Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,718 members, 7,959,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. (10108 Views)

Fani-kayode Carpets Presidency Over Claim That Opposition Sponsoring Killings / The Cultists Saraki Was Accused Of Sponsoring, Paraded By Police (Photos) / "I Am Not Sponsoring Fulani Herdsmen" - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:06am On Dec 30, 2016
[quotr]Factional National Chairman of the People’s D e m o c r a t i c Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff yesterday said the victory against Boko Haram by men of the Nigerian Army has clearly vindicated him from widespread allegation that he was the major financier to the insurgents.

Sheriff, who disclosed this in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, while addressing a mammoth crowd of party supporters during a familiarisation visit to the state, said he was wrongly accused of being the financier of Boko Haram insurgents.

The former governor of Borno State said Borno State was worse hit by the activities of the terrorists among other states in the North East, which had become hotbed of the insurgents, where scores of people had been killed.

He lamented that he was also a victim of the crisis as he lost his step mother, cousin and candidate in one of the attacks, even as he commended the Nigerian Army for winning the war against terrorists in the country.

“Borno State suffered a lot due to the activities of Boko Haram and I want to use this opportunity to thank the Nigerian Army for the defeat and add that I was one of the victims of the insurgency because I lost my step mother, cousin and a candidate of my party to Boko Haram.” Sherrif said.

According to him, he was in Benue State as part of the fulfillment of his promise to the people of the state during their visit to him in Abuja.

While stressing that for the party to attain enviable heights, he noted that power must return to the grassroots, whom he said are the real owners of the party.

Sheriff, who said he was poised to rid the party of impunity and woo more supporters to its fold, explained that PDP lost woefully in the last general elections due to the greed of some ex- governors, even as he said that there would be no impunity again as long as he remained the national leader of the party.

He carpeted former Minister of Communication, Prof. Jerry Gana for saying 90 per cent of the party is with the Senator Ahmed Makarfi- led faction, saying the other faction is peopled with individuals, who only rant on the television and who have lost value in the communities.

The national factional leader of the party in the state, Senator Joseph Akaagerger described the visit of Senator Sheriff as significant, and lauded the synergy between Benue and Borno States.

He, however, assured his supporters that all necessary machinery had been put in place for the victory of the party in 2019 general elections.[/quote]

https://newtelegraphonline.com/sheriff-wrongly-accused-sponsoring-boko-haram/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2016
Swear by the Quran if you didn't fund them and use them as your foot soldiers during your tenure as governor. Swear you didon't appoint one of them as your Commissioner

11 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by ENGINEous(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Emekamex(m): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2016
I still don't understand why this guy and senator Ndume are still walking freely and holding political posts even after a lot of incriminating evidences against them.

4 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by SexyNairalander: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2016
booked
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by ucee64(m): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Mr. Sheriff shouldexplain to Nigerians the basis of the appointment of Alhaji Buji Foi, a boko haram leader as the Commissioner for Religious Affairs by his government. Alhaji Foi was made acabinet member as a compensation to the boko haram sect for supporting the governor’s re-election in 2003. He later resigned from the Sheriff government. He too was extra-judicially killed after his arrest by the soldiers.

9 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Life4Varnity: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Oya swear if you know say na lie

Una matter don tire person
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by OlympianZeus(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Sheriff. One of the greatest Northern saboteurs and liars.

Was it not in ur house that they found a relative of yours who was a boko haram member?

All the investigations made into your activities was it not made by top dss agencies?

Can you categorically say Jonathan was witch hunting you like buhari is doing today?

Abeg spare us your lies., we know the evil men who try to bring discord in this nation.

Even Buhari himself is a Suspect.
Just because you're hiding behind buhari's skirt playing Northern brotherhood to destabilize pdp doesn't mean your evil wont catch up with you.
One day the truth will come out.

15 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by baloest: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2016
U no follow den dem call ur name, u better change ur ways
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Atiku2019: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2016
PDP National Chairman self undecided
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by adonbilivit: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2016
whats with all of u saying he should swear? na today? u can lie and swear and nothing will happen to you, at least not immediately. only God knows if he sponsored them or not
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Slazenger: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Really?
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by omojeesu(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Whether you are telling the truth or not you know, God knows, Satan knows and some of your close friends.
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2016
But rightfully accused of creating them right?
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Sabergol99(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2016
90 percent of indegenious Oil-well owners are Northern Muslims. It only takes one fanatic among them to sponsor terrorism with an unlimited supply of Weapons of mass destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Sabergol99(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2016
90 percent of indegenious Oil-well owners are Northern Muslims. It only takes one fanatic among them to sponsor terrorism with an unlimited supply of Weapons of mass destruction.

4 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Promismike(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2016
Ok, dont worry. lets ask El Rufai.

El Rufai; Buhari and Sheriff are terrorist!

ok! your brother said so not me.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by chiefolododo(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2016
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by wildchild1: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2016
El Oh El grin

Check my signature
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by bonechamberlain(m): 8:19am On Dec 30, 2016
That sambisa forest has been cleared doesn't exonorate you from being one of the sponsors
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Cekpo34(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2016
He did sponsor and used them against his political opponents. One thing is certain, he wasn't visionary enough to detect the monstrous repercussions of paying the Yusufiyya #10 million monthly for about 2 years

1 Like

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by victorazy(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2016
Life4Varnity:
Oya swear if you know say na lie

Una matter don tire person

Na them make this con3 no dey go forward.
Other state is building 15 suspended floors hospital building as the best in Africa these ones are here breading wolfs.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Rozaystunna(m): 8:23am On Dec 30, 2016
Na so

1 Like

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by babdap: 8:33am On Dec 30, 2016
But you promised their Sloan leader Yusuf establishment of Islamic State which is their basis for their madness.
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by tuna4servi(m): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2016
Wo na una sabi oooo but I know I I'm going places this coming 2017 in Jesus. If u like sponsor Osama in d grave
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by adeoye27(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2016
Though,i have my reservation on PDP power tussle but if the two factions have the love of their party in thier hearts, they would have allowed peace to reign.Some said Sheriff is being used to destroy the party,either true or not posterity will judge and Nigeria history will never forgive those whose thier aim is to bring Nigeria to her kneels.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by wtfCode: 8:38am On Dec 30, 2016
He talking sh!t
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by calyfa01(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2016
You were at Kano Airport earlier than the Chief of Army Staff when the armed plane landed at Kano. Neither you was the Defence Minister nor even you Chairing Senate Committee on Security Affairs. And why was it were you assigned with lots of security operatives despite the fact that you were not the only senator in the state? Mr contractor soon the truth must speak for itself..
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2016
If it quacks like a duck, it is definitely a duck.
Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by BudeYahooCom: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2016
Sherrif the darliing of APC zombies and Buhari fighting to destroy PDP opposition. Boko people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. by BlackBaron: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2016
Mr Sheriff in a bid to get re elected, cuddled up to the group then due to their populist acceptance amongst borno people. He famously promised them sharia in return for votes.
Subsequently, the terrorist group got out of control as they felt despite all, they wanted a parallel existence to the constitution.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supreme Court Strikes Out Suit Challenging Gov Wike's Eligibility / Justice Ikpeme Sworn-in As Substantive Chief Judge, Cross River State / 22 Anti-impeachment Protesters Arrested In Nassarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.