Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy (17611 Views)

Top 10 Smartphones With The Best Camera In The World - Naijatechguy / Smartphone Design Is Officially Dead, The Beasts Are Already Here - Naijatechguy / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by iceberryose(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by encryptjay(m): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2016
Fact boss; you'll see everyone forming experts in all fields.
The deception is much these days and being able to sieve out such fake display tend to make you their enemy.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Alhkerimu(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2016
[/color]
PhonePlanet:
if social network is ruining my life
then let my life be ruined grin
IT HAS RUINED YOUR LIFE ALREADY WHAT YOU NEED NOW IS DELIVERANCE[color=#000099]
PhonePlanet:
IT HAS RUINED YOUR LIFE ALREADY WHAT YOU NEED NOW IS DELIVERANCE
PhonePlanet:
IT HAS RUINED YOUR LIFE ALREADY WHAT YOU NEED NOW IS DELIVERANCE
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by brownhawk: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Social Media is now an irreplaceable part of each and every one of us. Social networks these days boast of huge numbers of users. Facebook itself has about 1.5 Billion users. These networks have helped us in many ways but today I'll be looking at the ways it's ruining our lives.

It Keeps Connecting You With A Past That's Best Forgotten.

Most recently, Facebook had a glitch that had old photos of users being reshared. It's possible that there are some of your photos you wouldn't want anyone to see but due to the glitch it became public. This is quite embarrassing. There are some memories you wouldn't want to remember but on social media there's a high probability that you'll come across the post one day and it'll get you annoyed or depressed.

Some people can't even spell anymore
Due to the many short ways of typing words on on social media. Some students can't even spell correctly. I've once read an essay that's filled with Internet slangs and it's embarrassing because it was written by a high school student. That's very bad.

We keep comparing ourselves to other people

"Obi just bought a new car", "Sandra just got an iPhone" and I'm still here . All these stuffs tend to make us desperate just because our friends have gotten something we don't have yet. Sometimes it makes us jealous and get envious. We start living fake lives just to keep up so they'll see you as a big boy or big girl indirectly ruining Our self worth and self esteem

You lose connection with the people around you
This is the annoying part of the whole thing. These days most of us can spend a lot of time online loosing the feeling of a decent personal conversation. We hide behind the screens of our smartphones forming as experts and providing answers to some unknown people's problems meanwhile you haven't addressed the problems in your immediate environment.
Have you ever imagined if that person you crossed on the road when your eyes were glued to your phone would have made a positive impact in your life?. Don't let social media draw much of your attention.
It Makes You Paranoid And Needy.

This one mostly affects the Ladies. A typical scenario of this is when a girl posts a picture and gets up to 1000+ likes, there are other girls on her list who'll get to see the picture. Some of them tend to become paranoid and needy. On the contrary, the person that's making them become needy and paranoid may not be better than them in real life.

You Waste So Much Time Online

We're all familiar with the scenario when you just want to quickly check something on your Facebook account but you see something else that keeps you glued to your screen for a very long time. The hours you spent or wasted on social media could have been used for more productive things.

Social media is fun but we should also be aware of the ways it ruins our lives.
op I feel ur write up but it's not fully complete. offer solutions to be realistic problems uve mentioned

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by brownhawk: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2016
Dandsome:
Apart from fake lifes it has done more good than harm
WHATGOOD?
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2016
brownhawk:
op I feel ur write up but it's not fully complete. offer solutions to be realistic problems uve mentioned
Thanks for the heads up.. I'll try to do that in my next post
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by nonjebose(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2016
People posting all manners of things on facebook. I have a cousin who never gets tired of posting her family pictures almost on a daily basis. It is like competition on FB.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by brownhawk: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Thanks for the heads up.. I'll try to do that in my next post
i will look forward to it
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by desire222(f): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2016
Let it be according to your desire. Amen
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by canDy4eva(f): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:
indeed u r phone planet! grin
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by canDy4eva(f): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2016
JoshuaSamuraiX:
That's why its better not to use phones outdoor. Not connecting with your immediate environment all in the name of chatting is crazy. Nice post OP.
did u intend sayin "indoors"
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by ukahchibuike: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2016
Idonbelivit..

Even though op is kinda making sense, let's jux said that..

Social media ruined me: 20%

And it profited me 80% of my income, so what's the hype all about?

Even though Facebook reshared your old memory, memories are also good to be memorize on, it reminds us of the past, for you to know how far you have gone, how you started and those that let you down will definitely know that you have come a long way, besides you still have your privacy to control, you can definitely choose not to reshare your memory or even delete it..

So my point here is that, if social media has definitely ruined me in regardless of any point op might have put up there, let it do me, even if it never ruined me, abeg make e start now, I really need to be ruined to double my bank account.. grin grin grin
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by kolado(m): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2016
Fake life everywhere on social media. Instagram is the worst of all.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Catalyst4real: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2016
Aint no post more true sad
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by chimhigher(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2016
Except d last point,all odas aint reasonable points
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Thats not true.....social media will only ruin your life if you are not discipline and dont have focus for life. Simple!

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Maj196(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Op some people also tend to be suicidal thru social networks let's not 4get cyber bullying which is very common here.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Babs24: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2016
I'm only guilty of the third point but I use positively. It makes me work harder and believe I will succeed in what I do.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2016
Social media keeps me informed, as for me Nairaland is my best form of networking. I used to like Linda ikeji but it no longer interests me.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Naijageak(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Wetin De happen to u self.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2016
Really true,i have minimised the time i spend on facebook and i am learning coding currently,it has really helped me to be more productive,i can now survive without Facebook (tested).Facebook is the internet for many people but thats a fallacy,facebook may destroy the internet soon,read this post
https://www.nairaland.com/3529449/facebook-may-destroy-internet-soon
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by DrollyForce(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
True.. That's why i only watch YouTube
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by hartson(m): 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
I am emulating the whiteman that uses nokia touch where I work.He lives very simple and calm life.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by canDy4eva(f): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
JoshuaSamuraiX:

Outdoor, like being around friends or in a place you can méet new people and you are busy pressing phone. They lose the opportunity to learn new thing. People like that might get clingy to a particular person, they chat with that person all the time and lose out méeting other people or learn néw things.

If am outdoors, I dont chat, I dont switch on data unless I néed to. I only accept calls, I can get home before I start chatting.

Do you get?
yh, I do.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by AndyAustin(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
Bless you.
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by GoldEnyong(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Social Media is now an irreplaceable part of each and every one of us. Social networks these days boast of huge numbers of users. Facebook itself has about 1.5 Billion users. These networks have helped us in many ways but today I'll be looking at the ways it's ruining our lives.

It Keeps Connecting You With A Past That's Best Forgotten.

Most recently, Facebook had a glitch that had old photos of users being reshared. It's possible that there are some of your photos you wouldn't want anyone to see but due to the glitch it became public. This is quite embarrassing. There are some memories you wouldn't want to remember but on social media there's a high probability that you'll come across the post one day and it'll get you annoyed or depressed.

Some people can't even spell anymore
Due to the many short ways of typing words on on social media. Some students can't even spell correctly. I've once read an essay that's filled with Internet slangs and it's embarrassing because it was written by a high school student. That's very bad.

We keep comparing ourselves to other people

"Obi just bought a new car", "Sandra just got an iPhone" and I'm still here . All these stuffs tend to make us desperate just because our friends have gotten something we don't have yet. Sometimes it makes us jealous and get envious. We start living fake lives just to keep up so they'll see you as a big boy or big girl indirectly ruining Our self worth and self esteem

You lose connection with the people around you
This is the annoying part of the whole thing. These days most of us can spend a lot of time online loosing the feeling of a decent personal conversation. We hide behind the screens of our smartphones forming as experts and providing answers to some unknown people's problems meanwhile you haven't addressed the problems in your immediate environment.
Have you ever imagined if that person you crossed on the road when your eyes were glued to your phone would have made a positive impact in your life?. Don't let social media draw much of your attention.
It Makes You Paranoid And Needy.

This one mostly affects the Ladies. A typical scenario of this is when a girl posts a picture and gets up to 1000+ likes, there are other girls on her list who'll get to see the picture. Some of them tend to become paranoid and needy. On the contrary, the person that's making them become needy and paranoid may not be better than them in real life.

You Waste So Much Time Online

We're all familiar with the scenario when you just want to quickly check something on your Facebook account but you see something else that keeps you glued to your screen for a very long time. The hours you spent or wasted on social media could have been used for more productive things.

Social media is fun but we should also be aware of the ways it ruins our lives.

Absolutely..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Charge You Phone With Razorblade / My Samsung A30 Just Arrived / How Long Can A 5050mah Battery Last You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.