Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) (1589 Views)

East Asia Woman Wear Traditional Clothes, Beautiful Or Not In Nairalander's Eye? / Girls: Fine Boy With Small Deek Or Ugly Boy With Huge Deeek? I’m / Nairaland Girls Are Either Fake Or Ugly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
My guy and i were really arguing about this. And he said he hardly sees a really pretty girl these days. Even the few ones he sees have got rolls of fat on their bellies, big thighs and hands or looks unkept

He also raised another point that i partially agreed with him. He said they walk around with different colours on their skin; that is a huge turn off.

Me on the other hand think Nigerian women look better
Even though i don't like the new "creamy" skin, i think they have improved in the hair area, in their dress sense and in make up.

Who do you go with. Me or my friend. And what are your reasons.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Sorry, please who knows the New year's date I think I might have forgotten.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
It all depends if they are independent or have a rich husband or boyfriend. Just look at Lind Ikeji, Anne Macaulay, Tonto Dike etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Fabulocity:
Sorry, please who knows the New year's date I think I might have forgotten.
Whats this one saying.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dreamwaker:
It all depends if they are independent or have a rich husband or boyfriend. Just look at Lind Ikeji, Anne Macaulay, Tonto Dike etc
Are you saying there are no pretty dependent or struggling ladies. You sure you understand the topic at all
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Slaveman343:
Are you saying there are no pretty dependent or struggling ladies. You sure you understand the topic at all

I'm saying when a woman is happy in her life, she glows which make a her more beautiful. Same applies to men. And yes any lady who is struggling, living in poverty, relying on men to feed is very unattractive in my own opinion.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dreamwaker:

I'm saying when a woman is happy in her life, she glows which make a her more beautiful. Same applies to men. And yes any lady who is struggling, living in poverty, relying on men to feed is very unattractive in my own opinion.
hahaha truly your opinion
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by hymanflex(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
Well from here, I can tell you categorically that new dawn of fashion trends has catapulted beauty in ladies to an incredible level. Recently I saw some of my WAEC class girls who used to be unkempt then stoning in awesome attires. I think I agree with you on the fact that the beauty in ladies these days both natural and artificial cannot be compared to that of the older days.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by walebizz(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Every one base on their different opinions....tho
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Slaveman343:

It's funny how you are responding to the guy's comment as if the question you asked is an intellectually appetizing one.

Are Nigerian women getting more beautiful or ugly by the day? The way this question is framed, it obviously isn't a question an intelligent person would ask, and it's definitely not one intelligent people would discuss either.

First of all, this question is framed as one of progressive comparison, where you compare "beauty" along a time continuum. For this to work, this time frame should have a beginning, but you never stated it.
Are Nigerian women getting more beautiful, when their beauty is examined from when to when? The question suggests that the improvement in beauty, the decline, or perpetual changes, began from a particular point in time, so, when exactly? The beginning of time? The evolution of modern day Negros? The year 1914 when Nigeria was amalgamated? The year 2002? The beginning of this year? Last week?

Secondly, you didn't even explain what you meant by beautiful. I presume you didn't because you already have a skewed and myopic definition of beauty that you automatically assumed everyone would subscribe to.
You forgot that beauty was subjective and it's perception partly relative to culture and social convention. How can you arrive at an objective answer from a premise that occasions entirely subjective opinions?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Rone16(f): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
The beautiful ones are yet to be born...I think more beautiful by the day due to introduction of many nice skin products, interracial marriages everywhere,etc.And they'll be more beautiful as time goes on
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Creamish(f): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Xensity:

It's funny how you are responding the guy as if the question you asked is an intellectually appetizing one.

Are Nigerian women getting more beautiful or ugly by the day? The way this question is framed, it obviously isn't a question an intelligent person would ask, and it's definitely not one intelligent people would discuss either.

First of all, this question is framed as one of progressive comparison, where you compare "beauty" along a time continuum. For this to work, this time frame should have a beginning, but you never stated it.
Are Nigerian women getting more beautiful, when their beauty is examined from when to when? The question suggests that the improvement in beauty, the decline or perpetual changes, began from a particular point in time, so, when exactly? The beginning of time? The evolution of modern day Negros? The year 1914 when Nigeria was amalgamated? The year 2002? The beginning of this year? Last week?

Secondly, you didn't even explain what you meant by beautiful. I presume you didn't because you already have a skewed and myopic definition of beauty that you automatically assumed everyone would subscribe to.
You forgot that beauty was subjective and it's perception partly relative to culture and social convention. How can you arrive at an objective answer from a premise that occasions entirely subjective opinions?

Well said. This is the only reason this thread is seeing a comment from me so far. smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Xensity:

It's funny how you are responding the guy as if the question you asked is an intellectually appetizing one.

Are Nigerian women getting more beautiful, when their beauty is examined from when to when? The question suggests that the improvement in beauty, the decline or perpetual changes, began from a particular point in time, so, when exactly? The beginning of time? The evolution of modern day Negros? The year 1914 when Nigeria was amalgamated? The year 2002? The beginning of this year? Last week?

Are you saying beauty cannot be objectively judged? That's a vast number of people do not subscribe to a particular kind of beauty?

So why do many if not everyone think someone like Beyonce is pretty. Shouldn't some people think otherwise?

My post is very clear and simple. Don't come and rubbish it with your jargons
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Slaveman343: 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
hymanflex:
Well from here, I can tell you categorically that new dawn of fashion trends has catapulted beauty in ladies to an incredible level. Recently I saw some of my WAEC class girls who used to be unkempt then stoning in awesome attires. I think I agree with you on the fact that the beauty in ladies these days both natural and artificial cannot be compared to that of the older days.
Exactly my views too bruh
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Creamish:

Well said. This is the only reason this thread is seeing a comment from me so far. smiley

Replying to a long, pseudo intellectual post to make it seem like you understand, or as though your comment even matter.
I've got bad news for you son, your comment, like millions of other comments in this particular section (Romance) doesn't matter.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Creamish(f): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Replying to a long, pseudo intellectual post to make it seem like you understand, or as though your comment even matter.
I've got bad news for you son, your comment, like millions of other comments in this particular section (Romance) doesn't matter.

Ur headache...not mine.
Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
Slaveman343:

Are you saying beauty cannot be objectively judged? That's a vast number of people do not subscribe to a particular kind of beauty?

So why do many if not everyone think someone like Beyonce is pretty. Shouldn't some people think otherwise?

My post is very clear and simple. Don't come and rubbish it with your jargons

Beauty is quintessentially subjective. Yes, that's what I am saying. Beauty cannot be objectively judged. A vast amount of people subscribing to a particular kind of beauty doesn't make it an objective evaluation. Beauty is perceptual, and our perception of it is predicated on the tailoring of our minds, which is part genetic and part environmentally influenced, and this perception differs among people. No two people perceive beauty identically. There are always nuances.

Beauty cannot be empirical quantified, and so cannot have an objective definition. What is water? Water is a compound composed of two molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen. This is an objective fact that holds true everywhere in the world. Is Beyonce beautiful? This depends on how people perceive beauty, and people's assessment of her physical attributes cannot be uniform everywhere in the world, and so whether Beyonce is beautiful or not, cannot be objectively determined.

Notions of beauty are modulated by cultural convention. There was a time in history when people like Beyonce, your poster girl form objective beauty, weren't considered as beautiful, instead, more chubby, more fleshy women were the ones considered beautiful.

You are also forgetting that in subjectively evaluating the human body, there are various areas for which beauty is evaluated, and the interfacing of these isolated areas, affects the general evaluation of the individual as beautiful or not. What if I see a woman who I deem as extremely facially attractive, but who doesn't have a physique I find appealing, is this woman beautiful? How about a woman who has a subjectively perfect physique, but who has facial features I find unattractive, is she beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Women Getting More Beautiful Or Ugly By The Day (honest Opinions) by RENOWNED2(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2016
Slaveman343:
My guy and i were really arguing about this. And he said he hardly sees a really pretty girl these days. Even the few ones he sees have got rolls of fat on their bellies, big thighs and hands or looks unkept

He also raised another point that i partially agreed with him. He said they walk around with different colours on their skin; that is a huge turn off.

Me on the other hand think Nigerian women look better
Even though i don't like the new "creamy" skin, i think they have improved in the hair area, in their dress sense and in make up.

Who do you go with. Me or my friend. And what are your reasons.
saw a really cute girl the other day from behind, was blown away.then i saw her upfront...you would think she was hiding a small goat in her dress...what exactly is the cause of this?

(1) (Reply)

Seun All Credits Should Be Given To Naughtytboy For Providing You A Queen. / Ever Wondered What It Feels Like To Be Happy? / Cheating Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.