Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration Service (607 Views)

Native Doctor Offers 'Solution' To End The Rate Of Corruption In Nigeria. Photo / "There Is No Corruption In Buhari's Government" - Osinbajo / Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption In The Nigerian Immigration Service by chiefoluigwe(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
This is a big problem in the country. If corruption here can be tackled, things may actually start looking up for this country.

My ePassport has expired and i decided to renew it and the hell i have been going through can only be understood by God. I paid N30,000 to an officer there thinking it was the normal fee and that i'd have to tip him or sort him later, only to discover that it actually costs N17,500, the foolish officer abandoned me after collecting my money and for more than 3 weeks, i have been trying to get my passport. Apparently, nationwide the booklet for the passport has finished and there is a serious backlog of applicants waiting to collect their passports. I have been going to their office at ikeja everyday since monday just for one passport and nothing. While waiting in line today, a discussion about the whole situation started and i discovered that my own case isn't even that bad, someone paid N45,000 for his passport, another paid N52,000(they were supposed to collect it on the same day) and they have both been waiting since middle of November for their passports. This is really bad. Did anyone expeirence this and please how did you get your passport? i'm going to miss a deadline because of their foolishness

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Letters Given To All Pensioners In Imo State To Sign / Ralph Uwazuruike: A 21st Century Con Artiste? / How Do I Contact Enugu State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.