Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant (26442 Views)

Dual Carriageway Constructed By Dunamis Church In Mararaba, Nasarawa (Photos) / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hopefulLandlord: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
obindomanya:
stupidity gone on rampage!
show me the stupidity
Joseph wasn't Jesus father biologically speaking
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hopefulLandlord: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
mrblessed:
Your post depicted a spectacular lack of familarity with the Bible. It is wrong, even disingenuous, to say Jesus Christ was born out of wedlock, but you can correctly say he wasn't a biological son of Joseph due to his godhead nature.

what's the difference?

if a wife of a politician bleeps the gardener and gets pregnant, was the baby conceived outside wedlock or not?
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Wolexdey(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
olagbemi118:
I guess u av nothing to offer

Oh! I see.

You “guess"

Thanks and take care ooo
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by profhezekiah: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
so JESUS was conceived thru intercourse ,pls buy a brain
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus was not the son of Joseph

so he was conceived outside wedlock
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hopefulLandlord: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
profhezekiah:
so JESUS was conceived thru intercourse ,pls buy a brain

OGA, Joseph didn't have a hand in his birth

he's not the son of his mother's husband, he's a bastard, Deal with it!
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by profhezekiah: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
U never seems to understand nature it better nt to aware of their evil dan commit evil for dem, if it is abortion church is vindicated,because dey didnt knw but pregnancy is out of it because it is glaring, as a christian I mean christian nt church goer, U must marry as a virgin
UAE123:
Every church has its rules & regulations that its members are expected to follow once they are members of that church. But I will prefer approving the marriage of a three months old pregnant woman than indirectly encouraging the ladies to carry out an abortion so as to be able to wed in the church.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by UAE123(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
profhezekiah:
U never seems to understand nature it better nt to aware of their evil dan commit evil for dem, if it is abortion church is vindicated,because dey didnt knw but pregnancy is out of it because it is glaring, as a christian I mean christian nt church goer, U must marry as a virgin
I clearly, fully & wholely understand nature. I stand with my statement of preferring a lady that is pregnant & encouraging her to keep the pregnancy than to bring laws that will push people to commit abortion because of Churches laws.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by MayhorE(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
M here to see some degenerated brains, making some degenerated comments.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hmmm Nobody Holy passi eh, lukin 2 my eyes and tell me say u passi eh. One Love. God help us. Wht after the marriage, the husband discover due to side effect of abortion, the wife can't get pregnant again?? Na question I ask oooo
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by folasayolyn(f): 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
If you say the church is not supposed to wed a pregnant lady then wedding should strictly be meant for virgins because fornication is fornication whether the lady gets pregnant or not.

Some aunties after series of abortion they put on white gown for church wedding and you all will go there and keep quiet then you condemn a lady who kept the baby.

If I were in her shoes I wouldn't even bother for a church wedding I will just do it in court and go for reception after all wedding is wedding wether it was in church or not.

One last thing; what is the relevance of church wedding?

as in should she go abort. nonsense. how many couples only gbenshe after wedding. even their so called pastor
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by AK6464(m): 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
tete7000:

Would you baptise a converted pregnant woman?

Yea, why not
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by tete7000(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
AK6464:

Yea, why not

And after the child is born, will he/she at some point have his/her own baptism or going by your argument against marrying a pregnant woman, there won't be any need as the child would have shared the mother baptism while inside her?
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by thesicilian: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
Badgers14:

Please oga pastor, can you explain to me why Jesus went to dine and wine with Zaccheaus

Also why JESUS condemned stoning of the adulterous woman.

There is no justification for what the church did.. In my opinion they were 150% wrong... angry

So the lady should not get married then because she is pregnant?

Who are we to judge one another

Before you start quoting me, I want you to look inside your self and cast the first stone if you are without sin

You know, we are always so quick to scream "do not judge" when we truly do not fully comprehend the statement. The man of God has been appointed as a pastor over the congregation for the perfecting of the saints. He is an earthly judge. This means good moral and spiritual upbringing in order to present them blameless before Jesus on that day. You do not as a Christian go about committing sins and expect not to get punished for it. Punishing them does not mean they were not forgiven, these are correctional measures that have been put in place to first discipline the erring couple, and second, serve as a warning to others.
David is probably one if the most cherished servants that God ever had, yet when he took another man's wife after killing the man, did God wave it off saying "I have forgiven you, Go and sin no more"? Though he was clearly forgiven, no amount of fasting and praying by David was able to save the child that resulted from such a sinful union...
The church had a law put in place, the couple broke the law. They were punished.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hemmy1843(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
MrPresident1:
People that are already married in the eyes of God.

In the eyes of God, sex is marriage smiley

May the Almighty God have mercy on your soul for that statement.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by udoh2k: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
Thats not news, they did the right thing.
people should stop tempting churches, pastors and other christians.
If you are pregnant before marriage you best not do a church wedding.
u are right. since it has happened, they shd hv forgotten abt church wedding and go to court. The church took their stand so dt it will nt encourage others to engage in pre-marital sx.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hemmy1843(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
A white wedding gown signifies purity, you can't be pregnant and be joined in white wedding gown, the gown should be in another color and that is even when the pregnancy is not evident that is not showing. Those that are disvigined and use white gown are to be judged by God cos no man can know if they're virgin or not but wearing a white gown when belly protrudes is disrespecting God and altar defiling.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by blueflowers(f): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
Every church has its rules. If u are found pregnant in my church, first of all u have to face church discipline before u get wedded in church
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hemmy1843(m): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
erico2k2:

There is nowhere in teh Bible where it says so.
Who art thou? For these reason a man must leave his parent and cleave to his wife. Not his wife and unborn child.
People are sometimes funny, were u hungry when you typed that comment.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Titilayooni(f): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
If you say the church is not supposed to wed a pregnant lady then wedding should strictly be meant for virgins because fornication is fornication whether the lady gets pregnant or not.

Some aunties after series of abortion they put on white gown for church wedding and you all will go there and keep quiet then you condemn a lady who kept the baby.

If I were in her shoes I wouldn't even bother for a church wedding I will just do it in court and go for reception after all wedding is wedding wether it was in church or not.

One last thing; what is the relevance of church wedding?
God bless you for that last statement,I don't see the relevance too.....as for me,no church wedding:just go to registry and engagement. Na dem sabi jare,na by force to do church wedding
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by jabojafa(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2016
2SWT:
fine but would you rather advice abortion?
no abortion but she shd deliver first and come back for marriage blessing in d church.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2016
thesicilian:

You know, we are always so quick to scream "do not judge" when we truly do not fully comprehend the statement. The man of God has been appointed as a pastor over the congregation for the perfecting of the saints. He is an earthly judge. This means good moral and spiritual upbringing in order to present them blameless before Jesus on that day. You do not as a Christian go about committing sins and expect not to get punished for it. Punishing them does not mean they were not forgiven, these are correctional measures that have been put in place to first discipline the erring couple, and second, serve as a warning to others.
David is probably one if the most cherished servants that God ever had, yet when he took another man's wife after killing the man, did God wave it off saying "I have forgiven you, Go and sin no more"? Though he was clearly forgiven, no amount of fasting and praying by David was able to save the child that resulted from such a sinful union...
The church had a law put in place, the couple broke the law. They were punished.

This your yada yada is rubbish..

So the lady should stay unmarried because she was pregnant before her wedding??

Don't let this pastors confuse you..

The bible says do not Judge... Jesus said he without sin should cast the first stone..

By the way no pastor is appointed to judge his fellow being... Don't let them confuse you
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2016
paulbets:

Bros, although am not sure of the church's reason for cancelling the wedding because the lady is pregnant. But I want you to stop seeing it as a case of sin. In some tradition in Nigeria, you don't pay bride price for your pregnant wife to be; not just because you impregnating her through premarital sex was sinful (I doubt if they care), but because she is two in one at that moment, and one cannot pay bride price for mother and child.
I want you to see it from that angle. Therefore in cases like this, the bride price will be paid at a later date when the woman is not pregnant.

No you are talking... Although i don't agree with you... I applaud you for your matured response.

But the church was seeing it from the sin perspective though and not on the traditional perspective
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2016
xendra:
na you sabi o, stop wasting my mb cos i can see you have decided that its ok to keep crucifying christ because he came to die once.

Who's wasting your mb

Did i tell you to open Nairaland

What a confused soul.. angry Holier than thou

Fûck off
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2016
jabojafa:
no abortion but she shd deliver first and come back for marriage blessing in d church.

I understand what you are saying though and i am tempted to agree with you, but Wouldn't that be making mockery of the system
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Badgers14:

Who's wasting your mb

Did i tell you to open Nairaland

What a confused soul.. angry Holier than thou

Fûck off
you'll sure look better if you keep quiet.

even in real life cheesy
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by CHARLOE(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
thesicilian:
I am in support of what the church has done. In this day and age when morality and godliness has been pushed to the background, it is heartwarming to see there are still some organizations that value high moral standards.
The principles of Christianity are not open for democratic debates, public opinion nor should it be liable to the so called civilization.
Ignorance! Was Mary not pregnant with Jesus b4 Joseph married her? If na today, maybe Mary wld have bin tempted to do abortion cos of church wedding
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by thesicilian: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
CHARLOE:

Ignorance! Was Mary not pregnant with Jesus b4 Joseph married her? If na today, maybe Mary wld have bin tempted to do abortion cos of church wedding
Don't talk about what you don't understand.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by jabojafa(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
Badgers14:

I understand what you are saying though and i am tempted to agree with you, but Wouldn't that be making mockery of the system
nop... Like Christ said he came for d sinners n not d saints... Measures like dis has to be inplace if nt the church wud be indirectly insupport of fornication wich is a sin b4 God and d flesh.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
jabojafa:
nop... Like Christ said he came for d sinners n not d saints... Measures like dis has to be inplace if nt the church wud be indirectly insupport of fornication wich is a sin b4 God and d flesh.

What should this young lady do then
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
xendra:
you'll sure look better if you keep quiet.

even in real life cheesy

Ebi like say them just buy phone give you abi
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by jabojafa(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Badgers14:

What should this young lady do then
marriage blessing.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by CHARLOE(m): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
thesicilian:

Don't talk about what you don't understand.
Ignoramus!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Pastor Adeboye & Wife Visit Ortom, Benue For Condolence / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.