Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,206 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

How Do U Deal With Your Temper. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do U Deal With Your Temper. (4165 Views)

How Do You Control Your Temper, For Tempermental People Only?. / 10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them. / How Do U Deal With Body Itches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by airzzee(m): 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
1. I PLAY MY PIANO (MUSICAL INSTRUMENT) & CREATE GOOD MUSIC. MUSIC SOOTHES THE SOUL, SPIRIT & BODY.

2. IF THE PERSON ISN'T ALLOWING ME TO PLAY THE PIANO, I MOVE AWAY FROM THE VICINITY, GO BROWSE THE NET OR MAKE CALLS & CHAT WITH OTHER PPLE.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by mayreedoll(f): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
d best thing to do is to try and be quiet most of the times and when someone says something that looks odd to u, take it as if u never heard it.
Always read jokes to keep u in the mood.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by aieromon(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
Temper
How does if feel 'cos i've never had one tongue
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by HAH: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
Just take a deep breath and slowly breath out continuously until you feel alright and stop the though immediately may be by thinking of something positive
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by okunola1: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
I once battled with this in childhood to the extent of smashing 3 ludo games on different occasions anytime I lost out and was laughed over amidst some other occasions.
Meanwhile I have come to discover that though fasting is okay but in addition I think if u always anticipate that people will offend u and u prepare for what in turn will happen (Ur response) it will help a lot.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by puffpuff: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
I love to be left alone
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by brooklyn99: 1:46am On Nov 24, 2009
deep breath, count to ten. if that doesnt work, just smash something ova somebody's head, dat always makes me feel better!!!! wink
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by theviper1: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
my hot temper has been responsible for my serious lower back pains for over 2 decades.i been to as many hospitals as i can including a visit to the chinese acupuntures,all to no avail. bt as i begin to come to terms with my temper,the pains are subsiding a little. i jog most of the time and especially when am angry. i have been swallowing my anger so much these days that my throat is hurting and is cracked as am not used to it. bt ca va ale.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by Owugal(f): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
Darling,

I am writting because I suffered the same thing as you did. I had what you can call a  home wrecking temper. I was on the way to wrecking my own marriage with my temper. interestingly I only unleashed it upon loved ones.
I prayed and fasted and realized that that was silly because even the bible itself says faith without works is useless. I nearly killed myself because the results of every episode of angry outbursts was depression.
It got to a point where I felt murderous. I knew I needed Help but was afraid to see a therapist. A friend of mine who had issues of her own and has successfully began to manage her life encouraged me. so here I am a Yoruba woman in therapy with a trained and licensed family  psychologists and not a pastor who opens the holy book and only asks what does the bible say.
Together we navigated where the anger came from and when I began to reach my tipping point. and recently went over physical breathing techniques that I have put into use and  is working well. She showed me how to use my frontal cortex and not think like an animal.  she revealed a lot to me and now I am gradually changing my life.

Dont let people who have not experienced your problem discourage you with hearsay. the white man who has accomplished more than we nigerians is getting it and it continuing to prosper,  so dont let people tell you its for white people alone. if its good for them it sure as hell is great for you. Has Prayer and fasting worked rather than made you angrier because now you are temperamental and hungry!!?

My life is better. its a gradual process, But I am determined to change. I am on my way, and if you have insurance to help you, I suggest you see a therapist.

sincerely with love

Your sister
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by ellagold(m): 12:42am On Nov 25, 2009
Anger is an emotional expression,it is neither good nor bad.You can use it to discover hidden potential about your self. I once read  about a notable artist who use to get very rare inspiration when ever she is angry but control herself by going away from the scene to a place with her book and biro.

Likewise many have been destroy by not been able to master this great emotion.But you can .Please consider my own way of dealing with ANGER below;

It is important that you identify your coping strategies. One way to do this is by recording and review those moments that you are angry , your reaction, and how you cope in a  journal. With this information, you can work to change unhealthy coping strategies into healthy ones-those that help you focus on the positive and what you can change or control in your life.

· Balance personal, work, and family needs and obligations.
· Have a sense of purpose in life.
· Get enough sleep, since your body recovers from the stresses of the day while you are sleeping.
· Eat a balanced diet for a nutritional defense against stress.
· Get moderate exercise throughout the week.
· Limit your consumption of alcohol.
· Don't smoke.

Social support

Social support is a major factor in how we handle anger. Social support is the positive support you receive from family, friends, and the community. It is the knowledge that you are cared for, loved, esteemed, and valued. More and more research indicates a strong relationship between social support and better mental and physical health.

Changing thinking

When an event triggers negative thoughts, you may experience fear, insecurity, anxiety, depression, rage, guilt, and a sense of worthlessness or powerlessness. These emotions usually trigger temper, just as an actual threat does. Dealing with your negative thoughts and how you see things can help reduce it.

· Thought-stopping helps you stop a negative thought to help eliminate anger.

· Disproving irrational thoughts helps you to avoid exaggerating the negative thought, anticipating the worst, and interpreting an event incorrectly.

· Problem solving helps you identify all aspects of a stressful event and find ways to deal with it.

· Changing your communication style helps you communicate in a way that makes your views known without making others feel put down, hostile, or intimidated. This reduces the anger that comes from poor communication. Use the assertiveness ladder to improve your communication style.

Enjoy your moments.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by BTT(m): 5:37am On Nov 25, 2009
i just keep mum and look like a lost donkey. prod me further and goodluck!
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by woye77: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2009
there is a book i will recommend for you and few tips - contact me on woye77@hotmail.com
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
I WI ADVISE U 2 COUNT 1 TO 100 whenever you are very angry and you are wit that person.it lower your temper.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by obiksam(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2009
Temper is some thing that comes sudden, on expected, assuming you are in the office or you are driving, will you state un parking and parking back you room? or will you go for a work in the same environment? while the person or some thing that cursed it is till there with you? or will you start playing music? My friends I'm 25yrs and any small thing got me hot tempered and to control it
1. I SIEZE MY BREATH FOR AT LIST 15 TO 20 SECONDS
2. IF IM CLOSE TO TELLY I WILL IMMEDIATELY TONE OVER TO CARTOON
3. I WILL GO FOR SOME BOTTLES OF ALCOHOL FOR THAT MOMENT JUST TO EASE UP
4. IF IT IS NOT MY GIRL THAT CURSED IT I WILL CALL HER AND SPEND LONG TIME TALKING TO HER (THIS HAVE HELPED ME A LOT, SO IS ADVISABLE FOR THOSE WHO LOVE AND TRUST THEIR GIRLS ALL DUE DEM TOO Bleep UP)
5.I ALSO CALL MY MUM
These are things i do to over come it and it works for me seizing breath is the best try it.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by emmyu: 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2009
Anger kills the body and soul.

Ensure that you free your minds at all time,even when offended.

Stop recalling the past,always forgive and forget.

Anger makes you older than your age.
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
I literally take deep breaths and coach myself to take it easy.

If I feel like I might fight, I ball my fists VERY tight and be sure to walk away from the source of my anger and say a prayer.

I got my temper from my mother. It is my strength and my weakness. I used to cry very easily as a young girl especially if I was so angry and couldn't do anything about it. Now it has manifested into something far worse. I am not one who likes to fight in fact I would prefer to reason or yell grin first but there are times when I get so engulfed in anger that I literally have to restrain myself from "throwing hands".

I have been in a few fights in the past with males and females, while I am not proud to admit it, I have never lost one because when I lose it...I LOSE IT!

I am still working on it though. My mother prays for me night and day. And I am making the proper adjustments. Eventually I will lose my short temper, its just not easy. undecided
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
brooklyn99: deep breath, count to ten. if that doesnt work, just smash something ova somebody's head, dat always makes me feel better!!!! wink

grin grin
Re: How Do U Deal With Your Temper. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
okunola1: I once battled with this in childhood to the extent of smashing 3 ludo games on different occasions anytime I lost out and was laughed over amidst some other occasions.
Meanwhile I have come to discover that though fasting is okay but in addition I think if u always anticipate that people will offend u and u prepare for what in turn will happen (Ur response) it will help a lot.

Oh man, it burns my soul when I am angry and being mocked for it! grin

That would make me flip OUT! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coconut Water - Health Benefits / Do You Have The Urge To Pee During Sex? / Easy Tone Lighting Body Lotion With Sunscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.