Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? (25993 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by dboss444: 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
pappy4real:
This might be long but please read to the end and offer advice. Good morning folks, a merry Christmas to you all.
I've been thinking a lot about what I can do about the current situation I'm facing.
For starters, in 2014 I was working with a popular liquor factory in sango ota as a contract staff. There, I earned guaranteed minimum wage of 18k but always boost that up to between 32k and 36k monthly with over time. I got daily meal vouchers worth #520, free transport to and fro with end of the month allocation of our products.
The job was difficult but it was doable plus the promise of being staffed was present.
In January of 2015, my aunt from lagos asked me to quit the job as she felt she could get me a better offer with her tenant who is into IT since I'm computer literate and very intelligent with an OND result.
She believes in me that I deserve better than waste away by drinking my life away in a liquor production environment.
I agreed with her and she took me to her tenant who fixed an appointment for me for an interview.
I attended the interview and afterwards the man asked me to start work the following month which was February.
February came and when I was supposed to resume, I called him and he asked me to resume the following week as he wasn't around.
In a nutshell, I resumed on the 9th o February 2015. It was a hospital in lekki. My boss designs medical software and I have to resume in any location where there's job.
I waited endlessly for an appointment letter, I'D card, remuneration bargain and other binding documents.
Need I say that I'm still waiting for all of that till date even though it's almost 2yrs already.
End of February came and while we were there, he sent me on an errand and said something like, let me look for something for you for the month.
Before I returned from the errand I received an alert of 40k from him. I thought that was because I didn't start working from the beginning of the month.
I accepted gladly and hoped for improvement subsequently but till date nothing has happened.
I tried coping with the job and I had to leave my residence (which was my church) in sango for my family house in shogunle.
Logistics was Killing my pay but I tried hard to cope against all odds.
Later on we had a job at NNPC mosimi shagamu and on getting there, after showing us what to do, my boss paid for weekly accommodation there and nothing more. This means my colleague and i had to resume at shagamu on Mondays and leave on Fridays without any form of compensation whatsoever.
I still coped cos I liked the environment.
After a few months of working in sagamu, my boss transferred me back to lagos but this time to falomo police hospital. Still no compensation for logistics at all.
I finished the job in falomo at record time and was moved to ikeja police college. That was a relief to me cos it's much closer to my house.
I did a good job there too and was moved back to mosimi shagamu but this time he didn't provide accommodation so he paid to and fro transportation fare and nothing more.
He later moved me to another private hospital in arowojobe estate of Maryland with no provisions at all.
The laptop I was working with developed a certain issue and I informed him. He didn't replace it till date.
After sometime he complained that my colleague and I were being idle and he couldn't continue to keep us when there are jobs to do outside lagos.
I reminded him of dynamism and my ability to speak English, yoruba and hausa fluently.
He then concluded that we should resume at jaja clinic UI ibadan from the next day which was in october.
Apart from accommodation and transportation he still didn't provide any other allowance for us.
The last straw that broke the camel's back was when he said our next stop was kaduna.
I asked him severally what the nature of job I kaduna would be like but he constantly declined answers until we got to kaduna. Need I say that he flew to kaduna while we were confined to a 16hrs road trip to kaduna.
On getting to kaduna very late on the 7th of November I called my boss severally but to no avail. He later called and asked me to pay our hotel bill for the night and he'll reimburse me.
Before 7am, he knocked the hotel room, handed me the money for the room and left.
Now my question is, since he didn't make any arrangements or provisions for us before leaving lagos, what would have happened if I hadn't left lagos with up to 6k?
On getting to national eye centre kaduna the next day and seeing how large and long our job would be there, he made arrangements with the locals to give us accommodation in one of the hospital's lodges.
He gave us a #600 per day lodge which I later found out the original cost was #200 per day. Th inhumane conditions we had to cope with in that lodge is story for another day.
After 3days in the lodge, with cost of feeding so high and my resources almost completely drained, my colleague and I decided to reason with my boss that it would be more economical to buy stuff and prepare meals.
He agreed with us and when he was leaving that weekend he gave us 8k to buy stove, pots, plates and food stuff.
We managed and bought some things, but colleague and I added our personal money to buy food stuff.
The following weekend we went short on resources so my colleague mailed him to inform him but then his response was jaw dropping.
He responded that he regretted assisting us with the 8k stating that it's not his obligation to cater for our logistics.
I became furious and sent him a mail stating that I wasn't ready to add hunger to the harsh conditions I was contending with already up north and he replied me that by the end of November he'll send our tfare back to lagos.
He sent 14k to us and tfare was 15k. He didn't pay me my November salary until the 16th. In his mail, he asked me to await his instructions on arrival to lagos but he hasn't even called or messaged me since my arrival from kaduna on the 1st of December.
I decided never to reach out to him but after multiple pleas from friends and folks, I mailed him and he hasn't replied.
I've not been paid for December and being someone with multiple obligations I'm trying hard not to take any irrational decision.
Please friends and family need your advice.
All comments would be appreciated.
Please pardon any errors, it could be due to auto-correct

If I were you I would HV used that opportunity to learn the biz of ur boss very well cos he gets client learn d biz and be his competitor dat is d best way 4 revenge
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by Ezionye(f): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
OP seems to be very intelligent and hardworking with lots of experience.

Dust up your CV and begin to apply

U may not leave the job yet rather use it to get contacts. You may eventually work directly with those hospitals you've done jobs for as far ad you are good.

Goodluck
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by pappy4real(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
mentorandfriend:
The story is incoherent. What was your salary, or you really meant you worked for two whole years just for transport fare to project locations, feeding change, money to buy stoves and coking utensils, money for lodging in project locations, etc.

I think the man may not be as bad as you're trying to paint him if you had a sizeable salary which you have refused to state in your write up. Cheers.
I'm not even painting any pic of him. I've tried to rid my write up of any form of hatred hence I've only spoken of his most bearable acts.
U don't ever understand what we go through in the hand of these private employees until you have an encounter with them.
Plus I clearly stated my salary in the write up

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by tochivitus(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
hmm I will say this, shit happens but part of this is ya fault sorry to say, u should have insisted for your appointment letter or no Deal, no matter how much he is gonna pay you and he ain't give u appointment letter, that's to say he has been using u All this while knowing fully well that even if he say he ain't paying you u ain't got no case against him as he didn't employ u, legally. just take things easy and talk to people to talk to him, u never know he might pay u, and ASAP start searching for another job.
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by Boyooosa(m): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
@op, am sorry i cant read all this thing. my advice is that 'everything will be okay'
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by Elhabeeb1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Start searching for another job ASAP!
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by RealityShot: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
mentorandfriend:
The story is incoherent. What was your salary, or you really meant you worked for two whole years just for transport fare to project locations, feeding change, money to buy stoves and coking utensils, money for lodging in project locations, etc.

I think the man may not be as bad as you're trying to paint him if you had a sizeable salary which you have refused to state in your write up. Cheers.
40k...salary/monthly tips
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by marvelyole(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
For him joor and move on
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by mentorandfriend(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
RealityShot:
40k...salary/monthly tips
Oh dear. That was unfair.
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by Stemalex(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
Monalisa185:
now that was damn long...

Take his name to okija shrine

so you are into spiritism undecided
Monalisa185:
now that was damn long...

Take his name to okija shrine

so you are into spiritism
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by mannerkojak(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2016
I would have suggested suing him to court for abusing you, but because there no legal document (employment letter) what so ever that can not be done. To me you need to let go,is part of life experience. [b][/b]
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by tochivitus(m): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2016
mannerkojak:
I would have suggested suing him to court for abusing you, but because there no legal document (employment letter) what so ever that can not be done. To me you need to let go,is part of life experience. [b][/b]

in this case, the court ain't gonna help out, because there is no legal backings indicating that the op is working under him, as appointment letter wasn't given describing the terms and conditions of the employment.
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by Monalisa185(f): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Stemalex:

so you are into spiritism undecided

so you are into spiritism

lol..into physicalism grin
Re: What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? by whoisuche: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
pappy4real:
This might be long but please read to the end and offer advice. Good morning folks, a merry Christmas to you all.
I've been thinking a lot about what I can do about the current situation I'm facing.
For starters, in 2014 I was working with a popular liquor factory in sango ota as a contract staff. There, I earned guaranteed minimum wage of 18k but always boost that up to between 32k and 36k monthly with over time. I got daily meal vouchers worth #520, free transport to and fro with end of the month allocation of our products.
The job was difficult but it was doable plus the promise of being staffed was present.
In January of 2015, my aunt from lagos asked me to quit the job as she felt she could get me a better offer with her tenant who is into IT since I'm computer literate and very intelligent with an OND result.
She believes in me that I deserve better than waste away by drinking my life away in a liquor production environment.
I agreed with her and she took me to her tenant who fixed an appointment for me for an interview.
I attended the interview and afterwards the man asked me to start work the following month which was February.
February came and when I was supposed to resume, I called him and he asked me to resume the following week as he wasn't around.
In a nutshell, I resumed on the 9th o February 2015. It was a hospital in lekki. My boss designs medical software and I have to resume in any location where there's job.
I waited endlessly for an appointment letter, I'D card, remuneration bargain and other binding documents.
Need I say that I'm still waiting for all of that till date even though it's almost 2yrs already.
End of February came and while we were there, he sent me on an errand and said something like, let me look for something for you for the month.
Before I returned from the errand I received an alert of 40k from him. I thought that was because I didn't start working from the beginning of the month.
I accepted gladly and hoped for improvement subsequently but till date nothing has happened.
I tried coping with the job and I had to leave my residence (which was my church) in sango for my family house in shogunle.
Logistics was Killing my pay but I tried hard to cope against all odds.
Later on we had a job at NNPC mosimi shagamu and on getting there, after showing us what to do, my boss paid for weekly accommodation there and nothing more. This means my colleague and i had to resume at shagamu on Mondays and leave on Fridays without any form of compensation whatsoever.
I still coped cos I liked the environment.
After a few months of working in sagamu, my boss transferred me back to lagos but this time to falomo police hospital. Still no compensation for logistics at all.
I finished the job in falomo at record time and was moved to ikeja police college. That was a relief to me cos it's much closer to my house.
I did a good job there too and was moved back to mosimi shagamu but this time he didn't provide accommodation so he paid to and fro transportation fare and nothing more.
He later moved me to another private hospital in arowojobe estate of Maryland with no provisions at all.
The laptop I was working with developed a certain issue and I informed him. He didn't replace it till date.
After sometime he complained that my colleague and I were being idle and he couldn't continue to keep us when there are jobs to do outside lagos.
I reminded him of dynamism and my ability to speak English, yoruba and hausa fluently.
He then concluded that we should resume at jaja clinic UI ibadan from the next day which was in october.
Apart from accommodation and transportation he still didn't provide any other allowance for us.
The last straw that broke the camel's back was when he said our next stop was kaduna.
I asked him severally what the nature of job I kaduna would be like but he constantly declined answers until we got to kaduna. Need I say that he flew to kaduna while we were confined to a 16hrs road trip to kaduna.
On getting to kaduna very late on the 7th of November I called my boss severally but to no avail. He later called and asked me to pay our hotel bill for the night and he'll reimburse me.
Before 7am, he knocked the hotel room, handed me the money for the room and left.
Now my question is, since he didn't make any arrangements or provisions for us before leaving lagos, what would have happened if I hadn't left lagos with up to 6k?
On getting to national eye centre kaduna the next day and seeing how large and long our job would be there, he made arrangements with the locals to give us accommodation in one of the hospital's lodges.
He gave us a #600 per day lodge which I later found out the original cost was #200 per day. Th inhumane conditions we had to cope with in that lodge is story for another day.
After 3days in the lodge, with cost of feeding so high and my resources almost completely drained, my colleague and I decided to reason with my boss that it would be more economical to buy stuff and prepare meals.
He agreed with us and when he was leaving that weekend he gave us 8k to buy stove, pots, plates and food stuff.
We managed and bought some things, but colleague and I added our personal money to buy food stuff.
The following weekend we went short on resources so my colleague mailed him to inform him but then his response was jaw dropping.
He responded that he regretted assisting us with the 8k stating that it's not his obligation to cater for our logistics.
I became furious and sent him a mail stating that I wasn't ready to add hunger to the harsh conditions I was contending with already up north and he replied me that by the end of November he'll send our tfare back to lagos.
He sent 14k to us and tfare was 15k. He didn't pay me my November salary until the 16th. In his mail, he asked me to await his instructions on arrival to lagos but he hasn't even called or messaged me since my arrival from kaduna on the 1st of December.
I decided never to reach out to him but after multiple pleas from friends and folks, I mailed him and he hasn't replied.
I've not been paid for December and being someone with multiple obligations I'm trying hard not to take any irrational decision.
Please friends and family need your advice.
All comments would be appreciated.
Please pardon any errors, it could be due to auto-correct

Put it in prayer move on God will see you through, don't pray bad prayer for him. Ask God to take control.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Men Electrocuted In Kaduna While Working On A Streetlight / Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny / IPPIS: Joe Abah On "How Ghost Workers Exist In Public Institutions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.