Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,241 members, 7,953,911 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? (49759 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Lost Calendar From Iphone X? / Appleā€™s Working On A Fix For Mass Icloud Calendar Notification Spam / How To Transfer Calendar From Samsung S4 To S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Goridoe(m): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.

Only muslims whey no take the islamic calendar serious does this shit.!
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by redsun(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
The Caucasian culture seem like an avalanche that uproots all the so-called native cultures and sense of being in its way.

They instituted on the mordern their own views and perceptions on how the laws of the universe are governed.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Goridoe(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
[b]
musicwriter:

That's not true!. Every nation is not celebrating the new year today. Chinese new year for example; fall on the following days:-

2017 date Saturday, 28 January.
2018 date Friday, 16 February.
2019 date Tuesday, 5 February.

The only reason it appears that way to you is because as Dr. John. H. Clarke put it 'in slavery, a brain surgery was conducted on black people and the brain removed without opening the skull'. Everything about us has been stolen and replaced with whatever white people want us to believe.

The Arab world also do have their calendar and I' am sure this's not new year day in Saudi Arabia.

But, since your question is "why" I'll go straight to why.

What happened is that when Rome was a world power, the popes, example; Pope Alexander Borgia IV, after stealing world history to their credit, including changing the image of Jesus Christ who was originally a black man to his son a white man, also used the date of the birth of the fake Jesus as the beginning of time.

The early Roman catholic even made a mistake, cause modern calculation put the death of Jesus around 1,505 years ago not 2,000 years ago.

Of course, dfferent countries still use their own calendar internally. I' am sure North Korea is not celebrating the new year today.

Really, the question you're asking is like asking; why does every country use the US dollar?.
[/b]
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by GerogeI(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
musicwriter:

You've defeated your own argument!.

If you count from December 1 to January 31 you get the same 365 days. December 1 could also be new year. If that's the case, then any day could be new year to any culture. And that's exactly why some nations are not celebrating the new year today.

I believe thats what I was explaining to you in my last section. Any day can be the New year, on the gregorian Calender provided you use the same day every year all the time. That's because the Gregorian Calender uses the leap year system to ensure we can match the actual physical length of a solar cycle 365.242 days. You cannot achieve that constant date with other calendars.

Apart from the Julian Calender, most others use the Lunar cycle, and no matter the origin they use, the next new year keeps occurring on a different date. Moslems searching for the moon for Eid celebration comes to mind. So most other calendars are close, but astronomically, incorrect.

The question is why use December 1, if you will still use the Gregorian numbering system, why reinvent the wheel?
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by vectoh(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Am sure the Op didn't read that long epistle
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by luckman20(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
Lunar calendar is the most used but it's not recognized. It's been used in hospitals for pregnant women
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Emescot(m): 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Mockinbird:

Must you experience new years before you realise time is up?!
Smh.
The best thing is to change your mind cos "if you can change your mind, you can change your LIFE"~ Budha.
One should be able to change his mind any time he desires, now waiting for new years.
So wats the arguement here? Are u jehovah witness? I know they dont celebrate anything, me i celebrate anything new, new car, new gf, new house, new yam festival, new year... Dont blame me i dont get stuck with anything old
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Coolgent(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
The only reason why its popular in 9ja is... FG use it in paying salary!
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by nutarious(f): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2017
musicwriter:

If you don't know whites are caucasians, then I shouldn't be holding this discussion with you.

Yes, indeed, the Jews were travelers traveling from Ethiopia to the middle East and other parts of the world. Again, that's why Palestinians refuse to recognize them as a state, because the say white people cannot be the Biblical Jews. The late president of Egypt, Gamal Abdel Nasser, once stated on television saying "you (the Jews) will never be able to live here in peace, because you left here black but came back white. We cannot except you!".

I can't help you, if you don't know the history of what's going on over there.

You're the one quoting online trash without researching. I have already done my research and I've supported my claim with Biblical references.

Amos 9: 7 -KJV- Ethiopians were called Israelites.
Jeremiah 14: 2 - KJV- Judah from where Christ came from was specifically called black.

Show me biblical passages to support your claim.

You see why I said you should Dig before writing, Who are whites, I need to know Your definition of white to lay down Facts for you.
Caucasian is not defined on Skin Color but on Biological Anthropology.
The Caucasian race (also Caucasian or Europe is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, including some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.

You see even the Ethiopia you are talking about are Caucasian, western Asia etc. So you are wrong to say whites are Caucasian.
Now who are whites, the name originated in the 17th century and is specifically of class , White British, white Americans and white South Africans. You can see that skin color is not the reason of them been called whites rather of a rather a classification based on social platform. A Briton is white while a Greek is not but both are Caucasian based on Biological Anthropology.

Last dwelling place for the race of Jews after their long Journey is the land promised them by their God as found in Scripture and other writers of such time. And they have dwell there as far back as History can prove.

Lemme state my facts, there were three world power in those days, the Egyptian Dynasty (permit me not to give dates for differences in dates)

The Jews. We're part of this dynasty ad captured during time of Joseph, the Egyptian were world power and Jews were an ally until later generation of Pharoah thought it otherwise, this is where their Journey to Jerusalem started. Note writings in Egypt crafts has this records that collaborate scripture.

Another world power that dominated for long is Babylon, my evidence is here. Nebuchadnazzar the great came to Jerusalem, and captured it. This writing are in all Babylonian writing incase u doubted biblical references. JERUSALEM was captured and many captives carried away yet The Babylonian only destroy gates and make territory thereby living the Jews without resistance to continue in their home and appointing Governors over them. The Babylonian Dynasty was long. Ruled by the chaddians, Medes and Pasia and by pasian. YET the Jews remained as one for in the 10th year of Cyprus rule he allowed the Jews back home.

Lastly was the Roman Empire, the history is well known to all. The Jews have been there always and they still formed the major block in United States of Today.

Note, from the time of Abraham who even Moses did not know to time of Jesus, Judaism is solely practiced by the race of Jews. This is distinct and well known of them wherever they found themselves they continue with their practice.

Now there were lot of war and movement but from the time of all this movement it's worth Noting that their are always remnants at home. So please stop writing without fact.

On skin color Africans were carried away to the so call white land and their color still remain Black.

Lastly, Ethiopia I stand to be corrupted has never been Colonized. So there was never a time Ethiopian were Jews. The scripture you cited were insignificant cos it was a comparison. As of the time of the foundation UR was the location of Abram and till now there still debate. Rather Jews are known by their religion and their God from time immemorial. Biology wise from Anthropology Jews were As Caucasian as any Caucasian. Thanks
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Mockinbird: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
Emescot:
So wats the arguement here? Are u jehovah witness? I know they dont celebrate anything, me i celebrate anything new, new car, new gf, new house, new yam festival, new year... Dont blame me i dont get stuck with anything old

New year aint new, the calender makers invented new year's day.
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ArcToyin(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Agimor:
Happy new year to all nairalanders it's our year of spontaneous blessings....
amen ooo
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by SOMICMACPHERSON: 12:58am On Jan 06, 2018
Calendar 2018 "Kalendar 2018": Get your Google schedule Alarm. Google Calendar Login using Google account "Gmail Account", which we will guide on were-to and How-To make proper use of online Google Calendar...

http://www.earthprex.com/calendar-2018-google-calendar-login-google-kalender-google-schedule/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russia Unveils Superman Suit That Allows Soldiers To Walk Through Fire&Explosion / See The Keke That Was Produced By A Boy In Aba(photod) / See The Brightest And Hungriest Black Hole Ever Detected (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.