Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (87946 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:00am On Apr 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
Creeza hits FP

YeeÚeepeeeeeeyyyyy!!!!!
thanks honey. . I think these mods actually made a mistake.. the story has hit fp twice and thats a hit... back to back grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:06am On Apr 26, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
weldone my man
thank you sir.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:08am On Apr 26, 2017
tunjilomo:
Read from the begining till this moment,found it captivating and unique,a beautiful piece of art,so precious I can't wait to see the end,I take a seat and make buttocks seat and enjoy this.
So WOOOOOOOOOOOW.
PLEASE when is the next update Biko.
comes today and thank you for review smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2017
Creeza:
thanks honey. . I think these mods actually made a mistake.. the story has hit fp twice and thats a hit... back to back grin
The mods did not make a mistake,the story is just too good

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:16am On Apr 26, 2017
queenitee:

The mods did not make a mistake,the story is just too good
Wow! wow ! now I'm screaming like an Ambulance grin thanks dearie
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2017
*continues

cc jagugu88li tunjilomo BlissfulJeff carajewel shakyroh320 queenitee Nnnena

Efua

Izzy concluded and bit her lower lip. Her eyes focused unto Dani's while expectancy glorified her face. "-- So that's what happened. We need your help - your father's influence actually. To ensure Efua gets her service rights back"

I noticed how the duo eyed each other and behaved very awkward . Aunt Vera tapped me surreptitiously, and I nodded.

Nevertheless , we had an issue to tackle but the real story behind my predicament was hidden from Daniel. We had told him that I was framed for theft by a group of crooked individuals for mismanagement of records at the ministry I served. Izzy also told him how the decision to call off my service came from the national level and how a very powerful interference could reverse the issue.. And that was where he comes in to dissolve the situation.

I stood up and smiled to the idea that stroked my mind- requesting help from an undergraduate who spent most of his time grooming his hair and overall health . Dani depicted the image of a real gentleman , the same reason I fancied him as a junior brother ; even at that, I couldn't understand the differences between him and Izzy.

" Thank you Izzy " I said then turned to Dani " Thank you once again for coming on a short notice "

" No problem. lucky for us all , Aduwawa is just an hour drive from Ugbowo and traffic was less"

I turned to Izzy who hid her face by looking away "
" I see there is a little tension between you and Izzy . Well , what ever your differences are , you will find a way to make it up. I've known you for two years and I want to thank you for always being there for Izzy, my little cousin. And I hope you will still do more for us in the future."

Dani nodded reluctantly . I noticed as his well designed T-shirt and jeans trousers screamed " Expensive" while he moved his palms with gesture flagging a rolex wrist watch.

He had arrived in a blue ferrari beast car. The latest model.

" So you heard what Izzy said. I was blackmailed and eventually stripped off my rights to service by a group of men- Two actually - for alleged carelessness and naive handling of company funds and records "

" you mean to say say , If I'm correct, that you threatened to expose these guys and they in turn blackmailed you just to..."

" Just to put me out of their way . Yes " I concluded.

" That is so wicked . Aunt Efua " He said " so the coordinator of the ministry acted without prove and dismissed you just like that. "

" Just like that " I lied again " Now , I know it must be too much of a favor to ask but I also know that your Dad can pull one or two strings if you tell him of my story. All I need is a private investigator, the brutal type , to effectively dig up this case."

He sipped from a glass of juice Izzy gave him . " Okay . That's something he can do and even more"

That's the problem. I narrated why and he shot me a stare of disbelief.

" Why shouldn't we tell him the whole truth? He asked .

" Because he won't believe it . So, that's why you have to do it without his full knowledge. And this is strictly between the four of us here present . you can keep a little secret , can't you?

I smiled while misleading his judgement. " We can trust you right? "

Izzy scoffed and soliloquied mischievously then uttered. " Sure we can "

Aunt Vera cautioned her and bid her to keep her mouth shut. *Keep quiet, with that your useless tongue . When there is a hot pursuit for reasonable people, the goat comes out and says that if it hadn't dodged that it would have been spotted and dragged out. Idiot . Armpit hunter , let me hear your mouth again, you will understand what it means to be a Benin woman * She had said all those in Benin language and Dani didn't understand. Izzy kept mute as if an ice bucket had been poured on her.

"Efua " Aunt Vera called my attention " In as much as I want your problem to be solved on on a low profile. I mean I do, truth me, but don't you think its way better if we involved your father into this ? It's just the four of us and that plan of yours might ... I really think in essence. . . we should just tell your f-a-th-er about it"

Silence closed in on every angle of the room.

" We can't do that and you know why ..Please -ju-s-t keep it the way it is, we can do this on our own..Trust me" I replied hoping she would stick to the initial plan.

Dani cleared his throat " Trust me , Aunt Efua. those guys won't know what hit hem , Beside you are like a big sis to me, why won't I do anything for you.? impossible nah "

" Alright my dear " I said with a spark of joy glazing my internal organs.

" No problem .I'll be on my way now ." He stood and made way for the door . Izzy and I followed while Aunt Vera stayed put.

" Thank you my son " She said emphatically " Omo Ibo , may God bless you for me . Fine boy, Fine like woman " She said smiling.

" Thank you ma. " Daniel turned and grinned , then he became serious " One more thing ."

" What is that ? I asked .

These guys you said their names are Nosakhare and Uyi right?

" yea why ?

I crossed my arms.

" Nothing really. just one of the names ring a bell.

I became more inquisitive " Really?

" Can I have a picture of them or something ? asked Dani.

Aunt Vera shrugged and urged me to show him Nosa and uyi' s pictures. She kept silent and made eye contacts. Her premonitions of doom was in the corner waiting to be unfolded.

I gave Dani my phone " Here" On the screen was a pic of myself and Uyi with Nosa on my left hand side , we had taken the picture the night on which I celebrated my birthday.

" Oh no ! " Daniel said .

" What is it ? Izzy and her mom chorused while I was dumbfounded.

" I said it . I knew he was the same person ? " Daniel shook his head in regret.

In my mind I was hoping dearly that he had defrauded them or something else. I wished so dearly that they were enemies.

" This very one here ? " I pointed to Nosakhare.

" Yes. .He is my cousin . The son of my father's elder sister."

" What ? " Izzy yelled out . she turned immediately and locked eyes wih her mother.

I moved backwards. The entire universe threw cutlasses and daggers at me, the room became smaller ; the walls and furniture angrily forged ahead toward me. I couldn't beleive that the cousin to the man who had ruined my life was right before me and had been with Izzy for over three years.. I became speechless, and here I was angry , angry not because of what Nosa mad Uyi did, but angry that I requested help from the cousin of my enemy and I had nothing else on my mind but intentions of strangulation.

to be continued on Sunday. . .thank you for staying around, will be back on Sunday to continue this great suspense story.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by tunjilomo(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for the mention,I will be waiting for the sunday update,4 days to go.

Let me just say the truth I am falling in love with this story and Efua is going to kill Nosa and Uyi herself.OOOOPS spoiler.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nnnena(f): 3:12am On Apr 27, 2017
ohhhh no Efua should just take it easy na she is doing everything the wrong way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 7:43am On Apr 27, 2017
I like Efua but this is just too much, she should take it easy, Uyi and Nosa are just suspects..

I'm waiting, Sunday please nah,let's just jump over Friday and Saturday. Can't Sunday be tomorrow?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2017
queenitee:
I like Efua but this is just too much, she should take it easy, Uyi and Nosa are just suspects..

I'm waiting, Sunday please nah,let's just jump over Friday and Saturday. Can't Sunday be tomorrow?

Just assume it is tomorrow and communicate Creeza to update sharp sharp

My crush aw far?

jagugu88li how far nah?

where is your green light? grin

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adesina12:

Just assume it is tomorrow and communicate Creeza to update sharp sharp

My crush aw far?

jagugu88li how far nah?

I'm fine, how have you been?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
tunjilomo:
Thanks for the mention,I will be waiting for the sunday update,4 days to go.

Let me just say the truth I am falling in love with this story and Efua is going to kill Nosa and Uyi herself.OOOOPS spoiler.
You are welcome Bro, Sunday is just around the corner ...
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nnnena:
ohhhh no Efua should just take it easy na she is doing everything the wrong way
Efua oya listen to her o! She said you are doing it all wrong cheesy
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
queenitee:

Not many rape victims think straightforward, lipsrsealed
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nnnena(f): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Creeza:
Efua oya listen to her o! She said you are doing it all wrong cheesy
or you should listen and don't make my girl suffer

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by dimssy(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2017
Sunday....oya come fast oo.
Creeza, Sunday at 00:00 abi?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by SPDAZZY(f): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2017
She should tell the truth, they will have greater punishment

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by BlissfulJeff(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
weldone bro.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
dimssy:
Sunday....oya come fast oo. Creeza, Sunday at 00:00 abi?
Well it depends but I'll try all I can.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
Adesina12:

Just assume it is tomorrow and communicate Cr.eeza to update sharp sharp

My crush aw far?

jagugu88li how far nah?

Body dey inside cloth my padi. Creeza is cooking good food here.

How body?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
Creeza, creeza, creeza is not Sunday yet abi? Issokay, continue oo.. Lol, How are you?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by tunjilomo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
Waiting................
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
cc queenitee tunjilomo kassybabe jagugu88li dimssy SPDAZZY BlissfulJeff Nnnena

Chapter 11

Izzy

The sound from the cinema hall was intense. It rebounded and rocketed through the airways . Every single soul here present , in physical terms actually , were charmed with the entertainment from the big screen at the slopped end of the theater hall . Everyone except my cousin , Efua.

Her previous encounter wih Dani didn't end so well. She had walked out on him , without uttering a single word . Her eyes had been breaming red with lakes of fire. I had persisted that mom asked Dani out of the apartment immediately . Although he was such a pu*ssy , I still care about his big head.

" Mama do something , before Efua commits murder here. she is unstable at this moment " I had said in Bini dialect while Dani stared in confusion.

Mama had dragged Daniel closer to the main entrance. " Please my son tell me .. How are you related to that man in question ?

" Mama. !" I cut in" that's not what I asked you to do na. there is no time for all those. let him go now "

Daniel was even still hot headed . he explained his history with Nosa but his story was conscise and straight forward.

" ...It so happened afterwards that my grandfather became good friend and business partner to the then Chief of Ovia north East factment. Their relationship was beyond tribal lines and it forged new alliances that would transcend into generations to come. The only way to uphold and strengthen their long time friendship was to get my father's elder sister married , to the chief 's fourth and second surving son . My family's wealth was reputable enough to get the approval of other royal families in the Benin Kingdom. Even the Oba had attended the traditional ceremony . So when..."

I had heard enough and started panting .

" Mama it's okay nah . Oh o Oh . "

"Keep quiet " mom cautioned me.

Mama casually tapped Dani on the shoulder " Okay. I think I remember that event , I was still a spinster then. . I would be so grateful my son " She paused " if you will do anything to still help us . Just anything possible , even though Nosa is an elder relative. "

Dani had given her a nod signifying concurrence.
He had affirmed the fact that it would be difficult but he would try " No problem , I'll do my best . But I think...."

He barely finished his statement when a wooden door from the inner rooms creaked and reported a loud bang in a successive time interval . Dani picked up his steps and disappeared from view just in the nick of time before Efua emerged .

She hadn't come out with a weapon , but her facial expression was worse than any battle artelary.

Days later , Mama convinced Efua to spend some time with me and Kechi . It was meant to get her mind off the problems she faced and make her ponder on what seemed right or wrong in her perspective. The first place we checked out was the glamourious Kada Plaza , and we had come straight into the cinema hall after buying tickets .

It's rather unfortunate that none of the activities in the joy -filled air of Kada Plaza and cinemas* got past Efua's shield of anger and secluded mindset.

" Izzy " Efua called out to me from my right. Kechi sat in between us.

" Yes . " I replied admist the intense sound of the movie.

Efua grabbed her bag " We have to leave . I need to do something crucial "

I protested " But we just got here ."

" Yea . We can't leave now. Not while the movie is at the conflict stage " Kechi added.

A man behind us tried to make Efua stay till the end but he was clueless that he had to try harder if he wished her nutshell broken. The man had a nice hair cut and neatly shaved moustaches. ( I honestly couldnt explain my crush for guys with nice hair styles) .He looked his mid -thirties and everything he had on from clothing to jewelries proved his worth among the elite of the society .

"Why don't you stay a little longer " he said after Efua gave him repeated but different manners of excuse .

Efua turned to me, then back to the man " Thank you for your concern, but movies are the least of my problems right now. I already have a lot of drama happening in my life" she turned back to me and Kechi. A smile forcefully escaped her cheeks , then she said firmly but quietly" stand up , both of you, this minute ,and let's get out of here."

" Okay " Kechi stood up and stared awkwardly at me . She whispered " what's her problem?

" I don't know . Ask her yourself . "

Kechi wouldn't mind asking. She had this inquisitive behavior that always got me thinking if she had had a degree in journalism in her past life .

She followed Efua quietly as she fought deep within her self to understand the events taking place in her surroundings.

When we came down to the first floor , I tried to catch up with Efua's pace . My feet burned from underneath and my flat heeled shoes didn't do me any good either . I was not very comfortable in them and had to take them off occasionally but I wished i could do that here. Who cares anyways, it free world.

I reached for the pair of shoes when a familiar tone danced in my pockets alongside vibrations. I took out my mobile instead of the shoes and slided the screen to recieve.

" Yea ? I said reluctantly while Efua and Kechi pierced me with firm convictions.

I turned rightwards to behold a group of love- bird individuals. Each with his or her partner gibbering what was only meaningful and audible to them . Some plugged elctric extensions to wall sockets, plugged in their phones and relaxed like their fathers owned the entire Benin City.

I listened to the caller on the other end before making a conclusion. " No, we are somewhere else . . . Ok . I will tell her , ... but ... No she hasn't. " I fixed my eye on Efua who was at the edge of her seat with anticipation . " She is not .. I will do just that ...Alright, we ll be there in thirty minutes."

Efua was the first to break silence when I cut the phone line " Who was that? Aunt Vera ? "

I couldn't say it out. How am I supposed to tell her that Daniel had booked her an appointment with a therapist . ? How would I tell her she needed moral help and not revenge, given that revenge led her to pain and ruin.

I had to spill out what Efua would rather want to hear " Daniel has requested we come over to his place and .. . "

" And do what ? " Efua said " I thought we agreed on not requesting further help from that boy's family.?

her question came softly and soothing to my ears. It was not what I expected.

" And I hope you still remember what happend to me " Efua paused . she looked at Kechi who was probalby confused as to why everything was said in parables . Efua continued turning back to me" well just forget it"

I cleared my throat "Sister I know and I am deeply touched about your predicament but Dani... I mean , he is a good lad- sorry " a security officer touched me and made a gesture signalling " move away from the glass entrance" . We came back few inches into the main hall and I contined " You said so yourself, sister , remember and now we can't back down on what you started "

" Let's just go home " Efua snapped.

" OK . have it your way then " I blasted , forgetting we were out in the public and Efua was my elder sister. " Do you know how awkward it felt to me , convincing Daniel with that story of yours? You have no idea , do you? Because you think you can do it on your own. Just you. You have always been selfish, and you still came running to me from help . Why ? Funny enough, Dani even believed you. " I stopped " You know what? I'm done here ,I can't bear this anymore "

Efua grabbed my arms " don't walk out on me young lady . " The situation is mine, my problem . And I will be the only one to solve it henceforth "

" No . Your problem is my problem . our problem . " I shot back at her.

she became mad.

"Mind how you talk to me , I will slap you if you don't-"

I couldn't a take it " If what ? Sister this is not just about you . I want to help , Dani wanted to help but you blamed him for the crime of a relative. A crime you even lied about. Imagine , you even dragged my mom into this mess, what happend to you Sister Efua? You scare me " I reduced my tempo " honestly . I don't understand you anymore "

Kechi dropped her jaws in awe! Her white teeth brandished the air that romanced them on each corner of the mouth . The more she tried to understand what was happening the farther she went from uncovering the truth . All she knew was that a reality show took place before her eyes.

She dropped a funny statement.

" G-u-y-y-s !" Nkechi uttered ." People are staring at us . Please can we skip this part for rehearsals later. I don't think people would like to buy the movie after this scene"

" Shut up ! Efua and I retorted simultaneously.

Kechi puffed her cheeks. She released air trapped inside both flaps of skin . She bit her lower lip .

" Okay " she said with a signature of shock on her face.

A security officer walked to us. Another dispersed the crowd that had witnessed the whole drama. The first man stood right above our heads with his muscular and 5ft 9 physique.

" Ma'am is there a problem " he asked Efua .
She nodded sideways meaning " no"

" Okay . Please try to resolve what ever issues you have with each other privately. This is a public place and you might not be aware of who is behind the crowd "

Indeed he was right. We had displayed stupidity and I was the worse culprit.

I quickly glanced through the faces at the open space .I went clockwise and "what? - I nearly shouted when I saw a man on blue cap.

I revolved anti clockwise again to be sure I hadn't seen a ghost. I knew it was him. Unfortunately, he had disappeared and my knee buckled .

" Efua " Kechi ' s voice brought me back " let's go please. what is it? what were you staring at? Why the shock on your face?

I fidgeted.

" I saw him. I - I saw Ade "

Nkechi scoffed but didn't say a word. At least that was the little secret we both kept from Efua.

" Who is Ade? Efua asked , almost as if we hadn't fought earlier. I knew she was still mad at me and I would wait for the perfect time to apologise , it had to be a good penace .

" Ade who? " I asked rhetorically " Oh! It's nobody of importance, just a classmate in school "

Kechi gave me that stare. That awkward moment when she knows you are lying and can't help but almost say ' Na so".

Okay let's get to Dani's place before dark. Efua said and waved down a cab while we stood near the highway. I turned back to be sure I had really seen Ade.. I could only see people but none was near resemblance to him.

Efua

I hate feminism with passion. I always wondered up until this moment what made us weak in the society in terms of relationships to the opposite sex. Why we never stood up to gender separatism and degradation? We were the lesser gender but the masculine opposites couldn't control their lustful urge and it always gets them needing us to satisfy that evil desire .

They end up raping or abetting rape ,but never has it been their fault . Not in our society . Instead the blame is basterdized upon the victims for allowing themselves become slaves of circumstances.

What would you say about my case. ? Unlike my one time friend, Amanda, I was neither too loose nor was I sex provocative in my outfits. So where did I go wrong?

I hate feminism. I abhorred masculinity and sitting here in Dani's expensive suit , waiting for the private investigator to arrive increased my heart beat - my expectations were high, I wanted someone strong-willed like my father and not some dumb crime detective- wannabe .

I raised an eyebrow when someone walked into view from the corridor.

to be continued tomorrow. I'm deeply sorry for the delay in update, my phone's *wps* has been misbehaving since morning, when I type, everything wipes everytime I clicked save.. :-(

nevertheless , my beautiful people , it's a new week . Stay blessed. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by tunjilomo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
cc queenitee tunjilomo kassybabe
jagugu88li dimssy SPDAZZY
BlissfulJeff Nnnena.
I just bagged myself a mention,thanks creeza,make ur phone respect itself ooooo.Nice update sha.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
Creeza, I have forgiven you. Tomorrow abi?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
queenitee:
Creeza, I have forgiven you. Tomorrow abi?

Yes, tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by SPDAZZY(f): 9:30am On May 01, 2017
Thanks for the mention. Efua is in a lot of pain

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 9:47am On May 01, 2017
embarassed

Chai, the sweat I'm sweating no be for here.

ROHY where art though my padi? I don't see your sermons anywhere again grin.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2017
jagugu88li:
embarassed

Chai, the sweat I'm sweating no be for here.

ROHY where art though my padi? I don't see your sermons anywhere again grin.
lol

grin for real. Why nah?

Please guys , I'm deeply sorry no update comes today for some reasons that are beyond my power's manipulation... I am sincerely apologising for any inconveniences that my promise had or has caused you . I still remain your one and only inCreezer .

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book) / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.