Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88034 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
Chai! I had said it, I forgot everything. If the character names where Nancy, June, Carol.........now I'm confused again. Efua izegba sound like my moniker sounds to everyone else tongue......hololo.

I'll read tomorrow, infact i will start afresh until I remember the characters. Lost lost lost

Creeza my padi, welcome back bro. You didnt even shout out whilst you where gone embarassed.......person.

Girlhaley lawlahdey, where art though?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adesina12:
Both of them go chop you into pieces wen the time is ripe to lunch their assault shocked
Ayam beginning to be a suspecter of u adesina.u sure say u no folo nosa and uyi do they needful on our rev.sister efua

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
veekid:
Wow nice to have you back buddy, ill read later in the day, being working late in the office these days. plus BBNaija won't allow me refresh this page (bookmarked)
Hope all ur sim cards+family own are giving efe 100votes each
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
jagugu88li:
Chai! I had said it, I forgot everything. If the charecter names where Nancy, June, Carol.........now I'm confused again. Efua izegba sound like my moniker sounds to everyone else tongue......hololo.

I'll read tomorrow, infact i will start afresh until I remember the charecters. Lost lost lost

Creeza my padi, welcome back bro. You didnt even shout out whilst you where gone embarassed.......person.

though?
U even get face/mind to talk say u dn forget all the characters name just because our creeza is not an americana rightjagugu88li my dear,you need shango in your lifetongue
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lankyannie:
U even get face/mind to talk say u dn forget all the characters name just because our creeza is not an americana rightjagugu88li my dear,you need shango in your lifetongue
Choi, see this one. How you come talk say i dey favour Americana, when you know sey Naija na real thing grin tongue. *whispering* if the names where easier.

Who said I cant speak pidgin? Oya, make you carry yourself forward..... lipsrsealed
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by girlhaley(f): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
jagugu88li:
Chai! I had said it, I forgot everything. If the charecter names where Nancy, June, Carol.........now I'm confused again. Efua izegba sound like my moniker sounds to everyone else tongue......hololo.

I'll read tomorrow, infact i will start afresh until I remember the charecters. Lost lost lost

Girlhaley lawlahdey, where art though?

Lol.... Jagugu88li.....my personal person

I was cornered by a mod..... I couldn't comment on literature section

Anyways.... I'm back back back..... Let's ride....

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
jagugu88li:
Choi, see this one. How you come talk say i dey favour Americana, when you know sey Naija na real thing grin tongue. *whispering* if the names where easier.

Who said I cant speak pidgin? Oya, make you carry yourself forward..... lipsrsealed
U fittn't speak 9ja english fa,shebi na this one wey you just speak now?come lemme kukuma re-design your tongue to suit 9ja weather.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 6:44am On Apr 05, 2017
Lankyannie:
Hope all ur sim cards+family own are giving efe 100votes each
yeah #Efenation, but this time around I'm going for real talent, I'm voting for my sister #iambisola. She's the real talent, she can sing and act without stress. Bisola is the real deal, she deserves it
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
veekid:
yeah #Efenation, but this time around I'm going for real talent, I'm voting for my sister #iambisola. She's the real talent, she can sing and act without stress. Bisola is the real deal, she deserves it
Ok oooo,if not for say i heart bisola,i for done hype efe kum your side.i stil stand with efe.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
girlhaley:

Welcome back dear

We missed you dearly tongue

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
girlharley Michelle55 enirock Adesina12 jagugu88li veekid Lankyannie queenitee MozB sunshine46

continues *

Izzy

He followed me endlessly. Even after the classes he still tried to talk to me . I sneaked through the corridors when I saw him talking to his paddies, and lucky me or so I thought.

" holy ..s*hit!!! I was shocked to see him .

" hey Izzy! There is nothing holy about sh*it or piss. God won't be happy if shi*t is holy"

" why are you following me ?

" Nothing. .. I just wanted to ask you a few questions "

" You already said that few hours ago "

" and you said you were in a hurry . So I let you go to where ever was so vital and demanding at that point"

" Quit fu*cking around the bush , Clinton . " I barked and slapped my forehead softly.

Clinton Sigwella , " Clean Thing " as he was fondly called was one of Dani's buddies and he was the geek among them. A south African by birth but has been in Nigeria all his life.The christain boy : see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil.

When you try to make a point , he attacks you with his own ideas which are abstract and so painful. He was such a pronounced nerd . A bookaholic and what you call " jackophite " in uniben.

Seeing him here meant two things. : either he wanted something or he was going to give something and trust me his packages are not cool at all.

" Izzy ? Why do you like fuu*king so much? Now you are even fuc*king in the bush that is meant for wild rodents and ruminants." He replied.

" see! You know what ? " I said and pat him on the shoulders " I don't have time for all this. I'm running late for my date . Ok"

He grabbed my arms when I turned to leave . He looked into my eyes with confidence and I knew something was coming. I hoped it was not going to be stupid. I only tolerated Clinton because of Dani but it was up to my throat already.

" Why do you like taking off so quick like a rocket! I bet you'd make a new record if we measure your speed"

" You think this is funny? Let go of my arm or I'll scream and trust me you won't like it"

He scanned through the faculty block and saw people moving , everyone with his or her business. No one seemed to care .

" Shout ! Scream, even the V.c won't save you . "

" Are you crazy ? " I was shocked " okay what do you want ?

" Why have you been avoiding us?

" who is us?

The question sounded stupid and pointless.

" You know. Dani , me , the boys" he adjusted his eye glasses.

" what makes you think I'd avoid you ? I scoffed and soaked my lower lip with my tongue's saliva.

He brought out his cell phone and I knew exactly who he wanted to call. He must be joking. I escaped his grip swiftly and ran as fast as I could. Everyone that saw me thought I was mad or something.

But think of it. Do I care ? I had a plan. And with everything in place , it was going to work.

I banged at the iron protector for someone to help out. I was a bit tipsy but very sure of what I was doing.

" Are you sure there is someone at home? Ade asked with a low voice.

" Yea " I said with certainty " even if everyone went out.... ah speaking of the devil , here he comes."

My neighbour came out of his room to open the protector. He was a final student and hardly left his room.

The building was a bungalow built with self cons inside and had a gate that overlooked the Streets with a rectangular fence.

After our date that evening, Ade had brought me home and he parked outside the private hostel. He wanted to go back home but I had insisted he stayed for the night, I wanted us to have a little more chat and catch up with each other. I was starting to get fond of him .

I searched my purse for my keys and turned to see Ade surveying the environment . He looked so handsome tonight, I just couldn't get my mind off the fact that I wanted something. I was not sure yet.

" nice place you have here "

" This box ?"

" it's cool "

" come in" I said having gained us entry into my room.

Ade made himself comfortable on the bed . He seemed to be happy but won't say a word about it.

"So what's it you want to talk about? He asked me.

" Tell me more about your personal life " I sat close to him on the bed .

" which part of it ?

"The fun part " I said smiling hopelessly .

He brought his head forward. My heart started to beat very fast , it was strange but the feeling was intense. I had to make it stop. I withdrew a little but Ade grasped my hands.

" my heart is beating fast , Izzy " he said .

" mine too. my stomach is tumbling up and down"

He scoffed and brought me back under his envelope of an embrace .

This wasn't my first time , so why feel so shy? in that moment I felt powerful, I was with a young General , a very rare thing nowadays , but in my room was one and he wanted me so badly even more than I did him.

I took my phone and put it on silent mode.

His lips came forward towards mine . It was sensational and emotional and then...

His phone rang.

"Chief " again.

He drew back from my arms and switched off his phone.

"Who was that ?

" A friend. He is useless at this point . "Ade said " don't let anyone ruin this moment "

He came forward again. This time we were already smooching on the bed and I took off his shirt. I saw marks on his chest and and upper arm, they were whip marks.
certainly .

" He is a soldier , Izzy. What did you expect? " a voice in my head said.

We touched each other at sensible points. He came for my bra and cupped my nippzz in his palm. He untangled the bra's hook from behind while he feasted on my neckline. He goes down to my abdomen and kisses my pubic boundary. He inserted his finger into my... uhhshhshshs. .... I pushed him back a little but somehow allowed him to continue.

He came back up and sucked my tips.. it was so electrifying and then...

The door creaked unexpectedly. Ade stopped and turned round to look at it, he sensed trouble.

" There is someone outside "

" There is no one. It's just the wind " I said and ran my fingers on his chest.

"Are you sure ?

"Yea."

I was not sure but , the present affair was too sweet for me to stop. I was dying to have him inside me.

I moaned softly and subtly when he resumed the romance. I nearly shouted when he started doing magic to me down there with his tongue. I scratched his backbone at every launch he made: Soft , wet and itchy. I felt above the moon. I Felt powerful.

As the sweetness and pain I enjoyed accumulated, I was feeling guilt. Guilty of many things and a tear broke from my eye and caressed my cheek when I thought about Dani. My sweet Daniel.

tBc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2017
Efua

I washed out the dishes I had used for breakfast properly inside the sink and made sure everywhere was in order before turning to leave.

" get your stinking ass out of my way " Rita's voice came as she bumped into me.

I kept quiet and let her pass through. Deep down inside me , I was boiling with anger but the light that made my life meaningful , proved I was more than this rubbish.

After a brief glance at me, she took the cup of water she had come to collect from the kitchen and left , only to stop at the door and heave a long sigh of disgust.

" some people will be claiming holy holy while they are planning on snatching other people's boyfriend. " She said and disappeared out of sight.

Rita who was Nosa's girlfriend now stayed in our apartment even against Mr. Ake's instruction to we occupants not to bring in squatters.

" Oh God , please if it is your will . Let this cup pass me by " I said a short prayer.

I came into the corridor and then to the living room where my bag was. I had to get ready for work and I was late. My phone rang and it was Iziegbe's Mom on the phone.

She was worried and I wondered why Izzy wouldn't pick her mother's call. Probably she was in class. I dialed Izzy's number and she picked after the third ring.

We had a little disagreement after she failed to give an excuse for ignoring her mom.

" You should call your mum . I was on the phone with her. She was worried that you haven't picked her call since last night. Where have you been? Why was your phone on but you didn't pick?

I let the heavens loose on her head with anger, then I calmed down to listen to her explanations....before...

" You went to all night programme in the church, eh? .. No.. ok it's Night class now, not church again...? No. Your phone doesn't ring out again?.. listen to me, Izzy listen and stop lying. Good, call Aunt, call your mom. You are her only daughter and she is worried about you. Don't ever try this rubbish again, are we clear?... are we... ok good"

After that call.. I felt so good. Wheewww!! Didn't know I had it in me to yell out like that.

After a while I grabbed my bag and made it for the door.

I dropped my legs on the table and rested my head against the sofa. It had been a hectic day and I needed a nice warm bath after so much work at the office.

" Hey there! Nosa' s voice woke me up from my slumber.

" Hi"

" So tired? Want a cup of coffee? He said smiling and his intonation was British.

I chuckled a laughter and shook my head. It was funny, why the sudden kindness.

" Effy , don't tell me you don't want my coffee. I am the best coffee maker in town "

I opened my eyes and raised an eyebrow . Effy? That one is new*

" I see!

Nosa laughed and sat next to me . He wrapped his arm round my neck and tried to whisper into my ear.

" Please stop this " I said impulsively.

" I thought we are now frien..."

" Yes we are but don't touch me "

"But yesterday you allowed me hug you . I thought. ."

" yesterday, I was confused but I think it's clear now. We are friends, fine but don't go beyond that "

" okay " he said and rubbed his palm together. He took off his Kharky shirt and fanned himself.

" it's hot in here . " he heaved a sigh . " have you seen Rita around since you came in?"

"Nope "

He tried taking off his vest top. It was too tight so he asked me to help him.

"What? Why? My mind was shattered to pieces.

"Please..." Nosa said with his head bowed down and arms stretched .

He barely finished the statement when Rita came out of nowhere and started shouting..

" Yes ! I said it! I was right. .. boyfriend snatcher !! Woooooo! Asawo !! Olosho !(lovepedler )!. Sister Mary Ko , mother Theresa ni!! I have caught you today. Yes o !

Tbc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks for the mention..
Dem Olosho gng gat me loling

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2017
veekid:
Thanks for the mention.. Dem Olosho gng gat me loling
cheesy yea .. me to bro.. it's savage! !!
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2017
nice piece bro.kip it coming

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice piece bro.kip it coming
thanks jeff
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:12am On Apr 06, 2017
vikkimimi and refiner ... I sight u . Do come back again, and when you deem it worthy, please drop a comment. . wink

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by refiner(f): 10:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Creeza:
vikkimimi and refiner ... I sight u . Do come back again, and when you deem it worthy, please drop a comment. . wink

grin...see as u caught me red handed...i'm thrilled with this story...

Oya dont interrupt me again...come and be going tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2017
refiner:

grin...see as u caught me red handed...i'm thrilled with this story...

Oya dont interrupt me again...come and be going tongue

about time for that , I ll be back later. please make sure you enjoy the story and skip any part you think is boring.. tongue just saying tho!
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2017
girlhaley:

Chai........hagahahahaha I knew you were cornered grin. Badt geh. Welcome back!!
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks for the mention creez.this izzy gurl is really confusing me,did she do daddy and mummy thing with adeas for nosa,na badoo style im wn take see our sister efua's red panties.may God help us ooo

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
Lankyannie:
Thanks for the mention creez.this izzy gurl is really confusing me,did she do daddy and mummy thing with adeas for nosa,na badoo style im wn take see our sister efua's red panties.may God help us ooo
it will be clear very soon
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lankyannie and Saraphina , kpagogin and Adesina12 ( the sweet popcorn provider ) grin

Chapter 8

Efua

"well you heard me? Rita asked again for the umpteenth time.

Nosa and myself stared blankly into her face. She fumed with anger and storm.

" Please it's not what you think "

"why are you explaining to her ?

" Why won't she ,eh Nosa ? Rita barked.

I got up to walk away . It was too much for me to handle, the shame of being on the receiving end weighed me down. it caught me right up in the neck and I wished I could let it all out in words. Instead I chose to be a good christain and walk away from temptation.

" I can't take this , please count me out of any rubbish that's about to happen here" I said

I grabbed my bag and stood up.

" Effy, wait ...!

"Please Nosa , Stop calling me Effy. It's Efua ..." I paused " don't you understand? this whole mess is your fault, sorry to say but you knew the rules against bringing in your lover to stay here with us and it's consequences but yet still , you broke the law. Now trust me , I've been quiet for the sake of peace but Uyi has a better reason to kick her out. I'm sorry Rita, " I turned to her direction " I don't know what you think but this thing... this EffyNozzy thing,it's not real and I don't care about RitzNozy too or whateve...."

Rita slapped me and I felt the pain on the reverse side of my cheek.

Nosakhare was silent and he only scratched his head once or twice before he stood up.

" Hey ! stop now "

He pulled Rita back.

" we ve had enough drama ok . Rita stop it "

I raised my index finger up and proclaimed , "The God I serve is a merciful God. I'll have mercy on you for this , and hope he will forgive me for the evil in my heart and all that I wished I could do to you "

" Haha! so you can plan evil in your heart ?

" Keep quiet ! " Nosa said.

I had other things to do. I wished I could tear her throat apart and feed the tongue to vultures,while I watch her bleed to death. No . That was evil .

I realised my birthday was two days upfront . I'd better use up my energy for something else. Even a little celebration won't hurt . just a little party.

" where are you going ? Nosa asked very concerned

" To eat lunch " I said as I walked out " and do something worthwhile than this rubbish "

" well . Me too. I have a package to prepare for somebody , I should get busy "

" What ? you guys are leaving me here ? Rita screamed .

As I searched for my keys to open my door, I heard Uyi come in from the main entrance.

" Hello ! bring it down ok. Don't shout like a lunatic "

His footsteps stopped and he touched something before he continued

"Nosa please get this dog out of here or I'll throw her out myself "

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Missmossy(f): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
You didn't ask of me Creeza well done ooo. Even after you continued your story keep it up sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Queenitee and refiner , jagugu88li and veekid smiley

Izzy

I raked my fingers through my hair, it was dry and my life was not too smooth either . The feeling that my cousin was soon to know what I'd been up to lately and how many times I'd skip classes .

" Who is going to tell her ? Not Kechi , that's for sure "

" What did you say ? Kechi asked me while she combed her hair.

" Nothing "

" Who just called you ?

" my Big sis " I replied scratching my head in confusion.

" Why the long face ?

Kechi paused and stared awkwardly at me. That was the face she gave when my eyes were glittering and my skin became pale.

" You re doing it again "

" I can't help it " I said " It comes whenever I'm very troubled "

" I see "

I stood up and opened the door, I looked down the corridor ,all the way to the end of the hall. My neighbours were all in and the environment was lively. Music, noise and gossips.

I returned to the bed and sat with a blue throw pillow on my laps. " I've really screwed up , Nkechi. "

I wanted to tell her what had happened between me and Ade but it was too late. the deed had been done . Rather ,I put it out in an open conversation pattern "

Kechi what happens when you want two toys, You become so mad about the new one that you threw away the old trusty- goody, but then, you tried the new one and it's no better than the one you had before?"

" simply throw it away and pick up the old one . "

"it's not easy at this point " I said

Nkechi left the dressing mirror and paced the room on her high heels, cat walking to melodies that only she could hear in her head.

" Then let me have the old toy while you search for a new.."

She was interrupted by our hostel mate who entered the room.

" Izzy and Kechi .. fine girls .na wa o.. I hail sha!

" what do you want ,Fejiro ? I asked blankly.

" abeg una cook beans?

I dae perceive aroma here "

" no be only beans " Kechi interrupted " You for kuku bring your balls mae I cook for you . Ozuo ! ifu Ka odi, abia n'oriri nwa oha amalie ( Look at him . Where ever there is food, that's where you will be)

in that moment , It became clear. Either wait for things to get worse or take the bull by the head and end the problem myself.

I got up from the bed and put on my shoes . quickly combed my hair and powdered my face. " Excuse me Fejiro . Let me pass through ."

" Where are you going ? Kechi asked

" I have to see Dani. I need him now"

Tbc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Missmossy:
You didn't ask of me Creeza well done ooo. Even after you continued your story keep it up sad
Sorry miss... awww .. how is you ? I missed you like kilode! please forgive my ignorance.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by saraphina(f): 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
creeza baba I hail u ..I'm so honoured being worthy of ur dedicated work to my humble self..

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
saraphina:
creeza baba I hail u ..I'm so honoured being worthy of ur dedicated work to my humble self..
You are so welcome. There won't be Cree.za if it weren't for you guys and You wink especially.

nnenna smiley it's been a while . welcome back

queenitee I see you dearie wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Creeza:
You are so welcome. There won't be Cree.za if it weren't for you guys and You wink especially.

nnenna smiley it's been a while . welcome back

queenitee I see you dearie wink
Ahn ahn,I'm here

I'm sha saying this EffyNozzy nice combo
Izzy wetin dey do you?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by refiner(f): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Thanks for d mention... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.