Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison (1286 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Shortly After His Release From Prison (throwback) / Abia Residents Celebrate After Ikpeazu's Victory Over Uchechukwu Ogah / Ayiri Emami Celebrates Ibori's Release With Friends In Warri. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by fretnot(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Ancient Asaba town and its environs were literally paralysed on Wednesday in jubilation, following news of the release of ex-Governor of Delta State, James Onanefe Ibori.

The news of his release from London prison where he had served jail term for money laundering and other offences filtered into Asaba and its environs in the early hours.

Various Quarters’ residents, especially Asaba youths, rolled out their drums to celebrate the man they described as “Odidigborigbo.”

The youths sang Asaba-Ibo songs along Nnebisi Road, Summit Junction, Okpanam Road and Anwai Road where they danced freely to drumbeats, causing serious traffic gridlock.

Security agents and the popular Ogbeogonogo Market Women were not left out in the jubilation.

The State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Barr. Peter Mrakpor, who spoke to journalists in Asaba, described Ibori’s release as a welcome development; adding that his contributions to nation building cannot be overemphasised.

Advertisement

“I’m particularly grateful and hope that the Federal Government would grant him state pardon,” Egodike said.

One of the market women, Mrs. Esther Nnamdi, said: “We are grateful to God for his mercies. Ibori is a man and a great man, we are very happy for him”.

In Government House and offices, civil servants and government appointees told stories of how Ibori developed the state.

Palmer Osakwe, a civil servant, told our reporter, “Ibori is a great man; he developed the state. Indeed, we want him pardoned by the Federal Government.”

A lawyer in Asaba, Barr. Lawrence Egodike, also appealed to Federal Government to grant the former governor state pardon, adding that the ex-governor contributed immensely to the development of the state.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/235014/delta-residents-celebrate-iboris-release-london-prison
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Haniel18: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Welcoming a retired thief.
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Solowande(m): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
When d prodigal son return home, him papa nor welcome am? Abeg chief Ibori u are welcome back home.
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by angeltolly(f): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Watch as he will come and contest for Senate come 2019 sad

I learnt from that Indian film "players" that.....

Thieves don't retire
tongue
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
Delta resident indeed... Am a deltan but I don't celebrate corruption

1 Like

Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nigerians are good at celebrating criminals.

1 Like

Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Zendinho(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Fayose + Wike + Ibori =.........
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Agimor(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
The Odirigbogbo one of Africa welcome back Sir.
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Chrisx1x(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nyerhovwo101:
Delta resident indeed... Am a deltan but I don't celebrate corruption
Hypocrisy.show me one nigerian politician that is not corrupt.ibori is the national leader of the urhobo nation so we are happy that he is free
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chrisx1x:
Hypocrisy.show me one nigerian politician that is not corrupt.ibori is the national leader of the urhobo nation so we are happy that he is free
So because they are all corrupt is enough reason for me to celebrate corruption... I feel for u. And Pls tell me who confer on Ibori national leader of urhobo nation?

1 Like

Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Chrisx1x(m): 12:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Nyerhovwo101:

So because they are all corrupt is enough reason for me to celebrate corruption... I feel for u. And Pls tell me who confer on Ibori national leader of urhobo nation?
you arent making any sense bro.this is the same attitude people like you put on during the last presidential election that brought us to this recession we are currently experiencing now.even if the guy embezzled money,he still remains the best gov that have ever ruled delta state.finally,if you say he isnt the leader of the urhobo nation,can you name any other more prominent urhobo man?
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Chrisx1x:
you arent making any sense bro.this is the same attitude people like you put on during the last presidential election that brought us to this recession we are currently experiencing now.even if the guy embezzled money,he still remains the best gov that have ever ruled delta state.finally,if you say he isnt the leader of the urhobo nation,can you name any other more prominent urhobo man?
am sure u re among d wise men that visited Christ hence u got more sense but ur post lack logical reasoning
I don't care if he loot or not that's not relevant to me but all am saying is I don't celebrate corruption. So If u think u does that's not my cup of tea but am sure at one time or d other u have complain about corrupt official but right now what are u doing? U re celebrating one
U call him d best governor of delta state cheesy Pls tell me in d first place what were they voted to do? Is to go there and transform d state or to sleep in d office? Best governor my foot, what ibori looted alone is more than what he did in delta or do u want us to start enumerating his loot to see d canker worm inside d can?
Since u say I don't make sense Pls tell me who confer on him and when was he d leader of d urhobo nation? Am not among those that hide behind d walls of social media to say things that has no logic .
I would implore u to stop celebrating looters to serve as deterrent to other corrupt officials

2 Likes

Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by iokpebholo: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Haniel18:
Welcoming a retired thief.
and u celebrate thieves who are still in active service
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by Chrisx1x(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Nyerhovwo101:
am sure u re among d wise men that visited Christ hence u got more sense but ur post lack logical reasoning
I don't care if he loot or not that's not relevant to me but all am saying is I don't celebrate corruption. So If u think u does that's not my cup of tea but am sure at one time or d other u have complain about corrupt official but right now what are u doing? U re celebrating one
U call him d best governor of delta state cheesy Pls tell me in d first place what were they voted to do? Is to go there and transform d state or to sleep in d office? Best governor my foot, what ibori looted alone is more than what he did in delta or do u want us to start enumerating his loot to see d canker worm inside d can?
Since u say I don't make sense Pls tell me who confer on him and when was he d leader of d urhobo nation? Am not among those that hide behind d walls of social media to say things that has no logic .
I would implore u to stop celebrating looters to serve as deterrent to other corrupt officials
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by helinues: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
I don't know what to say about people from that region.. Same way they celebrate IB
Re: Delta Residents Celebrate Ibori's Release From Prison by helinues: 10:55am On Dec 22, 2016
id911:

you are very stup1d, is Tinubu not a professional thief? Are you hypocritical afonjas not celebrating him and calling him a jagaban? What is actually the problem of SW people with SE/SS?

Why abusing? did my comment mentioned your name?

A i ti ko ifa nile, ifa ti n se

(1) (Reply)

Police Ban Tuface From Protesting In Lagos / Best Performing Governor By Votes / Why Sowore Must Go To Jail And Saharareporters Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.