Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) (63412 Views)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Customs Intercept Dangote’s Trucks Conveying 360 Smuggled Rice In Sokoto / How Much Is The Price Of Rice In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by KiNiBiGd: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
emeijeh:
All these plastic rice manufacturers....
I pray this be your portion.

But these people escaped the accident...
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
That is the result a nitwit president will get when his government,without providing logistics for local production,keeps banning what Nigeria don't produce.He will only give room for desperate smugglers to be importing substandard products.

if government can't provide logistics for local production. that shows there is a room for you to exploit and make it. stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by niggi4life(m): 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
That is the result a nitwit president will get when his government,without providing logistics for local production,keeps banning what Nigeria don't produce.He will only give room for desperate smugglers to be importing substandard products.
you are really so dumb and naive that you don't know that the essence of most ban by the govt is to allow local produce dominate the country.
According to a fellow NLdander, have u heard about lake rice(Lagos and Kebi Rice) i am sure you haven't that's why u opened your gutter mouth and spilled trash

When OBJ was the president, did u remember how much he told u the Fed Govt was spending to import tooth pick? U should think about that first whenever u bring out a tooth pick to clean ur dirty tooth undecided

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by MartinsIfeco(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
intruder15:

LMAO... u funny o.
but rubber rice is sweet naaah
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by back2sender: 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lordsocrates:
Yes oo, our developing brodas hv finished developing oda peoples lands, now dey want to develop the stomach.

how people hv the mind to sell counterfeit drugs n plastic rice still shocks me... what is really this money ? what

Ask Biafra republic people ooo

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
Is that the reason why your brothers must be smuggling poison? Keep the names calling rolling. If president bans an agricultural product, right thinking people should know that the President is trying to create jobs and opportunities. And not to indulge in smuggling poison. What happens to smuggling the real product if you must smuggle at all cost? Why go for poison? Yes of course, huge profits is the sole reason.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by MartinsIfeco(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
I have eaten one rice that taste like a rubber in my mouth.Is that the rubber rice?And what is the material that is use to manufacture it?
I tot it wud be canned rice self don't know it's rubber rice.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
niggi4life:
you are really so dumb and naive that you don't know that the essence of most ban by the govt is to allow local produce dominate the country.
According to a fellow NLdander, have u heard about lake rice(Lagos and Kebi Rice) i am sure you haven't that's why u opened your gutter mouth and spilled trash

When OBJ was the president, did u remember how much he told u the Fed Govt was spending to import tooth pick? U should think about that first whenever u bring out a tooth pick to clean ur dirty tooth undecided
That guy called Cumshot is so dumb. Rice is a biannual crop, we don't need more than a year or two years to attain self sufficiency if people really want to take the advantage of this current ban on importation of rice. And here he is, running his mouth like tap water.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by demolaxl(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Ehinmola(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
How did plastic rice enter nigeria? The same custom officials that discovered it knows the source. The plastic rice did not fly into nigeria just like that, customs officials are involve in smuggling actvities The nigeria boarder is very porous. Let the customs official do proper policing at the boarder
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
we all hear of the plastic rice but what is the ministry of information, NOA doing to enlighten the general public on how to safeguard themselves from falling victims of this rice..

Also how does the rice looks like,taste, its color when cooked etc should be the major concern.. This awareness will help the gullible Nigerians,uneducated folks..

Radio,television, social media, newspaper should have been used to informed the populace..

the dangers of consuming this useless plastic rice is my major concern now..

may God help us in this country..
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Peter Obi and the igbo folks won't see that this was impounded at ikeja not at the border before they give everything ethnic coloration and bias.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
i think u shud applaud dem for noticing such rice ..do u knw hw long nigerians have been consumin dis rice bfore its been noticed ??
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by muri4mig(m): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
You will one day blame PMB for your coming to the world if care is not taking.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by lereinter(m): 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
are all " tomato best " packed rice plastic rice
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by curvilicious: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
Customs can lie! angry

I don't know why i don't believe anybody in this govt anymore cry
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by curvilicious: 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
Maybe its an igbo man that impersonation tomato rice and they chose to spoil his business this Christmas
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by emeka2847: 1:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Can't they arrest those importing these bags of rice? Instead they're arresting the bags
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by billyG(m): 2:20am On Dec 22, 2016
those Igbo pple no go kill us 4 9ja ooo!
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by lukency(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2016
comshots:
I have eaten one rice that taste like a rubber in my mouth.Is that the rubber rice?And what is the material that is use to manufacture it?
potassium hydrobradeski(PH450DZ)
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ramatintin(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2016
sixtuschimere:
Nigerians have been advised to be vigilant of the activities of smugglers at this yuletide season as all kinds of consumable are being smuggled into the country.

Controller incharge of Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’ Ikeja Lagos, Haruna Mammud, gave this advice during a press briefing on the seizure of suspected Plastic Rice by Officers of the Unit.

He said, “Today am happy to tell you that after our last week press briefing, we intensified our operations in search of the alleged “plastic rice” and with the support of some patriotic Nigerians most especially a member of the forth estate of the realm, we were able to locate where this rice were stored for distribution to the public as yuletide gift”.

“As I speak with you, we have successfully evacuated 102 bags of 25 kg branded Best Tomato Rice has no NAFDAC Batch Number and manufacture/expiring dates. Preliminary analysis on the rice after boiling shows that the rice is sticky and plastic in nature. We are still investigating to ascertain how many of this rice has been circulated and how best to retrieve it in order to protect and safeguard the health of Nigerians and to bring those behind it to book”.

Compt. Haruna praised the commitment and diligence of the officers and men of the FOU ‘A’ for living up to their responsibilities. He also appreciated well-meaning Nigerians who provided timely information that led to this discovery and seizure.

He advised economic saboteurs who see yuletide season as peak period for their nefarious acts to desist from such illegal business as the Unit has devised other operational modalities that will make them run for their monies and count their loses.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/officers-of-fou-intercepts-suspected.html
custom official go still smuggle dis rice enta dia home this season
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by cherieb2(f): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Hope it's not all best rice brand that is rubber cos I was given this yesterday. When I saw this thread I had to check for Nafdac Reg. No....which I didn't see though

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by successity5(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2016
Beremx:
I know the plastic rice is real,but i refuse to believe the custom guys. They should have showed us a video of them cooking the "tomato brand rice" as it turned to plastic rice.

Customs people sef....
what did customs people do,they have informed u, if u like believe if u like dont
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2016
custom nd police ar d most corrupt nd untrustworthy organization in Nigeria, dey have corrected money frm one marketer like dat nd seized anoda one goods,is care is not taking dia boss daughter want to do traditional wedding so it can be used

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
eflintsone:
i think u shud applaud dem for noticing such rice ..do u knw hw long nigerians have been consumin dis rice bfore its been noticed ??
Dont we have nafdac and SON whose responsibility is to checkmate substandard goods?
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
niggi4life:

where is the lake rice planted in lagos?I DONT MEAN PACKED in sack.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Fabulosdave01:

Have you heard of lake rice? I don't like buhari but he is making efforts to create jobs by planking us produce rice. Rome was not built in a day.
4,000,000 job loss and still counting under him.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
comshots:
Dont we have nafdac and SON whose responsibility is to checkmate substandard goods?
it was noticed by dem bro
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
lukency:
potassium hydrobradeski(PH450DZ)
Break the grammar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / What Is The Full Meaning Of POS? See Hilarious Answers / Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.