Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,371 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa (3530 Views)

Former Presidential Candidate Remi Sonaiya Laments High Cost Of British Visa / Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats / Govt Rejects Proposed British Visa Bond Policy, UK Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by becomrich15: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
"wife’s’ date of birth, he said he did not know without checking her passport"

Most nigeria men do not know thier wife birthday. 90% of nigerian do not celebrate birthday. Sometime , 2 or 3 days past before I remember mine.
We dont take that nonsense important. My friend slept in his car for one month because his white wife, did not understand how he could forget her birthday. We dont attach much to thing like this in Nigeria.

95% of nigerian men when they remarry would marry a younger woman. Nobody is ready to marry someone of thier age.or older. She may not be his child.

Why would I want to marry an old woman when women in the thier 23 to 30 years old are still there to be married to. This is how nigeria works.

Obasanjo just got married and He did not marry a woman in her 70's . she is more than 20 years or more young.

This is how africa is. Over here they marry thier age mate or closer. With african, we only marry younger women.

The moment a woman makes a mistake in leaving her first husband. 90% of the time. She can only marry an old man in his 60 or 70 with no teeth. So women stay in your homes.

Why would a man want an old woman for a wife? this is how african think.
They say the younger the better in after.

And look when someone is old in nigeria ,they do not want to live abroad. I know some of my family would have refused to live abroad. Most nigerian grandparent, only want visa to visit thier grandchildren and not to stay because , our culture want us to die at home. It is sometime seen as an abomination to die ourside yorubaland. When you tried to help old people with resident paper, they refuse.
We have an Uhrobo woman here, whose son file for resident, she is here now. And one day, this woman say she is going back to nigeria. And everybody beg her to stay, she refused to get her citizenship, since she has already stay for 30 month. She claim she must die at home.

Chief Obasanjo children are abroad and he would never want to die anywhere expect yorubaland. That what our culture want us to do. That we must die and be buried in yorubaland. And that is why when a yorubaman dies we send the body back to nigeria.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by mekusxxx: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
Otobroto:

Mr Fool, are you still there?

Yu are still a bloody liar. You claimed Igboa are killed in Saudi, I challenged you to show proof and you are showing me Indonesia? So Indonesia is now Saudi?

The so-called statistics is for drug trafficking outside Nigeria. So tell me the statistics inside Nigeria

Do you know that Kano is leading there?
Do you know that Ekiti is number one in Igbo cultivation, followed by Osun, Edo, Delta Ondo?
Do you know that no Igbo woman has been caught with drug compared to Edo and Yoruba women?

Do you know that most of the fraud cases outside Nigeria are committed by Yoruba?
Do you know who is on the EFCC most wanted list?
To arrive at any data, you have to look at every thing. So my bloody liar fried, go back to work and get more facts.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^ you're such a fool.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Otobroto(f): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

Yu are still a bloody liar. You claimed Igboa are killed in Saudi, I challenged you to show proof and you are showing me Indonesia? So Indonesia is now Saudi?

The so-called statistics is for drug trafficking outside Nigeria. So tell me the statistics inside Nigeria

Do you know that Kano is leading there?
Do you know that Ekiti is number one in Igbo cultivation, followed by Osun, Edo, Delta Ondo?
Do you know that no Igbo woman has been caught with drug compared to Edo and Yoruba women?

Do you know that most of the fraud cases outside Nigeria are committed by Yoruba?
Do you know who is on the EFCC most wanted list?
To arrive at any data, you have to look at every thing. So my bloody liar fried, go back to work and get more facts.

I have rested that matter. As for what the last poster said, he is very correct. You can hardly see anyone who will want to die outside his domain. Even Nigeria, parents wants to be buried in their villages.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
Wonders shall never sieze!.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
These is their ugky faces.

Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2009
Father!.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
Daugther

Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
Shameless couple! shocked shocked shocked

Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2009
I pray GOD doesnt repeat what he did during the days of Sodom and Gomorah!.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
This is the height of evil that man can go just for visa.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
If I must comment again, this is a Yoruba man. What pains me here is that, this is the richest culture in Nigeria (I mean Yoruba culture), yet they can get involved in this.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by walakolobo: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
What a stupid diaspora.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by walakolobo: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
selingel:

What a nation!.  grin grin grin

You mean the British Nigerian's nation Britain or which one? Half the diasporians did one or two bizarre things like this to stay where they are- stop being hypocrites!
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
walakolobo:

You mean the British Nigerian's nation Britain or which one? Half the diasporians did one or two bizarre things like this to stay where they are- stop being hypocrites!

I am even not blaming these guys that much (afterall, they have been exposed). You need to hear what these your diasporans do to get papers, water will run down your eyes. Is it a must you live abroad?.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by WilyWily: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
The rate in which Yorubas are having Sexual Intercourse with their Children is alarming, what a Devilish act. Yoruba marrying his own Child and Enjoy BANGING her. God Forbid bad thing. i really Hail Yorubamen.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2009
WilyWily:

The rate in which Yorubas are having Sexual Intercourse with their Children is alarming, what a Devilish act. Yoruba marrying his own Child and Enjoy BANGING her. God Forbid bad thing. i really Hail Yorubamen.

These is the height of incest!. All this just for visa?
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by WilyWily: 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Oboma1:

Shocked, i can't believe it. This is the way Yorubamen live their life? Real Crazy. Yorubamen Banging their Daughter, now i see the reason why they have many disfigured Children.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by AloyEmeka6: 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
Oboma1:

Incest is having sex with ones relation. Is there anywhere in the article where they had sex?. Yes they committed marriage fraud but not incest. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Incest is having sex with ones relation. Is there anywhere in the article where they had sex?. Yes they committed marriage fraud but not incest. embarassed embarassed embarassed

My Dear, you are right, but if a father can go this far, then he can commit incest!.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by TippyTop(m): 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
Speak out people.
Is this accepted in Yoruba culture?
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by becomrich15: 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
I dont think you people have ever been abroad before.

There is something so fish about this story.

A father can sponsor his child. You do not need to marry your daughter.
Why did the man not file for his child in time. if he had lived in britain for 30 years. ?

Two, if he was the grand father of the children. He can file for his grandchildren. why would he go thru a wrong root. And both of them do not look yoruba, they look like igbo , really. That man mostly look like an igboman.

even if the child have enter the country illegally, they have DNA test for the child and prove it is the man child and he files for the child. White people are not that wicked as you people sometime think. they also have process for this thing.

If you have a child as a britain citizen the law says your child is a citizen. so i am confuse about this your story.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by WilyWily: 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
We have to come together and condemn Evil, this Devilish act of Yorubas Banging their Daughters is not commendable and most be condemned, Shit. Any Yorubaman practising this act should be Jailed for life.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Oboma1(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
WilyWily:

We have to come together and condemn Evil, this Devilish act of Yorubas Banging their Daughters is not commendable and most be condemned, Shit. Any Yorubaman practising this act should be Jailed for life.

Let them even start purging themselves first!. This is too much!
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Otobroto(f): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
Please post more bazzare things that this diasporans do to remain abroad. Anyone with more of such reports?
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
I wonder how the relatives of these fools will react in Nigeria.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
I am not trying to sound tribalistic, but it is becoming too much from one tribe. Please check this out as well.

Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her
« on: May 31, 2008, 02:10 PM »
wonders will never end
I read this in the punch newspaper

Many would cry foul and declare his action as abominable. But 44-year-old Samson Adeyemo sees nothing wrong in sleeping with his own daughter and impregnating her.

Indeed the Iragbiji, Osun State-born phone repairer is now at daggers drawn with members of his family who he accused of conspiring to terminate the pregnancy.

He insisted that one of the greatest things that had happened in his life was the express instruction he allegedly received from God not only to sleep with his daughter but also to marry her.

Adeyemo, who is popularly known in his Powerline Road, Sefu Ota, Ibafo, Ogun State as Siridua, told Saturday Punch that violent death loomed over the head of whoever was responsible for the termination of the pregnancy that his daughter was carrying for him. “Whoever spilled the blood of my child will also have their own blood spilled,” he threatened.

Justifying his action, he said he received an instruction from God during one of his prayer sessions about seven months ago to have sex with 18-year-old Aanu, the last of his three children.

“I cried when I got the instruction,” he recalled. “I cried to God and said, ‘Why? Have sex with my own chid? What will people say?’ I began to pray harder but God said He was the one that ordered me to do so.

“When my pleading with the Lord failed, I called my daughter and told her that God said I should have sex with her. She shouted and said, ‘Daddy, your own daughter?’ She then asked me whether God said she would become pregnant if I had sex with her. But I could not provide an answer to that because I did not ask God. And since she is a girl I have trained in the ways of God, she agreed and I began to have sex with her.’”

Adeyemo whose three children are boy and two girls, said his wife left the children behind when she deserted him about 15 years ago. His son and first born, 22-year-old Segun, holds a secondary school certificate and helps him in his phone repair business. The second born, 20-year-old Bimpe, was also living with him before she relocated to Iragbiji to live with her grandmother, while Aanu remained with him in his two-room apartment in Ibafo.

Adeyemo said he called Segun and Bimpe and told them about the instruction he had received from God. They both expressed shock but did nothing to discourage it.

But not long after he started sleeping with Aanu, Adeyemo said he received another instruction to start sleeping with Bimpe too. “When I heard this, I cried endlessly. I said, ‘God, but you know I am yet to come to terms with the strange command to sleep with my last born. Now you want me to start having sex with Bimpe.’ But God said he had made me king over the whole world, so I should not hesitate to do according to His instructions.

“So, when Bimpe came back from her school in Ile-Ife, I called her and told her that God said I should be sleeping with her. She said it was not possible. She was not persuaded by my explanations and she became angry and left. But I continued to sleep with Aanu.”

Adeyemo admitted that he was once taken to a healing home after a mental illness, but he said he was afflicted with madness because he refused to heed a call from God to work for Him.

He said, “God had been calling me to work for him even as a kid, but I refused to heed the call. That was why I got afflicted with madness and my parents took me to Olode Ife for cure. I was a tailor before I heed the call of God. I remember that after I had Segun and Bimpe, I suffered sexual dysfunction. I went into prayers for days, promising God that if he cured me of the dysfunction and I was able to have a child afterward, I would dedicate that child to God.

“The very day I finished the prayers, I slept with my wife and she conceived my last born. That was why I named her Aanuoluwapo (God is merciful). So, if you understand very well, you will know that God probably heard my vow when I said I would dedicate the child to Him if He cured me of sexual dysfunction.

“God told me that He had made me the king over the world. So, when God told me to start sleeping with her, I began to remember what had told God before I had her.”

Adeyemo’s apartment also serves as a church, attended only by him and his children. It was during one of the sessions that Aanu broke the news of her pregnancy about six months ago. She told her father that she had missed her period and feared that she was pregnant.

Adeyemo said, “She said I did not tell her she would be pregnant. I was surprised too because I did not have the instruction that she would be pregnant. I started praying, and I prayed very hard until God revealed that He was the one working, and that Aanu should become my wife. God said since I am the king, He had decided to make Aanu a princess. I was happy and I informed Segun and Bimpe about the happening.”

But two weeks ago, Adeyemo returned home from his shop and found it locked. His five-month pregnant daughter was nowhere to be found, a situation he found very strange.

He said, “I know that she didn’t have any friend around except she went to my neighbour’s house. I went there to look for her but no one had any hint about her movement. I prayed and God told me to relax. I cooked the things I had bought, then I ate and slept. The next day, I decided to travel home to my mother in the village to ask whether Aanu was with her. When I reached the village, Aanu was not there. I then narrated what happened and she was alarmed. I tried to make her understand that I was only carrying out God’s instructions. Then, I called my other two children and accused them of aiding their sister to run away from home since they were the only people whom knew what had happened, but they denied aiding her.”

Next, Adeyemo visited his sister in Gbagada, Lagos, but he did not meet her in her shop where she sells groceries. In anger, he turned everything in the shop upside down and left a message that he gave her 24 hours to return Aanu to him or risk more violence.

He said, “I seized her child but people prevailed on me to release him. I know that my family does not want the world to know what is happening, but it is because they don’t understand. The next day, Aanu came back home and I was happy.”

But his joy was short-lived as he discovered while they slept together in the night, that Aanu’s tummy had become flat. “I touched her breasts and they were wet. Then, I noticed that she was having pads in her pant. How could a pregnant person be wearing pads?

“When the day broke, I asked Aanu what happened to her pregnancy, but she did not answer me, so I beat her. I asked her who was responsible for the termination of the pregnancy but she said she only took drugs. That was when I beat her for lying to me. She became angry and left.

“I will not rest until those who spilled the blood of the unborn child pay heavily for what they did.”

When contacted, Iya Shina, Adeyemo’s younger sister, told Saturday Punch that her brother should not be taken serious because he was not mentally balanced.

She said, “Have you heard such story before, that a man would sleep with his own daughter? Aanu is his last born. It was her elder sister (Bimpe) who told me that their father was sleeping with her (Aanu).

“I was not the one responsible for the abortion. The girl took some drugs on her own before she came to my house. I just saw her bleeding and I had to pay N20,000 in a hospital to get her womb flushed.

“My brother’s case has caused the family a lot of headache. The girl is now in our village; she is no more with him. His wife left him when the girl was about two years old, but I took her from her mother when she was 10. I later allowed her to go and leave with him because he requested for her.”

Speaking on what might be the problem with Adeyemo, Dr Chike Ogbana of the Psychiatric Hospital, Abeokuta, opined that the phone repairer definitely is under some influence.

“It is obvious that he is mentally sick, although he has to be tested in order to ascertain his state of mind. Again that he claims to be hearing some voice indicates that he is not well. The girl too must have suffered trauma because of what she went through in the hand of her father. For such things to happen to the girl for such a long time, the girl must have been somehow threatened, he added.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-138618.0.html
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by Enjoyment1(f): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
Is this not another person from thesame tribe?
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by selingel: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
But people can go to the extreme just to get anything!.
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by vanitty: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
This is definately the extreme, i am no where in her shoes so cannot really criticize. If her wish to be british is so much greater than her morals so be it. Quite cringe-worthy though
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by BSD: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
I wonder if the marriage was consummated? shocked wink
Re: Bizarre: Nigerian Marries Daughter For British Visa by selingel: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

This is definately the extreme, i am no where in her shoes so cannot really criticize. If her wish to be british is so much greater than her morals so be it. Quite cringe-worthy though

There is no point. This couple does not have any morals at all. In fact, they dont deserve to live!. Why would one go to the extreme, just becos you want to deny the country that GOD created you be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% / Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction / Bakassi Indigenes Sue FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.