Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market (1803 Views)

FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / More Photos From Hausa-igbo Clash In Jos / Lalong Declares Curfew In Jos As Hausa And Igbo Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by OKDnigeria: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Tension was high at the Garki Area of Enugu State
on Wednesday following a deadly clash between
the Fulani and the Igbos.

Already, the police in the state confirmed to DAILY
POST that two persons were killed during the
bloody clash.

The deceased persons were identified as one Ali, a
Fulani and Ifeanyi Ifeacho, an Igbo.

The incident is coming few days after a policeman
was killed at the New Artisan Market, prompting
the closure of the market by the State Government.

According to an eyewitness, trouble started when
Ali came from the New Artisan Market with a cow
to slaughter in the Gariki abattoir.

He disclosed that “Ali came to Gariki abattoir
where Ifeanyi worked as attendant to slaughter his
cow, following the closure of New Artisan Market
by the state government early this week.

“When Ali finished slaughtering his cow, he gave
Ifeanyi N400 instead of the N500 fee for
slaughtering a cow in the abattoir.

“Ifeanyi asked him to give him the remaining N100
but the Fulani man remained adamant, insisting
that he would not pay any other money.

“The misunderstanding degenerated to a fight
between the two.”

It was gathered that Ali quickly pulled out a dagger
and stabbed Ifeanyi severally on the stomach.
Ifeanyi slumped on the ground and died on the
spot.

“When he realized what he had done, he (Ali)
attempted to escape from the market but some
outraged Igbo traders grabbed him and killed him
in turn.

“The angry Igbo traders mobilized and burnt down
the mosque inside Gariki market.”

The Spokesman for Enugu State Police Command,
SP Ebere Amaraizu, who had earlier confirmed the
incident through a text message to our
correspondent, said the command deployed anti-
riot policemen to Gariki market immediately to
stop the situation from escalating.

He stated that: “Two persons were confirmed dead
during a clash between an Easterner and a
Northerner over an alleged misunderstanding that
arose between them in the evening at Gariki
Awkunanaw Market.

“Security has been beefed up in the area by Enugu
State Commissioner of Police, Douglas Agbonleni,
to avoid escalation and breakdown of law and
order, just as a full scale investigation has
commenced into the incident.”

dailypost.ng/2016/12/29/two-dead-mosque-burnt-fulani-igbo-clash-enugu-market‎-n500/
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by ozoebuka1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
please not again...may untimely death never be our portion in Jesus name ...amen.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Kylekent59: 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Who brought out a dagger?
Whom did he used d dagger on?
Did the person die?
Who wanted to escape?
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by fastguy10: 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good,
faith in humanity restored

In his next world he will get some sense
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Movic1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Why did they set the Mosque ablaze after they av apprehend and kill the fulani man Dz two groups involved are damn extremist

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
How would you just stab someone! Some people are animals sha.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
These Fulanis have been misbehaving ever since their brother became president. Enugu youths should teach them the lesson of their lives. They can never forget Mile 12 I'm a hurry

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by edudguy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Forgive me I don't believe this story... I think due to the hatred amogst tribes, people cook up things just for people to read and continue the cycle of hatred.... The story is just too cheesy for my liking... I know people will insult me and probably my generation but I think people should confirm their stories before starting the online war I am not saying it did not happen, let us make sure it did before the two parties start their online war..... Picshure or adonbilivit. Please who has that meme

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by greenermodels: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
please somebody in enugu should explain to me,a policeman was killed at the Fulani market prompting it's closure only for a Fulani man to take his cow to the igbo abbatoir and ended killing an igbo man over #100?
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by luvinhubby(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Kylekent59:
Who brought out a dagger?
Whom did he used d dagger on?
Did the person die?
Who wanted to escape?

Fulani herdsman.........always looking for trouble.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by BudeYahooCom: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
Shebi na one nigeria fulani say they want by force. They'll have on our own terms in the East.

Stay on your own, you no gree. Make we dey watch.

I expect their yoruba muslim scoundrels to come lament why Enugu people didn't run from the market and abandon it fulanis like they (yorubas) did in mile12 so that 'peace will reign'.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Eastactivist: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
The taking down of the mosque was a necessity given to the fact that maybe the edifice in the market has made some idiotic miscreants to have relaxed in disadvantage of the host.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by AnambraDota: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fulani incursion in Northern Igboland should be resisted

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Joephat(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
let me book a space and go and found out.
Nobody should take my space oo, I will be back

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Movic1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
BudeYahooCom:
Shebi na one nigeria fulani say they want by force. They'll have on our own terms in the East.

Stay on your own, you no gree. Make we dey watch.

I expect their yoruba muslim scoundrels to come lament why Enugu people didn't run from the market and abandon it fulanis like they (yorubas) did in mile12 so that 'peace will reign'.

It 1 - 1 here shuuu I read the article, Na fulani and igbo dey there What's yoruba biz with that Una wahala too much i swr.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by OKDnigeria: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
May God give us peace in Nigeria. In Jesus name, Amen.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Sealeddeal(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fulanis are terrorists. All of them including Nigeria President.

OP, edit your link to make it live.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by eejo(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
just because of hundred naira chai i weep for nigeria
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Yyeske(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
These Fulanis have been misbehaving ever since their brother became president. Enugu youths should teach them the lesson of their lives. They can never forget Mile 12 I'm a hurry
Stop blaming the president and blame that fat, cry cry baby they elected as governor, what stops him from giving the fulanis the Ekiti treatment?
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by kelechi50: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
An eye for eye,that's Biafra's for you we are not Afonja
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Leopardd(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by ConqueredWest: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Movic1:
Why did they set the Mosque ablaze after they av apprehend and kill the fulani man Dz two groups involved are damn extremist

Guess his tribe.?

Why are these people quick to defend their masters even when they are wrong

Cattle Egrets defending the Masters of the Cattle.

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Deathslater: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fulani can kill people in our villages and go scot free, this is not mile 12 where you can slaughter people like cows. Don't try that rubbish in our cities.
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by konjinus(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na. Wa
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by GMBuhari: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Soon unidentified bodies will be appearing anyhow anywhere

It's never good to cause or maintain tribal wars, it's always messy
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by ConqueredWest: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
GMBuhari:
Soon unidentified bodies will be appearing anyhow anywhere

It's never good to cause or maintain tribal wars, it's always messy

Who is wrong Fulani man or Igbo man.?
Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Movic1(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Guess his tribe.?
Why are these people quick to defend their masters even when they are wrong

Cattle Egrets defending the Masters of the Cattle.

Mstw! Can't you read Ok lemme help you.
Who burn down church in retaliation? H/F North
Who burn down mosque in revange? IG/ East.
Tell me who the hell is defending who here?

Re: Two Dead, Mosque Burnt As Fulani, Igbo Clash In Enugu Market by Mynd44: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2016

(1)

Ikpeazu To Construct The First Flyover In Abia State / Edo State Deputy Gov Angrily Storms Out Of Tribunal / PHOTO: Gambian Artist Paints A Portrait Of President Buhari

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116