Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 (5633 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October / Abia Assembly Passes Anti-Grazing, Genotype, Insertion Of Blood Group Laws / Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by agwom(m): 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
The Ekiti House of Assembly on Tuesday passed the 2017 N93.4bn Appropriation Bill presented to it two weeks ago by Gov. Ayo Fayose.

The assembly passed the budget as presented by the governor.

The Appropriation Bill is tagged: “Budget of Consolidation for Higher Heights.’’

In passing the 2017 Appropriation Bill, the House considered the report of its Finance and Appropriation Committee.

NAN reports that the bill was presented to the House by the governor for legislative consideration on Tuesday, Dec.6,2016.

It subsequently passed through necessary parliamentary procedures.

During the Second Reading, members spoke on the policy thrusts as highlighted in the details of the budget estimates.

It was committed into the Committee of the Whole House, scrutinised page-by-page by the members and later passed into law.

The speaker, Mr kola Oluwawole, in his remarks, said the budget had sensitively taken care of all areas that the administration would look into in 2017.

“I want to commend the Committee of Finance and Appropriation and other members for a job well done”, he said.

The speaker adjourned sitting till Feb.20

(NAN)

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ekiti-assembly-passes-n93bn-budget-adjourns-till-feb-20/176937.html#7f5o4bc7rpkJc4yj.99
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by HungerBAD: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
Laughing.

Ekiti Lawmakers be like,we are taking our Christmas,Boxing day,New Year and Valentine vacation at once.

And I am sure Fayose told them to take 2 months off,so that he can have the time to count the money just released by the Courts,just to be sure nothing is missing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by BlackDBagba: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by somethinggood(m): 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
fayose my role model...grin grin

keep the likes coming and please someone should come to our aid.

Imagine a message in my place of work from our
DG
" Gather Staff and enlighten them as well as
broadcast this SMS. The truth is that since 2014,
FGN has taken Salary payment away from this
Institute. Every Civil Servant in the country is
paid centrally in a system called IPPIS and we
have nothing to do with the non-payment of
salaries currently being experienced. Everything
they told us to do, we complied and yet there
has been no payment even of month of
November. Payment of Salaries is administered
by Office of the Accountant General of the
Federation directly to individual accounts of
employees and Personnel Emolument of any
Staff comes to the Institute. DG/CEO"
how i wish the president or his people can see
this and come to our aid.... Corruption
everywhere and they keep blaming the president.
Since October, we have not received salary and
it is 20th December already.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by CaptainBomb(m): 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ki la o ti seyisi ooo.. Ekiti kete.. Fayoshit is a Gay.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Khd95(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Budget of incompetence

Abeg wetin fayoshit don achieve for ekiti ppls,except the banana wey im share gib children..and the pomo wey im buy from market womencry

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by MAINMAN001: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
93naira or billions smh

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Hemdy4jazz: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Passing by
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Adesiji77: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lawmakers and lengthy holidays angry

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Alusinejeuka(m): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fayose ride on.......... never mind the fake change promises

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Orestino(m): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
issokay
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Otono123(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by wunmi590(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ride on the father fayose
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Semper247(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
As if we expected something different.....

Adjourned sitting till feb 20? hmmmm

These thieves get paid for doing nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
What the phuck, February 20th

Lazy azz niegers

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by veekid(m): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2016

Buhari's nightmare again
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Akinz0126(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
We are watching!!!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by OYAY(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Of course they have to quickly pass it otherwise they will be marched to the govt house as promised by the governor if they dare not consider it quickly! But what is the basis of two month xmas holiday? Ekiti people don enter am!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Alexk2(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Who are they deceiving? This look more like a rubber stamp assembly doing just like fayose openly declared before them while presenting the budget.

And why Feb. 20 self.. .they should've adjourn sitting till Dec. Next year when Fayose want to present 2018 budget now.. ..as far as i'm concerned, all the houses of assemblies from the LGA to states to national are all waste of public funds...we can always find an alternative way to make our laws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by superstr: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Happy chrishmas in advance.

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
tongue
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Na mistake oh, I just came to read comments...
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by yedidiah(m): 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mehn all these assembly members dey live large sha. Which paid employer will allow you go on break till Feb 20th? yet they earn more than regular employees.

I wonder why the construction amendment sitting the other time didn't propose a drastic reduction in the break legislators can have. If the executive and judiciary don't go on such breaks, why should the legislature
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by evansjeff(m): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
And Lagos passed about 900bn? Na waoo...if Ambode dey talk Fayose go still dey talk, Ekiti budget be like one LGA own for Lagos, na this thing dey pain fayose make am dey shout anyhow. WE WILL NOT TAKE IT

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Layinkaige: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
somethinggood:
fayose my role model...grin grin

keep the likes coming and please someone should come to our aid.

Imagine a message in my place of work from our
DG
" Gather Staff and enlighten them as well as
broadcast this SMS. The truth is that since 2014,
FGN has taken Salary payment away from this
Institute. Every Civil Servant in the country is
paid centrally in a system called IPPIS and we
have nothing to do with the non-payment of
salaries currently being experienced. Everything
they told us to do, we complied and yet there
has been no payment even of month of
November. Payment of Salaries is administered
by Office of the Accountant General of the
Federation directly to individual accounts of
employees and Personnel Emolument of any
Staff comes to the Institute. DG/CEO"
how i wish the president or his people can see
this and come to our aid in NBRRI.. Corruption
everywhere and they keep blaming the president.
Since October, we have not received salary and
it is 20th December already.

It is not only in your parastatal of. What your DG said is true. In Ministry of Health we've not been paid since October Salary too. This is part of the "change agenda"

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by kareemkamil(m): 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wailing wailer, do finish, Buhari is waiting 4 u. Bassketmouth.

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by kurt09(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ok.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by xtivin(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
The news should have been "Fayose passes his 2017 Budget" of course he is the Ekiti Governor and only him is the Ekiti Assembly..Fayose once boasted in one of his election campaign that he doesn't need their vote but He will win.What a man

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Kudos to them.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by Mopolchi: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
This budget better pass Buhari own
Re: Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 by lekpaboy(m): 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
This state self. Always in the news anyway still better than my SOO. my governor attending parties in other states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why / What I told you about Buhari trump visit did you believe,now it's obvious / How FIRS Plans To Realise Its Revenue Target - Babatunde Fowler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.