Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? (1452 Views)

Why Do We Make Relationships So Complex When Really Its Not? / Things That Makes Long Distance Relationships So Interesting! / Why Are Relationships No Longer As Romantic As Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
I feel like my generation (25 or more) is borderline impossible to have a successful relationship.

Take for instance, I'm a guy and my last two relationships have been unsuccessful. It's not just me though, I see if everywhere people are constantly breaking up, tons of single moms plus dads as well. Is society just too selfish for relationships now? I feel like no one wants to work through the hard times that naturally happen in relationships. Your thoughts?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by dingbang(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
The best relationships are those that are challenging, because at the end. They stand the test of time
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by taiocol: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Just two and you are complaining
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by makydee(f): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Here to read comments
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
Cause a lot of people are selfish. No one wants to sacrifice for the other. And when one partner is always giving without getting anything in return apart from sexxx,which in return leads to pregnancies there will breakup wiithn a month or there will be streams of baby mama and baby daddy's.
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
taiocol:
Just two and you are complaining
You have been in tons of relationship I suppose?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by bitchcrafts: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
No reason for your question. Ask another one pls
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Doctorfitz: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bros no b only u oo. This night I just weak..... Girls are cruel...

Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fuqman:

I feel like my generation (25 or more) is borderline impossible to have a successful relationship.

Take for instance, I'm a guy and my last two relationships have been unsuccessful. It's not just me though, I see if everywhere people are constantly breaking up, tons of single moms plus dads as well. Is society just too selfish for relationships now? I feel like no one wants to work through the hard times that naturally happen in relationships. Your thoughts?
You feel so because of our easy access to information via social media. Our fathers and grandfathers era consisted of breakups and bad relationships too, just that they didn't have access to twitter to tweet about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amelian:
Cause a lot of people are selfish. No one wants to sacrifice for the other. And when one partner is always giving without getting anything in return apart from sexxx,which in return leads to pregnancies there will breakup wiithn a month or there will be streams of baby mama and baby daddy's.

You are smart wink

BTW... What is baby daddy cheesy
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

You are smart wink

BTW... What is baby daddy cheesy

Smiles thanks smiley

Baby daddy is an unmarried guy with a kid or several kids from either one woman or from different ladies.. One can call them single dads too.
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amelian:

Smiles thanks smiley

Baby daddy is an unmarried guy with a kid or several kids from either one woman or from different ladies.. One can call them single dads too.

Yo remember me? wink...

Not a good history smiley

But all the same... I am sorry wink
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lotsa people go into relationships for the wrong reasons. It's always about the sex or the money..
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Yo remember me? wink...

Not a good history smiley

But all the same... I am sorry wink

Hmm nope.. I don't remember and why sorry? undecided

Have we Met before?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nma27:
You feel so because of our easy access to information via social media. Our fathers and grandfathers era consisted of breakups and bad relationships too, just that they didn't have access to twitter to tweet about it.
In the days of our fathers, it was indeed an abomination to divorce or for an unmarried woman to get pregnant. I think they had the best moment when it comes to relationships and marriage. They value potentials and true love.
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by LordIsaac(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fuqman:

Lack of sincerity, inordinate affection and erosion of core values!
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amelian:

Hmm nope.. I don't remember and why sorry? undecided

Have we Met before?

Don't worry.. have a nice night... lol
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Don't worry.. have a nice night... lol

Hmmmmmmm
Ok
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Monalisa185(f): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
here to read comments......

#dazzalcheesy
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amelian:
Honestly, love is kinda cliché and its funny when people throw around that word love like it is a market place. Trading and negotiating to get what they want. Perhaps, I've been making the wrong choices or relationships aren't meant for me.
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's end time, remember?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fuqman:
Honestly, love is kinda cliché and its funny when people throw around that word love like it is a market place. Trading and negotiating to get what they want. Perhaps, I've been making the wrong choices or relationships aren't meant for me.

Relationships are meant for you and every other person you there. But trust me, a lot of people don't know what love is all about and they wil profess it even before meeting up with u. And one wonder , what the heck does this guy know about me that makes him love so quickly.. And as weeks progresses into month . Just one single test, mehn he scrams like kilode.

But if I may ask what type of ladies do u go for?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amelian:

Relationships are meant for you and every other person you there. But trust me, a lot of people don't know what love is all about and they wil profess it even before meeting up with u. And one wonder , what the heck does this guy know about me that makes him love so quickly.. And as weeks progresses into month . Just one single test, mehn he scrams like kilode.

But if I may ask what type of ladies do u go for?
Typically extremely beautiful ladies with a little bit attitude. I made a wide and unjust choice and I will adjust to the average or mostly bookish ladies or maybe I need to care more.
why did you ask? its quite unusual for me to pour out my feelings online. Am somewhat discreet.
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Fuqman post=52374435] Typically extremely beautiful ladies with a little bit attitude. I made a wide and unjust choice and I will adjust to the average or mostly bookish ladies or maybe I need to care more.
why did you ask? its quite unusual for me to pour out my feelings online. Am somewhat discreet.[/quote

Awwww. Sorry about the confessions smiley
Am like this, as in people confide in me a lot, be it bad or good smiley
One of my. Magical powers I would say smiley
But don't worry u are in safe hands.

And inbetween your new choices in females could work out.
Try it out and see
Are u the one on your profile pic?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Amelian post=52374760][/quote] You gotta be a great magician and I like to know the magic secret. Yeah I am the one and hopefully it doesn't bother anybody...
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by FreeSpirited: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
There's is a paradigm shift of how a relationship should be compare to those days, and its now entirely unrealistic, cos its sheer materialism, unending fantasies and pleasure being promoted and absorbed from social media. Sadly, this is the mental picture of how we think a relationship should be........whereas, long lasting relationship is built on reality

1 Like

Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Fuqman:
You gotta be a great magician and I like to know the magic secret. Yeah I am the one and hopefully it doesn't bother anybody...

Lol.. If I tell you the secret? Then hey! It's no longer a secret. smiley
So don't worry bruv! It's a secret I intend taking to my grave. So help me God, amen.
Nope your pic doesn't disturb anyone. U are gud!
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Fuqman(m): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2016
wink
Amelian:

Lol.. If I tell you the secret? Then hey! It's no longer a secret. smiley
So don't worry bruv! It's a secret I intend taking to my grave. So help me God, amen.
Nope your pic doesn't disturb anyone. U are gud!
Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others. Give me a fresh start, because knowledge shared can give you immortality. . Don't you think so?
Re: Why Are Relationships So Difficult These Days? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2016
Fuqman:
wink Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others. Give me a fresh start, because knowledge shared can give you immortality. . Don't you think so?

Lol.. Not in this case smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Like About Romance Section? / Nigerian Couple Recreate Simi And Falz' Photos For Pre-wedding Shoot / Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.