Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,340 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) (26893 Views)

CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by habbi080(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
ibietela2:
Across the fucking Country.

Here in PH too
Damn fucking Country..
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by princetom1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
VickyRotex:

Kini mmm? undecided

MR MURTALA MOHAMMED angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by ibietela2(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
habbi080:

Damn fucking Country..

Very fucking,
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Leopantro: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lionofdjungle:
You can see that there is no difference between MMM and banks. MMM froze its operations till January, banks equally systematically regulated the way they dispense money. That shows that they too don't have enough money in circulation to give to all their customers. If all the customers of a bank decided to collect their money at the same time, such a bank would fold up. They too are using another person's money to pay a customer. The same principle that Mavrodi uses. Why then, do you want to crucify Mavrodi?

Leopantro:

Have you noticed the crowd at ATM at banks recently. Most time, only 1 or 2 of the machines would be dispensing or non at all. Within the bank hall, the story is not different. Stories are being told of inability of banks in paying money over the counter; clients told to wait until people deposit enough for people to be paid. Was in GTB where a cashier told a man who came to clear a cheque that they were not financial capable of honouring the check, if he could come back later. The sum of the cheque ; N200,000.
This is a normal occurrence during the festive season but you will agree that the degree is particularly higher this year. Sadly, this is an unfortunate but indirect deliberate action from the FG arising from 3 main reasons producing "the butterfly effect"

1. FG FINANCIAL SHORTFALL; as is painfully obvious, the FG has been unable to pay salaries of most of its agencies and civil servants for the past month or two. Although there has been renewed drive in boosting the private sector, the bulk of money in circulation arises from the FG. The short fall is attributed to the economic recession currently affecting the country as well as stringent polices undertaking by the FG. This is further worsened by the inability of the CBN to checkmate the free fall of the Naira against the dollar. For the first time in years civil servants are being owned months as against the promise of being paid on the 25th of the month. The current predicament was foretold by the CBN about 5 months ago but was unfortunately down played by the FG that assured that it was capable of paying salary till the end of the year. With the skyrocketing of prices of products and the reduction in purchasing power of the currency. has made the yuletide one of the most difficult ever experienced.

2. In order to reduce recurring cost, the FG has told the CBN to stop printing new notes. Apparently, the cost of minting a new naira note is more than the face value of the note. This reduces FG cost in making money as a salvage means of saving money during this recession. The problem is this is a standing order that has been in effect for the past 6 months. Also, old and dilapidated notes are constantly being removed. This reduces the physical cash in circulation. Combined with the reduced purchasing power of naira notes, this creates an artificial scarcity. Considering that Nigeria is yet to achieve a cash less policy, ongoing recession, dependence on imported products as well as inability to locally produce such imported goods, this creates a stagnation in the economy

3. Due to 1 and 2 above, as well as well inability to achieve the budget benchmark for oil, repeated destruction of oil tanks, TSA effect on banks, etc, the revenue generating capability of the FG has drastically reduced. This has also affected the CBN's ability to provide a key function; cash flow. Ideally, the CBN lends finance in the billions and high millions to banks in the country on a daily basis at a certain interest rate. The banks allocate the shared amount to their various branches based on certain factors. Banks can also request for and loan other banks funds at certain rates on a daily basis.

Due to the above reasons, there is a drastic reduction in the amount the CBN can now give to banks. This also reduces the allocation banks give to their branches either on a daily or alt day regimen. Although such branches can generate money based on deposits but during the Yuletide season, the withdrawals are usually more than the deposits. As such, branches develop certain means to maintain the flow of physical cash I.e not honouring cheques above a certain amount, deliberately utilizing one or two ATMs, delays in over the counter withdrawals. Zenith bank in some states have placed a daily limit of 50,000 on withdrawals. Online transactions are not excepted as the sheer number of users have also increased; bank to bank transfers still works but payment of bills and services may experience hitches and delays. Unfortunately, considering the end of the fiscal year has been moved from January to March, such abnormalities may persist well into the next year.
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by truthspeaks: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
Who else shld they blame? Wen Gej was thr u blamed him for evry prob even ur family issues. Hypocrite
lawal28c:
Abi na buhari dey cause diz 1 again?cos it seems some pipu just dey foolish dat dey must almost blame errytin on buhari.

1 Like

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by VickyRotex(f): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
princetom1:

MR MURTALA MOHAMMED angry

lmao! I see. Why iz you velzing angry
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by maasoap(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
tyokunbo:
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/24/frustration-as-atms-dispense-less-cash-in-ekiti-photos/

Commercial bank customers today decried lack of money in many Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) in Ado-Ekiti.

A Facebook User Merry Triple A Adeola shared photos about banking operations this morning. She wrote, "Cashless Christmas: Frustration, anguish as ATMs dispense less cash... This is a true picture of #IStandwithBuhari"

Photos
I thought you guys were standing with #Fayose!
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by maasoap(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
modaink333:
Buhari is a disgrace.....we didnt experience such at Christmas during GEJ era....and yet one physcophat will come hia and say buhari is working........yes, he is woking on ur damaged brain
Your brain needs formatting.
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Mastermind91(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Currently serving in Ekiti! Alwaz going tru hell to withdraw cos most of their banks are in Ado. Ekiti is worst ehn

1 Like

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by nummyjenny: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello, i'm just quickly reaching out to you to share something exciting with you right now which I believe would blow your mind just like it blew mine.

*Currently:*
1bitcoin = $845
1Bitcoin = N439400
4Bitcoins = N1,757,600

So imagine having 2 to 5 to 10 to 50 to 100 bitcoins. What difference would that make in your life?

If I could show you the easiest way to earn up to 50 bitcoins in less than 180days, would that be something you would love to learn?
We organize daily training by 4pm(Nigerian time) where we share the incredible idea with every participants about the easiest way to achieve well over 16 Bitcoins in less than 6 Months (over $100,000) just by working with your phone phone and the social media.

I know what you are thinking now; (impossible! right). That was my response too when I was first told. Why not find out for yourself by joining us in any of our online meetings via WhatsApp.

Click on this link if you would love to be a part of today's meeting

https:///6UGmeNH3RZACI7n3Xvkaxw
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by bigpicture001: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
....thought the CBN spent billions in pursuit of cashless policy across the country..
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
tyokunbo:
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/24/frustration-as-atms-dispense-less-cash-in-ekiti-photos/

Commercial bank customers today decried lack of money in many Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) in Ado-Ekiti.

A Facebook User Merry Triple A Adeola shared photos about banking operations this morning. She wrote, "Cashless Christmas: Frustration, anguish as ATMs dispense less cash... This is a true picture of #IStandwithBuhari"

Photos
was actualy in that first banl branch in sapele road in benin city during the summer when i was in nigeria..that link be like election day things..
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by vickysomtee: 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
 UNN updates more names to the 2016 supplementary admission list
http://www.ngschoolgists.com/2016/12/unn-updates-more-names-to-2016.html?m=1
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by brainhgeek(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
would someone be nice enough to spread the news that ATMs have crashed if they could spread the news that MMM crashed?

1 Like

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by fellom(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
una own even better KEYSTONE BANK SYSTEM DONE CRASH SINCE FRIDAY NIGHT UP TILL NOW ITS STILL DOWN! USELESS BANK.
tyokunbo:

Photos
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by TheSociopath(m): 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
1wolex85:

What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.

You're right. We need the CBN to implement such. Even the use of USSD code to transfer money is largely unknown among the populace. If only...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by yedidiah(m): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
IYANGBALI:
your early plans reach five thousand naira?
you wan borrow from me. or you wan add to it?
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by princetom1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
VickyRotex:

lmao! I see. Why iz you velzing angry

That's how i smile, especially if the person is a beautiful lady

1 Like

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by agrovick(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Benefits of tidying up your biz before rush hour
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Tobium1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
All you fake bloggers and media houses should come out and speak about this frustrating queue at bank atms oo. Abi haff de banks also crashed??
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by ojialo(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Monimatic:
same thing is happening in Lagos,

lot of queue at ATMs across Lagos
here in Onitsha the story is the same! with one or no machine dispensing
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Queeneen(f): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
same here in Akwa Ibom! the country is doom
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Egbi2020: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
afrokid:
I experienced this thing last Sunday. Almost all the banks in the whole Ado-Ekiti had no cash? Why is the CBN keeping silent on this?

CBN is the cause of the cash shortages in circulation. it is not the fault of any these banks.
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by BOLAUWA: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mmm saw this cash crunch coming, and they avoided it to keep d system going, but cbn and nigerians and other organisations were laffing. Nw, banks in nigeria can be said to have crashed too, and this is worse than mmm. Lesson learnt is dt remove d broomstick from ur eye bfor attempting to remove d tree from ur neighbours eye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by modaink333: 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
Your own needs panel beating, filling and painting..........
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by FrenchyL(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
ibietela2:
Across the fucking Country.

Here in PH too

I was un PH a few weeks ago and i hated thé ATM expérience. No cash in them from Olu obasanjo to Trans Amadi and even Aba road.

I can only imagine what it is like now. Well its time to go #Cashless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Alvin007: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
I experienced this annoying Ish in Ado last week..went to Ado-Ekiti for a friend's wedding and I had to join the queue...waited there for about 3 hours until the ATM machine stopped dispensing. Drove round Ado-Ekiti, and all efforts to get a dispensing ATM machine proved abortive..I had to drive down to Akure around 8pm...to use the ATM. I pity the residents of the city.
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Brightology2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
oyb:
they should go and queue with santa fayose na

1 Like

Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Brightology2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Shiifi:
The poster above me was ur problem
shut thy Bleep up
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by Emmey67: 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
EARNING BITCOIN CONSTANTLY
This is for those that want to earn bitcoin constantly making it their source of income.
Requirements :
Regularly be online for 2hrs a day
Have a bitcoin wallet.
Have a little amount of bitcoin $24
No referral is needed.
No downlines is needed.
Ready to take action immediately.

If you are prepared for the task Chat me up on whatapp, 07039575096 so you can be added to the group.
just 50 person needed.

You will be able to withdraw from your bitcoin earning directly to your bank account.

Chat me up and I will show you prove of earning.

Please note: Only Those that met the requirements.

Thanks
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by montezz(f): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
youngaz:
Dis one is "Dispensing less" U're still complainingcheesy ....come to Okuku in Osun...it'll be "Unable to dispense"grin
Ilesa too. I will rather wait until Jan 2 or thereabout cos this is too frustrating and risky.
Re: Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) by IYANGBALI: 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
yedidiah:
you wan borrow from me. or you wan add to it?
I wan thief am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers / Elite Solar Kiosk To Enhance Opportunities For Small Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.