Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid (923 Views)

Couple Who Met In Primary School Got Married & Have A Kid Who Now Attends Same / The Worst Past You Ever Heard From A Partner. / 7 Lies That Make Ladies Fall Into Premarital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2016
Nigerian parents deceived us a lot.
As kids, we depended on our parents for a lot of things, and in our eyes, they could do no wrong. Little did we know that they lied to us regularly and sold us dreams. Here are some lies you probably told as a kid.

1 Like

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:32am On Dec 31, 2016
1. ‘Tell me the truth, I won’t beat you’
This was the tactic they used when they were trying to get you to confess to a wrongdoing. The truth never set anyone free. They always flogged us.

1 Like

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2016
2. ‘Oya go and wear your shoes, I’m waiting for you.’
By the time you come back with the shoes, they’d be nowhere to be found. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2016
3. ‘I always came first in class’.
If everyone’s parents came first in class, then who came second?

1 Like

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2016
4 If you sit near a boy, you’d get pregnant
As if pregnancy is transmitted through mere skin contact.

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2016
5 Mummy’s tummy is big because she ate too much
This was the lie they used to explain pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2016
grin grin ;

Every African parent was first in their class grin
Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2016
6. If a lizard sees your teeth it won’t grow back
They just made up a random lie so we wouldn’t flash our missing teeth everywhere.

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Did we leave out any lie? Tell us in the comments. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy buh dont forget to check my signature is ging to be fun and intresting https://www.nairaland.com/3523168/nairaland-beach-party-2016-come pm me if uintrested to join the whatsup group.......
Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by IamLEGEND1: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Bring that money uncle gave you let me keep it for you.....
FOR WHERE?!
dah money don go be that.
Looking back now,I mumu die back then no be Small.

1 Share

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by GaggleNSwallow: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2016
Me: Daddy, what are you eating? Give me.

Daddy: It's not for kids. If you eat it you'll never grow up.

Me: Eeh, I don't want to grow up. Still give me.

Daddy: And you may go blind too.

Me: I want to go blind. Give me.

Daddy: You'll die if you eat it.

Me: Yes, I want to die. Give me.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4680077_1guxmz_jpeg0e85325002d367dd1a8d3b03c0e25d59
Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2016
shocked

I'd be like

1 Like

Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by Lh19(m): 11:44am On Dec 31, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Nigerian parents deceived us a lot.
As kids, we depended on our parents for a lot of things, and in our eyes, they could do no wrong. Little did we know that they lied to us regularly and sold us dreams. Here are some lies you probably told as a kid.

angry angry angry

Na this one dey carry deceive us pass
Re: 7 Lies You Definitely Heard From Your Nigerian Parents When You Were A Kid by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2016
8. If you drink coconut water you won't know book again

9. If we swallow orange seed, orange would grow on our head

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Scared Of Marrying A More Successful Lady? Can You Marry One? / I Had 1 Abortions And 2 Misscourages!!!any Experience About This?? / I Want 20-inch D**k - Released By Nigeria Singer Princess Vitarah - Video 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.