Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas (13364 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein / 10 Tips To Help You Stay Safe When Boarding Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by sirequity(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Streets will be deserted, bustling communes will be quiet and it will seem like a ghost town. This is what happens in many Nigerian cities because many people are traveling for Christmas. This is a time when homes may be burgled due to the fact that there is no one home. Having someone stay at your house is the best thing you can do. There are multiple benefits for not only the maintenance of your home but making sure it stays secure. But if you can’t find someone, you still have to travel and keep your home safe. With this tips, your home will be safe and you will enjoy your Christmas without any worries.

Tell neighbors you will be away.

Even if you rarely speak with your neighbors, it is important to inform them that you won’t be around. This will make it easier for them to contact you in the case of any emergency.

Keep trees trimmed for visibility

If you have trees in your house, it will make it less difficult for someone to break in unnoticed by climbing the tree. So, with the trees well-trimmed, all windows and doors will be visible and will leave no room for the burglar to duck and hide.

Ask someone to check in every now and then

If you don’t have a house sitter, ask someone you know to at help you check from time-to-time to make sure everything is fine.

Create the impression that someone is Home

You can create the impression that someone is home by setting lights and television on the timer at night. In addition to this, you can leave a car in the garage. Jumia Travel adds that this illusion will make anyone think twice before burgling your house.

Stay available

Even though you are traveling for Christmas, it doesn’t mean you should get away and no one can contact you. It’s important to be available in case of an emergency.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/5-ways-to-keep-your-home-safe-when-you-travel-for-christmas/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by richidinho(m): 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks op

Ever since i got an alert from MMM i suspect everybody around me grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by empress101(f): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
hmn
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by nwosu35: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
U FAIL THIS ONE BY TELLING YOUR NEIGHBORS THAT YOU WILL BE OUT . . . BY EXPERIENCE ITS NOT ADVISABLE.

THANKS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by ralphblac(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
ok
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by sekem: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
How about don't even travel at all?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by stano2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
I don't fail to unplug the main fuse and change over, disconnect the gas and tight properly

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by tee83: 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice bros..FTC....
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by kulrunsman79(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Good information..... I love the point 1, 4, 5.
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by oluwaVaz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Off your control switch... To avoid fire out break... Happy Xmas in advance

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by Joshuamilarge(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
I be oba, I no dey go transfer. we don't travel. nevertheless FTC chairman
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by LEOSIRSIR(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks op for this
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by bestman09(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by adewasco2k(m): 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
install a solar powered CCTV Camera that you can use to monitor your house Solar powered CCTV System

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by ANIEXTY(m): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
6: set interior traps, for more explanation watch 'Home Alone' the movie.

thank me latter.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by Bueze95(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
if you like you can put security guard at your gate and doorstep, only God can protect you and your properties. like if you agree

13 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by GMBuhari: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
No home is truly safe but help your ministry by having a hidden / stealth motion camera , door alarm and if possible self sustaining electric fence
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by GMBuhari: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
richidinho:
Thanks op

Ever since i got an alert from MMM i suspect everybody around me grin grin

Alert in your dreams?
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by hardbody: 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
I don't need any of these. The only person to enter my compound and come out alive is my vet doctor. He goes to feed the dogs once a day., any other being , living or dead that goes in there, would have decayed before i come back on the 8th. My neighbours are the worst people you can have around you, let alone inform them you will be away. They have severally tried to poison my dogs when I am not there, thank God those fanged ladies only eat from their plates and will never pick anything from the floor not even if I was the one offering.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by holluphemydavid(m): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
its helpful
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by MrCounselor: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice tips
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by wtfCode: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2016

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by Tobyshegz(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Stack up bibles at your doorstep..
lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by empress101(f): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by engrhorla(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
hardbody:
I don't need any of these. The only person to enter my compound and come out alive is my vet doctor. He goes to feed the dogs once a day., any other being , living or dead that goes in there, would have decayed before i come back on the 8th. My neighbours are the worst people you can have around you, let alone inform them you will be away. They have severally tried to poison my dogs when I am not there, thank God those fanged ladies only eat from their plates and will never pick anything from the floor not even if I was the one offering.

See confidence o

How about ur vet doctor leading 'thief doctors' into ur compound..under duress of course

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by suntty(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
nice one
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by benjoggas: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
The enemies are within. ..and may be reading these hints.
Re: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas by ceejay80s(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Who wan travel for this hardship ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Going To Nigeria: Expired Passport: Big Problem: / 15 Of 162 New Libyan Returnees Arrive With Pregnancies / Thailand Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.