Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,556 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? (1721 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / What If Okonjo Iweala Or Diezani Madueke Was Involved In The NYSC Cert. Scandal / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 11:49am On Jan 01, 2017
I read, two days ago, about the supposed question NOI asked some Yoruba youths and I began to question that question (Don't mind my English)
"Can you confidently manufacture or create an exact prototype, with same feature and function of every imported product" was the question.
Some argued that this question was fictional, others said it was a propaganda, but what do you say? I mean you! What do you think about that question? (think about that for a minute)
Here's what I think:
1. This is the question China asked that lead them to today Technological Feat.
2. This is the question Singapore asked that turned the infant country round in the two tenures of its first president.
3. This is the question we need to ask ourselves as a nation b4 we can make headway.
The question in itself doesn't change anything more than to evoke a pragmatic reflection of our state and the future we seek to achieve.
The most important aspect of the discussion and the question lies in the answer we all have in our hearts, or, to be more direct, that the youths have.
Wether or not the question was truly asked, or it was a creation of our incessant black-market journalism and social-media Parkinsonism, it is a question that has the answer to all our illusive and elusive development.
It is only when we can say a resounding YESSSSSS! to this question that we are truly ready for the world. It is only when all our energies and social exposures are channelled into displacing every imported product, and even service. Not until we deliberately pursue this record, we will continue to chase shadows and catch flu anytime other developed economy sneezes.
I always make one assumption, call it an hallucination, I don't mind:
I wonder what Nigeria would be if all the youths can channel their strength, knowledge, abilities, talents and creativities into positive ventures instead of fraud, cheating others, orgy, drunkenness and political ignorance and social vices.
I bet you know, just like I do, that Nigeria has the most vibrant and productive youths in the world, mind you, there are negative and positive productivity.
To round up, when would we get to the point where we can create every product we need in this country, and provide every service that enhances our lives without depending on foreign expertise and dumping?
This is the question the earlier question intend to ask. And here, my fellow youths, I ask you.
Let us work towards it.
I am Patriot Temidayo,
#TemidayoKingheart
#Tomorrowstartstoday
#itsinyourhands
#Letsleadtheway.

4 Likes

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by marshalcarter: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
cry
happy new year
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Eastactivist: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
I will setup fast mini data centers or one major data center at different locations in Nigeria which will by far help to digitalise this crude country and have my returns in the process which will in turn create massive employments for the ICT inclined youths.

3 Likes

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Promismike(m): 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
I can
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
marshalcarter:
cry

happy new year
Same to you Marshal. Why the tears?
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
Eastactivist:
I will setup fast mini data centers or one major data center at different locations in Nigeria which will by far help to digitalise this crude country and have my returns in the process which will in turn create massive employments for the ICT inclined youths.
Way to go brother. And what are you presently doing about that? I know for sure that you mustn't have the money to do it alone. If you're ready to share, there are people who are ready to finance you.
Please DON'T ACHIEVE IT WITH MOUTH, LET IT COME TO LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
Promismike:
I can
That's bold. Very bold. Let action follow.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by marshalcarter: 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
Same to you Marshal. Why the tears?
ntn man...Just feelin lonely
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Eastactivist: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Way to go brother. And what are you presently doing about that? I know for sure that you mustn't have the money to do it alone. If you're ready to share, there are people who are ready to finance you.
Please DON'T ACHIEVE IT WITH MOUTH, LET IT COME TO LIFE.

Dude seriously I don't have that kind of money, and in absence of that am going for the ones I can readily achieve and not waiting for anybody.

Ever heard of not putting your head in one basket?

In Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa, is hard for people's ideas to be developed and get financed by our government who have proved countless times they lack such vision, all they know is loot and loot, there is no cut policy nor dedicated agency to harness people's ideas and make useful contributions to it therewith.

But I answered you given in respect with the money involved.
The bigger the money the bigger the dreams or Ideas but with paucity of funds, those big dreams are wishful thoughts. As simple as that.

But my dreams and aspirations are always alive. Even if it wasn't achieved here in this country, it can be achieved somewhere in other countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
marshalcarter:

ntn man...Just feelin lonely
Hmmmn..........there's lots of love flying around today brother, you can afford to be alone.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by babyfaceafrica: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
Did she ask the question?mmmwhere is the source?....what do you people gain in starting tribal fights?!!!m..
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by ScotsReferendum: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
Build a mobile electricity furnace to process all wastes to useful products

The following wastes

1) Metal scraps converted to useful metal products eg engines, gear boxes, wires, rods, sheets etc

2) Plastic wastes converted to plastic fuel

3) Glass wastes recycled to cups windows etc

4) Rubber wastes recycled to tyres etc

5) Organic/paper wastes converted to fertilizer ash.

Unique features of the furnace power system

1) It will run on plastic/biofuel fuel so that PHCN don't Bleep it up

2) It won't be a cylinder engine since cylinder engines are less effective when compared to other engines

With the mobility of this waste management technology, not only are we going to reduce waste but produce lots of things we import from those wastes.

By doing so, we will get our economy which Buhari plunged into recession out of recession.

I only pray that Buhari, makes available #30 million naira for each graduate with creative prototypes that can reduce our dependence on foreign technology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
Eastactivist:

Dude seriously I don't have that kind of money, and in absence of that am going for the ones I can readily achieve and not waiting for anybody.

Ever heard of not putting your head in one basket?

In Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa, is hard for people's ideas to be developed and get financed by our government who have proved countless times they lack such vision, all they know is loot and loot, there is no cut policy nor dedicated agency to harness people's ideas and make useful contributions to it therewith.

But I answered you given in respect with the money involved.
The bigger the money the bigger the dreams or Ideas but with paucity of funds, those big dreams are wishful thoughts. As simple as that.

But my dreams and aspirations are always alive. Even if it wasn't achieved here in this country, it can be achieved somewhere in other countries.
Okay brother, I once worked in a data center and I know how much money it requires to set up one. But like I mentioned earlier. There are people who would be interested to partner with you, if you have the business well planned and structures and you can show that there will be fast and regular returns on investment.
Please do not take such ideas to govt "Talent hunts" an all those charade called innovations at all, they'll just steal the idea and all you might get is a hand shake of some politicians who has no idea what you went through to design such business.
But if you are sure you perfectly put up the form and shapes of the business as well as the benefits to both country, people and your investor, walk to Made men and women and offer them huge share in the company, believe me, you'll be on your way to success soon.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

The following wastes

1) Metal scraps converted to useful metal products eg engines, gear boxes, wires, rods, sheets etc

5) Organic/paper wastes converted to fertilizer ash.

2) It won't be a cylinder engine since cylinder engines are less effective when compared to other engines

With the mobility of this waste management technology, not only are we going to reduce waste but produce lots of things we import from those wastes.

By doing so, we will get our economy which Buhari plunged into recession out of recession.

I only pray that Buhari, makes available #30 million naira for each graduate with creative prototypes that can reduce our dependence on foreign technology.
To be honest my brother, you got a big idea there. A noble idea that sound absolutely new. Though no idea is totally new, I see yours getting attention soon. One area of challenge you need to address in your process is whether or not your method doesn't add to green house emission. What sort of recycling technology are you applying (dont answer that here, just think about it and make sure it passes through ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY TEST.
You dont know what you have in your hand until you start doing it. You'll be surprised.
I salute your innovation.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by ScotsReferendum: 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

To be honest my brother, you got a big idea there. A noble idea that sound absolutely new. Though no idea is totally new, I see yours getting attention soon. One area of challenge you need to address in your process is whether or not your method doesn't add to green house emission. What sort of recycling technology are you applying (dont answer that here, just think about it and make sure it passes through ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY TEST.
You dont know what you have in your hand until you start doing it. You'll be surprised.
I salute your innovation.

Is true when you talk about environmental impact. But it will greatly reduce waste menace in the society.

As for CO2 emission into the atmosphere, we can develop artificial photosynthesis technology to convert CO2 to synthesize sugar and Oxygen which are environmentally friendly.

By converting CO2 to synthesize sugar and Oxygen, the amount of CO2 reduces therefore reducing the temperature of the earth especially if we can develop a technology that can convert Oxygen(O2) to Ozone(O3) and pipe it to the atmosphere using tubes made from nanotechnology or ordinary pipes that are tall enough to get to the atmosphere.

As CO2 reduces and O3 increases global temperature will drop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Is true when you talk about environmental impact. But it will greatly reduce waste menace in the society.

As for CO2 emission into the atmosphere, we can develop artificial photosynthesis technology to convert CO2 to synthesize sugar and Oxygen which are environmentally friendly.

By converting CO2 to synthesize sugar and Oxygen, the amount of CO2 reduces therefore reducing the temperature of the earth especially if we can develop a technology that can convert Oxygen(O2) to Ozone(O3) and pipe it to the atmosphere using tubes made from nanotechnology or ordinary pipes that are tall enough to get to the atmosphere.

As CO2 reduces and O3 increases global temperature will drop.
Brother, you sound really knowledgeable in this. And your kind of business Niche is favoured right now.
Let me give you a link; Kindly connect with McArthur Foundation, send a proposal to them and enter into the contest for Environmental Friendly projects and programmes. If I know about some others, I'll inform you. But go ahead and check out McArthur Foundation right now. Subscribe to both their international platform and the Nigeria platform as well.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Eastactivist: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Okay brother, I once worked in a data center and I know how much money it requires to set up one. But like I mentioned earlier. There are people who would be interested to partner with you, if you have the business well planned and structures and you can show that there will be fast and regular returns on investment.
Please do not take such ideas to govt "Talent hunts" an all those charade called innovations at all, they'll just steal the idea and all you might get is a hand shake of some politicians who has no idea what you went through to design such business.
But if you are sure you perfectly put up the form and shapes of the business as well as the benefits to both country, people and your investor, walk to Made men and women and offer them huge share in the company, believe me, you'll be on your way to success soon.

I'm never idle Bro and like I've said earlier, that dream is still alive. But thanks for the advice anyway which sounds more like a reminder to me...
Which of the data centres did you work for and where?
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
Eastactivist:

I'm never idle Bro and like I've said earlier, that dream is still alive. But thanks for the advice anyway which sounds more like a reminder to me...
Which of the data centres did you work for and where?

Abuja. NNPC Data Centre.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by ScotsReferendum: 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Brother, you sound really knowledgeable in this. And your kind of business Niche is favoured right now.
Let me give you a link; Kindly connect with McArthur Foundation, send a proposal to them and enter into the contest for Environmental Friendly projects and programmes. If I know about some others, I'll inform you. But go ahead and check out McArthur Foundation right now. Subscribe to both their international platform and the Nigeria platform as well.

Thanks
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by marshalcarter: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Hmmmn..........there's lots of love flying around today brother, you can afford to be alone.
still tryin to shoot one down but my arrow is broken
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by wordcat(m): 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
Okonjo-Iweala has no moral right to ask those questions as she is a salary earner all her life.

Paper work aside, does Okonjo-Iweala knows what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by MadamExcellency: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

The following wastes

[s]1) Metal scraps converted to useful metal products eg engines, gear boxes, wires, rods, sheets etc

5) Organic/paper wastes converted to fertilizer ash.[/s]

Please, delete these nonsense before I come back to the thread to update mine.

You don't even understand the processes let alone the by-products.

Moreover, have you considered the famous term in manufacturing business we call "point of breaking even"?

We don't want people to produce at a miserable losses like Nigerian refineries

2 Likes

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by ScotsReferendum: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
MadamExcellency:

Please, delete these nonsense before I come back to the thread to update mine.

You don't even understand the processes let alone the by-products.

Moreover, have you considered the famous term in manufacturing business we call "point of breaking even"?

We don't want people to produce at a miserable losses like Nigerian refineries

Let me see yours before I delete mine
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by MadamExcellency: 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Let me see yours before I delete mine

You needed a feasibility studies based on thorough research and technical-know-how to put up some working templates on those listed processes.

For instance, I wrote one business plan on agro-allied manufacturing plant with irresistible financial plan to would-be investors which I got the required credit from banks but after in-depth studies and professional guidance on pricing, quality and cost of production by a friend (foreign expert) on the sustainability, commerciability and competitiveness to imported alternatives, I then put a call to my colleagues to put on-hold the plan for a reversed and enlarged version that will not only break-even but also be sustained and competitive internationally.

I learnt much from many foreign industrialists through this correspondence.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by ScotsReferendum: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
MadamExcellency:

You needed a feasibility studies based on thorough research and technical-know-how to put up some working templates on those listed processes.

For instance, I wrote one business plan on agro-allied manufacturing plant with irresistible financial plan to would-be investors which I got the required credit from banks but after in-depth studies and professional guidance on pricing, quality and cost of production by a friend (foreign expert) on the sustainability, commerciability and competitiveness to imported alternatives, I then put a call to my colleagues to put on-hold the plan for a reversed and enlarged version that will not only break-even but also be sustained and competitive internationally.

OK. but take note, it will work.

Don't worry how I know
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by MadamExcellency: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

OK. but take note, it will work.

Don't worry how I know

Working is not even a problem just like putting a battery and a bulb together using a wooden frame and putting it up for sales as a torch.

The question here is; is it an alternative to imported tiger-head and lonton branded torches? Can it sustain shock if it falls? Will it last? What about the cost effectiveness and all that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
To the igbos contributing, just remember to INVEST HOME.

2 Likes

Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by Eastactivist: 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Abuja. NNPC Data Centre.

OK cool, thanks for sharing.
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2017
wordcat:
Okonjo-Iweala has no moral right to ask those questions as she is a salary earner all her life.

Paper work aside, does Okonjo-Iweala knows what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
It could be thru that she earned salary all her life but that doesn't invalidate the potency of her question and the of any other person for that matter so long it help us realise where we are and are heading to.
A Chinese proverb says "one day with a wise man is better than 10 years of formal education". Our fathers that had shown us how to be successful in life dont necessarily be successful, we only need their wisdoms and foresight. Peace!
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by koladebrainiac(m): 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
Its a shame.

Whats so difficult to manufacture if raw material n equipment n money are available
Re: If Okonjo Iweala Truly Asked This Question, What Would Your Answer Be? by PatriotTemidayo: 7:33am On Jan 07, 2017
koladebrainiac:
Its a shame.

Whats so difficult to manufacture if raw material n equipment n money are available
Government policy can destroy any business, whether or not it has these three important factors you listed above. But more than anything else goal and focus is most important. You've seen people who have money but don't know or have what to invest in. Nigeria is like such people, we have the money, we can procure the equipment and materials anywhere in the world or produce them here in Nigeria but we have not been doing that because we have not decided to get to that level yet.
It pathetic and disheartening but it is our reality.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Was An Olodo And Should Have Stepped Aside For The North- Oshiomole / Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State Is The Most Stupid Governor In Nigeria / Kano Government Empower 5200 Tea Vendors With Eggs, Milk And Other Beverages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.