Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers (6243 Views)

How To Lock Your Gtbank Account With *737# / Innoson Speaks On How GTB Is Owing Him 8 Billion And Refused To Pay (video) / Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
It is very hard to believe that there is insider fraud with GTB’s *737#. I have a personal experience with their system. If you have used the system to transfer money, you are likely to have fallen a victim, and I will show you a simple method to see if they have been using the system to defraud you.
I used the system for the first time on June 19th of this year (2016). I have used the Internet Banking platform to transfer money before then, and on that day, because there was poor internet service and it was rather urgent, I decided to use the *737# service.
On that day, I transferred 2K to someone. Since then, GTB folks started using the service to remove small amounts from my account. On that day(I did not notice until months later), there was a transaction on my account which says:
Airtime Purchase USSD-101CT0000000000162959679-234813534XXXX
NOTE: XXXX is used to scramble my line
But, I never used account to purchase airtime. One curious fact is that the transactions started immediately after I used *737# to transfer, so there is insider job abuse. One thing I know about GTB is that any transaction that takes place, you will be notified through SMS, but this never happens with this type of transactions. I never received SMS alert; perhaps this is peculiar to airtime purchase because I never did purchase airtime through the channel.
Ever since that day, day have been deducting my money. If you used *737# to transfer money, you are likely going to be affected. How do you detect if you are affected. There are 2 simple ways to do this. Any transaction that takes place you will be notified through the e-mail you supplied. My secure email address is Yahoo!, so simple log on to your email and search for the word: Airtime Purchase. If you have been duped using this channel, you will know. The unauthorized transactions will show up.
Look at the picture carefully. You see all the purchases GeNS Transaction Alert [Debit ...] were NEVER initiated by me.
Alternatively, use the Internet Banking platform. On the left pane, click on Transaction Details, enter 100 for amount (that is the common figure they deduct and enter the date, let it be months apart. This will expose the nefarious transaction if any.
Tell as many people as you know and let’s share ideas about how to move forward and get our money back. Please share your own experience as well

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by sladimeji(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
I swear dem don debit me too b4

2 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by victor2008(m): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
why not complain at the bank

3 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Adaowerri111: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
are you sure those are not transfer charges? consult the bank sha
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by funloaded: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Why don't you just report GTB instead of this thread, no one will solve your problem here, infact, you can't get debit alerts if you didn't use the service, someone is definitely using the service behind your back(using ur phone)

4 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by CuteTj(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Are you sure someone close to you isn't the one behind this theft? As that person close to you knows that's the line you registered with and also knows your password...

Well the first step in unraveling who is behind this is to formally Lodge a complaint at GTbank.

4 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
I use the service a lot and I'm yet to have issues with it. The charge per transaction as well month end deductions are something else tho

4 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
oga go and consult ur bank, it's prolly sum1 is using the acct all the person needs is the last four digits of ur debit card... i ve been using *737 for more than a year, and to be honest there might be a few glitches atimes, (like you may want to topup and they will double the amount and at times u may nt receive the airtime) but i think is actually the best banking channel.

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by shedyman: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
On countless occasion I attempted using the *737* code to purchase airtime, I ended up being debited without an SMS alert or email alert and the purchased airtime never got credited to my phone.
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by greenalwaz: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
shedyman:
On countless occasion I attempted using the *737* code to purchase airtime, I ended up being debited without an SMS alert or email alert and the purchased airtime never got credited to my phone.
that is true, I've experienced many times.
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 1:15am On Dec 27, 2016
Why do I create this thread in the first place?
MisterMan:
It is very hard to believe that there is insider fraud with GTB’s *737#. I have a personal experience with their system. If you have used the system to transfer money, you are likely to have fallen a victim, and I will show you a simple method to see if they have been using the system to defraud you.

Ever since that day, day have been deducting my money. If you used *737# to transfer money, you are likely going to be affected. How do you detect if you are affected. There are 2 simple ways to do this. Any transaction that takes place you will be notified through the e-mail you supplied. My secure email address is Yahoo!, so simple log on to your email and search for the word: Airtime Purchase. If you have been duped using this channel, you will know. The unauthorized transactions will show up.
Look at the picture carefully. You see all the purchases GeNS Transaction Alert [Debit ...] were NEVER initiated by me.
Alternatively, use the Internet Banking platform. On the left pane, click on Transaction Details, enter 100 for amount (that is the common figure they deduct and enter the date, let it be months apart. This will expose the nefarious transaction if any.
Tell as many people as you know and let’s share ideas about how to move forward and get our money back. Please share your own experience as well
I only did this to alert people what is going on with the system. I am NOT here to ask people to help me out
funloaded post=52280541:
Why don't you just report GTB instead of this thread, no one will solve your problem here, infact, you can't get debit alerts if you didn't use the service, someone is definitely using the service behind your back(using ur phone)
victor2008:
why not complain at the bank
Of course that is the first sensible thing to do, and which was what I did.
My main aim is to let people be aware and check for themselves about what is going on. Ignorance may not be bliss after all.
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 2:45am On Dec 27, 2016
What puzzles me (and what makes me think it is insider job) is the fact that the phone lines recharged are my lines and my wife's line. One of the statements is Airtime Purchase USSD-101CT0000000000162100009-234813534XXXX, I suppose that 101CT0000000000162100009 is transaction code of some sort while 234813534XXXX is my scrambled line. On another occasion, here is another transaction: Airtime Purchase USSD-101CT0000000000223987938-234814050XXXX. 234814050XXXX is another of my line and another of the transaction is 101CT0000000000199185413-234803886XXXX where 234803886XXXX belongs to wifey. It is not an issue of someone close to me recharging behind my back. Can I defraud myself and still come here to raise issues and surely it is not my wife.

KingsleyTMTTM:
oga go and consult ur bank, it's prolly sum1 is using the acct all the person needs is the last four digits of ur debit card... i ve been using *737 for more than a year, and to be honest there might be a few glitches atimes, (like you may want to topup and they will double the amount and at times u may nt receive the airtime) but i think is actually the best banking channel.

CuteTj:
Are you sure someone close to you isn't the one behind this theft? As that person close to you knows that's the line you registered with and also knows your password...
Absolutely sure

Well the first step in unraveling who is behind this is to formally Lodge a complaint at GTbank.

These transactions started immediately when I used the service to transfer money.
If it happens to me, it could happen to other people out there. Is it too much for people out there to cross-check their transactions? Because you did not get alerts does not mean something fishy has not been going on. I never got alerts, so it must be insider job. Simply log on to your email and search for Airtime Purchase

dominique:
I use the service a lot and I'm yet to have issues with it. The charge per transaction as well month end deductions are something else tho
It never hurts to double-check anyway.
Consider this: Let's assume there are conservatively 500,000 people using this service. Now the smart guys deduct =N= 100 from each of those 500,000 customer each month. Individuals might not notice because, hey, let's face it, =N=100 is not likely to be noticed by individual customers, but then do the Maths. 500,000 * 100 equals =N=50,000,000 each month. Remove =N=50,000,000 from an account. It will be very obvious, but take =N= 100 from 500,000 customers. Nobody notices. It is that simple.

So fire up your email and search for Airtime Purchase. Is it that difficult to do? Remember, Ignorance may not be bliss after all.

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Babs24: 6:41am On Dec 27, 2016
Bro you said you didn't get alert. What of the email alerts you are showing. How did the person know your personal phone contact which happens to be your wife? I'm very sure an outsider, especially a bank staff can't know this if he or she isn't your relatives. What was the response when you went to complain? What seems to be happening here is that someone is recharging his or her line through your account and deletes the SMS alerts immediately the transaction is completed. Cause on a good day, for you to get an email alert, you should get SMS alert too. Bro check well... .

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by sichri(m): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2016
Oga, better ask your wife well. How can someone who wants to defraud you be recharging your wife's phone? How come the person did not recharge his/her line?

Check am na, bros.

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2016
Babs24:
Bro you said you didn't get alert. What of the email alerts you are showing. How did the person know your personal phone contact which happens to be your wife? I'm very sure an outsider, especially a bank staff can't know this if he or she isn't your relatives. What was the response when you went to complain? What seems to be happening here is that someone is recharging his or her line through your account and deletes the SMS alerts immediately the transaction is completed. Cause on a good day, for you to get an email alert, you should get SMS alert too. Bro check well... .
When I said I didn't get alert, I meant SMS alert and NOT email notification. If you do any banking transaction, where will you expect the alert? You first look for SMS alert before thinking about email alert. The truth is, a lot of fraud is going on in the banking industry. The truth is; when I read your response, I smiled knowingly. You know what, if the situation were to be reversed, I would think EXACTLY the way you are thinking.
Let me explain once more. Somebody somewhere is stealing my money by PURPORTEDLY recharging my 2 lines and my wife's line. I have never bought credit with my account, but I suppose SMS alert would have been sent based on the fact that ANY transaction done on your account would be reported to you via SMS. In this peculiar cases, NONE was sent. Why would they not send alert? It is simply because somebody somewhere is trying to hide the transactions.
How did they get my number? That is fairly easy to guess. It is the REGISTERED phone line that I use with the bank, so if I type *737# with that line, it doesn't take Rocket Science to figure how they got the line. They also PURPORTEDLY recharge my other line. How did they get hold of that one? It beats me. How did they get hold of my wife's line. I can't figure it out.

Babs24:
What seems to be happening here is that someone is recharging his or her line through your account and deletes the SMS alerts immediately the transaction is completed. Cause on a good day, for you to get an email alert, you should get SMS alert too. Bro check well... .
Good thinking but faulty one. I live in a 3-bedroom flat with a wife and 4 children; the 2 eldest are teenagers, ready to go to higher institutions. I confiscated the line because it was 2Go every time, so they don't have phones for now. When I went through the records, some of the transaction times were as early as 7 am when I am with my phone in my bedroom, beside the bed and switched off. It couldn't have been any of my family members. That is for sure.
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2016
sichri:
Oga, better ask your wife well. How can someone who wants to defraud you be recharging your wife's phone? How come the person did not recharge his/her line?

Check am na, bros.
That is the joke of the century. One: She is trustworthy. Two: She doesn't know the last 4 digits of my ATM card. Three: She doen't know how to use *737#.

How come the person did not recharge his/her line? People fail to realise that fraud is going on here. The banking industry is rotten with fraud. How did they do it? Honestly. I don't know, but something fishy is going on here.

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Babs24: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
MisterMan:

When I said I didn't get alert, I meant SMS alert and NOT email notification. If you do any banking transaction, where will you expect the alert? You first look for SMS alert before thinking about email alert. The truth is, a lot of fraud is going on in the banking industry. The truth is; when I read your response, I smiled knowingly. You know what, if the situation were to be reversed, I would think EXACTLY the way you are thinking.
Let me explain once more. Somebody somewhere is stealing my money by PURPORTEDLY recharging my 2 lines and my wife's line. I have never bought credit with my account, but I suppose SMS alert would have been sent based on the fact that ANY transaction done on your account would be reported to you via SMS. In this peculiar cases, NONE was sent. Why would they not send alert? It is simply because somebody somewhere is trying to hide the transactions.
How did they get my number? That is fairly easy to guess. It is the REGISTERED phone line that I use with the bank, so if I type *737# with that line, it doesn't take Rocket Science to figure how they got the line. They also PURPORTEDLY recharge my other line. How did they get hold of that one? It beats me. How did they get hold of my wife's line. I can't figure it out.

Good thinking but faulty one. I live in a 3-bedroom flat with a wife and 4 children; the 2 eldest are teenagers, ready to go to higher institutions. I confiscated the line because it was 2Go every time, so they don't have phones for now. When I went through the records, some of the transaction times were as early as 7 am when I am with my phone in my bedroom, beside the bed and switched off. It couldn't have been any of my family members. That is for sure.

Well, I think the bank's response after lodging your complaint should make things clearer...
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
dominique:
Don't mind the buffoon, I rather have my money in Gtbank than anywhere else
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
The thread is needed as enlightenment
funloaded:

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
Haba shocked that was uncalled for lipsrsealed
indigene:

2 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by funloaded: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
jaybillionaire:
The thread is needed as enlightenment
then why the bad title ??
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Bad title how
funloaded:
then why the bad title ??
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by donbabade: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
Op needs to be enlightened

That 30 digit code in ur email alert can never be faked.

Those transactions re legitimate by you or ur relatives.
It is foolhardy to think your atm digit isn't known by ur wife.
A bank staff can't know ur wife's number.
Bank staff can't go thru customers detail anyhow. Customer care can but they re always logged in and tokened. Making it traceable. No one can initiate 737 without ur phone.

I know they steal 1 naira for gtb to gtb transfer. But now I know it's vat
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by funloaded: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Bad title how
How GTB defrauded with *737#.... No one defrauded you(my own opinion) someone must have been using ur phone behind your back
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 3:42am On Dec 28, 2016
indigene:

I think you should learn some manners. How dare you insult me? There are civilised and acceptable way of airing contrary opinions.
Indegene, we need to be civil with one another here. I observed something with my account which I suppose could serve public interest. Is there anything wrong with that? Something happened to me which I suspected happened because of *737# service. It could happen to others and I don't want their money to be stolen. Must you insult me because of that? I never ask you to move your money out of GTBank, did I? The important think is for your money to be as safe as possible by not relying too much on the INSECURE *737#. By the way, are you a customer of GTBank and do you use *737#? If you answer yes to the two questions, then by all means check if you are affected by searching for Airtime Purchase on those numerous email they sent to you. You are not doing it for me. If you are not affected, I thank God for that and be more careful, that's all. If it affected me, it COULD affect you, but I hope that it will not affect you but mere hoping is not enough. People need to be informed. Your infertile behaviour will NOT cut it. It does not take anything from you to be well-mannered. On the other hand, it earns you respect.

2 Likes

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 4:09am On Dec 28, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Bad title how
Thanks a lot. At times I wonder how some people think
What is bad in that? My honest opinion is that fraud is going on with it. The truth is that the service is very low on security. I suppose you have seen this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/3493432/fraud-alert-gtbank-737-very. If you don't, I urge you to read that and all the other many threads where people voice their concerns about the *737# and security
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by MisterMan(m): 4:19am On Dec 28, 2016
donbabade:
Op needs to be enlightened

That 30 digit code in ur email alert can never be faked.

Those transactions re legitimate by you or ur relatives.
It is foolhardy to think your atm digit isn't known by ur wife.
A bank staff can't know ur wife's number.
Bank staff can't go thru customers detail anyhow. Customer care can but they re always logged in and tokened. Making it traceable. No one can initiate 737 without ur phone.

I know they steal 1 naira for gtb to gtb transfer. But now I know it's vat
Look at the bolded. I am not trying to convince you but for you to expand your thinking horizon. My number is one of those PURPORTEDLY recharged. Why will somebody recharge my number without me getting the credit? Ask yourself what is the essence of that? Fraud can take many shape.
I am NOT here to convince you or trash GTBank. If this thread makes you to be more careful and makes your money to be safe, I have achieved my aim and that is the important thing.

I concur with you that it is foolhardy to think that my wife doesn't know my ATM number, yet the fact is she does not know. My other line (the one I am using to browse now) is also 'recharged'. She did that also. Why? For what purpose? The number of times my number was 'recharged' is more than hers and my other line are 'recharged'. For your information, I have my degree in Computer Science. Things do happen indeed.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by olujaidi: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2016
I agree with Op on the SMS alerts
Wrt GTBank. The last transactions I had, I didn't get SMS alerts for; only email alerts were received.

Truth is *737# is not secure and I don't think one can disable it
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Skain(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2016
I think the culprits here are your teenagers. They probably load mums phone then transfer to their own phone so u won't suspect them since you trust mum.

Just pretend you need to transfer from mum's phone and ask them if they know her pin.

Smart guys...
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Don't mind her angry
MisterMan:

Thanks a lot. At times I wonder how some people think
What is bad in that? My honest opinion is that fraud is going on with it. The truth is that the service is very low on security. I suppose you have seen this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/3493432/fraud-alert-gtbank-737-very. If you don't, I urge you to read that and all the other many threads where people voice their concerns about the *737# and security
Re: How GTB Defraud With *737#. Personal Experience: A Must-read For GTB Customers by 7Oin0bW: 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
Why can't you just go ahead and state the procedures/ requirements and
contacts here? Why must people contact you individually b4 you can pass the
info? Eeeehhhhh OP
What's your motive for creating this thread?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were Given 2 Million Naira, What Would U Invest It In? / The Definitive Article Writing Guide On Fiverr - Earn $1,000 Every Month / Advert Rates In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.