Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,949 members, 7,845,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

"Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi (25059 Views)

2019: Peter Obi Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Read Details / Kogi Civil Servant's Child Dies Due To Hardship (Video) / High Profile Boko Haram Jihadists,Others Renounce Terrorism Due To Hardship.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by demandtruth: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:
Please the elite should tell the gullible ones That believe
This thrash that it's all lie.

The truth is most of the guys from that end wants to make more money so they are into alot of criminal act

So please don't tribalize it.

is like you are towing the same like of hate the iPod's often display on this forum.

read the message again, then try to fault the lines he emphasize on.

what were the they doing on the highways such that there were 10 or more checkpoint

were they doing their job rightly such that there were smuggle rice

these are pertinent questions; not the people.

4 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by ERockson: 9:36am On Dec 21, 2016
Jakama90:

You are very stupid...

Is that all you have in stock? Stupidity is your trait and it's visible to the blind. Kanu your leader is a typical example and epitome of Stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by donvicky2007: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
Hmm...
Mr. Obi owns Next cash and carry.
Customs is placed there because the South East usually is a point of storage /sale for smuggled products. I am not a tribalist, just speaking them facts my guy.

If the government says you should not bring in a particular product into its borders, and you do but get caught, you don't deserve pity. You deserve punishment. Be law abiding.

If the customs are very effective at all point of entries of our dear country ,there will be no need for them to station at our highways.
What they are doing is putting round pegs in a square hole, they should leave the roads and go back to our borders.

4 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by BabaO2: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2016
'osanyin' The Tribal leader

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by NICENEDU29: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

The truth is most of the guys from that end wants to make more money so they are into alot of criminal act

Monkey, you can never stop fooling yourself all the time. I know you will come here to comment trash simply because it is the South-East that is involved. You have already made up you useless mind to perpetually hate them no matter what.

7 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Guyman02: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2016
In the North here we dont see Customs checkpoints seizing anything because the average Hausa man will dagger you if you dare attempt to confiscate his foodstuff or impound his car.
The several Police checkpoints in the South East is because the Igbo is always in a hurry to get to his destination while a northerner will patiently follow the Police or Custom to their station or refuse to move and dare them to do their worse. Tahts why every Custom or Police wants to be posted to the South

7 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by thompsee(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

u are a fool ,did u or did u not eat a foreign rice last sunday?.am not biased or sentimental but let truth be told. customs should mind d bothers that's all. rubbish. thank u peter obi for being a voice for d voiceless .

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Xano(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2016
Thank you sir for saying so in public. This has been happening for several months now. I first heard of it in September.

I don't mean be put tribe in this, but that's the truth about it. In buses, traders lament as well.
The painful aspect is other tribes don't go through same treatment as the Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by emmaelectelect(m): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

You must be a joke of a person
walk into any transport company and confirm this development, don't just make aspersions

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Guyman02: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2016
2n2k:
Foreign rice is not a prohibited item in Nigeria. You can validly import it through the ports. What then will be the basis for seizure by the customs?

Regarding checking for custom papers of vehicles on inland roads, this is not new and not peculiar to the east. They do check on western states roads too. Infact, they are permanent at Ijebu-jesha (Osun state), Akure near FUTA (ondo state) and after Ifaki (Ekiti state) but surprisingly you won't see custom check point on the 600km stretch of Lokoja - Abuja - Kaduna - Kano road

Customs dont operate in the North, they allow smuggling from Niger and Chad, just like Elrufai said that Fulanis come to Southern Kaduna to kill and maim from various African countries freely and he had to go and pay them to stop instead of asking those countries to extradite them to Nigeria to face trial

8 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by thompsee(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2016
sammuell:
see ur mouthsad
empty brain box
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by kedeojo(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
Hmm...
Mr. Obi owns Next cash and carry.
Customs is placed there because the South East usually is a point of storage /sale for smuggled products. I am not a tribalist, just speaking them facts my guy.

If the government says you should not bring in a particular product into its borders, and you do but get caught, you don't deserve pity. You deserve punishment. Be law abiding.
definetely d truth broda. Why some of them still indulge in all dis dubious act is that you hadly see their fellow ones condemming them cos instead they always find excuse to support. Imagine with d effort of Dora of blessed memory to stamp out fake drugs but his own brothers made attempt to her life. Who knows are sudden ill health was not a man made one self. When it come to business fear them cos most of d businessmen or women are too desperate for money, so they go to any lenght. Nobody or tribe who can't do business but good consience will not allow a lot of others to indulge in fake product knowing fully it can cause death but them dey don't value life and they have no respect to humanity. There should even be a law in Nigeria that when you are caught with fake product that can be harmful to people or to lost of life, it should be a jail term and if some one is dead or permanently disabled then life imprisonment should be meted. That is just d way fake product will be eradicated from the country.

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by mabea: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Adeoba10:
All these top politicians always looking for means to create havoc and disagreement within the masses, yet some people will still believe this lie. How can custom officer seize A bag of rice, or how many bags were given as Christmas gift in our respective offices.... Except if you are carrying a full loaded rice.... But, this Christmas get as e be sha..... No hamattan, no banger, infact some people cant afford Christmas tree, they are using dongoyaro leaves.... Buhari... Contunu
You people are so myopic and hatefilled. What mr obi said is so true because i experienced it some years back, not rice this time but clothes. But some clothes from lagos and was on my way to Abuja, this guys seized my clothes claiming that there are contraband.Stop claiming that Obi is lying when you cannot refute his claim all in the name tribal sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by nonsobaba: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2016
I would have taken this seriously if it hadn't come from peter obi, a thief who looted over 200 billion from my state as governor and evaded tax for 8 years, thereby stealing from federal govt as well.

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by mengho(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2016
fefol please, let's Kalm dawn & diskus dis issue, we should not turn dis tread into a trifal war ground
luk at some of my assessment

North= get plenty terror activities, so soldiers & police don turn it to their personal baracks, so fighter jets, amored tanks & military personal is just another day

East= hot bed of smuggling, so customs & immigration go full dat place nah

P.S I might be wrong though

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by highmood(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

Mr. Try sometimes to conceal your hates and wickedness. What concerns crime to the celebration people are going for? I heard this story but I disregarded until now that I am hearing the story again. Meanwhile come to think of it, what concerns customs and interstates roads that has no connection to borders or sea ports? If the customs are effective as they wants us to believe, they should have confiscated all those banned items at the port of entrances. This shows negligence of duties and officers at those positions should be penalized.
Back to the matter, it is disheartening to subject some group of people to an untold hardship especially this period and for no good reason. What should they feed on when they get to thier destinations? Funny enough, why do you keep oppressing those who God has blessed? Israel is surrounded by haters and enemies but till today Israel is still standing firm and prosperous.

5 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2016
sanandreas:

Thumbs it is annoying. I witnessed over 30 check points from Edo to delta. Whereas over there in North none. That sarki have never travelled from where he lives

I'm telling you!!

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by mabea: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

I was in PH two weeks back and it would interest you to note that there were checkpoints all the way from Enugu down to PH. Papers and all were asked and the car was thoroughly searched. I'm sure they would have confiscated what was believed to have been smuggled. And yes, there were vehicles that were confiscated on the road because they carried certain items. Peter Obi should not play the victim mentality just so he could tribalize this. It's on almost every road at this period.
Mr wise does it make it right?

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by willibounce1(m): 9:57am On Dec 21, 2016
So Nigerian custom is stopping cars to check for bag of rice to seize? I dey laff....kikikikiki

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Uncletony(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

MMM that collapsed is really showing on some people
Some times i wonder what is in there inside ur skull!..

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:07am On Dec 21, 2016
At singa market and kofaruwa kano, foreign rice is being sold openly in the market, l think custom should concentrate on those areas and leave innocent consumers alone.

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by JimiOgunlola: 10:12am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

Olayemi Omidina my brother, why do you enjoy injustice when meted out to other but cry when meted out to you?
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by JimiOgunlola: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2016
2n2k:
Foreign rice is not a prohibited item in Nigeria. You can validly import it through the ports. What then will be the basis for seizure by the customs?

Regarding checking for custom papers of vehicles on inland roads, this is not new and not peculiar to the east. They do check on western states roads too. Infact, they are permanent at Ijebu-jesha (Osun state), Akure near FUTA (ondo state) and after Ifaki (Ekiti state) but surprisingly you won't see custom check point on the 600km stretch of Lokoja - Abuja - Kaduna - Kano road

We yoruba muslims like me ans sarrki believe that only the yorubas and Iboes deserves to have customs on the highway but hausa/fulani travellers should not disturbed because they are our masters in one nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2016
babajero:
I don't blame you, I blame your parents that are still feeding you, they should let you feed your self for one month, so that you will know what life is talking about.

I feel so sad for you. People like you are why Nigeria will always remain a third world country. I feed my own family you fool and wonder why you will think that moving contraband goods is a legitimate business. Your father should have worn a condom

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by JimiOgunlola: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2016
greatiyk4u:

and you believed that trash? I travelled with 2 bags of foreign rice from Lagos to Enugu last week and no custom confiscated any at their check points

he is only appealing to our emotions

My yoruba muslim brother stop deceiving yaself. grin

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2016
kedeojo:
yes it is so cos smuggled fake product is much higher on that route to be sold to others just because of the greed and wicked attitude some of your igbo brothers engaged on. Even we in south south you people claim to be our brothers, we are not left out by d neferious act. D only tribe I appericiate when it comes to business is just the northerners. They are sincere to certain level. So don't complain about that if it true cos until you good ones keep preaching the gospel to others who has be given you people bad name since long time ago change their dubious ways, if not I fully support d custom in all this. Your brothers have sent a lot of people to their early grave thru fake products ranging from drugs, food items and so on.

Zombie, there is Arms struggle going on In Northern Nigeria but Nobody speaks about it cos folks like u are addicted to any news that has to do with South east..

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2016
Elchappo:
Sincerely something needs to be done..

I traveled to Abuja last 2 weeks nd I can say there was no notice of customs personnel on the road but if u re traveling to the east, u will wonder between police nd custom whose job is it to check vehicle particulars, search cars nd check for criminals on the high way...

The reason is that those travelling those routes are known with their way if life.......so, they needed to be checked-mate.

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by JimiOgunlola: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

I was in PH two weeks back and it would interest you to note that there were checkpoints all the way from Enugu down to PH. Papers and all were asked and the car was thoroughly searched. I'm sure they would have confiscated what was believed to have been smuggled. And yes, there were vehicles that were confiscated on the road because they carried certain items. Peter Obi should not play the victim mentality just so he could tribalize this. It's on almost every road at this period.

Oga but you are yoruba muslim like me according to your post history, why do you want to deceive people with ya lies. grin

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Sanchez01: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

Oga but you are yoruba muslim like me according to your post history, why do you want to deceive people with ya lies. grin
Really? Funny grin grin grin

You just might have to dig deeper to find out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2016
overall90:

mr man,have you travelled on this route to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of this claim b4 spewing this rubbish or you think everything is about PDP vs APC.
not just customs,the number of police checks,sars,jtf,highway patrol,army and all manner of check points on se/ss roads is disheartening.

dont mind the ignoramus. The kind intimidation person the witness for eastern highways is alarming. Just today at umuekia (enugu-ph road-abia section) while on my way home from campus, a military officer threatened in his own words to ,"waste " the driver of our vehicle and we passengers because our driver didn't stop quickly. He said that killing the 30 of us would mean nothing to him ,as a military operation was ongoing. last month those near isialangwa junction shot dead a driver who didn't stop to pay respect. sometime this year, the military men at isialangwa shot dead a native guy whom they used to collect bribe from motorists - the guy was caught when their oga paid them an impromptu visit.They denied him, termed him an armed robbery and subsequently shot him on the spot. this few I know of because I ply that road regularly only God knows what is happening at other roads with checkpoints.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delta PDP Chairman, Youths, Beat Up Former PDP National Chairman's Wife / Community Chases INEC Officials In Niger / Flood Covers Juji Bridge In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.