Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

What Do The Scholars Say? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do The Scholars Say? (25582 Views)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Ahlu Sunnah Scholars Fatawa On Bida'h / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2017
Question: What are the conditions for wiping over the socks? Please give the daleel (evidence) for that.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.

Four conditions apply to wiping over the socks.

The first condition:

That they should have been put on when one was in a state of tahaarah (purity, i.e., when one has wudoo’). The evidence for that is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah: “Don’t worry, because I put them on when I was clean.”

The second condition:

That the khufoof (leather slippers which cover the ankle) or socks should be taahir (pure). If they are naajis (impure) then it is not permissible to wipe over them. The daleel for that is that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led his companions in prayer one day wearing shoes, which he took off whilst he was praying. He said that Jibreel had told him that there was something dirty on them. This was narrated by Ahmad from the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) in his Musnad. This indicates that it is not permissible to pray wearing anything that is naajis, because if the naajis thing is wiped over, the person will be contaminated by that najaasah (impurity), so he cannot be considered to be taahir (pure).

The third condition:

They may be wiped over when one is purifying oneself from minor impurity (i.e., doing wudoo’ after passing wind, urine or stools), not when one is in a state of janaabah (major impurity following sexual activity) or when ghusl is required. The evidence for that is the hadeeth of Safwaan ibn ‘Assaal (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us, when we were travelling, not to remove our khufoof for three days and three nights, except in the case of janaabah. But we could keep them on and wipe over them in the case of stools, urine and sleeping.” This was narrated by Ahmad from the hadeeth of Safwaan ibn ‘Assaal (may Allaah be pleased with him) in his Musnad. So the condition is that wiping the socks may be done when purifying oneself (doing wudoo’) from minor impurity, and it is not permissible in the case of major impurity, because of the hadeeth which we have mentioned here.

The fourth condition:

That the wiping may be done within the time specified by sharee’ah, which is one day and one night in the case of one who is not travelling, and three days and three nights in the case of one who is travelling. This is because of the hadeeth of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated one day and one night for the one who is not travelling, and three days and three nights for the one who is travelling, i.e., for wiping over the khufoof.” This was narrated by Muslim. This period starts from the first time one wipes over the socks when doing wudoo’ after some minor impurity, and it ends twenty-four later for the one who is not travelling, and seventy-two hours later for the one who is travelling. So if we assume that a person purifies himself for Fajr prayer on Tuesday and remains taahir (pure, i.e., keeps his wudoo’) until ‘Isha prayer on Tuesday evening, then he sleeps and wakes up to pray Fajr on Wednesday, and he wipes his socks at five o’clock zawaali time , then the period begins from 5 a.m. on Wednesday and lasts until 5 a.m. on Thursday. If we assume that he wiped his socks before 5 a.m then he can pray Fajr on Thursday with this wiping and pray as much as he wants as long as he remains taahir, because according to the most correct scholarly opinion, wudoo’ is not broken when the time period for wiping over the socks expires. That is because the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not set a time limit for tahaarah, rather he set a time limit for wiping over the socks. Once that time limit expires, one cannot wipe over the socks again, but if a person remains in a state of tahaarah then his tahaarah is still valid, because this is what is implied by the shar’i evidence, and whatever is proven by shar’i evidence cannot be invalidated unless there is further shar’i evidence to that effect. There is no evidence to suggest that wudoo’ is broken when the time limit for wiping over the socks expires, because what the basic principle is that he remains as he is (i.e., taahir) until it becomes apparent that this is no longer the case.

These are the conditions which apply to wiping over the khufoof. There are other conditions which were mentioned by some of the scholars, but some of these are subject to further debate.

https://islamqa.info/en/9640

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2017
Reading Star Signs
#Horoscope
Shaykh Salih Alaa ash - Shaykh [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝Whoever reads the page which contains star signs and he knows the star sign of when he was born, or he knows that star sign which is significant for him, and he reads the comments mentioned in that star sign then it is as if he has asked a soothsayer/fortune teller. So his prayer would not be accepted for forty days.
If he attests to it and believes in that star sign then he has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad [ﷺ] ... [the Shaykh continues saying]: and if he brings home newspapers which contain these type of things then it is as if he brought a soothsayer/fortune teller into his house.❞
[Tamheed Sharh Kitaab al Tawheed, (Page: 349) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2017
Who do we take our Knowledge from? – Shaykh Fawzaan
http://www.salaficentre.com/2013/08/acquiring-knowledge-from-who/
Question

A man teaches the people the sciences of the Islamic legislation and the Aqeedah of the Salaf even though he did not acquire knowledge from the mashaayikh and the scholars; is knowledge taken from him?
Answer

As long as he does not have foundation from the scholars (i.e. did not acquire knowledge from them in person and has no recommendations for that), rather he sought (knowledge) from papers and books, then knowledge is not taken from him because he does not understand the Madhab of the salaf. And it (i.e. Madhab of the Salaf) is not understood except by studying under the scholars. (It) is acquired (from the scholars)–this knowledge is (acquired from the scholars) and not only through reading. It is acquired (through the scholars), but reading is only an aid and not depended on. The likes of this (person) is called a Muta-aalim* and knowledge is not taken from him.

– Shaykh Saleh al-Fawzaan

*Muta-aalim: [i.e. someone who feigns knowledge and understanding but does/did not seek knowledge directly from the people of knowledge.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Amoto94(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
@MarkazMuaadh's Tweet: https://twitter.com/MarkazMuaadh/status/836302242638671872?s=08
Ibn Baz- "Du'a to Allaah is prescribed in all states,being upon wudhu is not a condition,even in janabah or menses.[Majmoo' al-Fatawa 26/99]
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum

Is marriage engagement considered an oath?

Does the person who breaks the marriage engagement have to fast?

First and Famous the definition of Engagement in modern times differs with the Islamic way. Islamic engagement requires no ring and other recent innovations.

When two individuals love each other: The engagement (agreement) will be between the Male and the waliy (representative) of the female. "That I so so agree to give u my daughters hand in marriage" From then she cannot date another person and also the marriage must not be delayed from that time.

This is an agreement between two people, it requires no fast when breaking it. The male can simple walk done to the Waliy that I have now decided because of so so reason not to proceed with the marriage of your daughter, she can now look for another man"

To my understanding it requires no fasting but seek for more fatwah.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
FriendChoice:

First and Famous the definition of Engagement in modern times differs with the Islamic way. Islamic engagement requires no ring and other recent innovations.

When two individuals love each other: The engagement (agreement) will be between the Male and the waliy (representative) of the female. "That I so so agree to give u my daughters hand in marriage" From then she cannot date another person and also the marriage must not be delayed from that time.

This is an agreement between two people, it requires no fast when breaking it. The male can simple walk done to the Waliy that I have now decided because of so so reason not to proceed with the marriage of your daughter, she can now look for another man"

To my understanding it requires no fasting but seek for more fatwah.

Jazakallahu Khyran. I found my answer and modified my previous post. Engagement is considered a promise and not an oat or vow.

What do you mean by the marriage must not be delayed? Is there a time frame for engagement?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khyran. I found my answer and modified my previous post. Engagement is considered a promise and not an oat or vow.

What do you mean by the marriage must not be delayed? Is there a time frame for engagement?

I was listening to Mufti Menk He says "The moment the couples are ready get the nikkah done "

They must not live together " 3 years , 4 years when he completed his building, degree or whatever they can unit together "

I will search the video 4 u later.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
FriendChoice:

I was listening to Mufti Menk He says "The moment the couples are ready get the nikkah done "

They must not live together " 3 years , 4 years when he completed his building, degree or whatever they can unit together "

I will search the video 4 u later.

Yeah, when people are engaged the man is still a non- mahram so they shouldn't be living together. However, I am not aware of a certain time frame for engagement. I know that couples are encouraged to get married when engaged and shouldn't wait too long. Perhaps, Mufti- Menk mentioned that to encourage getting married earlier rather than delaying the marriage.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
snapscore:

Yeah, when people are engaged the man is still a non- mahram so they shouldn't be living together. However, I am not aware of a certain time frame for engagement. I know that couples are encouraged to get married when engaged and shouldn't wait too long. Perhaps, Mufti- Menk mentioned that to encourage getting married earlier rather than delaying the marriage.

perhaps you did not read my post clearly. Am not talking of this engagement but Nikah (marriage).

What mufti is saying is: For example two people love themselves and perhaps the boy is studying or he is building a House, let them get married. They will live separately despite getting married until he is over with his studies or house, instead of saying let's stay engaged and wait for 3 or 5 years after studies b4 getting married.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
FriendChoice:

perhaps you did not read my post clearly. Am not talking of this engagement but Nikah (marriage).

What mufti is saying is: For example two people love themselves and perhaps the boy is studying or he is building a House, let them get married. They will live separately despite getting married until he is over with his studies or house, instead of saying let's stay engaged and wait for 3 or 5 years after studies b4 getting married.

That's the same thing I am talking about. What I meant was that, although it isn't recommended for people to delay the nikkah, it is permissible to do so.

"There is nothing in sharee’ah to indicate the length of time that there should be between the proposal and the marriage contract, rather that depends on local customs and how prepared each party is to go ahead with the marriage contract. If a man may propose then do the marriage contract and consummate the marriage contract all in one day, or it may be done in a month or a year or longer than that."

https://islamqa.info/en/82876

So if a person delays the nikkah after getting engaged, he is not sinning because delaying the nikkah itself is not a sin.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
snapscore:

That's the same thing I am talking about. What I meant was that, although it isn't recommended for people to delay the nikkah, it is permissible to do.

https://islamqa.info/en/82876

Ok Watch the video first. He says it's prohibited.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
FriendChoice:

Ok Watch the video first. He says it's prohibited.

Yeah I did and I modified my post.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
QUESTION (435)
Can a boy be sent back from the first row in prayer if he joins it?
ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Praise be to Allaah.
If the boys reach a place first, then they are more entitled to it than others, because of the general meaning of the evidence that the one who reaches something first that no one else has reached before him is more entitled to it.
The mosques are the houses of Allaah in which the slaves of Allaah are equal, so if a boy reaches the first row first -- for example -- and sits down, then let him stay where he is, because if we say that boys should be removed from the best place and we put them all in one place, that will lead to them playing about because they are together on their own in one row. See: As-Sharh Al-Mumti’ (3/4).
May Almighty Allaah accept our prayer as an act of worship.
«Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
DO NOT BE LIKE THEM!
Many people rely on the mercy of Allaah and His forgiveness and kindness, and they ignore His commands and prohibitions, and forget that He is severe in punishment and He does not ward off His wrath from evildoers.
Many people are doing bad deeds nowadays because Allaah is Forgiving and Most merciful, but they failed to realize that Allaah is also Severe in Punishment.
Allaah says: Inform My servants that I am the Forgiving, the Merciful, and that My punishment that is the painful punishment. [Sooratul-Hijr, 49 - 50].
May Almighty Allaah forgive our shortcoming and accept our deeds.
«Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WITH SHAYKH, DR SHAROF GBADEBO ROOJI (HAFIDHOHULLAAH)

Questioner: What is the ruling of abortion?

Dr Sharof: Islaam does not permit abortion, because pregnancy is a creation which Allaah wants to bring to life. What should be the reason for you to kill that creation? What can make abortion permissible in Islaam is when we have a woman, for example, who became pregnant for his husband, and the pregnancy is critically deteriorating her health to the extent that Medical doctors, Muslims who are reliable, say that if the pregnancy is not aborted, she may die. Since we have known (from the Sharee’ah) that whatever is certain would not be neglected for that which is not certain; the wife is certain, but the child is not certain. Therefore, we would protect the one which is certain even if it will cancel the uncertainty. That is it.

This does not apply to the one whose pregnancy is as a result of an illicit sexual intercourse. We do not have the audacity to ask her to abort it for the reason that it resulted from illicit sexual intercourse. There is no place where Islaam accepts that one cleanses feces with urine. This is because the illicit sexual intercourse is a crime, and the child you will kill now is also a crime. That is it.

Apart from that, as for those who say they have a lot of children on ground, and as such the pregnancy is a mistake, it is not permissible for them to abort it. That is it. You are not the one to dictate the number of children you want to Allaah, it is Allaah that will give you the number of children he wishes. That is it.
‘Having many children is tantamount to excessive poverty’ is a slogan with which the Yorubas deceive themselves. There are many people who do not have wives and yet they are poorer than the rats of the Churches. And we have known that no matter how many our children are; everyone of them comes with his own sustenance. The sustenance of the child does not affect that of the father neither does that of the father disturb the child. There are many of us who have acquired wealth which our fathers did not acquire despite the fact that they (our fathers) lived for long. If our fathers had killed us applying the slang ‘having many children is tantamount to excessive poverty’, how would we have become wealthy? Allaah says He would assist us; it isn’t that He keeps our affairs in the hands of other people. And there is no fear whenever Allaah asks us to move forward. For what reason do you want to kill your children? You do not have the power to kill a child who has been destined to come to life. The more you take drugs that will kill the child, the healthier the child will become.

For this reason, Islaam does not permit abortion.
And as for those who perform this abortion for people, they are criminals. Those hospitals that abort pregnancies are indulging in a criminal act. Don’t they think about what would happen on the day of qiyaamah? Allaah says, “Do they not think that they will be resurrected (for reckoning; On a Great Day; The Day when (all) mankind before the Lord of the Worlds.” [Soorah al-Mutoffifeen (83):4-6] We are afraid about that which will happen on that day. For this reason, don’t kill your child.

[SOURCE: QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION IN THE TAPE TITLED ‘EXTREMISM IN ISLAAM]
Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
snapscore:

Be careful from whom you take knowledge, especially from someone whose Aqeedah and manhaj u do not know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Amoto94:
Reading Star Signs
#Horoscope
Shaykh Salih Alaa ash - Shaykh [ ﺣﻔﻈﻪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ] said:
❝Whoever reads the page which contains star signs and he knows the star sign of when he was born, or he knows that star sign which is significant for him, and he reads the comments mentioned in that star sign then it is as if he has asked a soothsayer/fortune teller. So his prayer would not be accepted for forty days.
If he attests to it and believes in that star sign then he has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad [ﷺ] ... [the Shaykh continues saying]: and if he brings home newspapers which contain these type of things then it is as if he brought a soothsayer/fortune teller into his house.❞
[Tamheed Sharh Kitaab al Tawheed, (Page: 349) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

Barakallahu feek
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 01, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Be careful from whom you take knowledge, especially from someone whose Aqeedah and manhaj u do not know.

Jazakallahu Khyran

I left Mufti Menk when I started to have my doubts.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 01, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khyran

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khyran

Barakallaahu feek Umm Lu'lu.

Me too left him, I use to listen to him much back then. He deceives folks with his eloquence in English and 'muslims should be one, whether shia, sufi, deobandi tabligh which he is, etc'.

Ones Manhaj and Aqeedah is necessary when you wanna take from him/her.

Allaahu musta'an.

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by udatso: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Ustaadh ‘Umar Dada Paiko: In the name of Allaah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. (All) praise is (due) to Allaah, Lord of the worlds. May prayers and peace be upon Muhammad (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam), his households and his companions. To proceed, the question is actually two questions in one. One part of it is an international scene, and the other one is coming back home, but I think they are one and the same thing. (This is) because in international scene, I gave an example; I used Palestine. (Clears throat)…I used that as an example; there are so many examples in the world, there is Afghanistan and so on and so forth. And locally, there is the “Jamaa’atu Ahlis Sunnah Li Da’wati wal Jihaad” in Nigeria. They are all saying the same thing that they have been pushed to the wall and so they are pushing back.

I think this is wrong cos there has never been a time boko are rams complained of being oppressed. I find this ridiculous cos they are are the oppressors and not the victim. They have always been.

In the case of Al-Qaeda for instance, Al-Qaeda is saying it is fighting for Muslims who are being oppressed in Palestine. Like I have said, the Qur’aan shows that if Muslims are being pushed to the wall, they push back; they fight back. They fight in self-defense. The little problem that I see in what Al-Qaeda does in the international scene is that fighting back is not the duty of a group of Muslims.
Again this doesn't apply to boko haram. I might not know much about alqaeda and ol but I know bh have not been fighting as a form of push back or whatever he calls it.

It is supposed to be the entire Muslim Ummah under one leadership, deciding that they should fight back, and then the leader would appoint those who would do that on behalf of the Muslims, so that if there is any need to employ any tactic in fighting back, it is the leadership of course in consultation with the Shuroo committee that will take that decision. And then (they may) say we will fight back, and this is how we will do it and this where we will start from and so on and so forth. So Al-Qaeda as a group does not have that, because it is just a group out of many groups of Muslims. When it was under Taliban in Afghanistan, they have a Muslim government. They have leadership and there was the head of state of that country and so he (the leadership) in his country could fight back any such oppression if his government had agreed that they were supposed to fight back. But for one group to decide that the whole world should fight back and then to call people to fight is wrong Islamically. It is not right; that is not how it is done. If you leave it to groups to do that, of course they open the door to extremism because one group could interpret it in one way; another group could interpret it in another way, so it is not for groups. It is for the entire Muslim Ummah.

[s] Coming back home, it’s the same thing. It is just that the other one is international while this one is Nigeria, but it’s the same thing. [/s]

We have a group of young people who have come together to say every other person is wrong and they are right. There is something wrong in this thinking in the sense that it is not guided by the leadership of the Muslim Ummah in the country. Whether we like it or not, the Sultoon is the leader of all Muslims in Nigeria. He is the one that the government recognizes as the leader of the Muslims. And in fact, if you were to ask the generality of the Muslim Ummah who their leader is, more than 70% will say it is the Sultoon. So, such important decision should be left to him. The Messenger of Allaah (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “Even if you think the leader you have did not attain his position the right way, as long as he become the leader of the Muslim, he becomes the only one that will be given the responsibility of leading the Muslim Ummah (in important decisions like that).” Like the decision of fighting back against those who have fought us. If the Sultoon says yes, we fight under him if he says no, we will be patient because the pious predecessors have taught us to all be patient and follow the leader even if we think he got to the place the wrong way. But as long as he is the leader, we cannot take some decisions that will affect the entire Muslim Ummah; we can’t take them based on our sentiments. Having said that, of course I would have pointed to the fact that it is wrong for any group to take that as its responsibility. But if the Sultoon…(unclear word)…and comes out to say Muslims will now fight back; (then) it is time to fight.
Unfortunately, in the international scene, we don’t have one person for the entire Muslim Ummah in the world, so it will be left to countries. Saudiyyah can decide that it is time to fight back so and so people; (I mean) the government. Afghanistan’s government can decide. Nigeria’s government can decide. Egypt government can decide. But it is wrong Islamically for groups to take that as their responsibility, because the blood of humans is concerned here and Islaam takes that seriously. If you kill one person wrongly, you have killed the entire world and you will be accountable to Allaah. So it’s a very serious issue that individuals should not take into their hands. I hope I have answered your question sir.
[SOURCE: ISLAAM AND EXTREMISM; TIME OF QUESTION AND ANSWER IN THE TAPE: 55:05 to 1:04:02]
Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey
Abdelkabir
This is the part I think you tried to clarify and I already don't have a problem with this. But saying bh attacks is as a result of been pushed to the wall is false cos there hasn't been a time these rams gave such impression.

This post has been modified
I find this reply very disturbing. Is this sheikh trying to tell us that members of boko haram are terrorizing both Muslims and Christians because they feel cheated or oppressed?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by udatso: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WITH USTAADH SULAYMAAN AMUBIEYA (HAFIDHOHULLAAH)
Questioner: Please sir; is it permissible in the Sharee’ah for a woman who is knowledgeable or not, to gather the people (for the purpose of explaining the religion to them). Can she organize radio programs or television programs since it has to do with calling to the way of Allaah, and Allaah ordered both men and women to participate in it?

Ustaadh Sulaymaan Amubieya (HafidhohuLlaah): All perfect praise is for Allaah, Lord of the worlds. May blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Assalaamu ‘alaykum warahmotuLlaahi wabarokaatuh.
All perfect praise is due to Allaah who made us Muslims. We beseech the peace and blessings of Allaah upon Muhamamad (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam); the one whom Allaah sent as mercy to all of us. Jamaa’ah, we beseech Allaah with His oneness to save us from the deception of Shaytoon.
Before the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) departed from this world, he informed us in an authentic narration that, “If I depart (from you), you will certainly follow the footsteps of those who were given the scripture before you….” In the Islaam with which Allaah sent the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam), with authentic evidences, women are not permitted to do Da’wah on the radio. A woman who submits to the will of Allaah is not supposed to do Da’wah on the television. If she is knowledgeable; it is permissible in the religion that she teaches her female counterparts in the mosques, schools of Islaamic learning, (and this should be) amongst the women. It is not from the methodology of the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) for a woman to go to the radio and television stations (for the purpose of Da’wah), but many people may think that women are also participating in Da’wah (if they do so).
There is a statement we have always called our attention to, and it is this same statement that is affecting us (today). What is it? ‘Do not love the religion of Allaah more than Allaah.’ The One who says a woman should not go to the radio stations for Da’awah from the tongue of the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is the owner of His religion. He is the One who knows how to save those who will be saved. Take care of your husband’s house; take care of your children, and take care of your husband too. Have you completed the rights of your husband? Do not turn yourself into that which you are not called (in the Sharee’ah). Do not later become what you are not supposed to be addressed with. Do not allow the devil to turn you into a stone which he stones away. The women are not from this (that is, the believers are not supposed to have these attributes). There are various ways by which you could be beneficial with that which you know of knowledge. Teach your female counterparts.

There is no evidence from the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayh wa sallam) to support this affair. In fact the woman who asked the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) regarding the women that used to gather in her house till when it was time for prayer; Ummu Waroqoh; she asked the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) about how it would be easy for them to pray. The Prophet then appointed a person (a man) who would call the prayer in her place, and he would leave whenever he finishes calling the prayer. They (the women) would pray amongst themselves in that same house wherein they teach themselves knowledge. No woman came out (from them). But regarding all these things, the Prophet said that majority of what we haven’t seen before are things we would be seeing at the end of time. This is one of the signs of the end of this age. From the things which would make us know that we are in the end times is when women say they will do the work of the men in the religion. Wa ssalaamu ‘alaykum warahmotuLlaahi wabarokaatuh; and Allaah knows best.

[SOURCE: QUESTION AND ANSWER, TAPE 26 OF A YEAR’S ROMODOON RADIO LECTURES; TIME OFTHE QUESTION AND ANSWER IN THE CLIP, “00:37-03:32”]
Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey
Na wa for this sheikh oooo
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
udatso:

I find this reply very disturbing. Is this sheikh trying to tell us that members of boko haram are terrorizing both Muslims and Christians because they feel cheated or oppressed?

I think you misunderstood him....

Ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah do not deny that jihaad can still be waged against the mushriks, but we can only do that when we've fought with our own souls first, by first submitting to tawheed, this is what the prophet did when he taught tawheed for 13years, he was working on their "jihaad nafs", so back to the shaykh, Muslims can fight back if they are oppressed(just as how the prophet did when they were oppressed by the mushriks of mecca) which is a form of jihaad, but this form of jihaad can't be attained except we fight with our own souls first, after that we now have a leader who is leading us, then we follow his instructions. but what boko are rams and the likes are doing is wrong, because they have misplaced their priorities and they kill unjustly.

so the shaykh is only affirning that jihaad is still present but the takfeeri groups have misplaced the priorities.

I don't feel i have answered this properly tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
udatso:

Na wa for this sheikh oooo

on what do you disagree with him?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 02, 2017
Coccoh:

How can he/she be dealt with? Please kindly clarify more on this

we thread the path of the past scholars, the science of Al-jarh – criticism

Gheebah becomes permissible, you warn against the stubborn person, just as how we warn against the likes of Habib Al-ilory, Jabata, Qaradawiy, onikijipa(the babalawo) and so on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Coccoh(f): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

we thread the path of the past scholars, the science of Al-jarh – criticism

Gheebah becomes permissible, you warn against the stubborn person, just as how we warn against the likes of Habib Al-ilory, Jabata, Qaradawiy, onikijipa(the babalawo) and so on.

And if after several warnings, what happens afterwards? We leave them?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by udatso: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

on what do you disagree with him?
Many Islamic channels (radio and tv) I have seen or heard have females presenting, teaching or preaching. Are they all ignorant of this fatwa. I am us usually not the type of person that reject or accept a practice just because many people are engaged in it. The reply given above by the sheikh was more like his opinion and I didn't see any daleel to back it up
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Coccoh:

And if after several warnings, what happens afterwards? We leave them?

you dont leave people of bidah till they leave their misguidance, even if they are dead and died upon theirtheir misguidance, you still warn against them, this is why we stilp warn people today not to fall into the misguidance of the likes of jahm ibn safwan, dhul khuwaysarah's followers and so on...
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
udatso:

I think this is wrong cos there has never been a time boko are rams complained of being oppressed. I find this ridiculous cos they are are the oppressors and not the victim. They have always been.

Again this doesn't apply to boko haram. I might not know much about alqaeda and ol but I know bh have not been fighting as a form of push back or whatever he calls it.

Abdelkabir
This is the part I think you tried to clarify and I already don't have a problem with this. But saying bh attacks is as a result of been pushed to the wall is false cos there hasn't been a time these rams gave such impression.

This post has been modified

perhaps you think he is supporting boko are rams??
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
udatso:

Many Islamic channels (radio and tv) I have seen or heard have females presenting, teaching or preaching. Are they all ignorant of this fatwa. I am us usually not the type of person that reject or accept a practice just because many people are engaged in it. The reply given above by the sheikh was more like his opinion and I didn't see any daleel to back it up

ok, was about typing on this, but remembered I've seen so.e YouTube videos on this that pretty summed up all i had to say.

A brother from los angeles – Abu Mussab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1GDs7HdhA

shaykh Assim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI5Y4UFSeNI

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) / Meet Sumayyah Shuaibu Salisu Who Writes Holy Quran In 3 Months / Suggest Threads For Frontpage Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.