her in return.

3. Say it as it is

Don't try to beat around the bush when it comes to your emotions. Sometimes people ask questions instead of saying statements this only further complicates things. Instead, just be honest with yourself by saying exactly what you want. This will help clarify any misinterpreted feelings and allow you and your significant other to get straight to the point.

Read More Here >>> http://lovefac3..com.ng/2016/12/6-ways-to-be-emotionally-open-with-your.html

More Here >>> http://lovefac3..com.ng/

Follow us:

facebook.com/lovesfactory
Twitter: @lovefac3
Whatsapp +2348066824350
PalmChat: LOVE AND LOVE FACTORY

(1) (Reply)

Summarize Your Past: Kiss And Tell Syndrome 2 / Do Whatever You Can Now When You Are Single! / Top 5 Biggest Mistakes Most Girls Make In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.