Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List (1221 Views)

Ambode, Fayose, Argebesola And Ajimobi At Western Nigerian Governors’ Forum / Photos From Nigerian Governors Forum Meeting In Abuja Today / See List Of Nigerian Governors And Their Ages As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by viviangist: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2017
Please check if your governor is in our list.

(1) Akinwunmi Ambode(Lagos): No long stories, without dispute, he is the best performing governor for 2016. The logic of some who say Lagos generates the largest IGR does not translate to the will to perform and develop the state. If you doubt, ask Bayelsa people what the score is right now for them.

(2) Willie Obiano(Anambra): This governor was second on our list last year for his people focused initiatives. Despite the very fierce revolution ongoing right now that is seeing many governors truly working for their people(the fear of PVC is a reason for this, cos many now know the people can booth them out if they under perform), despite it all, the governor still retains number 2 spot. He is indeed a man, and no doubt a man of the people.

(3) Mallam Nasir El-Rufai(Kaduna): Our 2015 best performing governor is on the 3rd spot this year. Forget the media hype against the governor and the politics and infuse of religion into the sad issue of the southern Kaduna killings which had been for decades. This governor is fighting so many corrupt dynasties in his quest to provide real and lasting solutions for the emancipation of his people. We readily have our facts to defend this governor, it would be hard to argue or belittle the positive strides achieved by the mallam.

(4) Badaru Abubakar(Jigawa): As much as salary payments shouldn't be a yardstick to measure our governors, it is a sad reality that it must be factored into the equation in today's Nigeria. This is a governor who doesn't owe a single day of workers salaries(just like Lagos & Anambra), yet none can rival this governor. He is the only governor who pays pensioners on the 13th or 15th of every month. Only governor who is not owing gratuity. This is coming with a lot of sacrifices, for instance, his government reduced expenditure by 80%, reduced government overhead by 47%, reduced security votes by a whooping 87% just so such funds can be diverted to cater for his people. And in truth, the welfare of the people should matter the most. If other governors emulate him, they won't owe their people a single kobo.

(5) Atiku Bagudu(Kebbi): One major hit song of the governor would be his collabo with Ambode on Lake Rice. Another major feat is how this governor ensures that his people get 20hrs of power supply daily. Our team is yet to figure out the magic here, for the stability of the power is almost as if it's not a property of the FG. He is creating numerous employments for his people, and so many positive visions for the future of his state would see him rise on our chart in the future. For now, he is our number 5.

*** Others who make up our top ten are ***

(6) Aminu Tambuwal(Sokoto).

(7) Ben Ayade(Cross Rivers).

(cool Abdullahi Ganduje(Kano).

(9) Sani Bello(Niger).

(10) Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola(Osun): I just need to say a bit about this seemingly controversial nominee. Contrary to a popular general assumption carried by folks who do little or no research, this is one governor whose work legacies are slowly manifesting. Those legacies especially on infrastructure, education and agriculture would be for even generations yet unborn. It takes a good administrator to manage and achieve more with less. Don't be deceived, Ogbeni is truly working and potentially can climb up the ladder in due time.

Ps: No ex governor was allowed on the list.

Source , http://www.viviangist.com/top-ten-stand-out-nigerian-governors-2016

Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2017
I guess u havent been to Niger since that mofo was elected governor
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by Greeninho: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2017
I wonder what yardstick you used to assess their respective governments, for me, some govs on that list have not done enough compared to Gov. Engr. Umahi of Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by bueze774: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2017
What are the yardstick that was used to measure or assess these governors? I live in Kaduna and i know that Nasir El Rufai has no business on the top 20 list let alone on top 10.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2017
viviangist:

Source , http://www.viviangist.com/top-ten-stand-out-nigerian-governors-2016
Cc; lalasticlala
The kebbi governor should be No. 3 and what is Hell-rufai doing on that list?
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by saintgp(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2017
U mean wike isn't on ur list?boss u should visit ph na,if u could have rauf on ur list then wike and ebonyi state governors should be there.
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by kettykin: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2017
This Vivian gist sef, so Osun governor is number 10
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by ThatIgboBoy: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2017
Rochas wouldnt make the top 35 sef

And he is my governor oo
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by Atiku2019: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2017
The 10 Standout Governors?

1) Ambode

2) Ambode

3) Ambode

4) Ambode

5) Ambode

6) Ambode

7) Ambode

cool Ambode

9) Ambode

10) and Others....

Surely this year 2017 many Governors will wake up from their slumber

Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by koladebrainiac(m): 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
cross river akwa ibom n that ebonyi government.
i respect ibikunle too.
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by ufuosman(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
saintgp:
U mean wike isn't on ur list?boss u should visit ph na,if u could have rauf on ur list then wike and ebonyi state governors should be there.
the guy no sabi rivers state, no mind am.

Wike suppose to be in the list of one to 10
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by ufuosman(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:
Rochas wouldnt make the top 35 sef
And he is my governor oo
Na councillor e suppose be. na joke o, make e fans no cut my hand o.
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by ufuosman(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
Like three governors are nt suppose to be there, governors like el-rufai of kaduna ,sani bello of Niger, rauf ogeni of osun. they are not suppose to be in the list.

@ Op ur rating is base on what?
Performance or the ones that u just like?
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by Mohdadutse(m): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mhn.... Constant salary payment as yard stick to measure good governance! This implies constant shopping makes a good husband, ask ladies?
Re: Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
OP, in my opinion since there is still significant poverty and insecurity across Nigeria. None of them can be rated above 3 over 10. Therefore none of them stand out in 2016.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Youths Hail Judgment; Say It Marks The End Of Fayose's Dictatorship. / How Osibanjo (ijaw) Plan Overthrown Of Buhari Using Protester Failed / PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Acting President Bags Chieftaincy Title In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.