Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (87917 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2017
refiner:
Thanks for d mention... cheesy
...and now i have come full force
Done reading. Dancing kukere!!

So Rita believes shes the "it girl" for NOsa. Poor thing. Nosa subconsciously has a crush on Efua, efua doesnt know that she'll either give in to Nosa sooner or later and Eyi is a loving crushing brother.

Izzy......yua own tire me finish. Na wa oo

Ketchi my ketchi......you qualify as a comidian.

Dupeolarex.....what do you think? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
jagugu88li:
...and now i have come full force
Done reading. Dancing kukere!!

So Rita believes shes the "it girl" for NOsa. Poor thing. Nosa subconsciously has a crush on Efua, efua doesnt know that she'll either give in to Nosa sooner or later and Eyi is a loving crushing brother.

Izzy......yua own tire me finish. Na wa oo

Ketchi my ketchi......you qualify as a comidian.

Dupeolarex.....what do you think? cheesy

full force indeed! Jagugu sweet. smiley
i always smile to ur comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by CaraJewel(f): 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
efua apply wisdom...don't think nosa was the one who raped her tho..tnx for d mention creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by CaraJewel(f): 12:08am On Apr 09, 2017
ROYH:
Hehehehe, it seems being a bad boy is the best because good girls do fall *madly* inlove with total badass boy but unfortunately for me, Falz is the bad guy, olamide is the baddo while davido is the baddest.
I go kuku ma turn badersky angry angry grin
I don finally reach here oh, so creeza, come continue biko, i see my homeis in the house, na postrate i they postrate oh jagugu88li wink
Meanwhile , you're to read and drop comment oh miss carajewel. *you're looking dope though* tongue
Mr.dani your Izzy has cheated on you.see why I can't be *#easy#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by ROYH(m): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2017
CaraJewel:
Mr.dani your Izzy has cheated on you.see why I can't be *#easy#
hmm, Dani Is Just A Character Na, Not In Reality@ The Bolded, Beside I'm Not Dani And At The First Coloured , Thank God It Was In The Past, You're The Present, You Cannot Do Me Bad Because You CANT@the Last bolded coloured grin cheesy ,you're far more better and smarter than that, i trust you to use your head+heart , not just HEART alone which izzy above used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by CaraJewel(f): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2017
ROYH:
hmm, Dani Is Just A Character Na, Not In Reality@ The Bolded, Beside I'm Not Dani And At The First Coloured , Thank God It Was In The Past, You're The Present, You Cannot Do Me Bad Because You CANT@the Last bolded coloured grin cheesy ,you're far more better and smarter than that, i trust you to use your head+heart , not just HEART alone which izzy above used.
alljoin

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2017
Michelle55 royh CaraJewel saraphina jagugu88li queenitee dimssy enirock Lankyannie harameede99 MozB veekid Adesina12 shakyroh320 ( longest time) smiley refiner and all others
good morning and wishing you a happy week ahead.

updated ..
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2017
continues**

Izzy

" Chai !! Five F9's . Five of it, you didn't even leave any for your co-blockheads. "

Iya Ibikun scolded IBK when I passed by her Boli stand in Ekosodin. Her voice made me stop for a while, I listened but didn't interrupt. Any time she yelled out,there was trouble.

" Mummy , I have two teachers o"

" Ehen, so what does two teachers have to do with five failures. "

" One likes me, the other one does not . So when our report card come out --"

" the one that liked you gave you an A in Edo language , chai ,A in Bini : a language that we don't even speak. Ok o " Mummy Ibk continued while flipping the report card pages. " the one that hates you then gave you five big F's with equal nines abi?

" I passed English o , Mummy see nah . I got D' IBK tried to cheer up his mother .

People passed by, some even laughed to the joke yet some ignored them. I just stood silent,and listened.

The poor woman was tired of her son's nonchalant attitude towards education. If she had been my mom, I wondered what she would have said in in a situation like this.

After a while , I walked away with a blank smile when she replied Ibk who tried to prove his intelligence.

" Yes. You are too brilliant and its very obvious , you came Third position . Third from the back actually , 49 out of 51... " she opened her eyes " I'm so proud of you ..oya take the result and get out as my sight. idiot"

I would come back for that . later.

I had left the hostel in a rush but that litte incident made me reduce tempo.

I boarded a shuttle which was going towards the school's main gate and I was not relaxed at all.

" Please can you adjust ? I asked the man seating on my right side.

He didn't reply , instead he looked blankly at me. I had to endure his pouring ocean of sweat.

" Oh dear , should have taken a cab. which kind of wahala is this?

I tried to escape the moment by brainstorming, * what would I say to him. How would I keep my tongue to utter it. Will I have to kneel down to say " Dani please im sorry.. for ignoring your calls, I've been busy hating you . but Now I miss you ?'

No that's stupid, Izzy. don't say that.

Then my phone rang. Great . I thought ,who could this one be now?

I barely slided the green pick up button when the man sweating hit me and also the phone off my hands.

Was that a mistake ? Maybe a reflex action but he sure didn't care as my phone went off hitting the car floor.

" Oga , what is your own nah? I yelled out

He was as brick silent as would my room mate : Kechi.

He didn't say a word and I protested even more only to be consoled by the bus driver when he changed gear to make a left turn.

" miss , why are yelling out nah? Calm down . The matter has not gotten to you insulting my brother. He can't even reply to your accusations , so take it easy."

" why ? I asked in the middle of other voices in the bus.

I hated people telling me to take it easy when I was angry.

Other passengers , mostly students had joined my protest but suddenly kept quiet when the driver made his point. He narrated his relationship with the said man, and concluded by answering an eager question.

" because he is deaf and dumb"

wonderful. I frowned within a forced smile as the man waved a sorry arm and smile. Just great after ruining my day.

I got off the bus at Basement ,a building opposite the Faculty of Pharmacy. It was built with an underground hall and most of its sections are below ground level. A massive structure indeed, notable for only one thing :its hot temperature in the afternoon

I switched on my phone and lucky the screen hadn't cracked. The parts were intact too, but my problem was unique : no airtime to call back the number.

" And even more terrific, I can't borrow airtime. Limit exceeded and my bank account is less than five hundred naira. " I said walking along the Streets of Osasogie .

I thought that was all, but somehow the day just started to get even crazier .

"Aisose ? No way . How did he?- how did he come out of -?

The words choked me and I recalled the night he tried to rape me . How Ade had rescued me. And the blackout.

I was afraid that he might do something terrible to me and I froze in my tracks . My slippers got smaller.

He came right at me. He smiled .

That was weird.

" Hi Izzy . I'm not a ghost , so don't pretend like you see one except --" he paused

" I thought you were in jai-" I said trying to be calm before he cut in again.

"Jail? . haha ! Izzy that's funny you know. But I'll leave you to your dreams, seeing you know little of what is happening around you. That night was was only a job , Izzy. one I've spent the money on good living in Lagos. "

he scoffed and brushed my shoulder .

" take care Izzy ."

Did he just say "a job ? who paid him ? or is he bluffing to make me think he wasn't in custody ?

" Aisose .. wait "

I turned and looked into his eyes .

" who paid you for it?

" can't tell you that Izzy. it's a breach of contract if I do "

With that he walked away and left me wondering. Who would do such ?

Dani's place was designed to his taste. The rich kid of a business tycoon, what would you expect if not an exquisite lifestyle with expensive gadgets and furniture. He stayed alone in a two bedroom flat and I had always been happy coming into his apartment, but that particular day was different.

I was afraid and guilty.

I knocked at his protector and couldn't stop flipping my fingers. I was shaking all over. Freezing with fear.

" You can bail yourself now , Izzy . Just turn around and go . He is not out yet " a voice inside my head came repeatedly.

Maybe I should.

I turned and made it for the gate when a metallic noise cried from behind. The iron door of Dani's apartment was opened.

I made a u- turn, hoping Dani would be kind enough to at least let me in.

" I know you have every right to be angry at me but I --uh , uhhh." I paused after opening my eyes to see a pretty lady standing at the entrance , half unclad with her cleavage barely hidden .

* who the fu*k are you? I asked in my mind.

" Yes " her voice came " who are you looking for?

I was speechless , even torn apart as the door became wide open and Dani came in view.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2017
Chapter 9

Efua.

I came out of the mall that looked triple the size of any shopping centre I'd ever been to. it was popular and many people talked about it. It was expensive though, even a joke thrown at you in it was considered, well not too expensive from my point of view.

I was doing a little shopping for my birthday three hours ago . Everything moved fine and I enjoyed the cool Gospel music of Sinach's " I know who I am" . It came from the the speakers in the sound system.

" Is that your wedding gown? a voice asked.

The voice was tiny and I saw a cute little boy of about six starring at me when I turned. I wondered what he asked about because I held a fancy plastic cup in my hand. I held out the cup but the boy shook his head in disapproval.

" what? I don't understand "

" The tip is touching the floor "

" What tip ?

" The white gown . If you want ,I can tell my mommy to give you one of her gown . Her clothes are not so long " he said smiling.

I turned to look if there was any gown around. I was wearing a blue top with a .... I realised something. He meant my skirt , my milk skirt . Oh naughty little boy.

I smiled and gave him a pat on the head.

"it's a skirt , not a gown ok. what is your name ?

"Kelvin . " he paused and looked at me awkwardly " but it looks like a wedding gown. can't you see the tip touches the floor and it's has flower designs ?

" OK. fine it's a gown. A very long gown" I sighed .

I turned to continue my shopping.

" Are you celebrating ? What's your name? kelvin asked me.

" Yea . Efua Barry" I looked at him.

" Birthday ?

"yea "

"for who ? can I come? will there be cake?

" Mine- kelvin where is your mommy? I asked .

" she should be here, somewhere " he shrugged his shoulders " I don't know "

" okay Kelvin. Do you know that Jesus loves you? He died for us . For you and me on the cross of.." I was preaching to the young boy when his mom came calling in a frantic mood.

" kelvin?!!! Kelvin !!! where is that boy ?

When she found him with me, she thanked me and dragged him along , scolded him for running off in a big mall . The little boy was too happy to be sad.

" bye Aunt Efua. Happy birthday !" he turned and smiled, still in his mom's grip.

" Bye bye .Kelvin '

" Mummy mummy see ! see. Her tummy is so big. Is there a balloon inside? I want mine to be as big as that."

Kelvin's voice came when a pregnant lady pased by the section we stood. She was heavy with child.

" it's the slap that i will give you that is inside , if you don't Keep quiet " his mother replied.

I shook my head and continued my shopping. .

I stood outside waiting for a cab. I finally got one and left the mall.

When I got home, it was bright outside and the sky was still blue but I was surprised to meet the entire house quiet and the living room pitch black .

I became afraid and thought that bugglers had broken in.

I brought out my phone , dropped my bag on the floor and tried to call for help.

" Surprise "!!!

The voices came as one and the lights came on at the same time. The living room was filled with people, party balloons, fancy bulbs and decorations with a beautiful cake on the table. Nosa and Uyi were present , each gave me a hug but I couldn't find Rita anywhere.

" awwwnn " I said in shock . " this is so nice of you guys. I never expected. .. thank you so much"

" don't worry .. come here , it's your day " Nosa said with open arms.

Tbc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by rachealfst(f): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2017
Welcome back Creeza, it's good to have you back. Nice updates!
I also saw your comment on my thread, thanks.
Happy new week.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
rachealfst:
Welcome back Creeza, it's good to have you back. Nice updates!
I also saw your comment on my thread, thanks.
Happy new week.
same here

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by refiner(f): 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
Creeza:
Michelle55 royh CaraJewel saraphina jagugu88li queenitee dimssy enirock Lankyannie harameede99 MozB veekid Adesina12 shakyroh320 ( longest time) smiley refiner and all others
good morning and wishing you a happy week ahead.

updated ..
kiss

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Creeza creeza,thank you

Ehn ehn,Daniel,Danieli

That woman Efua saw with her son is a typical Nigerian mum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
The General Lieutenant Commander is a scam.....bought the goon to attack so he could be Shinning Armr

Nosa the Chairman!! Water that land before ploughing. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
queenitee:
Creeza creeza,thank you

Ehn ehn,Daniel,Danieli

That woman Efua saw with her son is a typical Nigerian mum
lol, this got me laffing hard. grin

Thank you for your comments, smiley Im always happy when u drop them
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Creeza:
lol, this got me laffing hard. grin

Thank you for your comments, smiley Im always happy when u drop them
I always look forward to your updates

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by refiner(f): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
Creeza!!!! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by CaraJewel(f): 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Creeza:
Chapter 9

Efua.

I came out of the mall that looked triple the size of any shopping centre I'd ever been to. it was popular and many people talked about it. It was expensive though, even a joke thrown at you in it was considered, well not too expensive from my point of view.

I was doing a little shopping for my birthday three hours ago . Everything moved fine and I enjoyed the cool Gospel music of Sinach's " I know who I am" . It came from the the speakers in the sound system.

" Is that your wedding gown? a voice asked.

The voice was tiny and I saw a cute little boy of about six starring at me when I turned. I wondered what he asked about because I held a fancy plastic cup in my hand. I held out the cup but the boy shook his head in disapproval.

" what? I don't understand "

" The tip is touching the floor "

" What tip ?

" The white gown . If you want ,I can tell my mommy to give you one of her gown . Her clothes are not so long " he said smiling.

I turned to look if there was any gown around. I was wearing a blue top with a .... I realised something. He meant my skirt , my milk skirt . Oh naughty little boy.

I smiled and gave him a pat on the head.

"it's a skirt , not a gown ok. what is your name ?

"Kelvin . " he paused and looked at me awkwardly " but it looks like a wedding gown. can't you see the tip touches the floor and it's has flower designs ?

" OK. fine it's a gown. A very long gown" I sighed .

I turned to continue my shopping.

" Are you celebrating ? What's your name? kelvin asked me.

" Yea . Efua Barry" I looked at him.

" Birthday ?

"yea "

"for who ? can I come? will there be cake?

" Mine- kelvin where is your mommy? I asked .

" she should be here, somewhere " he shrugged his shoulders " I don't know "

" okay Kelvin. Do you know that Jesus loves you? He died for us . For you and me on the cross of.." I was preaching to the young boy when his mom came calling in a frantic mood.

" kelvin?!!! Kelvin !!! where is that boy ?

When she found him with me, she thanked me and dragged him along , scolded him for running off in a big mall . The little boy was too happy to be sad.

" bye Aunt Efua. Happy birthday !" he turned and smiled, still in his mom's grip.

" Bye bye .Kelvin '

" Mummy mummy see ! see. Her tummy is so big. Is there a balloon inside? I want mine to be as big as that."

Kelvin's voice came when a pregnant lady pased by the section we stood. She was heavy with child.

" it's the slap that i will give you that is inside , if you don't Keep quiet " his mother replied.

I shook my head and continued my shopping. .

I stood outside waiting for a cab. I finally got one and left the mall.

When I got home, it was bright outside and the sky was still blue but I was surprised to meet the entire house quiet and the living room pitch black .

I became afraid and thought that bugglers had broken in.

I brought out my phone , dropped my bag on the floor and tried to call for help.

" Surprise "!!!

The voices came as one and the lights came on at the same time. The living room was filled with people, party balloons, fancy bulbs and decorations with a beautiful cake on the table. Nosa and Uyi were present , each gave me a hug but I couldn't find Rita anywhere.

" awwwnn " I said in shock . " this is so nice of you guys. I never expected. .. thank you so much"

" don't worry .. come here , it's your day " Nosa said with open arms.

Tbc.

efua part of the story is like one naija movie

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by BlissfulJeff(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
interesting...

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
refiner:
Creeza!!!! embarassed
yea?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:53am On Apr 15, 2017
continues ****

Izzy

His gaze pierced through my soul as he crossed his arm with a firm stance , his entire body worked towards a single goal : crucifying me .

" I was in a hurry . That's why I ignored Clinton "

" Don't give me that bull crap " He snapped his index finger on the chair like he was lighting a matchstick.

Well the fire had been lit and every attempt to extinguish it would be medicine after death , even beach sand was useless in this case. Right from the moment he let me into his living room, the a.c wasn't enough to cool down the tension as I sat uncomfortably receiving lash upon lash of tongue battering.

The fair skinned lady had changed her clothes . She put on a tank top leaving her bare legs and laps enslaving the imagination as it begged for more of the above.

" I'm talking to you " Dani snapped again for the fifth time.

" I've been busy that's all.. I really have been up with so much..."

" with what exactly huh? tell me because ..."

" You are not giving me the chance to, you keep yelling into my.."

" I don't understand you anymore. I mean this is not you, come to think of it ..."

" Dani please listen to ..."

" No. you listen. To.Me . Izzy ." Dani barked and sent fear upstream my spine.

" Izzy this is not you. The Izzy I know curses , smokes .The Izzy I know thinks life is a joke and can't wait for it to end , she swears often and never looks down when talking to people, but you. I mean this new Izzy. She is different .You are different, Because the Izzy I know, even with her ugly character would never lie to me, pretend maybe but she would never. Never . lie to .me "

That last statement made me think "Are you sure about that?. I ve lied more times than I can remember .* I found myself smiling childishly to the idea.

I racked my brain afterwards trying to place a finger on the identity of this strange lady in Dani's apartment and everytime , I failed.

she tried to interfere in our argument.

" Hold your tongue " Dani cut in.

" I only wanted to resolve the issue . I'll just be in the room . Call me if you need me."

" No stay " I cut into their convo" What's your name please? Have we met before?

I feigned concern and hoped on getting somewhere with the starter.

" me? she said pointing her chest cavity.

" Yes . Have we met before ?The face is familiar "

* I wish that was true, sorry dear I have to save my relationship and you are a threat to it*

" why do you care? Dani invited himself " You have no right to"

I was shaken up and terrified as shivers ran downwards this time on my spine.

" It was just a question " the round faced beauty protested " I think I should answer it. At least for the sake of courtesy "

Dani refused her option and rather commanded more authority by deeming every question unfit for answer except they came from him. He was so confident and too sure of his actions.

" And I mean nobody . Except me" he concluded and sipped his bottle of beer"

I couldn't understand why he treated me like a cheap hoe off the streets without any freedom of speech but my only duty was to please a wicked master when called upon. it was simply dehumanizing.

" Why do you treat me as you would your slave? Eh Dani? I want to .."

" Be quiet Izzy "

" sorry Sir " I said and zipped my mouth shut.

He paced the sitting room and touched his golf stick which layed on top a shelve . The object had a lot of stories about his past , the bond between him and his dad which I could not start to explain given the condition I was at the moment.

Izzy " he gazed into my eyes " You know. Two of us know actually . That you know . I know . We are not kids anymore."

" Yea I do."

" And yet you don't know that no matter what you do, I'll still love you effortlessly "

I smiled like a dog fed a huge lip bone for Christmas.

" Even when you are caught on tape sleeping with that good for nothing Ade" he concluded unexpectedly with a wicked stare , while tossing his bottle to a wall above my left ear.

" Jesu* my heart leapt with shock and I was confused -I was afraid " wait. Dani that 's a big allegation without prove , what do you mean ? I slept with Ade ?

" Haha ! she still denies it , can you imagine " he turned to the girl who was silent ever since" can you belive this ? .

" Izzy . You want prove eh? I'll give you prove " He grabbed my arm" get out of my house!!

" Dani please wait. I can explain "

" too late for that " he pulled me " I'm not a f*uck boy Izzy, I can't share my bae with another man , old enough to to be my senior brother"

" please wait " I said in tears trying to get the clear picture.

He dragged me. I scrambled off the floor. I hoped for a miracle as I watched the girl on the other end of the room standing and feeling helpless, . It was awkward though as I was sure she knew something about the whole story and even more.

" How could you Izzy? are you that cheap. I gave you everything, what didn't I give you , huh? tell me. " Dani let go of my arm and rammed his fist into a wall nearby, he tried to hold back a pool of tears begging to come forth. " And you wanted his juice so badly, so badly Izzy , that you were too careless and got caught on tape. Sex Tape Izzy. Sex tape!! You know how awful it was for me when I saw it? huh? Sex - for demon's freaking sake - tape Iziegbe"

He turned and left me on the floor, beaten up internally and famished by nature. Was it my fault? I couldn't tell. only if he had stopped me from talking to Ade in the first place, these recent events would not have taken course.

" Dani please, listen to me" Jane Doe called him .

" Izzy " Daniel stopped in his tracks and stared " You disgust me, get out of here . I don't want to see your face by the time come out in five minutes." he paused " else you'll be sorry "

He left through the corridor and slammed his door which gave a big bang.

In tears and whimpering , I got up from the floor and left with my demolished -and fallen pride.

Efua

"I need to go and get my phone in my room" I said releasing my palm off Nosa's religious grip .

"Wait . Don't worry . The phone won't fly , will it? I know for sure that anyone who wants to wish you well, would send messages if you don't pick after several calls. C'mon it's your birthday party and you are bailing out?

His eyes glowed with a splint " This dress is just marvelous . Uyi has an eye for good stuff " he concluded.

I was speechless and hoped it would end soon, the urge to escape was deep.

After the surprise birthday package and numerous gifts, I had gone inside to change into an outfit for the occasion, little did I know that it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Uyi had bought me a dress and I tried the gown on but was ashamed of it and myself. It barely crossed my kneecap and made me look more of a hoe than a responsible girl.

*lord have mercy * What have you done Efua? The thought deposited guilt into my mind .

To make matters surprisingly worse, Nosa gave me a pair of high heels to match the dress. I tried walking with them and it was easy, until I fell twice and almost lost four teeth. you see the problem?

Nosa turned and continued with his enjoyment leaving me to my predicament.

" The is dress is killing me" I said to Uyi when he crossed by with beer bottles in his right hand and glass tumblers on the other.

" Wait. Wait. You look so damn Hot .Trust me Efua, this is the real deal . I went through hell getting you this dress, don't tell me you don't like it"

" You see? " I surveyed my body " that's my problem , I can't stop thinking that I am more of a lovepedler in these clothes." I bit my lower lips" I'm taking them off immediately"

I moved past him and a few other people who were dancing and drinking. Uyi hurriedly blocked me and dropped off the items in his hands into a safe corner.

" Hey! stop " he pushed me back " sorry. . But no way I'm letting you put on one of those safari express robes. Whats wrong with this blue gown?

" Everything "

" It's beautiful "

" No its seductive and too obvious , see my cleavage hanging out like. .." I paused and sighed " never mind"

'" Haha! I know what you mean , but don't worry, nobody will remember what Efua Barry wore on this night after this much booze and grooving " he said pointing to the mini crowd behind him.

I tried to understand what he meant by that but it was all confusing from every angle. something was not in place,everything in fact was fishy.

" Whats up here folks ? Nosa danced to our direction " why the bad blood?

"This dress is is a disgrace " I began " it is stuck up on my backside and every time I pull it down to cover my knee, it comes right upwards immediately like a window blind and catapults unto my hips. Now I look like Sharon Stone. "

Nosakhare laughed and told me to calm down. He explained why he thought it was not a problem at all and even gave me an experiment.

' Okay watch " he turned and darted his eyes to different angles of the room " hey ! Jerry come over here " He located his friend in the crowd.

When Jeremiah - a friend of Nosa who was probably a fellow Corp member ( I had no idea ) - was nearby, it was obvious that he was drunk and damaged.

" Jerry look here " Nosa pointed to my dress" What's this lady wearing?

I wondered what was going on. Jerry stared closely at my boobs then muttered some inaudible words . He focused on my hips then slapped his forehead softly. After he was assured he had seen enough, he pulled away.

" well? Nosa asked

Uyi observed and to my greatest surprise , Jeremiah said

" She is wearing a pink shirt and.." he shallowed down his regurgitation " and eh... A navy combat jeans. "

Nosa laughed " OK that's all Jerry . Thank you. now back to the party Bro " he turned to me " You see . I told you .So just relax and have fun. In fact take this"

Uyi patted Nosa's shoulders and left us to join his meriband of friends on the dance floor " It's from dusk till dawn baby. Woooooo! !! He gave some people the bottles of beer he had in his hands earlier.

I stood there contemplating the situation and how the events turned out. Deep down I knew everything was wrong . I knew it in my gut and hoped it was all a dream.

" Efua ? Hello ? Nosa called back my attention. " Take this glass of wine. it's good and yea, I now what you're thinking but it's alcohol free" He stretched out his hand.

I hesitated and I did not know what to say, I was afraid not of the drink but afraid of what I was doing . I was not functioning on my own will but doing the bid of an unknown force and power.

" Okay you prefer soft drinks, I'll just go and.."

" No . I'll take this . Thank you "

" It's good wine ." He smiled

" But just this once. "

" Yea baby . Just. one. cup " Nosa said with a spark of hope in his eyes as I gulped down the entire content . It was really good and tasty.

" Now come on , he pulled me softly " I want to make a toast.

tbc

t tell. only if he had stopped me from talking to Ade in the first place, these recent events would not have taken course.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2017
sorry guys . couldn't do mentions earlier .

CaraJewel omereelu1 yusufibrahim royh enirock1 Adesina12 queenitee Lankyannie refiner veekid Missmossy saraphina Michelle55,
I just updated on slaves in the soul, do have a blessed weekend smiley
jagugu88li thanks dearie , I appreciate your likes and shares.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Izzy don enter,mumu girl
Efua Efua

Creeza jare,I can kukukuku see you, should we expect more updates ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2017
In no particular or special manner ( the specialness - is that an English word?- is too much individually )

happy Easter to pricelesslove tulz15 pelumee mirob mozb geofavor iykesticks michelle55
adesina12
tunjilomo
colik
yorhmienerd
mercichoco
veekid bibijay123 pamelb rachealfst harameede99 enirock
jagugu88li dimssy missmossy royh bababuster, refiner biafrabushboy adeculate
saraphina carajewel
muyjubee lankyannie queenitee and my very own yinks89 (been ages man)

I wish you guys a stress-free Easter and all the excitement that the season has in stock.

SPREAD THE LOVE, DONT JUST let IT END WITH YOU. You are inevitably special to me in all ramifications and I know that someone else is to you.
wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2017
Creeza:
In no particular or special manner ( the specialness - is that an English word?- is too much individually )

happy Easter to pricelesslove tulz15 pelumee mirob mozb geofavor iykesticks michelle55
adesina12
tunjilomo
colik
yorhmienerd
mercichoco
saraphina carajewel

I wish you guys a stress-free Easter and all the excitement that the season has in stock.

SPREAD THE LOVE, DONT JUST IT END WITH YOU. You are inevitably special to me in a ramifications and I know that someone else is to you.
wink

Same to you bro

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2017
Creeza:

adesina12
tunjilomo
colik
yorhmienerd
mercichoco
saraphina carajewel

SPREAD THE LOVE, DONT JUST IT END WITH YOU. You are inevitably special to me in all ramifications and I know that someone else is to you.
wink
Same to you creeza honey.Have a wonderful Easter..God bless you

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
Creeza:

adesina12
tunjilomo
colik
yorhmienerd
mercichoco
saraphina carajewel

SPREAD THE LOVE, DONT JUST let IT END WITH YOU. You are inevitably special to me in all ramifications and I know that someone else is to you.
wink

Same to you bro; Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
dd queenitee, updated as promised.

continued

Efua

After Nosa's toast which took most part of a boring introduction about me- it was too long- and then climaxed with his feeling of joy to have come in contact with a "rare gem" ( he was sincere about it or so I thought ) like me, I couldn't stop thinking even till this point if I was ever going to be worthy of all those qualities he had stated.
I couldn't leave a mark on him or anyone else in the world, if I only journeyed from a little girl backstage the choir practice in her father's church to a woman still in fear of what might be if I stepped out of my comfort zone, clearly I was yearning to have fun -just a little - but my background and upbringing prepared me for a better future.

" I've had enough . Thank you " I raised an arm signaling the guy that offered me cake to move along.

Everyone had had a piece of it, given the fact that they were too eager for me to cut it before the toast ,so consuming the cake was even smaller than a mole.

"Hey !" Uyi called out when he grasped my hands.

" Hi " I replied and gave out a chuckle of smile.

" Come . Stand up . let's dance . Don't tell me you are not up to the task , I know you want to have a little fun but you're just too shy to come out of that skin of yours . I've been watching you since the party began and you don't look so cool . Whats up " he paused and brushed my shoulders softly " talk to me"

"I'm fine . thank you " I moved my left shoulder from his grip " I'm just ...it's nothing actually"

" Ooohhh Come on! " Uyi sat next to me, he picked that something was wrong " Don't kill the vibe . It's just for tonight and besides we only live once"

" That's why you have to live it right so you'll be proud to stand " I adjusted and pulled away from his grasp" in front of your maker on the last day - God almighty. See.."I demonstrated " All these happening-its too carnal and impulsive-life is too fleeting. I hope you still know that God exists ?" I asked with a concerned look.

Uyi scoffed and waved a finger in the air , the wind followed his trail as he picked a glass from a table nearby . he poured out a sizeable amount of white wine- grapefruit flavour- and stretched out his arm.

" I can't take anymore " I said signaling him to put it away. " I've had too much already from you and Nosa. You guys want to turn me into a wine storage facility "

" You know what ? He asked and continued after I focused unto his eyes" just take his last one . You re thinking too far, you need to reduce your speed . Slow down "
I shook my head in confusion. It was probably written all over my face.

" I won't take it ." I said bluntly .

" Your choice " he stood up and swirled " I'll just put it here on the table incase you get thirsty" he stopped after making two steps " and that is the last cup actually, half our guests have gone home and the party is almost over.Too bad you didn't enjoy your own birthday party"

* 2 am * in the morning as I surreptitiously glanced to a wall clock at the corner of the room. It was way past my bed time and these guys were still rife for the music and booze. Definitely they had metal alloys in their gene.

I watched him leave and was short of words to say. The effect of alcohol was terrible but he and Nosa didn't seem drunk . Nosa had even promised he would take just two bottles - ok three bottles of beer - but little did I know that I was in for trouble as my head started to spin.

I hoped I wasn't drunk on sweet wine as I started getting a slight headache. the idea alone was stupid and had only one explanation. The whole room rotated suddenly and I felt the ceiling turn upside down. what is wrong? What's going on.?

" Oh dear lord ! I blurted in a constrained voice.

" I'll just drop these bottles over here and see you off" Nosa's voice came faintly when he talked to some of his friends.

Pictures became blurred, then darkness. For a second i snapped out of it and hung over the line inbetwwen .I felt a burning sensation in my throat.

" I'll just put it here on the table incase you get thirsty " I remembered Uyi's words. I watched somebody take the glass of wine and drank from it.

"How did he know that.." My mind's mouth was about to say when darkness engulfed me , again, the music and sounds died away faintly and the next thing I remembered was" nothing ".

My eyelids became heavy and stung with great pain . I tried to open them but succeeded after the umpteenth attempt.

Strange as it seemed I was bit comfortable as the environment was familiar. The only discrepancy in my calculations was how I got into my room from the couch in the the living room where I fell asleep. I tried to move then a burning pain in between my legs answered every questions I had .

" No..NoOoooo..Please No. Oh no, this can't be true, please tell me it's ..a dream " I said to no one in particular when I touched the blood stains on the sheets and in between my thighs .

"Arrrrrhrrrhggggggghhhhh" I groaned in pain and screamed out my lungs as hot tears flooded my eyelids then downwards, my sorrowful cheek.

Izzy

I left home early before Kechi could perform her ritual of cooking and promiscuous eating- she could download a pot of rice within few minutes.

The tall tress above my head provided a feeling of shelter and protection I desperately needed. The air was calm and whistling as the leaves conjured an eerie sound that soothed any mood your mind could think of.
This used to be my relaxation spot with Dani but I was all alone that cold morning at the front of the faculty of Arts , UNIBEN campus. The clouds still had patches from the previous night and the very thought of the encounter I had with Dani and the tears I shed afterwards in Kechi's consoling arms, made me nauseated in the present state of mind.

I got up from the iron built chairs that squared the overlay of the faculty. I strolled across an empty parking lot-it was 6:29 am .

" Main gate. . Hall 1 .. Basement. .Main gate. ..Hall 1..Basement " Drivers called out potential passengers from a mini bus stop across the road.

I scoffed and clutched my leather green jacket , I jerked my toes inside my sneakers and focused on the Orchard of trees I entered.

The trees created a garden like pattern and helped readers relax during the hot afternoon sun , but it served a better purpose for some people-like me.

"Mhen this cold ..No be here o"
A male voice said referring to nobody in view.

" I dae tell you" I cut in when he detected my entry " Bros , I hail o"

I took a seat on a concrete chair fixed to the ground.

The young man looked his twenties. From his hairstyle, all shiny and well kempt ,His long sleeved vest upon a blue stone jeans and timberland boots, you could tell he was G boy ( a slang used in reference to hackers and online fraudsters in uniben ).

" Wats up nah? He enquired and gave me an inspective glance.

" I dae bros " I replied having caught a glimpse of his laptop bag and a single note book beside him" how is the ministry ?

" It is moving sharparly sharparly to ogiso camp ( Ogiso is a Bini word and dynasty of the ancient kings before the obas which means " rulers from the sky ')

" Correct" I replied and brought out a box of cigarettes and a lighter from my hand bag . I scanned the environment and after thorough scanning , I was satisfied. I stroked the lighter gear and a flame came forth -a bluish glowing splint.

I paused for a moment and thought deeply about my decision to ignore both Dani and Ade henceforth but somehow caught in the past as I had began smoking when I lost my Dad. Now I was back to the rendezvous point where it all started.

" Babe ..Psst. .Babe" The G guy sitting opposite called " Your lighter abeg. give me light" he continued while grimacing a cigarette in his mouth.

" Sure " I tossed it to him and my phone buzzed in my pockets.

" Hello ? Hello? who is this?

The line went dead when I picked and all i got was static as reply but I realised it was the same number that had called me the previous day. Who could that be? it couldn't be Efua because she had only one number and I had tried calling her on her birthday but the line was switched off.
Who is this mysterious caller? my mind's tongue contemplated .

I had already puffed out one stick of Benson and hedges when I heard my name from a familiar voice. I turned round to see Kechi , standing like a ghost out of nowhere. I asked what she was doing there and how she found me .

" There is only on place you go when you are down and weak and that place is well known to me - your best friend " her eyes lit up" so this is the reading you woke up so early amd escaped to do abi? when will you stop this ugly habit?

" I'm just having this last trail at it . This is my first stick , after this one today, no more"

she was disappointed and I knew it from her reactions " That was what you said three years ago when I caught you and Dani at our Freshers' welcome party , behind a building smoking Indian hemp "

" trust me Kechi this is the last, I need to get rid of any anything that reminds me of Dani"
She touched my shoulders from behind. " Yea yea and after a hundred and one more sticks you still repeat the same lines. .. this is just the beginning Kechi, I need a few more" Kechi said in my tone.

She sat next to me and waved at he guy sitting opposite . He gave a nod behind the rings of smoke he fumed out . Kechi turned to me , still disappointed " After all I told you last night . Oh girl you have fall my ear join , no be only my hand. I pity your kidneys that can't fight you back for poisoning them slowly "

" A certain number has been calling me " I said as I stamped the stick of Benson under my boots " I never told you until now because I thought it was a wrong number but between yesterday and this morning, the calls have been frequent"

"which number is that one again? Kechi asked .
" I don't know. I hope I'm not being stalked or kept track of. Given the recent turn of events , it's one out of two possibilities. "

" Ehen speaking of keeping track of people " Kechi began with joy " guess what"

She told me what she had heard from gossips and walls that had ears. when she was through with the info, the joy and smile that were at the tip of cheeks died a painful death . Ambivalence took over as I found myself smiling at the corners of my eye sockets .

" I never expected him to do such after .."

" Forget initial gragra , he loves you more than you can imagine " Kechi cut in with a grin.

" But even at that , he went too far . I mean take for instance if he had..."
My phone beeped and interrupted .

" Hi Izzy . I've missed you since our last encounter. I know it's a secret affair but I can't wait anymore to make this official. can we meet right now? I'm at the main gate. your one true love Ade"

Kechi finished reading the text and sighed " Love Ko hatred ni. This one eh, it has become obsession. " she looked me in the eye " Izzy what will you do about it?

" let's end this stupidity " I said impulsively as I slipped a mint into my mouth and grabbed my handbag.

" this one is now counting stars in broad day light" Kechi said quietly as she referred to the guy smoking on the other side . He had already taken five cigarettes and faced upwards that he didn't even notice when we left.

" Na so madness dae start " Kechi concluded.

tbc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nnnena(f): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
my silly mind is telling me uyi raped efua also Dani and ade made a bet on Izzy.*clears throat that's all. but i would love to see how everything went

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Creeza:

wink
Thanks dear, hope you enjoyed.

Girlhaley lankyannie share easter meat small, I'll share my Diwali meat too when time comes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Lethal Matrimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.