Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

What Do The Scholars Say? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do The Scholars Say? (25468 Views)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Ahlu Sunnah Scholars Fatawa On Bida'h / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 1:10am On Jan 04, 2017
O ma se ooo undecided
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 04, 2017
AbuHammaad:
O ma se ooo undecided

sorry for derailing the thread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AlBaqir(m): 6:40am On Jan 04, 2017
lexiconkabir:
I'm being careful not to derail this thread.

this is not the right thread man, i noticed the more i answer, the more you bring up issue capable of confusing people without full knowledge on that issue, now lets not derail this thread.

I disagree wholely with that. The title of this thread makes the content unlimited. Its like a tree with many branches. All my inquisitiveness and criticism are restricted to the points you submitted. I have not brought a new thing in this thread.

خدا نگهدار

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by zarinaAin: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
On a lighter note

Mr shaytan is probably with his iPhone 7(logged into nl) , feeling satisfied with the way you brothers are debating
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Clarifying the Salafi Position on Saalih al-Munajjid
● Shaykh Ahmed an Najmee [ ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] was asked, "what is your opinion about Muhammed ibn Saalih al-Munajjid?"
He answered: ❝From what has come to me, he is close to the way of the Ikwan al Muslimeen.❞
Narrated by Ustaadh Mustafa George
http:///Gy78N8
● Imaam Muqbil al-Waadi’ee [ ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝(Saalih) al-Munajjid (from IslamQA). Sururi.❞
[al-Majruhun, (Page: 87)]
● Abu Maryam Abdul-Hakeem said that he heard Shaykh Rabee [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] say al-Munajjid is from the ❝Kibaar of the Qutubiyyah❞
Mentioned by Abu Iyaad on Salafitalk
http:///imUvWq
● Shaykh Ubayd al-Jaabiree [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝He is Qutbi❞
http:///U2Lfuk
● Shaykh Uthman Ibn Abdullah as-Salami [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] on Saalih al-Munajjid:
http:///4Rwzjq
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
Amoto94 but there are top scholars who have endorsed Saalih Al Munajjid. He's recommended.

On what issues do these scholars say he erred

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2017
Amoto94:
Clarifying the Salafi Position on Saalih al-Munajjid
● Shaykh Ahmed an Najmee [ ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] was asked, "what is your opinion about Muhammed ibn Saalih al-Munajjid?"
He answered: ❝From what has come to me, he is close to the way of the Ikwan al Muslimeen.❞
Narrated by Ustaadh Mustafa George
http:///Gy78N8
● Imaam Muqbil al-Waadi’ee [ ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝(Saalih) al-Munajjid (from IslamQA). Sururi.❞
[al-Majruhun, (Page: 87)]
● Abu Maryam Abdul-Hakeem said that he heard Shaykh Rabee [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] say al-Munajjid is from the ❝Kibaar of the Qutubiyyah❞
Mentioned by Abu Iyaad on Salafitalk
http:///imUvWq
● Shaykh Ubayd al-Jaabiree [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝He is Qutbi❞
http:///U2Lfuk
● Shaykh Uthman Ibn Abdullah as-Salami [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] on Saalih al-Munajjid:
http:///4Rwzjq

na'am i have been skeptical about visiting islamqa.info since last week, some brothers accused shaykh saalih munaajid of quoting sayyid qutb in some of his fatwas, although haven't personally seen one.

perhaps this is why the aforementioned scholars tagged him an ikwaani(Qutbi)

Allaah knows best...

cc: Abuhammaad.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2017
QUESTION: If I am praying on my own and I make a mistake in the recitation of the verse, and I am not able to complete it and I am confusing it with another verse, what should I do when I am praying?

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION

Praise be to Allaah.

You have the choice: if you wish you may end the recitation and say takbeer or if you wish you may recite a verse or verses from another soorah, so long as that is not in Al-Faatihah.

In the case of al-Faatihah, it is essential to recite it in full, reciting it is one of the pillars or essential parts of the prayer.

See:Fataawa Noor ‘ala Ad-Darb by Ash-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (24/141).

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
Observing since I don't want to derail the thread.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
snapscore:
Observing since I don't want to derail the thread.

you can also contribute since its still on the same issue, that wouldn't be a derailment...
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
lexiconkabir:

na'am i have been skeptical about visiting islamqa.info since last week, some brothers accused shaykh saalih munaajid of quoting sayyid qutb in some of his fatwas, although haven't personally seen one.

Allaah knows best...

Hmmnn...eleyi le gan ooo. This is his position as regards sayyid qutb

https://islamqa.info/en/107327

Amoto's post caught me off guard.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
lexiconkabir:

you can also contribute since its still on the same issue, that wouldn't be a derailment...

I won't say more than whomever makes an accusation should provide evidence for it.

Thanks for the link AbuHammaad

Modified
None of those links are working

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anyway, that's not what the thread is all about. We'll discuss Saalih Al Munajjid and his presumed Qutbiyyah on another thread

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
snapscore:

I won't say more than whomever makes an accusation should provide evidence for it.

Thanks for the link AbuHammaad

Modified
None of those links are working

Hmmnn... It works for me though
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Hmmnn... It works for me though

https://islamqa.info/en/107327

i think she's speaking about the link amoto brought.....

this link you brought has cleared my doubts, jazakAllaah khayra
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
lexiconkabir:

i think she's speaking about the link amoto brought.....

this link you brought has cleared my doubts, jazakAllaah khayra

Oohhkay..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Can an impotent man marry? by Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZSbGxma8c
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Allaah knows best...

He personally cleared up the issue, if I find the link on YouTube I'll post. He says no one is perfect and when you look at his Fatwas he quotes only the major scholars. I personally haven't seen any of his Fatwas in which he quoted Sayyid Qutb.

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by zarinaAin: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Please I need answers o. from Islamic Perspective
1.when a prostitute finds a Muslim brother who wish to marry her. Can they proceed with the nikkah or certain things need to be done before they can get married?

2.can a man and woman be regarded as a couple(husband and wife), if the brother only paid sadaq ?

Waiting for answers. Jazakumullah khayran
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
zarinaAin:
1.when a prostitute finds a Muslim brother who wish to marry her. Can they proceed with the nikkah or certain things need to be done before they can get married?

If she has repented, I am not aware of other things than the regular nikkah.

2.can a man and woman be regarded as a couple(husband and wife), if the brother only paid sadaq ?

I don't know what sadaq is but once the marriage contract has been done then a man and woman can be regarded as husband and wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
salaam alaykum..

zarinaAin:

Well, Firstly *Desperately looking for your "salaam alaykum".. sallama should come first....

Now to the question, she needs to make taubah having strong resolve never to go back to such ugly and disgusting(to the core) act, after this has been done, if the muslim brother can leave with it, then he can marry her, if she does not make taubah, it becomes impermissible for him to marry the unrepentant zaaniyah(fornicatress), the proof for that is;

Surah An-Noor, Verse 3:

الزَّانِي لَا يَنكِحُ إِلَّا زَانِيَةً أَوْ مُشْرِكَةً وَالزَّانِيَةُ لَا يَنكِحُهَا إِلَّا زَانٍ أَوْ مُشْرِكٌ وَحُرِّمَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.

(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

sadaaq(dowry) is just one out of the conditions of nikkah, so its not sufficient(although its necessary), here are the other conditions that must be fulfilled;

wali agreeing to give out his daughter

groom accepting

presence of two witnesses(males) or 1 male and 2 females.

And Allaah knows best.

wa iyyaki
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by zarinaAin: 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
snapscore:

I don't know what sadaq is but once the marriage contract has been done then a man and woman can be regarded as husband and wife

Jazakillah khayran sis.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by zarinaAin: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
lexiconkabir:
salaam alaykum..

wa iyyaki

ASALAMU ALAYKUM

So sorry I opted the greeting. I was eager to type whatever I need to before nl swallow my text

Jazakallaah khayran
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
zarinaAin:

ASALAMU ALAYKUM

So sorry I opted the greeting. I was eager to type whatever I need to before nl swallow my text

Jazakallaah khayran

lol @ swallowing your text.....
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
Shaykh Rabee al-Madkhalee (may Allah preserve him) stated:
"If your brother makes a mistake, advise him with gentleness and present him proofs and evidences through which Allah will benefit him.
As for sitting waiting in ambush for someone to make a mistake and to rouse up hatred here and there that and so-on-so did such-and-such. These are the ways of the Shayateen, not the way of the People of the Truth."
(Bahjatul Qaaree p. 107 | Translated by Abbas Abu Yahya)
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 11, 2017
zarinaAin:

Jazakillah khayran sis.

wa iyaki kiss
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 11, 2017
Question: Is maniy[semen that comes out during intercourse or wet dream, note: it shouldn't be confused with madhiy(urethral fluid), maniy is thick and white(for males) but thin and yellow(for females) as the prophet said] impure, can we pray with a garment that maniy splashed on it?

Answer by ibn taymiyyah(rahimahullaah), note: i added to it(which i emboldened):-

With regard to maniy, the correct view is that it is pure, as is the view of ash-Shaafa‘i and Ahmad, according to the well-known report from him. It was also said that it is impure, but it is sufficient to scratch it, as is the view of Abu Haneefah and Ahmad, according to the other report.

And it was said that it must be washed, as is the view of Maalik.

The first view is the correct one, because it is well-known that the Sahaabah experienced wet dreams at the time of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and that maniy would get onto the body and clothes of one of them, and this is something that affects everyone. If it were impure, then it would have been obligatory for the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) to instruct them to remove that from their bodies and clothes, as he instructed them to clean themselves after relieving themselves, and as he instructed the menstruating woman to wash the menstrual blood from her garment. In fact, the issue of getting maniy on one’s body or clothes is far more common than the issue of menstrual blood getting onto the woman’s garment. It is well-known that no one narrated that the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) instructed any of the Sahaabah to wash maniy from his body or clothes; thus it is known for certain that this was not obligatory for them, and this is definitive to anyone who examines the matter.

from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 21/604, 605.

So such garment can be used for praying even if it (maniy) was not washed from it, further proof for that is the hadeeth of Aaishah in saheeh Muslim where she said "I remember scratching it (maniy) from the garment of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) thoroughly, then he prayed in it. we all know that scratching is not sufficient to remove impurity rather it should be washed, if it were to be impure. This implies that maniy is pure and we can pray with a garment that has maniy on it.

And Allaah knows best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 11, 2017
snapscore:

The beauty of Islaam is, ur past is in the past, Allaah forgives if we seek forgiveness and strive to not go back to the sin, and do righteous deeds.

There's no one that cannot change, I keep saying this!!!

Alhamdulillaah ala ni'matal Islaam.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

The beauty of Islaam is, ur past is in the past, Allaah forgives if we seek forgiveness and strive to not go back to the sin, and do righteous deeds.

There's no one that cannot change, I keep saying this!!!

Alhamdulillaah ni'matal Islaam.

True.

Alhamdulliah.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 11, 2017
snapscore:

True.
Alhamdulliah.
Lowkey ukhtii, Assalam alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Lowkey ukhtii, Assalam alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu.

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Didn't get the lowkey part.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 11, 2017
snapscore:

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Didn't get the lowkey part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.