Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Delta (and Rivers) Igbos - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (58059 Views)

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

Pashi = dowe ya = keep
Iyon = That thing
Ebomu = There

Pashi iyom ebomu = Keep that thing there

In which universe does this sound Igbo?

"Ji eye no wehu" Lol!

"Anamta ebushire bushiru ghu".

"Ihuo! iyewa ashawakanu"!

" Onye izhi ghu, no mbomu".

"Mbawa ine eme adikaghu kwa"

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"

"Ezhi ghu ekerughue"

I don't know how many Igbos that can interpret those sentences.

I love my Nkanu dialect! I rep Enugu South to the core. Speak and understand Nkanu dialects fluently.

I'd like to see non Nkanu Igbo people on this board try and interprete those Nkanu sentences I wrote. Hehe!

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

Ji eye no wehu! Lol!

"Ihuo! iyewan ashawakanu"!

" Onye ishi ghu, no mbomu".

"Mbawa ine eme adikaghu kwa"!

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"!

I love my Nkanu dialect! I rep Enugu South to the core. Speak and understand Nkanu dialects fluently.

Never knew you're from Enugu south. Thought you were from Anambra. Where in Enugu south are you from? I'm from Amechi, Awkunanaw.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

Never knew you're from Enugu south. Thought you were from Anambra. Where in Enugu south are you from? I'm from Amechi, Awkunanaw.

Not from Enugu South. Born and brought up in Enugu South Urban area.

I rolled with many Amechi and other Nkanu people while growing up.

I can speak and understand the dialect fluently, as good as the natives.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

Not from Enugu South. Born and brought up in Enugu South Urban area.

I rolled with many Amechi and other Nkanu people while growing up.

I can speak and understand the dialect fluently, as good as the natives.
Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

"Ji eye no wehu" Lol!

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"

"Ezhi ghu ekerughue"

I'd to see non Nkanu Igbo people on this board try and interprete those Nkanu sentences I wrote. Hehe!

Afam, you are exempted from this interpretation challenge.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by steppin: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I spent some time growing up in Owerri and have 'an ear' sort of to southern Igbo dialects. Owerri/Etche/Ngor-Okpala/Mbaise I understand perfectly. My mother was from Enugu state and growing up she often spoke her Oji River dialect at home, thus exposing me to the general feel of Enugu dialects such as Nkanu etc (often referred to as waawa). One of my mom's family friends is from Ohaozara Ebonyi state and I spent some time in her house during my NYSC and it shared about 30% similarity with my mom's native dialect of Enugu state and I understood everything she spoke with her husband or her relatives over the phone. I spent 5 years going to school in Nsukka and I do not have a hard time understanding the dialect. I can't speak for Izzi, Ezza etc. as I have not been exposed to those for some time.

I listened to both clips you provided. At first attempt I understand Ika at about at least 70% given it's slight similarity to Owerri where I did my secondary school. With my 'southern ear', I quite also understood what the Abiriba guy was saying but I understand Opobo/Bonny better than Abiriba.

Someone said if you grew up in Igboland, you would definitely understand whatever dialect you come across, even if not up to 100% but you'd get a general feel of what the speaker is trying to communicate, and I agree with that.
Onye nna.

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Your attempt at trying to defend the imposter moniker makes you even more guilty. Quit it already dude. I am not new to this forum.
You take this Nairaland ish too serious and you think I'm like you. Only an idiot would create alternate account and claim another ethnicity
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Dude you're a foreigner. Ika is not your fatherland. Return to edo state or you speak for your own immigrant family. Do not drag the entire Ika Igbo into your immigrant stories.

Igboland needs a Donald Trump to put an end to all these immigrant noises in Igboland. We have been too peaceful with you all for so long. undecided Imagine foreigners making the loudest noise in an area that does not belong to them.

You think we can't pursue you immigrants out of Ika land if we wanted to? grin
Behold the ranting if a lunatic. Some times I wonder the kind of people we have on nairaland. And you're a mod? What a pity!!!

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Cire80:
Behold the ranting if a lunatic. Some times I wonder the kind of people we have on nairaland. And you're a mod? What a pity!!!

Says the man who went and hurriedly open a new moniker claiming Esan to keep fanning his inferiority complex plaqued delusions.

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

Says the man who went and hurriedly open a new moniker claiming Esan to keep fanning his inferiority complex plaqued delusions.
You guys are very suspicious and speculative. Now you said I'm Favor99 even without any proof? That you guys descend to such low levels in your attempt of deception doesn't mean everyone is like you. favor99 where are you? Come and respond to your mention if you're still on nairaland.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

"Ji eye no wehu" Lol!

"Ohu nta ghu na anya"

"Ezhi ghu ekerughue"

I'd like to see non Nkanu Igbo people on this board try and interprete those Nkanu sentences I wrote. Hehe!
What does the term NKANU mean?
Is it the same as Akanu?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
cheruv:

What does the term NKANU mean?
Is it the same as Akanu?

No. It's not the same as Akanu.
They are not pronounced alike too.

Anu in Nkanu sounds like "anu" in meat

Whereas the "anu" in Akanu sounds like "anu" as in difficulty in hearing.

As for what it means, I don't know. But it's the name of the Igbo clan found in Enugu South, North and parts of Enugu East LGA, as well as in Nkanu West and Nkanu East LGA , all in Enugu state.

Nike is believed to be the oldest amongst Nkanu people and are often the first to take kolanut during traditional/ social gathering in Nkanuland.

Cheruv: You didn't attempt to translate the Nkanu sentences in central Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Cire80:
You guys are very suspicious and speculative. Now you said I'm Favor99 even without any proof? That you guys descend to such low levels in your attempt of deception doesn't mean everyone is like you. favor99 where are you? Come and respond to your mention if you're still on nairaland.
Don't mind panziena. I am not cire80. I just couldn't bare to see how an op on another thread was impersonating my people and spreading lies so I created an account. Sorry, cire80 that you have to put up with all of this. Panziena is in denial. He believes or wants to believe that Ikas and ukwuani ndokwa are Igbo. They need to accept the facts that these are Edo people. Panziena knows that I am Esan, he's just in denial and doesn't want to believe that Edo's accept Anioma as our own

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Favor99:

Don't mind panziena. I am not cire80. I just couldn't bare to see how an op on another thread was impersonating my people and spreading lies so I created an account. Sorry, cire80 that you have to put up with all of this. Panziena is in denial. He believes or wants to believe that Ikas and ukwuani ndokwa are Igbo. They need to accept the facts that these are Edo people. Panziena knows that I am Esan, he's just in denial and doesn't want to believe that Edo's accept Anioma as our own

You registered just recently and you are always at the beck and call of Cire80.

So much for a person who was supposedly a guest not long ago.

Lol! You are clown Cire80. Obviously a newbie at this game.

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Translation

1. Take it easy

2.I will soon sometin sometin you

3.you see! U will soon start shouting like animal

4.who sent u to my house

5.That thing you are doing is not it

6.He loves you

7.I salute u or I send my greetings

#Honesttry
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by chijiblaze(m): 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

Pashi = dowe ya = keep
Iyon = That thing
Ebomu = There

Pashi iyom ebomu = Keep that thing there

In which universe does this sound Igbo?

Pasa iye ọmụ ebe ọmụ.
which is actually:
Pasa ihe ọhụ ebe ọhụ.
or in central Igbo: Dowe ihe ahụ ebe ahụ.
and with vowel assimilation "Olilo ụdaume":
Pasa iye ọmụ ebe ọmụ.

And you think it's not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

You registered just recently and you are always at the beck and call of Cire80.

So much for a person who was supposedly a guest not long ago.

Lol! You are clown Cire80. Obviously a newbie at this game.
Ok you need to stop being in denial. You have no proof of what your saying! No proof at all! Your talking out of your a.ss now. Do you know that there are many Edo people viewing this forum. You guys can't just leave the anioma alone. You want to attach to them so badly. I as an Esan/Edo embrace and love my Anioma brothers and sisters. Get that thru your skull and accept it!
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
Favor99:

Ok you need to stop being in denial. You have no proof of what your saying! No proof at all! Your talking out of your a.ss now. Do you know that there are many Edo people viewing this forum. You guys can't just leave the anioma alone. You want to attach to them so badly. I as an Esan/Edo embrace and love my Anioma brothers and sisters. Get that thru your skull and accept it!

What a silly thing to say. One can't attach to oneself. Anioma is Igbo, ie Goodland, and Igbo is indeed a good land.

https://www.nairaland.com/3656185/why-visited-nnamdi-kanu-soludo

Above is Pat Utomi leading the way.

I know you love Anioma people, you sure had a special way of showing it, when you went about pointing out Anioma people to Nigerian army to kill in Edo during the war. Lol!

Guess Nzeogwu is your brother too? He is no longer Igbo.

Ana emenu!

Cire80, you are a shameless impostor.

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:

What a silly thing to say. One can't attach to oneself. Anioma is Igbo, ie Goodland, and Igbo is indeed a good land.

https://www.nairaland.com/3656185/why-visited-nnamdi-kanu-soludo

Above is Pat Utomi leading the way.

I know you love Anioma people, you sure had a special way of showing it, when you went about pointing out Anioma people to Nigerian army to kill in Edo during the war. Lol!

Guess Nzeogwu is your brother too? He is no longer Igbo.

Ana emenu!

Cire80, you are a shameless impostor.

The Ika and Ukwauni are constantly telling you you guys that there not Igbo. But you guys won't listen, you keep forcing yourselves on them even though they are telling you they're not. Just leave them be! During the Midwest invasion of the Biafra war Igbo soldiers were killing and raping hundreds and hundreds maybe in the thousands of Edo people. The Igbo soldiers indiscriminately shot and killed and abused innocent thousands of Edo civilians.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
"It was this battle that gave birth to Murtala, a
“Local champion” called Ibrahim Haruna and
Ibrahim Taiwo of the Nigerian Army. Africans first
had the practical experience of the word
“genocide” in Igbodo where hundreds of lives were
lost in the Nigerian civil war. In Isheagu, the case
was not different. It was here that the ulterior
motive of the Nigerian troop clearly unfolded.
The people were now scampering for the safety of
their lives having experienced what happened in
Igbodo and some other places. In the Midwestern
region, able bodied men went into hiding leaving
women and children at the mercy of advancing
soldiers. The people of Benin went identifying their
Ibo-speaking neighbours from house to house for
executions."
BLOOD ON THE NIGER: THE FIRST BLACK ON
BLACK OCTOBER 1967 GENOCIDE OF ASABA
PEOPLE BY MURTALA, GOWON AND AWOLOWO

This is Emma Okocha, reminding the world of Edo atrocities towards Anioma.

I'm yet to see such book written against SE from bonafide Anioma people.

Cire80. You are shameless revealing your real Edo self in this your new Moniker. You goofed.

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Favor99:

The Ika and Ukwauni are constantly telling you you guys that there not Igbo. But you guys won't listen, you keep forcing yourselves on them even though they are telling you they're not. Just leave them be! During the Midwest invasion of the Biafra war Igbo soldiers were killing and raping hundreds and hundreds maybe in the thousands of Edo people. The Igbo soldiers indiscriminately shot and killed and abused innocent thousands of Edo civilians.

So Igbo soldiers shot at phantom Edo people, that's the justification of your atrocities against Ndiigbo in Anioma?

Was that why you connived with the Federal troops to massacre them in mass in Bini? Because you saw them as Igbos? Hahaha!

Jokers!

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Favor99:

Favor99=cire80

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
pazienza:
"It was this battle that gave birth to Murtala, a
“Local champion” called Ibrahim Haruna and
Ibrahim Taiwo of the Nigerian Army. Africans first
had the practical experience of the word
“genocide” in Igbodo where hundreds of lives were
lost in the Nigerian civil war. In Isheagu, the case
was not different. It was here that the ulterior
motive of the Nigerian troop clearly unfolded.
The people were now scampering for the safety of
their lives having experienced what happened in
Igbodo and some other places. In the Midwestern
region, able bodied men went into hiding leaving
women and children at the mercy of advancing
soldiers. The people of Benin went identifying their
Ibo-speaking neighbours from house to house for
executions."
BLOOD ON THE NIGER: THE FIRST BLACK ON
BLACK OCTOBER 1967 GENOCIDE OF ASABA
PEOPLE BY MURTALA, GOWON AND AWOLOWO

This is Emma Okocha, reminding the world of Edo atrocities towards Anioma.

I'm yet to see such book written against SE from bonafide Anioma people.

Cire80. You are shameless revealing your real Edo self in this your new Moniker. You goofed.
Ika people were not killed during the war. Genocide was carried out in few Aniocha Oshimili area but it's because some people there were apologetic to the Biafran soldiers. And Biafran soldiers also killed people in Ika as well. But this doesn't justify the actions of the Nigerian troops.

Ika language saved many people from my place. Murtala was so in love with Ika. This tales of how Oba told the Soldiers this and that are all fabrications. Oba never did that. But if
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
cheruv:

Favor99=cire80
You guys have officially run mad lol
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
cheruv:

Favor99=cire80

Remember that I had wondered about what happened to Edo people that besieged Anioma threads on NL here. linking their conspicuous absence with the Emergence of Cire80, a supposedly Anioma person who is more pro Edo than the Oba of Bini?

There are many pro Edo Ika people, Agbontae and their likes, but when you argue will them, you get the feeling that they are only bringing up Bini connection to stay free of Igbo tag. With Cire80, it's different.

Turns out that Ugomba was right all these while. Cire80 is an Edo impostor that had been masquerading as Ika man.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Cire80:
Ika people were not killed during the war. Genocide was carried out in few Aniocha Oshimili area but it's because some people there were apologetic to the Biafran soldiers. And Biafran soldiers also killed people in Ika as well. But this doesn't justify the actions of the Nigerian troops.

Ika language saved many people from my place. Murtala was so in love with Ika. This tales of how Oba told the Soldiers this and that are all fabrications. Oba never did that. But if

You are an Edo impostor.

Ika towns like Igbodo, Ekwuoma and their likes were greatly affected by Edo monitored FG massacre of Western Igbos in Bini.

Biafrans can't kill Western Igbos when Achuzia and other Western Igbo soldiers were commanding Biafran troops.

Edo man, you need brain surgery.

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Cire80 has shown the world he's Bini... Pazienza if you remember that mgbejume guy was rejoicing that the Federal forces slaughtered Anioma in mass,same as this cire80 guy here.
Anyway, when the time comes we'd force all Bini descendants off Anioma territories back to Bini, even if your fathers came from ishan or sobo,you all are going back to Bini.
And if Bini itself doesn't take time, we'd send in Igbo colonists into Benin city itself and change its demographics over time.
Am a bit harsh...but attimes we need to be

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Wonders shall never end. But I'm not surprised.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 12:04am On Mar 04, 2017
pazienza:

You are an Edo impostor.

Ika towns like Igbodo, Ekwuoma and their likes were greatly affected by Edo monitored FG massacre of Western Igbos in Bini.

Biafrans can't kill Western Igbos when Achuzia and other Western Igbo soldiers were commanding Biafran troops.

Edo man, you need brain surgery.
Ekwuoma and Igbodo and which other? FYI, Ekwuoma and Igbodo are part Aniocha part Ika. There was no genocide in any part of Ika. Even if people were killed in those places you mentioned, only a few people were pinpointed and murdered.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2017
Colonel achuzie and Nzeogwu are all igbo-Anioma... So aso wea abt 7 other high ranking Biafran officers during the war... Infact late Colonel Nwawo is an igbanke or Igbo akiri man and considered himself Igbo, he fought on the side of Biafrans...he was in Britain undergoing military training when the war broke out, he returned to Nigeria only to be asked to fight against Biafrans, in his own words in a television documentary after the war, he asked them " how can I fight against my people" he was imprisoned but later released wen Biafran troops entered Benin... Even after the war in that documentary he maintained his igboness... He is not even from Anioma or ika in delta but his village and hometown is in present day Edo state. ....

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2017
"Benin was the capital of the mid-western states with a high concentration of Asaba-born technocrats, bureaucrats, and professionals who met their untimely end at the hands of federal troops and other accomplices…… there appeared a fleeting period of lunacy in which mid-westerners gladly identified Ahaba people to be shot down by federal troops on the so called liberation day in Benin…. It was the first Black On Black genocide in post independence Africa." Midwest Solicitor General, Giwa Amu, The Nigerian Observer, March 16, 1983.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Mar 04, 2017
Anioma are Edo brothers. Hehe! They migrated from Edo, even though they speak Igbo.

We remind them of how Edo people massacred Enu-ani people in Edo with help from the FG. Hehe!

They shift the goal post immediately, removing Enu-ani and hence Anioma from their lies.

"Ika and Ukwuani are Edo brothers they scream"!
We remind them that Ika people in Isheagu, Igbodo and Ekwuoma were also killed by FG with Edo help.

They shift the goal post again!

"Igbodo and Ekwuoma are not Ika enough"!

Hehe. pathetic bunch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

China People And Culture In Anambra / Oba Of Benin's 5th Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.