Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,963 members, 7,848,905 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 (1895 Views)

Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) / State House Medical Centre Budget 2013 To 2017 / Why Nigerians Will Become Poorer With Rising Oil Prices - Henry Boyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by joedams: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2017
Oil price, as at January of the following years
2009: $47
2010: $86
2011: $97
2012: $105
2013: $101
2014: $99
2015: $48
2016: $29.4

2017: $55.8

The oil prices at the start of 2011 - 2014 were record highs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/688336065468350465

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by modath(f): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2017
cool
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by Horlufemi(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2017
tongue
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by joedams: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2017
Lol..i know the drill grin
Horlufemi:
tongue
modath:
cool
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by dazdilijae(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2017
Has any1 noticed GEJ actually had goodluck?
His personal nature and spiritual clinging also transfer to the country. Unlike PMB who always has a badluck attached 2 him thus the situation in the country.
4 those who wan to attack me please tell me what good has happened to PMB as a man without the help of others influence in his life? Be it family, business, education, politics? Then you would know he is made with a difficult disposition to life thus the need 4 prayer by the country 2 free us from his nature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ddippset(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2017
No wonder dasuki ATM was the only ATM in the country that never said 'currently unable to dispense cash'
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ddippset(m): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2017
dazdilijae:
His personal nature and spiritual clinging also transfer to the country. Unlike PMB who always has a badluck attached 2 him thus the situation in the country.
4 those who wan to attack me please tell me what good has happened to PMB as a man without the help of others influence in his life? Be it family, business, education, politics? Then you would know he is made with a difficult disposition to life thus the need 4 prayer by the country 2 free us from his nature.
totally on point. He had such a good nature and was very generous. He gave the keys to our national treasury to diezzani, dasuki and dokpesi. He was so generous even when oil was at 105 he didn't eat alone. Such a good man, god bless gej.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2017
dazdilijae:

Your post is as pathetic as Jonathan's intelligence; pls name who was born into this world, survived, lived and prospered all by himself without the aid or support of anyone?

8 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by idupaul: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Your post is as pathetic as Jonathan's intelligence; pls name who was born into this world, survived, lived and prospered all by himself without the aid or support of anyone?

I noticed you are a Buharitologist ...please can you name just a single project Buhari completed as military head of state , please just one.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by idupaul: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2017
dazdilijae:
The bible says when the righteous leads prosperity shall flourish over the land but when the wicked is in power there shall be grinding and gnashing of teeth ..My God has never been wrong sir

4 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2017
idupaul:

I noticed you are a Buharitologist ...please can you name just a single project Buhari completed as military head of state , please just one.

He ruled for just one year 1984 - 85 and therefore had little time to complete any significant project but in an earlier capacity as minister, he presided over the completion of most of our refineries in record time - just to name a few.

BTW, I am not a Buharist but simply hate corruption and dishonesty in all their ramifications; Buhari simply comes closer to my ideals.

7 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by obailala(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
idupaul:

The bible says when the righteous leads prosperity shall flourish over the land but when the wicked is in power there shall be grinding and gnashing of teeth ..My God has never been wrong sir
No doubt, the reign of GEJ was laced with good luck for the country, but the righteous man squandered the blessings which God gave Nigeria (because of him) on people like Dasuki, etc. If the good fortunes that accrued to Nigeria within those years of plenty were utilized properly, Nigeria would have had at least one or two functional refineries (at least one new one should have been built + resuscitation of the old dead ones). Also we would have had at least one or two major roads completed or one or two power plants built and completed to balance our power problems. We would have at least had a major high speed standard rail completed and functional within that period and if those were in place, we wouldn't be so much affected by the crisis in the oil industry today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by DropShot: 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
obailala:
No doubt, the reign of GEJ was laced with good luck for the country, but the righteous man squandered the blessings which God gave Nigeria (because of him) on people like Dasuki, etc. If the good fortunes that accrued to Nigeria within those years of plenty were utilized properly, Nigeria would have had at least one or two functional refineries (at least one new one should have been built + resuscitation of the old dead ones). Also we would have had at least one or two major roads completed or one or two power plants built and completed to balance our power problems. We would have at least had a major high speed standard rail completed and functional within that period and if those were in place, we wouldn't be so much affected by the crisis in the oil industry today.

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by razid: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
No wonder Buhari is always asking about the elusive savings. Imagine between 2010 and 2014, oil price was at its highest and yet nothing to show for it. Instead, the external reserves were depleted and internal and external debts were even snowballing.

One thing we need to appreciate is that Buhari is an old man with experience. Were he to be a young man and a greenhorn, some people would by now been sipping coffee in their respective graves. How can you see figures like this and not run mad? Impossicant!

Now the question is as a president can I stomach a thing like this? N-E-V-E-R!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ivandragon: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
if with crude oil at less than $50 pb, PYO says Nigeria saved over N1.4t (i.e $7b using an exchange rate of N200)...

can 'you' imagine how much sudsidy was paid when crude was sold at over $90 pb?

so if subsidy had been removed as at 2012, Nigeria would have saved an average of $7b*3=$21b...

$21b on removing fuel subsidy alone would have been saved from 2012-2014.

now that landing cost of PMS is N213 per litre, let's see if PMB won't increase fuel price or reintroduce 'direct' subsidy...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by dazdilijae(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=idupaul post=52519593]
The bible says when the righteous leads prosperity shall flourish over the land but when the wicked is in power there shall be grinding and gnashing of teeth ..My God has never been wrong sir[/quote

you get my drift bro God bless your wisdom
i wont reply to fools like those above

1 Like

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by dazdilijae(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
obailala:

its so easy to blame GEJ for the waste of our resources but exempt this administration where people like Ameachi and Fashola who took GEJ to court for saving is praised for their lies.
Stupidity is when we blame teacher for not covering the syllabus but forget we were given the same syllabus at the beginning of the term Ameachi said he didnt know the trains were working. was surprised the rail lines were working few days as minister while Fashola said GEJ constructed more roads than any other govt few days into office so to me all this after noise of no infrastructure is political lies cos APC has seen it can never achieve a third of GEJ's achievement in their four years in power. point of reminder GEJ constructed Abuja- Kaduna railway in his 5years in office but Fashola and Ameaxhi couldnt finish their shorter distanced train project in their eight year in office in both states and till date.
leadership is delegation of powers and every1 who misuses the power given to him should account to the law simple
GEJ is blesses and did his best PMb should do his ad leave so the country grows enough of the politics elections are over

3 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by dazdilijae(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
ivandragon:
if with crude oil at less than $50 pb, PYO says Nigeria saved over N1.4t (i.e $7b using an exchange rate of N200)...

can 'you' imagine how much sudsidy was paid when crude was sold at over $90 pb?

so if subsidy had been removed as at 2012, Nigeria would have saved an average of $7b*3=$21b...

$21b on removing fuel subsidy alone would have been saved from 2012-2014.

now that landing cost of PMS is N213 per litre, let's see if PMB won't increase fuel price or reintroduce 'direct' subsidy...

Dont mind the unintelligent arguments
gullible e rats

3 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by dazdilijae(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

note the words PMB as a man without others influence
why do people do everything for him to progress? som1 forged results so he can joined the army, it was claimed his kids fees were paid for in the UK from friends b4 elections, his nomination forms was by others, his election into office was jagaban even his cattle farm is tended by som1 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by ivandragon: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
dazdilijae:

its so easy to blame GEJ for the waste of our resources but exempt this administration where people like Ameachi and Fashola who took GEJ to court for saving is praised for their lies.
Stupidity is when we blame teacher for not covering the syllabus but forget we were given the same syllabus at the beginning of the term Ameachi said he didnt know the trains were working. was surprised the rail lines were working few days as minister while Fashola said GEJ constructed more roads than any other govt few days into office so to me all this after noise of no infrastructure is political lies cos APC has seen it can never achieve a third of GEJ's achievement in their four years in power. point of reminder GEJ constructed Abuja- Kaduna railway in his 5years in office but Fashola and Ameaxhi couldnt finish their shorter distanced train project in their eight year in office in both states and till date.
leadership is delegation of powers and every1 who misuses the power given to him should account to the law simple
GEJ is blesses and did his best PMb should do his ad leave so the country grows enough of the politics elections are over

help me tell them o!

some people just love been agent provocateurs.

GEJ wasn't perfect by a long short, but the constant effort to make him look worse than PMB is uncalled for.

GEJ built power plants, schools, rail roads, reduced our import bill, increased salaries by over 100%, retooled the NA, stopped fertilizer subsidy fraud, was the one that made Nigerians know that fuel subsidy was a massive drain, brought about the FoI bill, money laundering bill (now Acts), introduced IPPIS, TSA, BVN which today is the single most effective weapon in the fight against financial corruption in the last 10 years.

these chaps don't even realise that Transparency Int rating for between 2013-2014 showed improvement in Nigeria's corruption rating.

yet people choose to ignore all these & tarnish his image beyond what is reasonable.

was there looting under GEJ? yes, no doubt, but we must also give him his due when it matters.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by Stalwert: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
razid:
No wonder Buhari is always asking about the elusive savings. Imagine between 2010 and 2014, oil price was at its highest and yet nothing to show for it. Instead, the external reserves were depleted and internal and external debts were even snowballing.

One thing we need to appreciate is that Buhari is an old man with experience. Were he to be a young man and a greenhorn, some people would by now been sipping coffee in their respective graves. How can you see figures like this and not run mad? Impossicant!

Now the question is as a president can I stomach a thing like this? N-E-V-E-R!

Gbam gbam gbam only drunken fools overlooked the haggardly management of our economy under GEJ
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by obailala(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
dazdilijae:

This argument isn't about ECA or savings, it is simply about how the oil windfall moneys realised under GEJ's time were 'spended' (apologies to Dalung cheesy). If we must talk of ECA, then this overused excuse of "Amaechi made GEJ squander the money" is very stale and ridiculous, it even further indicts GEJ. Without much ado, the big question which no one giving this same lame 'Amaechi and Fashola' defence has been able to answer is, if GEJ really had any single political will whatsoever to save, how come he could not save the FG's lion share (51% of total) of the money?.... Was it also Amaechi and Fashola?

We are talking of 21st century trains, you are talking of those pre-1960 narrow gauge trains which run from Lagos to Kano in 3 days?... FYI, the only real rails built is the one from Abuja to Kaduna, kudos to GEJ for not abandoning that one, but the point being that it does not still reflect the massive oil windfall which the administration received; even OBJ built a much longer standard gauge rail from Itakpe-Ajaukuta-Warri and there was never any noise about that.

Fashola said GEJ built more roads?... So in 2017 we still have people who still believe the trash churned out by political bloggers?.. Chaii!

“President Goodluck Jonathan said he constructed 25,000 kilometres roads in the country. Now, the distance from Lagos to London is just over 5,000km. What the claim by the President means is that they have constructed a road from Lagos to London five times. But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done. So where did they see the 25,000km roads?" - Fashola

Above is the exact statement from Fashola when he heard a ridiculous report before the elections that GEJ had built 25,000km of roads in 5 years. How the statement above was again twisted by bloggers to deceive people like you still remains a mystery because even a kid should know which is the lie and which is the truth.

GEJ did his best but his best was so so not good enough as he squandered the oil windfall blessings which Nigeria got during the time he reigned with nothing tangible 'enough' to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by seguno2: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
obailala:

Is Dasuki also called minimum wage that moved to N18,000 in 2010 from N7,500?
Or they are separate people?
Is Dasuki also called the Nigerian railways that was revived?
Or maybe Dasuki is the same as the revived airports, automotive industry, agriculture and roads built?

BTW, if truly Dasuki did anything serious why is he yet to be tried and convicted?
Obviously, he is detained simply for arresting Buhari in 1985 when IBB kicked him out of Dodan Barracks.
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by obailala(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
seguno2:

Is Dasuki also called minimum wage that moved to N18,000 in 2010 from N7,500?
Or they are separate people?
Is Dasuki also called the Nigerian railways that was revived?
Or maybe Dasuki is the same as the revived airports, automotive industry, agriculture and roads built?

BTW, if truly Dasuki did anything serious why is he yet to be tried and convicted?
Obviously, he is detained simply for arresting Buhari in 1985 when IBB kicked him out of Dodan Barracks.
DAsuki in my statement was just figurative and it actually refers to plenty people and events which represent leakages. Compared to the money made, the measly list which you presented isn't commensurate with the money which went down the drain.

Yoiu mentioned roads and I ask, is it enough to announce on news and on paper that you have awarded road contracts yet a kobo isn't released to contractors beyond the original mobilisation for 5 years?.... No wonder a short 'very' bad section of a road like the Benin to Sagamu road was fixed and this short section had to be commissioned with so much fanfare even though it represents less than 5% of the entire road needing repair. Abeg help me name one or two of the roads which were completed close to your domain which really explains the trillions?

What Nigerian railway are you even talking about exactly?... Is it the pre-1960 narrow gauge rails that were refurbished that you are flaunting as the legacy project which gulped trillions?... Ancient refurbished narrow gauge train tracks that can only support trains moving at 40 km/hr max, no wonder it takes 2-3 days for the trains to run from Lagos to Kano and this is supposed to be what gulped trillions?... We know Buhari isn't doing anything but please dont insult us with this nonsense GEJ glorification cos the man squandered a glorious opportunity to turn Nigeria around. Quit this yeye glorification of GEJ matter before una make person vex this evening. angry

2 Likes

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by seguno2: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
obailala:
DAsuki in my statement was just figurative and it actually refers to plenty people and events which represent leakages. Compared to the money made, the measly list which you presented isn't commensurate with the money which went down the drain.

Yoiu mentioned roads and I ask, is it enough to announce on news and on paper that you have awarded road contracts yet a kobo isn't released to contractors beyond the original mobilisation for 5 years?.... No wonder a short 'very' bad section of a road like the Benin to Sagamu road was fixed and this short section had to be commissioned with so much fanfare even though it represents less than 5% of the entire road needing repair. Abeg help me name one or two of the roads which were completed close to your domain which really explains the trillions?

What Nigerian railway are you even talking about exactly?... Is it the pre-1960 narrow gauge rails that were refurbished that you are flaunting as the legacy project which gulped trillions?... Ancient refurbished narrow gauge train tracks that can only support trains moving at 40 km/hr max, no wonder it takes 2-3 days for the trains to run from Lagos to Kano and this is supposed to be what gulped trillions?... We know Buhari isn't doing anything but please dont insult us with this nonsense GEJ glorification cos the man squandered a glorious opportunity to turn Nigeria around. Quit this yeye glorification of GEJ matter before una make person vex this evening. angry

Life is not about absolutes but rather about COMPARATIVES.
Do I take it that you are saying Jonathan did not do much unlike Buhari who has done NOTHING?
What of Obasanjo and his eight years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by obailala(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
seguno2:

Life is not about absolutes but rather about COMPARATIVES.
Do I take it that you are saying Jonathan did not do much unlike Buhari who has done NOTHING?
What of Obasanjo and his eight years?
OBJ clearly has more measurable and tangible achievements than any other Nigerian president, but that is not to say he should be hailed because he could have done more. OBJ just didnt exist at a time of political fanaticism as we have it today, so there was never a need to start counting his achievements as we do today with GEJ or buhari.
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by seguno2: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
obailala:
OBJ clearly has more measurable and tangible achievements than any other Nigerian president, but that is not to say he should be hailed because he could have done more. OBJ just didnt exist at a time of political fanaticism as we have it today, so there was never a need to start counting his achievements as we do today with GEJ or buhari.

This your answer reminds me of the Artful Dodger character in Oliver Twist book

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by iluvdonjazzy: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
so we should go and fry BEANS abi?
Re: Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 by bayelsaowei(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
ddippset:
totally on point. He had such a good nature and was very generous. He gave the keys to our national treasury to diezzani, dasuki and dokpesi. He was so generous even when oil was at 105 he didn't eat alone. Such a good man, god bless gej.
not just those few persons but to many others including the masses....buhari is actually a curse to us all....the black pale horse in the book of revelations...poverty and hunger...

(1) (Reply)

Northerners Call For D Return Of Jona With D Hash Tag #bringbackourjonathan / FFK Blast Pmb's Aide In New Tweets. Call Her Names / Igbo Jewry Vs Hausa Fulani Arabism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.