Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Delta (and Rivers) Igbos - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (58677 Views)

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2017
3)"The writings of Physics MD is nteresting but it is
the mind set of many Benin people tribalism.At
least Bokohalal tries to be conciliatory with his
remarks and the likes of hysics Md thinks they can
re-write what is history, So if the people of Benin
were so protective like your grand father , wht did
they not counter the claims of the Anioma people
when it was brought to the Oputa panel in 2000, At
least with all of these eveidence you claim was the
fact on griund it would been enough evidence to
dismiss such "irresponsible claims" The people
ther at least claimed they were eye witnesses to
what happened and they were demanding
compensation, The Benin massacre as I call it was
real.Over 1,000 Anioma civilians were killed and as
you rightly noted they were also killings of Anioma
people(not Igbo as u claim ) in such towns like
Sapele and Warri.Because of our Midwestern
background it becomes easier to prey at us
because geographically , we were not Biafrans thus
when the genocide against Igbos occured we just
became the first victims.In my home town Igbodo,
tens were killed and the town almost entirely
demolished.The town was in days engulfed with the
stench of decomposing human remains.It was that
bad.Our Obi was mocked and asked to kneel down
to beg for the lives of his people(over 200 of them
who were lined up for killing by the federal
troops).These people were civilians.In the North,
they killed thousands of Igbos Anioma people
included, the best and brightest amongst us.One
Chief Osadebe, a business magnate and title holder
in Jos was killed and vast properties carted
away.In Bauchi one of the siblings of Nduka Okoh
who was to become the Acting VC of UNIBEN was
killed and now Benin, they killed many of our
people and called us "Ovbigbo".One Offor, a school
proprietor in my hometown was killed in Benin,
there was a case of a man who travelled to Benin
to buy milling machine for maize who was killed as
well after being exposed by those who he was
suppose to buy the machine from as "Ovbigbo"
there was even a sad case of a man who just went
to my home town to arrange for his marriage and
was killed after being exposed by his neighbours
as an Igbo man.
4)In my family close relative via marriage and a
civil servant then in the Ministry of Justice in the
course of the crisis sent his wife and children to
the village .But he stayed put.I dont know why but
the reports I got was that there was a rampant
looting of properties held by Anioma people by the
indigenes.This claim is not far fetched.The Anioma
to this day have always because of their superior
level of education had dominated the civil service
and somehow had enjoyed a higher standard of
living which must have been a source of envy and
admiration of theri Benin hosts.Of course , when
the problems came , it was the right opportunity for
those with siniter intents to strike.My relative was
a victim.His landlord along Cooke road then one
Bright(as he calls him ) unknown to him called a
group of the federal troops to his house where he
said an Igbo was residing.this was a man that
dines with him and helps occassionally in
finance.When he heard funny sounds he quickly
dashed to an excellent hiding place and when the
troops stormed the apartment, they could not find
anybody.They accuse Bright of deceiving them,
Where is the Igbo man ? they asked and he told
they perhaps he might have escaped somehow,
Then the troops saw the dog kept by my relative
family and shot it dead.
5)When , he was sure that the murderous federal
troops had left, at night , he quitely sneaked into
the bush.Benin was small and bushy those days
and from the bush after wandering from civilization
fro some days and in hunger, he stumbled an
Urhobo hunter in the Jesse axis , who took pity on
him , fed him and hid him in a camp in the
bush.Somehow, a villager from he hunters village
discovered him in the bush and went to the village
and told them that their relative had hidden an Igbo
man in the bush.They got to the site with the intent
to perhaps kill the helpless man but lest they knew,
that the hunter who was aware of their evil plans
quickly got to where he hid my relative and told
him what would be his fate if he does not leave
there.My relative told him, he was from the Agbor
area and pleaded with him to show him the route
to the area.The hunter took him to what is now
Sakponba-Agbor road and asked him to go
straight.On his way, tired he encountered another
group of federal troops who captured him and
bundled him in a truck.He thought that was his
last.They brought him back to Benin and took him
to a refugee camp ran by the Red Cross.It was
there he heard that the systematic anihiliation of
Anioma people by their Benin hosts had stopped
because of the bad image it brought to the Govt of
Nigeria.Everywhere , were thousands of refugees of
Anioma origin, those who survived the onslaught
and without their properties.This is a true live story
and I am not into swearing but my God knows"..

Adapted from an Igbodo man post by the name Ogbuefi.

https://www.nairaland.com/458875/delta-igbo-bendel-igbo-what/16

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 12:48am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:
"It was this battle that gave birth to Murtala, a
“Local champion” called Ibrahim Haruna and
Ibrahim Taiwo of the Nigerian Army. Africans first
had the practical experience of the word
“genocide” in Igbodo where hundreds of lives were
lost in the Nigerian civil war. In Isheagu, the case
was not different. It was here that the ulterior
motive of the Nigerian troop clearly unfolded.
The people were now scampering for the safety of
their lives having experienced what happened in
Igbodo and some other places. In the Midwestern
region, able bodied men went into hiding leaving
women and children at the mercy of advancing
soldiers. The people of Benin went identifying their
Ibo-speaking neighbours from house to house for
executions."
BLOOD ON THE NIGER: THE FIRST BLACK ON
BLACK OCTOBER 1967 GENOCIDE OF ASABA
PEOPLE BY MURTALA, GOWON AND AWOLOWO

This is Emma Okocha, reminding the world of Edo atrocities towards Anioma.

I'm yet to see such book written against SE from bonafide Anioma people.

Cire80. You are shameless revealing your real Edo self in this your new Moniker. You goofed.

http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-history-biafra-midwest-invasion-1967-lessons-todays-geopolitics/#axzz4Z6LkFNZX

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night “suspected saboteurs” were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for “internal security”. Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick’s College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-history-biafra-midwest-invasion-1967-lessons-todays-geopolitics/#ixzz4aJGr54Ob

[b]n addition to the scourge and humiliation of the occupation itself, fleeing Biafran soldiers carried out all kinds of unspeakable acts of brutality against the local population (17, 18). At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a ‘scorched-earth’ trail of terror through Benin-West division (14).
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2017
Favor99:

http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-history-biafra-midwest-invasion-1967-lessons-todays-geopolitics/#axzz4Z6LkFNZX

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night “suspected saboteurs” were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for “internal security”. Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick’s College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-history-biafra-midwest-invasion-1967-lessons-todays-geopolitics/#ixzz4aJGr54Ob

[b]n addition to the scourge and humiliation of the occupation itself, fleeing Biafran soldiers carried out all kinds of unspeakable acts of brutality against the local population (17, 18). At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a ‘scorched-earth’ trail of terror through Benin-West division (14).
[/b]

Fabrications that non of the fabricators could prove that any of them happened. None Whatsoever!
They couldn't provide the name of the Biafran unit or commanders in charge of the unit that committed the phantom crimes they concocted to justify their murder of Anioma Igbos.

Even if we are to assume those lies and fabrications are true and happened and were committed by Igbos, how does that justify Edo massacre of Anioma people, who you want to tell us today are now Edos and no longer Igbos?

Hehe! You see how logic failed you?

Cire80 or is it favor99 now? Can't you see how you had cornered yourself into a self defeating argument?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 1:00am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:
Anioma are Edo brothers. Hehe! They migrated from Edo, even though they speak Igbo.

We remind them of how Edo people massacred Enu-ani people in Edo with help from the FG. Hehe!

They shift the goal post immediately, removing Enu-ani and hence Anioma from their lies.

"Ika and Ukwuani are Edo brothers they scream"!
We remind them that Ika people in Isheagu, Igbodo and Ekwuoma were also killed by FG with Edo help.

They shift the goal post again!

"Igbodo and Ekwuoma are not Ika enough"!

Hehe. pathetic bunch.

Didn't Onitsha Igbos migrate from Benin? They speak Igbo to. We know
for a fact the Igbo's from Onitsha come from Benin kingdom. So if they speak Igbo,
then it also makes sense why the Ika/Ukwuani's and Ndokwas speak Igbo as well.
Once again whether you want you want to hear it or not, Ikas/Ukwuanis and Ndokwa's know their
Benin ancestry and we love them, accept and embrace them as our own. You can spew all this nonsense, you want
about the Biafra War, it doesn't change the fact that they are Edo. Just leave them alone. They don't want anything
with Igbo, so respect their viewpoint.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:07am On Mar 04, 2017
Favor99:

Didn't Onitsha Igbos migrate from Benin? They speak Igbo to. We know
for a fact the Igbo's from Onitsha come from Benin kingdom. So if they speak Igbo,
then it also makes sense why the Ika/Ukwuani's and Ndokwas speak Igbo as well.
Once again whether you want you want to hear it or not, Ikas/Ukwuanis and Ndokwa's know their
Benin ancestry and we love them, accept and embrace them as our own. You can spew all this nonsense, you want
about the Biafra War, it doesn't change the fact that they are Edo. Just leave them alone. They don't want anything
with Igbo, so respect their viewpoint.

Does the name Eze Chime sound Edo to you? Cos that's the name of the father of founders of Onitsha and many other Western Igbo communities.

Eze Chime was an Igbo man who lived in Edoland, became too wealthy and prosperous so much that Edos got jealous and sought to kill him over frivolous excuse.

He ran for his life eastwards towards his Igbo homeland.

So, yes Onitsha migrated from Bini empire, but they were Igbos living in Bini empire.

So you have given up on your land grabbing of Enu-ani, it's now Ukwuani and Ika( minus Igbodo and Ekwuoma) right?

Oh! They should forget how you played a role in their massacre in 1966-70 and embrace you, so that you finish the good work you started, okwaya?

Lol! comedian.

Better log into your Cire80 handle and continue entertaining us. Clown!

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 1:19am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:

Fabrications that non of the fabricators could prove that any of them happened. None Whatsoever!
They couldn't provide the name of the Biafran unit or commanders in charge of the unit that committed the phantom crimes they concocted to justify their murder of Anioma Igbos.

Even if we are to assume those lies and fabrications are true and happened and were committed by Igbos, how does that justify Edo massacre of Anioma people, who you want to tell us today are now Edos and no longer Igbos?

Hehe! You see how logic failed you?

Cire80 or is it favor99 now? Can't you see how you had cornered yourself into a self defeating argument?
Of course, just go ahead and deny it. My as.s lol You just don't know how to accept the truth. You have a way
of filtering out the truth. Did your article name the Edo civilians that supposedly pointed out the Anioma civilians?
You have a problem of not wanting to accept anything thats contradictory to your false beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:25am On Mar 04, 2017
Favor99:

Of course, just go ahead and deny it. My as.s lol You just don't know how to accept the truth. You have a way
of filtering out the truth. Did your article name the Edo civilians that supposedly pointed out the Anioma civilians?
You have a problem of not wanting to accept anything thats contradictory to your false beliefs.

This is an imbecilic diversion, as far as I'm concerned.

We are not discussing the phantom atrocities that Biafrans supposedly did in mid west. There have been several threads on that already on NL where those your falsehoods were debunked.

The issue on discuss is the massacre of Anioma people, by Edo people, because they know Aniomas are Igbo, but would today turn around to claim non existing relationship with same people they massacred for being Igbos!

Hope I have reformated you now.

So, can you please stay on topic?

You can invite "the slimy Afonja" who have been viewing this thread as a guest, like a vulture hovers around a fresh corpse, to come and help you out. Hehe!

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 1:27am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:

Does the name Eze Chime sound Edo to you? Cos that's the name of the father of founders of Onitsha and many other Western Igbo communities.

Eze Chime was an Igbo man who lived in Edoland, became too wealthy and prosperous so much that Edos got jealous and sought to kill him over frivolous excuse.

He ran for his life eastwards towards his Igbo homeland.

So, yes Onitsha migrated from Bini empire, but they were Igbos living in Bini empire.

So you have given up on your land grabbing of Enu-ani, it's now Ukwuani and Ika( minus Igbodo and Ekwuoma) right?

Oh! They should forget how you played a role in their massacre in 1966-70 and embrace you, so that you finish the good work you started, okwaya?

Lol! comedian.

Better log into your Cire80 handle and continue entertaining us. Clown!
Land-grabbing? Really? They want to come to us, not you. Your grabbing the lands of the
Ika/Ukwuani's that do not to be with you guys. Speaking of land-grabbing, lets talk about Biafra.
The Istekiri's Uhrobo and Isoko's are not Igbo's but your grabbing their lands and their oil into Biafra.
Theres no way in he.l.l that they were in your made-up 15th century map. They are Edoids. But your grabbing their
lands and their oil into Biafra. They are not Igbos.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:29am On Mar 04, 2017
Favor99:

Land-grabbing? Really? They want to come to us, not you. Your grabbing the lands of the
Ika/Ukwuani's that do not to be with you guys. Speaking of land-grabbing, lets talk about Biafra.
The Istekiri's Uhrobo and Isoko's are not Igbo's but your grabbing their lands and their oil into Biafra.
Theres no way in he.l.l that they were in your made-up 15th century map. They are Edoids. But your grabbing their
lands and their oil into Biafra. They are not Igbos.

Lol! What is this? Is this supposed to be a post? Hehe!

You bore me with repeated trash! Say something new for once, Oga Cire80.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 1:34am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:

We are not discussing the phantom atrocities that Biafrans supposedly did in mid west. There have been several threads on that already on NL where those your falsehoods were debunked.

The issue on discuss is the massacre of Anioma people, by Edo people, because they know Aniomas are Igbo, but would today turn around to claim non existing relationship with same people they massacred for being Igbos!

You can invite "the slimy Afonja" who have been viewing this thread as a guest, like a vulture hovers around a fresh corpse, to come and help you out. Hehe!
Were talking about the midwest invasion of 1967, were talking about massacres right?
How Im I off topic?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:48am On Mar 04, 2017
Favor99:

Were talking about the midwest invasion of 1967, were talking about massacres right?
How Im I off topic?

Lol! Here is a thread on your phantom Biafran atrocities in Midwest.

Notice how Edoids and Afonjas were dealth with there and left clutching at straws, go there and knock yourself out: https://www.nairaland.com/2505533/attrocities-biafran-soldiers-during-civil/2

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:52am On Mar 04, 2017
The issue on discuss is the massacre of Anioma
people, by Edo people, because they know Aniomas
are Igbo, but would today turn around to claim non
existing relationship with same people they
massacred for being Igbos!

Cire80 aka Favor99.

The above is the issue of discussion.

How did the Igbos called Aniomas, the Edos killed in 1966-70 metamorphose into Edo people that speak Igbos today, and that the Edos now tell us are no longer Igbos to be massacred, but are now brothers to Edos?

Hehe!

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2017
Thanks favor99. Don't mind these confused Igbons.

They play dirty and they think I would ever descend to such low with them. They have the population and most of them are jobless so they create many monikers as different ethnicities. Now they're getting suspicious because this is what they do. Most times, they leave the real bone of contention and start talking irrelevant that just to bore you. God forbid that I would ever descend to such low levels over a nairaland argument.

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:34am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:
The issue on discuss is the massacre of Anioma
people, by Edo people, because they know Aniomas
are Igbo, but would today turn around to claim non
existing relationship with same people they
massacred for being Igbos!

Cire80 aka Favor99.

The above is the issue of discussion.

How did the Igbos called Aniomas, the Edos killed in 1966-70 metamorphose into Edo people that speak Igbos today, and that the Edos now tell us are no longer Igbos to be massacred, but are now brothers to Edos?

Hehe!
During the war, Ika people were shuttling from Benin to Onitsha buying and supplying salt, cigarettes, local snuffs and gun powder to the Igbos because of the big profits they were making. Do you know what saved them from the Nigerian Troops? Ika language.

I've heard tales from lots of people that engaged in such risky tales and they all recount their encounters at the hands of the Nigerian troops. When they are confronted by the Nigerian troops, they engage in interrogation sessions where they're asked many things especially their hometown. If they say they're Ika, the only license they have to life is to speak Ika language and they're saved. Murtala was so in love with Ika that there are Ika indigenes in all the companies.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2017
Pazienza weldone u r so much on point... You have dealt mercilessly with the twats... I was laffing at how they wea reeling like a drunk from the superior mental blows u r dishing out to them... God bless u bro.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2017
There is absolutely notin like ika language to someone who isn't Igbo and is sincere cos when u hear the ika dialect what comes to ur mind is dis is an Igbo person days if u r sincere to urself...
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Mar 04, 2017
Cire80:
During the war, Ika people were shuttling from Benin to Onitsha buying and supplying salt, cigarettes, local snuffs and gun powder to the Igbos because of the big profits they were making. Do you know what saved them from the Nigerian Troops? Ika language.

I've heard tales from lots of people that engaged in such risky tales and they all recount their encounters at the hands of the Nigerian troops. When they are confronted by the Nigerian troops, they engage in interrogation sessions where they're asked many things especially their hometown. If they say they're Ika, the only license they have to life is to speak Ika language and they're saved. Murtala was so in love with Ika that there are Ika indigenes in all the companies.
I can spot lies when i see one. How does someone who isn't Igbo or Ika now the difference between Igbo and Ika? Are you telling me that Nigerian soldiers who were mostly Northerners and Yorubas could tell when they hear Ika. Bros, abeg stop this lies. Children are reading these things.

Murtala Mohammed loved Ika indeed grin

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Chysler:
There is absolutely notin like ika language to someone who isn't Igbo and is sincere cos when u hear the ika dialect what comes to ur mind is dis is an Igbo person days if u r sincere to urself...
The same way a non Yoruba would immediately mistake Itsekiri as Igbo is the same way a non Igbo would mistake Ika for Igbo but this doesn't make Itsekiri Yoruba nor does it make Ika Igbo.

I heard the stories of what happened during the Civil War from seniors. Many of them were engaged in trading goods that were banned during the war. They all have one testimony. Ika saved them. There are many Anioma soldiers with the Nigerian troops. If you doubt this, take a night bus to Ika and verify. Interact with the indigenes and ask for civil war tales from old men.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
Afam4eva:

I can spot lies when i see one. How does someone who isn't Igbo or Ika now the difference between Igbo and Ika? Are you telling me that Nigerian soldiers who were mostly Northerners and Yorubas could tell when they hear Ika. Bros, abeg stop this lies. Children are reading these things.

Murtala Mohammed loved Ika indeed grin
many of my uncles fought for the federal troops. Stop arguing what you know nothing about. Go to any Ika community and ask about what happened during the Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
[/quote][quote author=Favor99 post=54250436]

The Ika and Ukwauni are constantly telling you you guys that there not Igbo. But you guys won't listen, you keep forcing yourselves on them even though they are telling you they're not. Just leave them be! During the Midwest invasion of the Biafra war Igbo soldiers were killing and raping hundreds and hundreds maybe in the thousands of Edo people. The Igbo soldiers indiscriminately shot and killed and abused innocent thousands of Edo civilians.

You Bini Pple I font know y u take so much pride in using lies, hypothetical lies to comfort and deceive yourselves.
Currently I have 5 Delta igbos working under me and we all converse in central Igbo here in Abuja wen is solely us and they identify with Igbo... One is kwale by name osemeke... Two are Asaba n u can't even knw until they tel u, u wil tink they r anambra,. ..two are Agbor by name ijeamaka.. And Ngbakor.. .. Let a referendum be conducted Thr today and u Bini witches will be totally humiliated

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Eke40seven(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
Cire80:

They play dirty and they think I would ever descend to such low with them. They have the population and most of them are jobless so they create many monikers as different ethnicities. Now they're getting suspicious because this is what they do. Most times, they leave the real bone of contention and start talking irrelevant that just to bore you. God forbid that I would ever descend to such low levels over a nairaland argument.

Why do you comment and reply your comments?
Lol. I would love to learn from both sides with an open mind but it's clear already who has the superior argument and proof.
You don't need to reply yourself like someone suffering from dementia (I don't mean that as an insult).
The intellectual mauling may be?
Give it up already or come with a different perspective.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

Why do you comment and reply your comments?
Lol. I would love to learn from both sides with an open mind but it's clear already who has the superior argument and proof.
You don't need to reply yourself like someone suffering from dementia (I don't mean that as an insult).
The intellectual mauling may be?
Give it up already or come with a different perspective.
my ethnicity is not about argument. We're what we are no matter what lies you guys put on the table.

This is the problem with you guys. Accusation without a proof has become a truth to you all. Favor99 will be laughing so hard at you guys. This is how you guys come up with speculations, postulations and theorems and turn it into a truth in no time.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
Cire80:

Your welcome. They know I am a seperate person, theyre in denial.
If I had been agreeing and supporting their nonsense, there wouldnt be any accusations.
The people on here need to stop the self-denials. The Igbos on here need to face the truth and stop
trying to divert things, because Im saying thiings they dont want to hear. So they make up lies with
no kind of proof. Their basis for their accusations are flawed and have no support or reasoning to it.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Cire80 and Favour99 ... Same indivisible person ..QED

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Chysler:
Cire80 and Favour99 ... Same indivisible person ..QED
And I'm also the other Esan guy with the martha88 moniker that went to the extent of creating a thread to deny Monkeydeychop? Why do I need to create another moniker when many known Esans and Binis on Nairaland already came on the thread to deny him? Why would I take a lunatic like that monkey guy serious?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
Chysler:
Pazienza weldone u r so much on point... You have dealt mercilessly with the twats... I was laffing at how they wea reeling like a drunk from the superior mental blows u r dishing out to them... God bless u bro.

You are welcome, nwanne mmadu.

Chukwu bu ike anyi!

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Probz(m): 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
What Chysler said.

Paziena, jisie ike. I started this thread with the aim of being educated and that's exactly what bigfrancis and yourself have done (and others).

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 12:33am On Mar 05, 2017
pazienza:

Is it our intellectual hypocrite of the lowest kind? grin
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:41am On Mar 05, 2017
cheruv:
Is it our intellectual hypocrite of the lowest kind? grin
Lol! Eeeh! Ya kam na-ekwu maka ya.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 12:48am On Mar 05, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Eeeh! Ya kam na-ekwu maka ya.
Hahaha
M no na-eche ka o bia do cire80/favor99 aka n'ukwu n'ime apari ya grin amaghim ihnye ji ya embarassed
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:59am On Mar 05, 2017
pazienza:

"Ji eye no wehu" Lol!

"Anamta ebushire bushiru ghu".

"Ihuo! iyewa ashawakanu"!

" Onye izhi ghu, no mbomu".

"Mbawa ine eme adikaghu kwa"

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"

"Ezhi ghu ga ekerughue"

I don't know how many Igbos that can interpret those sentences.

I love my Nkanu dialect! I rep Enugu South to the core. Speak and understand Nkanu dialects fluently.

I'd like to see non Nkanu Igbo people on this board try and interprete those Nkanu sentences I wrote. Hehe!

Since no one will take the challenge here, let me translate them myself. Some of them can't be directly translated without losing the meaning

"Ji eye no wehu"- Di ya no ebe ahu

"'Anamta Ebushire Bushiru ghu"- Aga m eti gi ihe

"Ihuo, Iyewa Ashawakanu"- Ihukwa, ihewa e bidokwala

"Onye Izhi ghu, no mbomu"- Nwanne gi ukwu no ebe ahu

"Mbawa ine eme adikaghu kwa"- "Otu a, isi eme, adikwaghi nma/ Ihe a ina eme,adikwaghi nma.

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"- Nwanne gi nta, na ebe akwa

"Ezhi ghu ga ekerughue"- Ahu gi ga agwa gi. ya( Your body will tell you)

eg." Anamta ebushire bushiru ghu, Ezhi ghu ga ekerughue"

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:11am On Mar 05, 2017
If tomorrow Nkanu people starts promoting Nkanu as a language of its own and an independent ethnic nationality outside Igbos.

See how easy it would be for them to show the differences between Nkanu speech form and central Igbo, while hiding the obvious similarities between them and Ndiigbo.
They would even point out that the average Imo man would struggle to understand "Nkanu language" on first hearing.

With 5 LGAs, Nkanu have many sub dialects which can easily be promoted to dialects of "Nkanu language" while phantom origin stories of migration from Anywhere but Igboland will be hatched and promoted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.