Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? (49379 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Lost Calendar From Iphone X? / Apple’s Working On A Fix For Mass Icloud Calendar Notification Spam / How To Transfer Calendar From Samsung S4 To S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by evansjeff(m): 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
Emma5097:

Hehehehehehe. Well my brother happy new year and there's no disputing the fact that.......
wish you same
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by evansjeff(m): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
[quote author=Babzilla post=52436349][/quote]happy new year
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Caseless: 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
ShakaZullu:

Caseless ma boy happy new year Insha'Allah amin grin

grin grin grin

Same to you , my brother.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ayoxelee(m): 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.

probably d Muslims that dnt undstand there religion

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Caseless: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
but I saw Muslims yesterday in a very large number that I have never seen before, praying till 1am or do Muslims pray on Saturdays
I prayed too. Where we are here no one makes that elaborate. The reason you find Muslims attaching to this is because of the system-the government uses Gregorian calendar and our activities are measured and dated by it . If we identify with it, nothing bad , but we must always look for Islamic equivalence of the Gregorian version especially when marking Islamic events. The Gregorian is not superior to the Muslims' , in fact , it came before it. Trust me, today, if our government decides to use the Islamic calendar, it will create the same presence just as the Gregorian one.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ayoxelee(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
4watever:
The truth is that science and Christianity are interwoven. And as much as Seun and the other atheist would like to disparage Christianity, their world (and indeed the entire world) has been shaped and governed by laws which emanate from the application of principles in the bible.
The bible is the greatest book of philosophy ever written.

It encourages hard work, supports research, encourages you to excel, tasks you to the limit and contains d deepest wisdom known to man.

Even If you never heard of Christianity or Judaism and you come accross a bible and start reading out of curiosity; before you are halfway gone, the deep truths will start hitting you like heavyweight punches.

proof pls
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ghostmist: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
MAYOWAAK:
Our dualistic (God-devil) reasoning is fake. How do I know? It's because God and the devil are always playing the game according to our rules. We are the God and we are the devil.

Calendars are artificial. On the Gregorian calendar, a year is ending today. But on the other calendars — the Islamic calendar, the Julian calendar, the Ethiopian calendar, the Coptic calendar, etc — there's no year that is ending today.

But because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our God is planning to release prophecies to his servants tonight. He is also planning to bless some people in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. God works according to our calendar. That's why he is our own God. Those using the other types of calendar have their own Gods too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours. For instance, Allah is not planning to bless anybody in a new year tomorrow as his own new year isn't starting tomorrow.

And because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our demons are planning to prevent some people from seeing the new year tomorrow. They are also planning to wreck havoc in some people's lives in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. Our Satan and demons work according to our calendar. That's why they are our own Satan and demons. Those using the other types of calendar have their own devils too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours.

We are the God and we are the devil.
grin

this shiit got me rolling on the floor.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by GerogeI(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
To answer your question.
First you need to recognize the origin of month and year counting.
It seems the earth was ideally designed for a 360 days year, with 12 months of 30 days each, but the actuality is that the system has slightly deviated from this.

Most civilisation including moslems, and the Benin kingdom recognised the periodicity of the moon, they used it for a calender that matched agricultural needs. More civilisations found a timing based on periodicity of the sun more useful eg. Egyptians.

Many calenders of the ancient world were invented, however the mordern world or Romans with their more advanced knowledge of astronomy recognized the miss match between the solar and lunar cycles. They have tried various calender schemes that satisfy bothas best as possible, however with more focus on the solar cycle. The Gregorian calender is the most accepted, based on adtronomical knowledge, matching the exact solar cycles at least every four years. That is why most mordern authorities have no desire to reinvent the wheel. Lunar calenders are not very practical for the mordern world inspite of their religious value.
If you want the details, look here:
http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/ancient-timekeepers-part4-calendars/

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
happy new year
Same to U brother
May we live long in good health and happiness
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by titosantana(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

That's not true!. Every nation is not celebrating the new year today. Chinese new year for example; fall on the following days:-

2017 date Saturday, 28 January.
2018 date Friday, 16 February.
2019 date Tuesday, 5 February.

The only reason it appears that way to you is because as Dr. John. H. Clarke put it 'in slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain removed without opening the skull'. Everything about us has been stolen and replaced with whatever white people want us to believe.

The Arab world also do have their calendar and I' am sure this's not new year day in Saudi Arabia.

But, since your question is "why" I'll go straight to why.

What happened is that when Rome was a world power, the popes, example; Pope Alexander Borgia IV, after stealing world history to their credit, including changing the image of Jesus Christ who was originally a black man to his son a white man, also used the date of the birth of the fake Jesus as the beginning of time.

The early Roman catholic even made a mistake, cause modern calculation put the death of Jesus around 1,505 years ago not 2,000 years ago.

Of course, dfferent countries still use their own calendar internally. I' am sure North Korea is not celebrating the new year today.

Really, the question you're asking is like asking; why does every country use the US dollar?.
Great analysis! I only have problem with where you made it sound as though it's only Blacks that imbibe the Gregorian calendar.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by IslamicRebel01: 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
This is an important message to all Christians and Shiites that must not be ignored. In Bahrain, gunmen have freed terrorists from prison. Now what is interesting is that Bahrain is mainly Sunni, just like Nigeria. Shiites have been killed and persecuted just like the Shiites in Nigeria. Boko Haram have been freed by terrorist Buhari and the same thing is happening in Bahrain. The Sunnis have a global agenda to kill and dominate. Please share this message to all Christians and please be watchful.

Already, there have been attacks this Christmas in Egypt, Turkey, Southern Kaduna in Nigeria, Iraq, etc.

Read the news below:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38483978
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Emescot(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
jeyselassie:
you cant
I will prove you wrong u'll see
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year from me and my family

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Emescot(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Mockinbird:

New Year's is just a holiday created by calender companies who don't want you reusing last year's calender.

STOP treating New year's like some sort of life-changing event.
If your life sucked last year, it's probably still going to suck tomorrow.

#Fact.
Sometimes our lives suck because we let it, but the idea of a new year gives you hope and makes it look like its time to try again this year.. U see the more u experience new years the more you look at urself and realise that time is going very fast and you need to keep up!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Mockinbird: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
Emescot:
Sometimes our lives suck because we let it, but the idea of a new year gives you hope and makes it look like its time to try again this year.. U see the more u experience new years the more you look at urself and realise that time is going very fast and you need to keep up!
Must you experience new years before you realise time is up?!
Smh.
The best thing is to change your mind cos "if you can change your mind, you can change your LIFE"~ Budha.
One should be able to change his mind any time he desires, now waiting for new years.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

That's not true!. Every nation is not celebrating the new year today. Chinese new year for example; fall on the following days:-

2017 date Saturday, 28 January.
2018 date Friday, 16 February.
2019 date Tuesday, 5 February.

The only reason it appears that way to you is because as Dr. John. H. Clarke put it 'in slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain removed without opening the skull'. Everything about us has been stolen and replaced with whatever white people want us to believe.

The Arab world also do have their calendar and I' am sure this's not new year day in Saudi Arabia.

But, since your question is "why" I'll go straight to why.

What happened is that when Rome was a world power, the popes, example; Pope Alexander Borgia IV, after stealing world history to their credit, including changing the image of Jesus Christ who was originally a black man to his son a white man, also used the date of the birth of the fake Jesus as the beginning of time.

The early Roman catholic even made a mistake, cause modern calculation put the death of Jesus around 1,505 years ago not 2,000 years ago.

Of course, dfferent countries still use their own calendar internally. I' am sure North Korea is not celebrating the new year today.

Really, the question you're asking is like asking; why does every country use the US dollar?.

Every Nation is celebrating the new year's day today except Iran, Ethiopia, Nepal and Saudi Arabia. China recognizes the Gregorian calendar too I guess that's why the new year 2017 was ushered in yesterday with fireworks in Beijing and HongKong. They all see the calendar to be more stable than even the previous Julian calendar in which new year's day could fall on Christmas day or all other lunar-based calendar. Yes, there is the traditional Chinese calendar. It's simply traditional and the dates vary every year. This year it will be celebrated between January 21 and first week of February. Chinese take a TWO-WEEK holiday during this period

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
Malolu:

Every Nation is celebrating the new year's day today except Iran, Ethiopia, Nepal and Saudi Arabia. China recognizes the Gregorian calendar too I guess that's why the new year 2017 was ushered in yesterday with fireworks in Beijing and HongKong. They all see the calendar to be more stable than even the previous Julian calendar in which new year's day could fall on Christmas day or all other lunar-based calendar. Yes, there is the traditional Chinese calendar. It's simply traditional and the dates vary every year. This year it will be celebrated between January 21 and first week of February. Chinese take a TWO-WEEK holiday during this period

Isn't that exactly what I said? I said every country is not celebrating the new year today.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

Isn't that exactly what I said? I said every country is not celebrating the new year today.

Sure, all your info are correct. I was just mentioning that the Chinese new year which you mentioned is solely traditional, just like we celebrate New Yam festival and all. It's basically lunar-based.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
titosantana:

Great analysis! I only have problem with where you made it sound as though it's only Blacks that imbibe the Gregorian calendar.

What I mean is that he don't know its not new year day in every country in the world. He don't know it ought not be new year in Africa as well, if our history and culture were to be intact without pollution by Europe.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by titosantana(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
silent10:

Stop spreadin lies. No Muslim go to mosque on 31st dec to celebrate new year. I repeat no Muslim.
He's not lying! I've also seen this too in Lagos. The Imam ask everyone to come to mosque by 11p.m on the 31st Dec. for a special prayer: during this prayer they recited Quran, khutbah and Asalatu.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by nutarious(f): 5:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

I think I told you at the bottom, I said the question you're asking is like asking, why the US dollar is used in every country. Of course, there have to be a universal date to avoid confusion when dealing with foreigners.

The Chinese, Arabs, e.t.c would only use the Gregorian date when dealing with the outside world, not internally.

You must differentiate between the Biblical Jews and Aknazi Jews. The people who call themselves Jews today are not the same as the Jews of the Bible. They're Aknazi Jews originating from a Germanic tribe in Europe.

The Jews the Bible is talking about were originally from Ethiopia and there were blacks.

Amos 9: 7 -KJV- Ethiopians were called Israelites.
Jeremiah 14: 2 - KJV- Judah from where Christ came from was specifically called black.

Note: Read from the king James version, cause reference to Jews and Judah ss blacks has been deleted from subsequent Bible translations. And no matter the Bible you use, if you see Cush or Cushites, Cush = Ethiopia and Cushites = Ethiopians.

See the lost history http://www.africason.com/2016/01/the-lost-history-why-was-black-history.html

If you have any reference in the Bible where the Jews or Jesus was described as white, I will delete my nairaland account.

Seriously, those Scriptures you quoted affirms Jesus is Black? It's been a while I saw an height of blind error display. Don't just read something somewhere and not have it researched before writing. Though it dosnt Mata if Jesus was black or not his mission is the sole important thing. But Lemme puncture ur foolish assertion, Muslims, pagans, atheist and Christians have a record of Rome been in Jerusalem making them a subject. No record of Rome in Ethiopia so I wonder where u get ur assertion. Lastly, it's okay to write but it's not okay to put it on social Media cos it definitely gonna cause confusion. digest scripture with commentaries both of writers around that time of event who wrote even without be a subject of belief but Popular writer then compare with the ones who belief like teachers then u can conclude. Thanks.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by miqos02(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
yes u are correct
Malolu:

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
nutarious:

Seriously, those Scriptures you quoted affirms Jesus is Black? It's been a while I saw an height of blind error display. Don't just read something somewhere and not have it researched before writing. Though it dosnt Mata if Jesus was black or not his mission is the sole important thing. But Lemme puncture ur foolish assertion, Muslims, pagans, atheist and Christians have a record of Rome been in Jerusalem making them a subject. No record of Rome in Ethiopia so I wonder where u get ur assertion. Lastly, it's okay to write but it's not okay to put it on social Media cos it definitely gonna cause confusion. digest scripture with commentaries both of writers around that time of event who wrote even without be a subject of belief but Popular writer then compare with the ones who belief like teachers then u can conclude. Thanks.

I have no time to deal with your ignorance.

Muslims don't believe Jews are white!. That's exactly the reason they refuse to recongnize Israel as a state. A former Palestine minister once told them saying "we don't recognize you as a state because you left the Middle East black and came back as whites".

The place known today as Middle East were inhabited by blacks at that time in human history. That's exactly why Jesus was rebelling against foreign occupation.

While you enjoy your foolery and indoctrination, show me where the bible referenced Jesus or Jews as whites.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by tunnyl(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
I read it takes the earth 365 days to revolve around the sun.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by kjhova(m): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia officially switched to the Gregorian calendar in 2016.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by nutarious(f): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

I have no time to deal with your ignorance.

Muslims don't believe Jews are white!. That's exactly the reason they refuse to recongnize Israel as a state. A former Palestine minister once told them saying "we don't recognize you as a state because you left the Middle East black and came back as whites".

The place known today as Middle East were inhabited by blacks at that time in human history. That's exactly why Jesus was rebelling against foreign occupation.

While you enjoy your foolery and indoctrination, show me where the bible referenced Jesus or Jews as whites.

. Lol! U amaze me, like seriously. First what's definition of White! You mock urself. Lemme ask for clarity so I know how to answer you, there are black Indians, brown and Caucasian Indians. There are blacks in Africa yet there white if it's the skin colour you referring too. CHAD and Sudan are in the scripture, Sudan has it both mix. Please what do u mean by White?

Lastly Palestinians have never said anything like Jews been Black. There major arguments were The Jews were not occupants or lemme say original occupants of the land space they are occupying. if u have studied the Jewish custom and read about them u can really say they are Travellers but their last point of dwelling was Jerusalem.

Don't just read poo online and not dig it out. This goes for religion, if u are a Christian dig ur religion, same with Islam if u are an atheist dig it out. Don't just assume. Of all ur writeup I have no understanding but of the Scriptures you quoted you err.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
nutarious:

. Lol! U amaze me, like seriously. First what's definition of White! You mock urself. Lemme ask for clarity so I know how to answer you, there are black Indians, brown and Caucasian Indians. There are blacks in Africa yet there white if it's the skin colour you referring too. CHAD and Sudan are in the scripture, Sudan has it both mix. Please what do u mean by White?

Lastly Palestinians have never said anything like Jews been Black. There major arguments were The Jews were not occupants or lemme say original occupants of the land space they are occupying. if u have studied the Jewish custom and read about them u can really say they are Travellers but their last point of dwelling was Jerusalem.

Don't just read poo online and not dig it out. This goes for religion, if u are a Christian dig ur religion, same with Islam if u are an atheist dig it out. Don't just assume. Of all ur writeup I have no understanding but of the Scriptures you quoted you err.

If you don't know whites are caucasians, then I shouldn't be holding this discussion with you.

Yes, indeed, the Jews were travelers traveling from Ethiopia to the middle East and other parts of the world. Again, that's why Palestinians refuse to recognize them as a state, because the say white people cannot be the Biblical Jews. The late president of Egypt, Gamal Abdel Nasser, once stated on television saying "you (the Jews) will never be able to live here in peace, because you left here black but came back white. We cannot except you!".

I can't help you, if you don't know the history of what's going on over there.

You're the one quoting online trash without researching. I have already done my research and I've supported my claim with Biblical references.

Amos 9: 7 -KJV- Ethiopians were called Israelites.
Jeremiah 14: 2 - KJV- Judah from where Christ came from was specifically called black.

Show me biblical passages to support your claim.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by GerogeI(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

What I mean is that he don't know its not new year day in every country in the world. He don't know it ought not be new year in Africa as well, if our history and culture were to be intact without pollution by Europe.

Sorry Bro,
Burst the bubble. On the Gregorian Calender, the maximum error in the actual new year, meaning the time at which the Earth, physically complete a cycle around the sun is about 0.25 day. The real length of the earth solar cycle is 365.242 days, we can normally count 365, the error is 0.242 days. Meaning at all points on earth the new year occurs at + or - 0.242 days on Dec 31. It is a scientific basis. Anyone not celebrating new year on this day is just being ceremonial and symbolic, but inaccurate.

The only thing one can choose differently is the origin of the count. Why start on Jan 31st. Why not make March 20 the day 1, What ever origin you choose, it should repeat within 365 days + or - 0.242. This should be same within same day on the gregorian Calender. This is not. About culture or religion, it is simply astronomy.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by 4watever: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
ayoxelee:

proof pls

Go read the book of proverbs. It's a good place to start.

Read with an open mind. Like someone who's genuinely seeking knowledge and wisdom.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by musicwriter(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
GerogeI:

Sorry Bro,
Burst the bubble. On the Gregorian Calender, the maximum error in the actual new year, meaning the time at which the Earth, physically complete a cycle around the sun is about 0.25 day. The real length of the earth solar cycle is 365.242 days, we can normally count 365, the error is 0.242 days. Meaning at all points on earth the new year occurs at + or - 0.242 days on Dec 31. It is a scientific basis. Anyone not celebrating new year on this day is just being ceremonial and symbolic, but inaccurate.

The only thing one can choose differently is the origin of the count. Why start on Jan 31st. Why not make March 20 the day 1, What ever origin you choose, it should repeat within 365 days + or - 0.242. This should be same within same day on the gregorian Calender. This is not. About culture or religion, it is simply astronomy.

You've defeated your own argument!.

If you count from December 1 to January 31 you get the same 365 days. December 1 could also be new year. If that's the case, then any day could be new year to any culture. And that's exactly why some nations are not celebrating the new year today.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by 4watever: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
nutarious:

Bro
No need to get into an argument with him.
Just lay the facts down for everyone to see

You rightly informed him that Jerusalem/Bethlehem e. t. c are cities that were historically subject to Roman occupation and that has put paid to his baseless assertion that Biblical Jews are from Ethiopia.

According to the book of Genesis, Abraham was the father of the Jews. His land of nativity was named as Ur of the Chaldees.

This land has been scientifically identified by archeologists as the Sumerian Ur in modern day Mesopotamia which has no geographical correlation with Ethiopia

It's also known that present Israel are the custodians of the Tanakh, Torah, Talmud and other scriptural writings which form the basis of the Judaic Law in d bible.

Like I said earlier, just lay the facts down and move on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Python Was Caught At Kubwa, Abuja On Sallah Day / Rare 'Ring Of Fire' Solar Eclipse To Take Place On June 10 (Pictures) / The Moment 200lb Hyena Pounced On An Elderly Man In India (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.