Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. (4057 Views)

Peter Obi & Jonathan Brought Boko Haram Prisoners To Anambra Not Me – Obiano / Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . / SERAP Gives Jonathan 7-day Ultimatum To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
For those who dont know, the name SOLUDO literarilly means TO FOLLOW THE PART OF PEACE.

Nothing else captures the wish of Anmabra people right now more than the name of the man SOLUDO himself.
I also like his 80-20 rule in the interview he granted the SUN Newspaper. It is now up to Chuma Nwafor and other Uba loyalists to decide for themselves whether they want to be part of the 80% PDP who will take Anambra to new heights or part of the 20% PDP who want to fight to drag the state backward who will however be isolated in due course.

Has anyone also noticed the desperation of the Peter Obi camp? Because Soludo in response to a question suggested that if Christ who was God could come down to serve man, mortal men should not be scared of serving their fellow men. Hence there is nothing degrading in asking to serve the Anambra people having been the CBN Governor. And all of a sudden Obi's camp is spinning it into Soludo comparing himself and his salvationary powers to that of Jesus Christ.
How desperate can people get? I think this latest attempt to spin this simple humble answer by SOLUDO has exposed the Peter Obi administration for the deciet they are. They are simply playing it cheap and desperate.
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Olaolufred

Soludo's emergence is not best practice and I believe even Soludo will admit that. It would have been better for the sake of our polity and its future for the ruling party to be seen to be doing the people's will. However SOLUDO's emergence is both LEGAL and MORAL. It is legal because the PDP constitution allows the party to either elect, select or appoint a candidate it pleases. It is moral because given the circumstances the PDP had no choice but to select a candidate or risk not taking part at all in February 2010 elections, and this was the case because there was a subsisting court judgement granted to the Uba camp to prevent the PDP primaries and its congress from taking place and this is where the PDP would have had a chance to vote for SOLUDO which at the time was effectively the frontrunner.

I can even argue that even SOLUDO himself is a victim of the process that produced him because the situation has only armed his critics.

Another curious question is why all the noise about SOLUDO's emergence. why no questions about Ngige's or Obi's emergence. How these other two candidates emerged is no better than Soludo's. Otherwise please prove it. It is a testament to either our selective appreciation of politics or plain naivette that we question Soludo's emergence and not those of Obi or Ngige.
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
For the records, Obi was selected by just 2 members of APGA. The man who Nominated him and the APGA Chairman who adopted him. Is that democracy? or is it acceptable because other members of APGA are not willing to protest his emergence.

Ngige on the other hand was adopted as the party candidate on a bus tour of Onitsha. A process which looked so questionable that Ngige himself called for a made-up congress to decieve the public into believing that he was actually voted. They now conducted A congressional election in retrospect which effectively meant that Ngige got 100% vote and there was no other contestants. Now if you already have a result and then conduct a process that can only lead to that result and you want to call that an election. Well I call that a Charade.

My question is why was the AC not bold enough to select it's flag bearer if that is what they actually want to do?
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
I think anybody who is disappointed with the acrimony that has trailed SOLUDO's emergence should blame the courts. A court of law should have no business whatsoever preventing Nigerians from taking part in a democratic process. It is not up to the court to either accept, endorse or reject who will be any political party candidates.

If the PDP is being foolish by maltreating its members you simply quit and join an alternative party. By the time the PDP gets narrower and narrower they will make the choice between converting heretics or driving away loyalists.
I think the bane of our politics is that it has no values, ethics nor ideologies. For all of PDP's ills the opposition parties are not even pretending to do the right thing.

So lets not reject PDP for the sake of it, we also have to ask . . . . . are the opposition any better. Otherwise we run the risk of giving another party a chance for no reason to come a spend another 10years learning the art of Democracy. We should pressure the PDP to reform itself and accept it if they respond to our yearnings.

I don't think the opposition have done enough to be taken anymore seriously. Infact the reason the PDP is taking forever to reform is because the oppsition has not provided the Nigerian people a credible alternative.
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by chidichris(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
soludo is a shit and disgrace to education.
he does not even believe in himself.
if anambra people are ready, they can resist obj's slavary like ifeanyi ararume did in imo state in 2007.
if soludo believes in himself and his abilities, let him give a the people of anambra a chance to select their person for the position.
the idea of a yoruba idiot to go all the way to anambra to impose his choice simply made the anambra people look more like fools.
why is that yoruba idiot not successful in lagos and abia state?
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by citizenY(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ Mikeansy
You are too precious for some of us in NL . Please put ice block for your head. E be like say you take purge
and di result dey come from mouth instead of from your back side.

I would prefer you move to Soludo;s website and edit it. It is more respectful shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Emmanuelhector(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Soludo will never smell that sit.. He joined Apga when ndi Anambra were feed up with the party
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by gidgiddy: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Soludo will never smell that sit.. He joined Apga when ndi Anambra were feed up with the party

Soludo has shown no indication that he even wants to run
Re: Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign. by Emmanuelhector(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

Soludo has shown no indication that he even wants to run
OK, but read this https://www.nairaland.com/5623234/anambras-50-year-development-plan-all#85664966

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram At It Again - Another Bomb Blast In Barely 24hrs Rocks Maiduguri / See Photos #FREEZAKZAKY Protest Hold At ABU Main Campus / Buhari Ashamed To Disclose Ailment, He Won't Return Soon - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.