Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta (548 Views)

Dino Melaye: Kogi CJ Orders Police To Move Senator To Abuja National Hospital / Court Ruling On IPOB As Terrorist Group Denigration Of Judiciary - Ohaneze Says / Excited Youths Parade "Customized" Cow To Celebrate Buhari's Return. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta by samstradam: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2016
Please read

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri ABUJA—
The Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, has maintained that recent clampdown on Judges made 2016 a gloomy year for the Judiciary.
According to him, ‘’other than thanking God for sparing our lives, there is, indeed, not much to celebrate.”
Justice Auta stated this in a speech he presented at the end of year/ retirement and merit award ceremony the High Court held in Abuja on Monday.
He said unlike previous years, the court resorted to having a low-key ceremony to mark the end of the year, in view of recent developments in the court and the judiciary. The CJ, however, implored Judges across the federation to rise to the occasion and ensure that the independence of the judiciary was not traded for harassment and intimidation.
Insisting that Judges were being unnecessarily harassed, including gathering of rented-crowds to protest against valid court rulings, Justice Auta said he had the hope that someday, “our society and people will realise the extent of destruction that they have done to the system”.
He said: “One happy thing though is that only those who have lost their cases in court are the ones complaining. There is therefore the greater need for the Judiciary all over the country to strengthen its information services so as to help the helpless judicial officers and the courts.
”This is apt because the moment the independence of the judiciary is completely eroded and judges are no longer courageous to dispense justice without fear or favour, then the society is doomed.
”We must ensure that we protect that which the constitution has given us and insist that the business of governance is done in accordance with the law.
”The Judiciary and indeed the Federal High Court must continue to take credit for the success of the last election and the peaceful transition to the new government.
”It does not matter whether it is appreciated by other dramatis personae but I am sure that I am clearly understood by all stakeholders in the Nigeria Project.

”I, therefore, urge you not to be shaken in your resolve to build a strong and dependable judiciary whose pronouncements will be appreciated by all who go through the portals of our justice administration system.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/judiciary-2016-theres-nothing-celebrate-justice-auta/
Re: Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta by samstradam: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2016
I agree with the so called “Honourable” CJ of the FHC that there is nothing to celebrate- but not for the ridiculous reasons he has given. In fact reading his comments has made me so incensed but has clearly allowed me to see we are in serious trouble in this country and it will take Herculean effort to get us to get to where most sane and civilised societies in this world are at present.

Simply put the man’s sole complaint and argument seems to be they should not be harassed and allowed, like the “Lords” they are, to do whatever they want . The masses don’t have the right to peacefully protest their decisions, the executive don’t have the right to enforce our laws on them- they are the “untouchables”, the only arm of government in a civilised society who should not be subjected to any form of checks/balances and this benefits democracy.

One would have expected that the “Honourable” CJ would be more worried about how their reputation has been sullied by his fellow cult members in cloaks. How a supposedly literate Supreme Court Justice can have 4 valid international passports and claim to have signed an evidence form without knowingly understanding the implications of what he was signing. How this same man cannot be seen as a flight risk by his fellow cult member and granted bail. How his Justices have been collecting bulk allowances in cash- with no paper trail. How Abang is being ridiculed by his peers for not allowing the basic condition of ”fair hearing” which even village people are aware of. Or even how the executive feels no need to honour their utterances and orders seeing them as a compromised bunch of nitwits.

Long story cut short, these are the kind of developments I would expect a Public Servant to be more worried about and not that they are facing mere intimidation which every Nigerian faces in every aspect of our life. I put it to the “dishonourable” Chief Judge that no one can force any of them to give judgements that they are not comfortable with. I as a “bloody civilian” have been faced with police, army, lastma intimidation severally and no one has ever forced me to do let alone sign anything I would not agree with. Let the man resign and give us peace if he knows he cannot bear initimidation and is not bold enough to hold the scale and wield the sword without being a respecter of men
Re: Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta by samstradam: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2016
”The Judiciary and indeed the Federal High Court must continue to take credit for the success of the last election and the peaceful transition to the new government.
”It does not matter whether it is appreciated by other dramatis personae but I am sure that I am clearly understood by all stakeholders in the Nigeria Project.

And as for this threat- we all understand what you mean sir. We understand what you are telling your cult members. Yes, you people are the true kingmakers- you make and remove presidents. Shebi na you people give Amechi an election wey he no even de on ballot sheet for- a first in the world. Shebi na you people give Odili the immunity only the Almighty enjoys.

Please next time- exercise your discretion and forget about justice; cancel an election that reflects the will of the people and put a stooge that will not disturb you in place. At least I can guarantee you that my brethren in the West will show you how we got the name the wild wild west.
Re: Judiciary In 2016: There’s Nothing To Celebrate — CJ Auta by samstradam: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2016

(1) (Reply)

The Welcome Party For James Ibori / Slavery, Hunger, Chaos Southern Kaduna / President Buhari Watching News About Nigeria While Allegedly On Vacation In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.