Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? (1513 Views)

Philip Obin Escapes Death After Visiting His Village For Peace Talks. Photos / "We Are The Ones Who Banish People", Igbokwe Replies IPOB / IPOB May Banish Igbokwe From Igboland Over Anti-biafra Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2016
I had an argument with some folks yesterday and the argument was this:

Can a king in any village/town in the present day Nigeria banish someone/subject from his village or town?
Is it constitutionally right; and Are Kings/traditional rulers constitutionally empowered to do such?
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2016
hello
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by UnclePati: 11:03am On Dec 23, 2016
This man...did u fall from the moon...or u r westernized

This is Africa.... Where customs and tradition comes first...our king/traditional rulers are leader of our land and their pronouncements are laws which must be obeyed.

Hence if the king chooses to banish you from his community...my brother you are on your own..you can't use constitutional or legal means to fight to stay.

If you respect a Native Doctors Authority.....why den would you want to challenge the authority of a king whom the Native doctor reports to.?

My brother if they HV banished you from your village please respect your self and disappear....

2 Likes

Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by efembaba(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Do u abolish a subject or banish them Correct ur self
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=efembaba post=52189507]Do u abolish a subject or banish them Correct ur self[/quote
]

tnx, done.
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by Sealeddeal(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
UnclePati:
This man...did u fall from the moon...or u r westernized

This is Africa.... Where customs and tradition comes first...our king/traditional rulers are leader of our land and their pronouncements are laws which must be obeyed.

Hence if the king chooses to banish you from his community...my brother you are on your own..you can't use constitutional or legal means to fight to stay.

If you respect a Native Doctors Authority.....why den would you want to challenge the authority of a king whom the Native doctor reports to.?

My brother if they HV banished you from your village please respect your self and disappear....

Nonsense! It depends on the place you're talking about. In my community in Anambra state, it is the people that can do that. A decision must be reached by the community before anybody can be declare banished.
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by owugozie(f): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
When Nigeria Mobs mob you, nobody will tell you to banish before you banish yourself. grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
owugozie:
When Nigeria Mobs mob you, nobody will tell you to banish before you banish yourself. grin

how?
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nonsense! It depends on the place you're talking about. In my community in Anambra state, it is the people that can do that. A decision must be reached by the community before anybody can be declare banished.

where in anambra?
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by juman(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Its not possible.

1 Like

Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by Sealeddeal(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
dubemnaija:

where in anambra?
Nnewi
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nnewi

No wonder! Cave people on the prowl.
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by Sealeddeal(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
B2Spirits:

No wonder! Cave people on the prowl.
Islamic blockhead
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by rayblast(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
Yes only in Nollyhood movies
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
gone are the days!
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nnewi
ok
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
lalasticlala, pls I need more views on this
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by WizBLANCE(m): 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Constitutional? I don't have idea but i do know kings has such power. Pending on the crime and community.
So Op what is your crime and who is banishing you?
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
WizBLANCE:
Constitutional? I don't have idea but i do know kings has such power. Pending on the crime and community.
So Op what is your crime and who is banishing you?

hahaha! no one is banishing me o
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by WizBLANCE(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
dubemnaija:

smile...
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by WizBLANCE(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
dubemnaija:

smile...
Re: Can A Traditional Ruler/king banish A Subject From His Village? by dubemnaija: 4:17am On Dec 24, 2016
morning

(1) (Reply)

48 Hours After Threat To Resume Bombing, Militants Strike In Delta / Important Announcement From Nigerian Immigration / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.