Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? (48110 Views)

Man Gets First Haircut In 15 Years To Join Army — See The Transformation / Haircut Styles For Black Men / Cute Afro Men Haircut Styles, Select According To Your Head Shape( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Phi001(m): 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
I was barbing punk and my pops was always complaining. I was stunned the day I barbed Mohawk and he was like it's now I look like his son.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by brostheo(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
franciskaine:
nice afro, but urs plenty OOO. This was my undergraduate style. Now I wear moderate afro
Hahahah I day consider go barb am woh but I they fear all these barbers
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by makydebbie(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Immorttal:
i had a stomach ache laughing. grin are you a comedian?
I got the pic from a friend toogrin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by factorial1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
franciskaine:
maybe your afro is too much, try reducing it. I wear afro too and people often call me Prof and Rev based on my look in afro and my lenses. Afro represents maturity any day.
I do that often. In fact, people call me all sorts like Prof, Bishop (maybe due to my little knowledge of the Scriptures), Pastor etc. It doesn't look rough; it looks nice always. The main issue here is that my mum is the no-fashion type. She doesn't use earrings, make up, braids and all that. She's always look natural herself. So, she's against it and also believes anybody that keeps hair isn't responsible.

That's the main issue, brother.

The hairstyle below is too much in her sight and I can say it was the fullest afro I've kept ever. I cut it just of recent. It pained me ehn.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Bahddo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
FILEBE:

if guys are not meant to have hair it wouldn't grow on the armpit.
exactly smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by cyber5(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
My mum be like when she sees my afro
Iwo omoyi moni ki oye ma ge iru yama yama mo. ( My son i said you should stop having all these crazy haircut again )
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by EddyTeddy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Na small peken u still be jare
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Originalsly: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
some people have this kind of strong face,plus you now go and be carrying dread, scattered on your head like fowl yansh, you sag ontop,
Lwkmd!.... is ok..I got the picture!... is no way I can now disagree with you!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by NevetsIbot(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
addikt:

This is cool for a normal guy that's what they'll say......but really it's cute and cool as there is no extra attachments like dye,parting, relaxer, etc.....this fits every guy...that's what I ruck too! !
gbayi bros....... How often do you refresh the hairstyle?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by NevetsIbot(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
FILEBE:

the camera man mess when you snap the picture?
lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by BioTeck: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
ORIJIN201:
I don't see anything in Haircuts like the one you posted up there, But when I was in my teenage years before 18, My dad was the one paying for my haircut. He screams any time I cut anything close to that up there. when I clicked 18 I jejely stopped collecting nothing from him I just cut what I like ... that didn't stop him from screaming, but I really don't care when he does. My money my Haircut he could Cry me a River about it. undecided

Your dad should cry you a river?...that's even more irresponsible than the haircut.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by ORIJIN201(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
BioTeck:

Your dad should cry you a river?...that's even more irresponsible than the haircut.
yea I know. You not seeing the sarcasm in my post is more irresponsible! undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
First of all your dad is a Nigerian father and then a Christian. That explains why he's like that. Even when you get to his age, there's a high chance you wud scream at ur kids too for such haircuts.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Willybos(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
EKLE:
op i understand what u mean...d only time me and my parents have issues is when i get a new haircut. they want nothing but low cut....they believe styles like mohawk,dreads makes u look like a tout..but the girl child is left alone flaunting different hairstyles with different colours...that's bullshit...they really need to change how they think..i think we should have d freedom 2 style our hair d we it pleases us so far it is neat...when it comes to choice of hairstyle i disobey my parents full time...we have to fight for our rights na[color=#770077][/color]
But in real sense, the matured hairstyle is low cut)))) God bless u all and Happy new year in advance..........
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Why is there a feeding bottle on your head. Do you love kids that much?
brostheo:
All my life it has been old school,my father hated anything style.Its either completely full or low cut or better still skin. um already used to it tho
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
I really love your comment. A lot of Nigerian youths will rather stay at home till they are 31 before they start thinking of moving out. You're a real man.
zicoraads:
Well, y'all should just endure. It's our culture and way in Africa. As long as you live under their roof, they can do almost anything. I remember I moved out of the family house before my 24 birthday. But before I did, I was already working and earning money. Money that was 'enough'. But my Dad was still setting curfews by 9 and warning me that I'll sleep outside if I break it. Some days I'll have to rush back from an office gathering because of the curfew.

I just woke up one day, called a colleague who had recently gotten a new apartment and asked for his agent's number. Less than a week after that, I was in my own place. I just told them since I'm working now, I feel it's time. It came as a shock to them.

Now I do anything I want to do. I sleep outside when I want to, _fuck whoever I want, when I want to, eat whenever, whatever, etc. The time would come for you too. Just be patient and see the love flowing through the lil annoying things they do.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Rhodakayla(f): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
NevetsIbot:
when i barbed this style for the first time. Dad asked if I paid ten naira for the hair cut.

For good two weeks, he kept eyeing me. Lol. Na guess what he rocked bak then... Flat top.

Now he's bald... Nd expects me to barb skin too, laye

You're cute.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Omg, did you just say this. Hahahaha.visa must be like an achievement to you. You should probably talk about footballers also who havetatoos, piercings and weird hairstyles. Do they also cut their hair for visa. Pls spare us the bs...it's people(like you) who see travelling out as a means to an end that cut your hair for it.

Pls they don't care about your look at the embassy if not a lot of the Arabs I see on the plane should have been denied.
tosyne2much:
I no wan argue with you.. The truth is that appearance shows the manner in any part of the world, so stop deceiving yourself

Why do people people try to get the best of haircut when going to the embassy to apply for visa? To look decent shey?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by brostheo(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bitchvibe:
Why is there a feeding bottle on your head. Do you love kids that much?
Feeding bottle on my head? How bro
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by NevetsIbot(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
Rhodakayla:

You're cute.
Awwwwww. Thanks. You're cute too

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
As my role model inspires me (denola grey that is) I tend to barb what's best for me, wat suits me and what flatters the girls. I'm very metrosexual and dandy and I luv my hair a lot. I go to my baber's saloon every weekend(saturdays) either to shape or cut my hair. And I never 4get my signature partin' and the fade style cut. Hehehe... I loathe dreadlocks. But currently crushing 4 flavor's style!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by tosyne2much(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bitchvibe:
Omg, did you just say this. Hahahaha.visa must be like an achievement to you. You should probably talk about footballers also who havetatoos, piercings and weird hairstyles. Do they also cut their hair for visa. Pls spare us the bs...it's people(like you) who see travelling out as a means to an end that cut your hair for it.

Pls they don't care about your look at the embassy if not a lot of the Arabs I see on the plane should have been denied.
You just jumped from nowhere and started blabbing.. We are talking about how appearance can stand against someone, you are here saying whatnot.. Next time, try to grab the message someone is trying to pass across before jumping in

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Maybe you shouldn't have used visa as an example. Interview would have been better. You're the one that should check your post I am allowed to criticize.
tosyne2much:
You just jumped from nowhere and started blabbing.. We are talking about how appearance can stand against someone, you are here saying whatnot.. Next time, try to grab the message someone is trying to pass across before jumping in
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
But it's cool when females wear it??
NNE hapu okwu cry
2dugged:
Some hair styles are just not it,especially this dread that seems to be the new crase in town
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
mrdashing10:
But it's cool when females wear it??
NNE hapu okwu cry
English please
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Izen: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
stupidity:
This is Africa. Adhere to the rules of your African parents. When you start having your own kids. you bring them up in a way you pleases.

People who think like you amaze me. So because it is the culture, people should be put under meaningless bondage? I mean, who made these rules self? That something is normal doesn't make it right. Let's learn to challenge some doctrines when they make no sense and stop being lazy enablers.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
I believe I have passed the info. So don't you read well?
2dugged:
English please
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Aybamie(m): 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
wink winkBros iyee!!!! Are dis yur pics ni?? Show us yur own jhor!!Bros iyee!!!! Are dis yur pics ni?? Show us yur own jhor!!Bros iyee!!!! Are dis yur pics ni?? Show us yur own jhor!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
mrdashing10:
I believe I have passed the info. So don't you read well?
dread those days were associated with juju, what we call dada, how many women rocking dreads look like irresponsible cultists?, I wanted you to translate the whatever you wrote in your language, cos in essence you make no sense if the person you are talking to doesn't understand what you wrote
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by queenitee(f): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
firstclassmumu:
yes
And what exactly is it?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
The Igbo part of the statement wasn't really relevant. It's just like saying every female who wears long skirts/gowns doesnt knack. Appearance has little or nothing to do with character. Our society has misplaced priorities, letting religion and backwardness ruin everything. Believe a nigga. [quote author=2dugged post=52342999]dread those days were associated with juju, what we call dada, how many women rocking dreads look like irresponsible cultists?, I wanted you to translate the whatever you wrote in your language, cos in essence you make no sense if the person you are talking to doesn't understand what you wrote [/quote]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
mrdashing10:
The Igbo part of the statement wasn't really relevant. It's just like saying every female who wears long skirts/gowns doesnt knack. Appearance has little or nothing to do with character. Our society has misplaced priorities, letting religion and backwardness ruin everything. Believe a nigga.
well you are entitled to your opinion,dress the way you want to be addressed doesn't only apply to women,appearance doesn't have everything to do with character so you said,ok I hear you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Need Banner Designer Or Any Graphics Design Work? Just Click / Ugochi Ihezue Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria MBGN 2017 (Photos) / Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.