Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! (1767 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Syria And Israel In Exchange Of Fire / UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Cmeo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
The war at Gaza and West bank seems not ending and this is due to Palestine believe that Israel and Israelis are occupying their land vice versa. However, I will urge all Nairalander to give meaningful, intelligent and interesting contributions to this trend. Lets point the possible causes, those at fault, those who contribute to this war and differences and all other things that could reveal the truth about these occupied regions in Middle East.

Dont forget, meaningful, intelligent and interesting contribution only.

I am also using this medium to implore the moderator and Seun to keep this topic at the top of the list on international affairs as this Middle-East Issue is important to the world of international affairs.[pre][/pre]
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by sleekp1: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
C me o:

I am also using this medium to [b]implore the moderator and Seun to keep this topic at the top of the list on international affair[/b]s as this Middle-East Issue is important to the world of international affairs.

Wetin concern Monkey with Bonga fish?
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by NegroNtns(m): 12:44am On Nov 17, 2009
@Post,

The Israel/Palestine confrontation was at one time a genuine political and boundary issue but in this time and age it has degenrated into a war of necessity and convenience for Israel.

Israel's relevance is in global affairs is legitimized by this war and the position that Palestinia takes. If Palestinian leaders stand up today and say okay, we are exhausted we throw up our demands and accept the Israeli offer on face value. . . Netanyahu will still not accept the offer for peace. If there is no war and no enemy. . . then what does Israel have left in its national agenda and policy to give it relevance in UN and global diplomacy? Nothing! They are not a major food producer. . . their resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is a suspect around the globe. So they are stuck! I am hearing though that they want to reinvent their nationality. Some groups are raising concern that statehood had cost them prominence and domination and that their influence is limited only to United States. . . a big shift and loss when compared with their monopolitic network of influence throughout old Europe and USSR. . . the base of global power and industry.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by naliakar: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2009
C me o:

I am also using this medium to implore the moderator and Seun to keep this topic at the top of the list on international affairs as this Middle-East Issue is important to the world of international affairs.[pre][/pre]

Unless you wish that Nairalanders re-invent the wheel, there is very little that would be novel when it comes to the arguments on either side of the Palestinian crisis. they are as old as the time Abraham abandoned Mesopotamia for resettlement in Palestine.

If you are a Nairalander, you should be more concerned with Congo and or CHAD crises. Or here at home your focus should be on why Igboland has not produced a leader to save Nigeria out of the current vision-less hole.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

@Post,

The Israel/Palestine confrontation was at one time a genuine political and boundary issue but in this time and age it has degenrated into a war of necessity and convenience for Israel.

Israel's relevance is in global affairs is legitimized by this war and the position that Palestinia takes. If Palestinian leaders stand up today and say okay, we are exhausted we throw up our demands and accept the Israeli offer on face value. . . Netanyahu will still not accept the offer for peace. If there is no war and no enemy. . . then what does Israel have left in its national agenda and policy to give it relevance in UN and global diplomacy? Nothing! They are not a major food producer. . . their resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is a suspect around the globe. So they are stuck! I am hearing though that they want to reinvent their nationality. Some groups are raising concern that statehood had cost them prominence and domination and that their influence is limited only to United States. . . a big shift and loss when compared with their monopolitic network of influence throughout old Europe and USSR. . . the base of global power and industry.

You need more evidence that we have more ignorant idiots on these boards than ever before?

I mean its laughably STUPID for someone to say that Jewish resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is suspect around the globe when Jews were responsible for the atomic bomb and space research in the US and Russia.

I mean can you take this guy serious when he says Israel has no prominence giving it is one of the few nuclear armed nations on earth?

I really must not laugh at the incredulity on display here.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Radiant(f): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2009
. . .matters beyond me wink
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by NegroNtns(m): 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2009
@Davidylan. . . quote from Poster

Dont forget, meaningful, intelligent and interesting contribution only

The Poster is looking for discussions. . . not for caustic criticisms of intelligible ideas.  You failed that call, let me shepherd you back in line to the topic.   grin

I mean its laughably STUPID for someone to say that Jewish resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is suspect around the globe when Jews were responsible for the atomic bomb and space research in the US and Russia.

Here is the answer. . pay attention to the keyword. . . I highlighted it for you.  No one is talking about Jews. . .we are sharing knowledge on the sovereignties of Israel and Palestine. . . not the individual nationalities of those states.  

then what does Israel  have left in its national agenda and policy to give it relevance in UN and global diplomacy?  Nothing!  They are not a major food producer. . . their resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is a suspect around the globe.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2009
You are very opinionated, davidylan, towards anything Israel and/or American. You are never objective.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by yeswecan(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
C me o:

The war at Gaza and West bank seems not ending and this is due to Palestine believe that Israel and Israelis are occupying their land vice versa.

This is clearly because of the hidden Islamic agenda to eliminate all Jews.  The Israel occupation justifies hatred for Jews all over the region, justifies formation of terrorist organization (Hezbollah and Hamas) aimed at elimination Jews, justifies Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's right to own nuclear weapons….at least to few, So the Palestine are not ready to loose that.

I am looking forward to a peace project, so we can all see what the real issue is.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by yeswecan(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

@Post,

Israel's relevance is in global affairs is legitimized by this war and the position that Palestinia takes. If Palestinian leaders stand up today and say okay, we are exhausted we throw up our demands and accept the Israeli offer on face value. . . [b]Netanyahu will still not accept the offer for peace. If there is no war and no enemy. . . then what does Israel have left in its national agenda and policy to give it relevance in UN and global diplomacy? Nothing! They are not a major food producer. . . their resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity [/b]is a suspect around the globe. [b]So they are stuck! I am hearing though that they want to reinvent their nationality. Some groups are raising concern that statehood had cost them prominence and domination and that their influence is limited only to United States. . . a big shift and loss when compared with their monopolitic network of influence throughout old Europe and USSR. . . the base of global power and industry.
[/b]

LOOOOOOOOOOL

You are sooooooo lost. take off your shades to get the real picture
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

@Davidylan. . . quote from Poster

The Poster is looking for discussions. . . not for caustic criticisms of intelligible ideas.  You failed that call, let me shepherd you back in line to the topic.   grin

The poster is looking for discussions not meaningless noise-making.

Negro_Ntns:

Here is the answer. . pay attention to the keyword. . . I highlighted it for you.  No one is talking about Jews. . .we are sharing knowledge on the sovereignties of Israel and Palestine. . . not the individual nationalities of those states.  

then what does Israel  have left in its national agenda and policy to give it relevance in UN and global diplomacy?  Nothing!  They are not a major food producer. . . their resources are insignificant and their industrial ingenuity is a suspect around the globe.

What a disgrace. Are you that blank?
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
muhsin:

You are very opinionated, davidylan, towards anything Israel and/or American. You are never objective.

Where was i not being objective?
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by NegroNtns(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
You are sooooooo lost. take off your shades to get the real picture

Well, show me the way. Whats the real picture?
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2009
davidylan:

Where was i not being objective?

Where have you ever been objective? Remember Israel/Gaza war time. . .
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by bawomolo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
- A Gaza charity headed by the interior minister of the militant Hamas group on Wednesday offered $1.4 million to any Arab citizen of Israel who abducts a soldier.

Palestinians have frequently called on Israeli Arabs to abduct Israeli soldiers, but this is the first time that money has been offered.

The Waad group from Gaza offered the bounty for Israeli soldiers in an e-mail sent to Palestinian media. The organization, which supports Palestinian prisoners held by Israel, is headed by Hamas' Interior Minister Fathi Hamad. The minister did not return messages seeking comment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34020088/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

In a statement issued Wednesday, the Swedish EU presidency said, "The Presidency of the European Union is dismayed by the recent decision on the expansion of the settlement of Gilo," EUobserver.com reported Thursday. "The presidency recalls that settlement activities, house demolitions and evictions in East Jerusalem are illegal under international law."

The Jerusalem municipal planning committee Tuesday approved construction of about 900 housing units in Gilo, claimed by Israel as a Jerusalem neighborhood but described by the United Nations as an Israeli settlement, the publication said. About 40,000 Israelis live in Gilo, built on West Bank land Israel captured in the 1967 Six-Day War and later annexed as part of Jerusalem.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/International/2009/11/19/EU-chides-Israel-on-planned-construction/UPI-49451258641811/

both sides are full of shit.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by NegroNtns(m): 12:42am On Nov 20, 2009

BOTTOM LINE!
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2009
bawomolo:

But that of Israel out-weight that of Palastine. Incontestable fact.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

The problem is palestine is not even arab.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
davidylan:

The problem is palestine is not even arab.

Does that really matter or rather count in the conflict? How?
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

Does that really matter or rather count in the conflict? How?

It matters A GREAT DEAL! As at 1948, a "palestinian" refered EXCLUSIVELY to a jew living in the palestine area. Palestine derives its name from the AD 70 Roman invasion of Israeli JEWS not arabs!

What is important to note here is how arab muslims have DECIETFULLY co-opted a name that doesnt belong to them to mask their real problem . . . the islamic desire to destroy Israel. Stealing this name has allowed arabs to somehow delegitimise the real jewish owners of the land of Israel. Today when we say "palestine", it has become synonymous with braying arab terrorists screaming at Israel for "stealing their land" . . . which land exactly?

1 Like

Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2009
davidylan:

It matters A GREAT DEAL! As at 1948, a "palestinian" refered EXCLUSIVELY to a jew living in the palestine area. Palestine derives its name from the AD 70 Roman invasion of Israeli JEWS not arabs!

What is important to note here is how arab muslims have DECIETFULLY co-opted a name that doesnt belong to them to mask their real problem . . . the islamic desire to destroy Israel. Stealing this name has allowed arabs to somehow delegitimise the real jewish owners of the land of Israel. Today when we say "palestine", it has become synonymous with braying arab terrorists screaming at Israel for "stealing their land" . . . which land exactly?

David, you remain the most adamant human who denies the fact that Palestinian land is being occupied by the Jews settlers on this earth. Wallahi just yesterday I watched on BBC, Washington warning Israel to halt her intended action of building more houses on Palestinian land. Haba?! How shamelessly unfair of you? shocked

Furthermore, if they aren't Arab then what tribe are they? What language do they exclusively speak? What sort of culture is theirs? Answer these question for the beginning.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

David, you remain the most adamant human who denies the fact that Palestinian land is being occupied by the Jews settlers on this earth. Wallahi just yesterday I watched on BBC, Washington warning Israel to halt her intended action of building more houses on Palestinian land. Haba?! How shamelessly unfair of you? shocked

Furthermore, if they aren't Arab then what tribe are they? What language do they exclusively speak? What sort of culture is theirs? Answer these question for the beginning.

Imagine . . . i took time to school this islamobot on the history or Palestine and he's telling us Jewish "settlers" are occupying "palestinian" land? To start with . . . the term "palestinian" has for the last 1000 yrs refered EXCLUSIVELY to JEWS! Palestine has NOTHING to do with arabic or islam but was a Roman invention. Up until 1988, even arabs didnt call themselves "palestinians" . . . yeah you go read the earliest manifestoes for Hamas and FATAH . . . they do NOT refer to themselves as such!

Now the West Bank = Judea/Samaria . . . certainly not arab towns at all. It only got renamed "west bank" after Jordan forcefully annexed it from Israel in 1948.

Go read your history muhsin, we are sick of allah and his merry band of liars.

1 Like

Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

Can you kindly tell me the arab history of palestine pls? What is their culture? What is their flag? Who was the founder of Palestine? what is the arabic origin of the name?
Can you kindly tell us WHY towns like Bethlehem, Jericho and Judea are all part of "arab" palestine?

Foolish sons of demons.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
davidylan:

Imagine . . . i took time to school this islamobot on the history or Palestine and he's telling us Jewish "settlers" are occupying "palestinian" land? To start with . . . the term "palestinian" has for the last 1000 yrs refered EXCLUSIVELY to JEWS! Palestine has NOTHING to do with arabic or islam but was a Roman invention. Up until 1988, even arabs didnt call themselves "palestinians" . . . yeah you go read the earliest manifestoes for Hamas and FATAH . . . they do NOT refer to themselves as such!

Now the West Bank = Judea/Samaria . . . certainly not arab towns at all. It only got renamed "west bank" after Jordan forcefully annexed it from Israel in 1948.

Go read your history muhsin, we are sick of allah and his merry band of liars.

Your love for Israel and Jews is beyond limit . . . it even transcends that of America and American, while you are a Nigerian. Poor guy. You never cease surprising me, wallahi.

Let me reprhrase/reiterate my question: don't you believe Israel is occupying Palstinian lands? Then tell me the name given to those settlers even by Western media.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

Your love for Israel and Jews is beyond limit . . . it even transcends that of America and American, while you are a Nigerian. Poor guy. You never cease surprising me, wallahi.

Let me reprhrase/reiterate my question: don't you believe Israel is occupying Palstinian lands? Then tell me the name given to those settlers even by Western media.

What have the above to do with HISTORY? Did you even read what i posted or you just have your head buried firmly in the sands of islamic denial and fraudulence?

Which PALESTINIAN LANDS are you talking about? Machphelah, Jericho, Judea, Samaria, Bethlehem?

Please tell us when those lands became arab lands. Thank you.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2009
davidylan:

Can you kindly tell me the arab history of palestine pls? What is their culture? What is their flag? Who was the founder of Palestine? what is the arabic origin of the name?
Can you kindly tell us WHY towns like Bethlehem, Jericho and Judea are all part of "arab" palestine?

Foolish sons of demons.

Tomorrow, inshaAllah, I'll come back with more facts. . .refuting your baseless comments. Cya!
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
muhsin:

Tomorrow, inshaAllah, I'll come back with more facts. . .refuting your baseless comments. Cya!

You didnt even provide half a fact today . . . just bleating about "occupation". Simply tell us who owns the land and you are running away. The typical fraudulent muslim.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by bawomolo(m): 12:59am On Nov 21, 2009
muhsin:

umm it's contestable. palestinians don't even have an effective government or voice. Who does Israel negotiate with, hamas or fatah?

both sides need to stop passing the blame to one another.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 10:37am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

umm it's contestable. palestinians don't even have an effective government or voice. Who does Israel negotiate with, hamas or fatah?

both sides need to stop passing the blame to one another.

True. But I really don't think even if they do have it--gov't--Israel would listen to them, talk-less of negotiation with them.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 10:45am On Nov 21, 2009
davidylan:

You didnt even provide half a fact today . . . just bleating about "occupation". Simply tell us who owns the land and you are running away. The typical fraudulent muslim.

Can't you ever refrain from insulting other people, davidylan? This is sincerely speaking below you. . .unless if it's, as I once said some where on this board, a practice of your Sunday lesson. Who knows?

On more serious note; who wrote/compiled Encarta? Go do a little research and see it yourself. Palestinians are being mercilessly displaced, depopulated and massacred. And I know you know. . .you are just being intentionally hiding the fact. You don't know the facade is now frayed.
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by TippyTop(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2009
 Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here!
I think it would be better to discuss the paymasters of these Jewish murderers.
America fund's, equips, feeds, and guarantees the Israeli killing machines are well oiled.
Now cut off the supply of the above and the Jews would seize to remain intransigent, they would quickly capitulate and sue for peace. I hate the way the Jews assume superiority over everyone, this was why Hitler whooped their asses for real. Lol!!
Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here! by muhsin(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2009
Tippy Top:

Re: Lets Discuss The Issue Of Palestine And Israel Here!
I think it would be better to discuss the paymasters of these Jewish murderers.
America fund's, equips, feeds, and guarantees the Israeli killing machines are well oiled.
Now cut off the supply of the above and the Jews would seize to remain intransigent, they would quickly capitulate and sue for peace. I hate the way the Jews assume superiority over everyone, this was why Hitler whooped their asses for real. Lol!!

Well said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Trump Ends 32days Lockdown In White House, Fly To Camp David / Sabc Crew Members Being Mugged Live On Tv In South Africa! / President Ramaphosa Lost His Cool And Told Chief Whip John To "Shut Up"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.