Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (5686 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
I'm Abass Toriola, a seasoned Nigerian Internet marketer. For more than a year now, I've been consistently earning some decent monthly income via the Amazon Affiliate Program. As of present, I earn nothing less than $2,000 monthly from the program through 4 or 5 niche sites I created solely for the purpose of promoting Amazon products. The oldest of the sites (which earns the most income) was created in April 2015, and the newest, which earned just around $100 last month was created four months ago (August 2016).

Just yesterday, I stumbled on another good keyword, and I thought of creating a new niche site around it. Although the main keyword attracts just about 210 monthly searches, it's a buyer keyword with far more searches for its "non-buyer" version. I did a keyword research, and I found a good number of promising secondary keywords related to the main keyword. I thought that was a good opportunity for me to expand my portfolio of Amazon niche sites.

Without wasting time, I opened Namecheap.com to check the availability of some related domain names, and I found a good one that is more or less an exact match domain. Although the .com and .net versions of the domain name were no longer available, I was able to find the .org version, which was still available. I paid the current promo price of just $3.00 for the domain name.

My aim with this journey is to create a site that would start earning at least $100 monthly within 6-8 months. I'll update this thread with every practical step I take towards the attainment of this goal.

I don't intend to use this medium to teach the theory basics of how to create an Amazon niche site or how to make money from the Amazon affiliate program. Those topics have already been beaten to death all over the web and a simple web search around either topic would reveal lots of detailed resources that would teach you all you need to know.

Here, I'll only be detailing the practical steps I take, so you understand the practical obligations involved. I'll also answer questions related to making money online through the Amazon affiliate program and creating niche sites.

Hey, wait before you activate your bulls.hit detector. I'm not selling anything here. I'm only here to show, motivate, and clarify.

Some important things to note about the Amazon Affiliate Program:

1. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme. Even with my experience, I'm not aiming to start making money before six months of consistent hard work. But the good thing is, once you start earning, it's an autopilot thing.

2. You need solid writing skills, as you would be promoting Amazon products to the US audience (not Nigerians). And you'll be writing very long posts to stand a good chance of ranking well in search engines. I'm talking about 1,500 to 2,000-word long posts -- not those 500-word articles that everyone slaps up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Afam4eva(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Even though i know you want to sell your Ebook, i really like your approach. You sound intelligent and wel grouunded in Amazon affiliate marketing. It's not like others that you will just tell they've not made one naira from Affiliate marketing but want to selll an ebook on how to make it in Affiliate marketing.

1 Like

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
Afam4eva:
Even though i know you want to sell your Ebook, i really like your approach. You sound intelligent and wel grouunded in Amazon affiliate marketing. It's not like others that you will just tell they've not made one naira from Affiliate marketing but want to selll an ebook on how to make it in Affiliate marketing.
There you go, bro. I clearly stated in my post that I'm not selling anything. So, don't expect me to sell or promote any ebook. And that's why I said information on the topic abounds on the web, and a simple web search would reveal everything worth knowing to the proactive individual.

See, rather than write an ebook that won't fetch me up to N250,000 in one year, I'd channel my time and energy into Amazon product review sites or posts that will fetch me much more going forward. Besides, the Nigerian market sucks like sh.it.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by SunFlow(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
you really great Mr Abass. your E-book i downloaded 3 years ago greatly helped my blogging journey. As funny as it may sound, i opened hread where i gave a download link for upcoming bloggers to download your E-book from my site. Thanks and God bless
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
SunFlow:
you really great Mr Abass. your E-book i downloaded 3 years ago greatly helped my blogging journey. As funny as it may sound, i opened hread where i gave a download link for upcoming bloggers to download your E-book from my site. Thanks and God bless
Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad my ebook was of help to you.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by SunFlow(m): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
webincomeplus:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad my ebook was of help to you.

grin grin
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by hahn(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
We are watching

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Encrypted: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Great! I'm also an affiliate markerter in Nigeria. I make no less than 300k/month from one of my blogs targeting Nigeria. Made over 1.5million Naira on 2016 Jumia black friday & over $1k dollars from Adsense that month (November 2016)

I started amazon affiliate in August 2016. Launched my first niche site that month and so far so good! Yesterday , The site crossed 100 visitors / day mark , and has made $63 so far this month.

Last week , i also launched another niche site that is going to be my biggest project in 2017. I'm really looking forward to 2017 and can't wait to cross the 1.5milion naira / month target i set for myself before the end of 2017.

Looking forward to updates on your site's progress.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Encrypted: 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
I made 1.4million naira on the 25th of November 2016. Jumia Affiliate Program

2 Likes

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Benjom(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
Abass, I must seriously thank you for what you're doing. Only God can repay you adequately for the amount of free knowledge you've dished out and I guess He's already doing that judging from your recent successful online escapades.

I've been following you bumper to bumper since late 2014 and usually advise those interested in online business to go digest everything on your blog from the earliest topics to the latest. I happen to know some of your websites/blogs including "NGFR" and Webincomeplus which I've read inside out. It was actually Webincomeplus that informed the creation of the website I presently run (out of passion). I had to resign from my full time job when I noticed "Exceptional CV" was bringing in more money than my monthly salary grin. I became interested in Affiliate Marketing especially when I read about Ife (one of your mentees) where he sold one of his sites that was just a year old and generating $300 to $350 for $4750 within a year and interestingly, it was a repeated success.

Although, I thought you were making it really big with NGFR but your success story with Affiliate Marketing is awesome even though I don't know any of those sites generating those stupendous passive funds for you (abi make I PM you to receive them privately so as to study them? I will only apply the ideas to different niche I'm passionate about just as I did with Exceptional CV grin grin grin ).

Sometimes I wonder if you'll be able to sustain your medical line cos I see you, within the next 10 years, soaring higher with the likes of those amazing online marketing gurus - Neil Patel and Pat Flynn. Now, I believe that the more people you pull, the more you rise. I seriously hope to share my success stories too soonest.

Definitely following this thread.

1 Like

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Tolzeal(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Good Luck on your Journey mate smiley
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by dgbanj: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
For those interested in starting affiliate marketing, I found this video very helpful https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS61bnA8OMb8ACd09a7Pq0-De_Ora3czt

1 Like

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Encrypted:
Great! I'm also an affiliate markerter in Nigeria. I make no less than 300k/month from one of my blogs targeting Nigeria. Made over 1.5million Naira on 2016 Jumia black friday & over $1k dollars from Adsense that month (November 2016)

I started amazon affiliate in August 2016. Launched my first niche site that month and so far so good! Yesterday , The site crossed 100 visitors / day mark , and has made $63 so far this month.

Last week , i also launched another niche site that is going to be my biggest project in 2017. I'm really looking forward to 2017 and can't wait to cross the 1.5milion naira / month target i set for myself before the end of 2017.

Looking forward to updates on your site's progress.

Cheers.
Thanks for revealing those motivating figures. You can as well consider revealing your strategies for making huge commissions on Jumia to other Nigerians who are striving to make legitimate income online. By helping others this way, you'll be able to open more doors of success for yourself.

I wish you all the best in your bid to cross the 1.5million naira/month mark in 2017.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Benjom:
Abass, I must seriously thank you for what you're doing. Only God can repay you adequately for the amount of free knowledge you've dished out and I guess He's already doing that judging from your recent successful online escapades.

I've been following you bumper to bumper since late 2014 and usually advise those interested in online business to go digest everything on your blog from the earliest topics to the latest. I happen to know some of your websites/blogs including "NGFR" and Webincomeplus which I've read inside out. It was actually Webincomeplus that informed the creation of the website I presently run (out of passion). I had to resign from my full time job when I noticed "Exceptional CV" was bringing in more money than my monthly salary grin. I became interested in Affiliate Marketing especially when I read about Ife (one of your mentees) where he sold one of his sites that was just a year old and generating $300 to $350 for $4750 within a year and interestingly, it was a repeated success.

Although, I thought you were making it really big with NGFR but your success story with Affiliate Marketing is awesome even though I don't know any of those sites generating those stupendous passive funds for you (abi make I PM you to receive them privately so as to study them? I will only apply the ideas to different niche I'm passionate about just as I did with Exceptional CV grin grin grin ).

Sometimes I wonder if you'll be able to sustain your medical line cos I see you, within the next 10 years, soaring higher with the likes of those amazing online marketing gurus - Neil Patel and Pat Flynn. Now, I believe that the more people you pull, the more you rise. I seriously hope to share my success stories too on your enviable site.

Definitely following this thread.
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad I was able to motivate and help through my blog. As for my plans regarding medicine, I don't see myself bothering myself with residency and the like. The best I'll do is set up a private practice which I'll either work minimally in or hire other doctors to run while I play a supervisory role. But only time will tell.

As for NGFR, the site is still raking in about $1000 per month from Google Adsense. But earning through one source doesn't stop you from exploring others. I've cracked the codes of Adsense and Amazon Affiliate marketing. Once I'm done with affiliate marketing, I'll move on to private label product sales through Amazon FBA.

2 Likes

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
Tolzeal:
Good Luck on your Journey mate smiley

Thanks, bro.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
UPDATE 1

I've now completed the WordPress installation for the new site. I already have a hosting plan with Hostgator that allows me to host and run "unlimited" number of websites, so I didn't have to purchase a new hosting plan.

I've also installed some important plugins on the site. These include: All-in-one SEO pack, Jetpack, Akismet, Easy Azon, PS Auto Site Map, Table of Contents Plus, WP Super Cache, and Google Analytics Head.

For easy and effective tracking of the site's traffic and other important metrics, I linked the new site to my Google Analytics account.

Finally, I created the About, Contact, and Site Map pages -- all still blank for now.

3 Likes

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Tolzeal(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2016
Yo bro .. Send me link for Namecheap 3$ coupon sales grin
Make I gather them lol
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 3:12am On Dec 27, 2016
Tolzeal:
Yo bro .. Send me link for Namecheap 3$ coupon sales grin
Make I gather them lol
No coupon link. That's what they charge presently for a .org domain. Just place your order, and you'll be charged the promo amount. No need to enter a coupon code.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by SunFlow(m): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2016
Oga Toriola good morning to you. Am still wondering if I can make such huge amount of money from my education site.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2016
UPDATE 2

I published the home page article -- a 2,800-word detailed buyer's guide on the product I'm promoting with the site. The article took me two days to complete, and I really took my time to ensure it was well written. Americans hate crappy writing, and once they find a site with badly written content, they distrust it. I don't want that for my site, of course.

I also ensured that the article was well optimized for the target keywords. All on-page optimization techniques were well implemented.

I quickly installed the Tablepress plugin, which enabled me to add a comparison table to the home page guide.

I linked added the new site to my Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) account. By doing this, I was able to geotarget the site to the United States. This is my way of telling Google that the site is targeted at American users. Subsequently, Google will favour the site in searches done from America. Secondly, I submitted the new site to Google for indexing using the "Fetch as Google" option in Search Console.

3 Likes

Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Benjom(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2016
webincomeplus:

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad I was able to motivate and help through my blog. As for my plans regarding medicine, I don't see myself bothering myself with residency and the like. The best I'll do is set up a private practice which I'll either work minimally in or hire other doctors to run while I play a supervisory role. But only time will tell.

As for NGFR, the site is still raking in about $1000 per month from Google Adsense. But earning through one source doesn't stop you from exploring others. I've cracked the codes of Adsense and Amazon Affiliate marketing. Once I'm done with affiliate marketing, I'll move on to private label product sales through Amazon FBA.

Wow... It can only get better.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Tolzeal(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2016
webincomeplus:

No coupon link. That's what they charge presently for a .org domain. Just place your order, and you'll be charged the promo amount. No need to enter a coupon code.

Oh .org i see... Don't you think having a gTLDS should be priority for related task ?

You want authority ASAP ....

Good luck on your journey anyways !

I'm following b2b ....

Your write your contents yourself wow... That's a great plus bro
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Benjom(m): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
webincomeplus:
UPDATE 1

I've now completed the WordPress installation for the new site. I already have a hosting plan with Hostgator that allows me to host and run "unlimited" number of websites, so I didn't have to purchase a new hosting plan.

I've also installed some important plugins on the site. These include: All-in-one SEO pack, Jetpack, Akismet, Easy Azon, PS Auto Site Map, Table of Contents Plus, WP Super Cache, and Google Analytics Head.

For easy and effective tracking of the site's traffic and other important metrics, I linked the new site to my Google Analytics account.

Finally, I created the About, Contact, and Site Map pages -- all still blank for now.

Why did you choose 'All-in-One SEO Pack' over 'Yoast SEO'? I thought the latter is more flexible to use. More so, the online community seems to agree with this.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Blogtrovert(f): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
This is cool, wish to learn one or two things...
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by writers100(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by donsijemichael: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2016
webincomeplus:

sir abt to host my site kindly post ur blog address so that I can read through I am new and desperate here thanks
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Frankicent(m): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Encrypted:
I made 1.4million naira on the 25th of November 2016. Jumia Affiliate Program

Wood OMG I can't believe my eye... bro which niche you into? Entertainment
2: how long has your niche been online?
3: How come you made this much damn...so cool...
I need answer cause am currently running two niche blog with .com domain.
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Frankicent(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bro you need tooPlz help me out... seriously I really do need your help. Could we talk on whatsapp? Plz
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by Frankicent(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
webincomeplus:
UPDATE 2

I published the home page article -- a 2,800-word detailed buyer's guide on the product I'm promoting with the site. The article took me two days to complete, and I really took my time to ensure it was well written. Americans hate crappy writing, and once they find a site with badly written content, they distrust it. I don't want that for my site, of course.

I also ensured that the article was well optimized for the target keywords. All on-page optimization techniques were well implemented.

I quickly installed the Tablepress plugin, which enabled me to add a comparison table to the home page guide.

I linked added the new site to my Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) account. By doing this, I was able to geotarget the site to the United States. This is my way of telling Google that the site is targeted at American users. Subsequently, Google will favour the site in searches done from America. Secondly, I submitted the new site to Google for indexing using the "Fetch as Google" option in Search Console.

Following plz continue
Re: My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) by webincomeplus(m): 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
UP.DATE 3

Please don't mind the way I fragmented many words with periods. The bots have banned me thrice (24 hours on each occasion) for posting this, and I don't know which words exactly triggered the ban.

1. I pu.blished ano.ther rev.iew (1500 wo.rds lo.ng and w.ell op.timized for SERPs with affil.iate lin.ks included).

2. I immediately submitted the new post to Go.ogle for fas.ter inde.xing.

3. I changed the the.me from the def.ault Word.Press Twe.nty Six.teen the.me to one pre.mium the.me I got from MyTh.eme.Shop a couple of months ago.

4. I des.igned a sim.ple hea.der lo.go for the bl.og, but I later dis.carded it because I pref.erred a hea.der te.xt fo.nt I found in the the.me.

5. The twea.ked the the.me to imp.rove the bl.og's appe.arance -- simple but cool.

6. I added cate.gories based on the types of products I intend revi.ewing on the si.te.

7. I added an affi.liate discla.imer to the side.bar. This is in line with Ama.zon's terms and conditions for parti.cipants in their aff.iliate prog.ram.

8. I outsourced 3 new posts to a freelance writer. Due to my tight schedule, I can't singlehandedly write all the contents I need. So, I do outsource some of them to very good writers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? / Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre / EXPOSED: How To Host Your Sites On A Free VPS From Amazon AWS (613mb RAM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.