Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? (48106 Views)

Man Gets First Haircut In 15 Years To Join Army — See The Transformation / Haircut Styles For Black Men / Cute Afro Men Haircut Styles, Select According To Your Head Shape( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by DaudaAbu(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Do this one

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by firstclassmumu: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
queenitee:
Lemme wait for someone to say something

Some haircuts and styles are crazy tho and some doesn't even look good
as we are waiting,let talk about your lip
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by DaudaAbu(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nobody go talk cos u're a man of god
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by brostheo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
All my life it has been old school,my father hated anything style.Its either completely full or low cut or better still skin. um already used to it tho

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by DaudaAbu(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
And zuckerberg hav to be told how to dress when he was taking FB public i.e IPO

His favorite dressing is the hooded fleece but he has to be adviced that if he wants investors to take him serious, then he should wear tie and suit. And that is what he did

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by tosyne2much(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
But to be very candid, most often that not, your hair style speaks volume about you.. It goes a long way way in describing you at a glance

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by shenaxy: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
FILEBE:

Which greatest people are you talking about? Bill gates? Steve Jobs? Malcom x? Ghandi? who are the great people u are talking about?
Read to understand pls, are those u'v mentioned dead? Mj started wt huge afro hair cut, and so many people like dat
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by mengho(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
U dey craze, if I be ur papa & you come home with anything other than low cut or skin cut I will make sure I give you like five dirty slaps b4 I use razor blade to make ur head bald.

end time generation Kawai
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by queenitee(f): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
firstclassmumu:
as we are waiting,let talk about your lip
My lips?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by queenitee(f): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
discman2k2:

Oh dear, since u wannu b a model, Can u model ur sweet & sexy lips to me (in a BJ)? Plssssssssss?

Love those hot lips of urs. a sweh
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by goodnick(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
nigerian environment does not welcomr it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by CyberGypsy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
I and my pops had TLC night .. the first time I had gallas , full gallas. the funniest thing about this hair styles is that it gives you pride 100% , but when they talk 80% joy is out of the feeling cheesy . I could remember clearly .. my mom said ' shey eleran ni e ni' I was about 17 then .. they should just free us abeg
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by AliJohn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ah no knw wetin dey do all dis old men sef..buh 4 me I DNT GIVE A Bleep
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by zicoraads: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Well, y'all should just endure. It's our culture and way in Africa. As long as you live under their roof, they can do almost anything. I remember I moved out of the family house before my 24 birthday. But before I did, I was already working and earning money. Money that was 'enough'. But my Dad was still setting curfews by 9 and warning me that I'll sleep outside if I break it. Some days I'll have to rush back from an office gathering because of the curfew.

I just woke up one day, called a colleague who had recently gotten a new apartment and asked for his agent's number. Less than a week after that, I was in my own place. I just told them since I'm working now, I feel it's time. It came as a shock to them.

Now I do anything I want to do. I sleep outside when I want to, _fuck whoever I want, when I want to, eat whenever, whatever, etc. The time would come for you too. Just be patient and see the love flowing through the lil annoying things they do.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by emmayayodeji(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lol. My own style be say. I no dey comb my hair.
When I start my pman talk. But now he's used to it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by zicoraads: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
But to be very candid, most often that not, your hair style speaks volume about you.. It goes a long way way in describing you at a glance
No, it doesn't. It's just the way our society here has been 'programmed' to think. I have very responsible and hardworking men who keep afros and all. These are guys who have wives and kids. Guys who are absolutely intelligent. So, no, I totally disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by KingBillionaire(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
lepasharon:
OP those haircuts you posted are fuckboy haircuts grin
madam lepa, what do u know about haircut?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by CyberGypsy(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
zicoraads:
Well, y'all should just endure. It's our culture and way in Africa. As long as you live under their roof, they can do almost anything. I remember I moved out of the family house before my 24 birthday. But before I did, I was already working and earning money. Money that was 'enough'. But my Dad was still setting curfews by 9 and warning me that I'll sleep outside if I break it. Some days I'll have to rush back from an office gathering because of the curfew.

I just woke up one day, called a colleague who had recently gotten a new apartment and asked for his agent's number. Less than a week after that, I was in my own place. I just told them since I'm working now, I feel it's time. It came as a shock to them.

Now I do anything I want to do. I sleep outside when I want to, _fuck whoever I want, when I want to, eat whenever, whatever, etc. The time would come for you too. Just be patient and see the love flowing through the lil annoying things they do.
see epistle grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by zicoraads: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
CyberGypsy:
see epistle grin
All these babies...Psst! You should start reading library books or visit the Literature section here. It'll help.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by shukudi(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
EKLE:
op i understand what u mean...d only time me and my parents have issues is when i get a new haircut. they want nothing but low cut....they believe styles like mohawk,dreads makes u look like a tout..but the girl child is left alone flaunting different hairstyles with different colours...that's bullshit...they really need to change how they think..i think we should have d freedom 2 style our hair d we it pleases us so far it is neat...when it comes to choice of hairstyle i disobey my parents full time...we have to fight for our rights na[color=#770077][/color]
. Hope d day ur choice of hair style land u in SARS trouble, u will not need ur parent's help, since u disobey them full time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by CyberGypsy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
zicoraads:

All these babies...Psst! You should start reading library books or visit the Literature section here. It'll help.
tell me something! is this your own exam hall?

if you won't mind expatiate, what you mean by referring to them as babies
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Alao96(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
my dad even have a name for my mohawk....wat is it oooo...ehen....Satan hair.... crymy dad even have a name for my mohawk....wat is it oooo...ehen....Satan hair....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lastbender:
I was just hissing in my mind sad
how will you feel if you get to know that your son hiss at you in his mind?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by FILEBE(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
shenaxy:

Read to understand pls, are those u'v mentioned dead? Mj started wt huge afro hair cut, and so many people like dat

Ghandi has died, Malcom x, lutherking. You only mentioned M.j. yeah. Lil wayne too
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by lepasharon(f): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
KingBillionaire:

madam lepa, what do u know about haircut?

Quite enough tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Stevolarlah(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Divay22:
hahahahaha you are turning to the beard gang tongue.....
Shabi you have remove it o
remove ke, me wey I just start, they never see anything, na dye remain make I dye am self
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by lepasharon(f): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
zicoraads:

cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Drienzia: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Donnetimmy:
There's no English like 'barb' everyone should take note
shorop... Barb has different meanings... And cutting d hair is one of them... Don't say woh u don't know

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by shakes101(m): 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
I went to cut my hair, after the cut I observed that the hair has gone below what I expected as I usually cut lowcuts but still an old man close to me said so I came to the salon to cut nothing that I should cut it skin cut, I refuse to say anything before they said I insulted somebody
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Saintsquare(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Lies actually. The fathers of today rocked full-on afros in the 70's and 80's and they partied arguably more than our generation. It's hypocritical when they try to play the decency card. But I agree, some haircuts might make people pre-judge you negatively .
say no more

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Engineermbugame(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nah skin i dey rock oo ,der have problem only on my beard.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
lepasharon:
OP those haircuts you posted are fuckboy haircuts grin
cmon, someone cannot do haircut innocently again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Need Banner Designer Or Any Graphics Design Work? Just Click / Ugochi Ihezue Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria MBGN 2017 (Photos) / Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.