Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,440 members, 7,861,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt (15616 Views)

"President Buhari Doesn't Read Newspapers" - Fayose / "I Will Always Be A Friend Of Ndigbo" - President Buhari Says / Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by superstar1(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2017
That is no news to some of us.

We know they are not well informed with the way they pass their myopic and ethnocentric comments on NL

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by ClitRaider: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2017
0b10010011:
grin grin grin

People that re thinking of how to migrate to Afonja land for greener pastures re the ones you asking to read Newspaper. Will that pay there transport and accommodation money to Afonja land?
I wonder what the flatrons would be without the Afonjas.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2017
HE WANTS NDI IGBO TO CARRY SMALL RADIO LIKE MALLAMS ON DIRTY DRESS AND LISTEN TO LIES AND PROPAGANDAS THEY PAY NEWS MEDIA AGENCIES TO PUBLISH AND DUMP OUR BUSINESS THAT IS KEEPING US SURVIVING SINCE HIS NORTHEN BROTHERS TOOK ALL NDIGBO WORKED FOR AFTER THE WAR
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
“In what could be described as a shocking experience while going around, I discovered to my horror that our people are not informed. “70 percent of Igbo do not listen to news, they do not read newspapers.

No wonder cheap propaganda can easily sell in that region and Nnamdi kanu was able to make an in-road in a short time.

It seems they have less interest for objective information but would quickly gravitate to hateful propaganda like flies to shit.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by okwadatigbogal: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2017
DjAndroid:

Which information? The major yardstick to measure the audience of a radio programme is the number of calls received during a live programme.

Maybe Imo people refused to listen to the state propaganda-praise-singing-archaic-analogue radio station and the clueless government Concluded that the region does not listen to radio.

The question is, why so many radio stations in the region if there is poor listenership?

se this one. Imo and Abia probably have the most informed Igbos. unlike some states that their beauty queens are always empty skulls, thats a good reflection he people in the state
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by midol: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2017
We yoruba muslims want Iboes to be like us and listen to only government newstation where our coconut muslims skulls are easily filled with ApC propaganda from liar mohammed. When the Ibos and Igbos in SE/SS refuse to listen to propaganda and believe , we shall lament and call them ignorant people. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Ngokafor(f): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Bekwarra:
It shows in the way most of them shout Lagos-Ibadan expressway media. How many media houses are on the Lg-Ib expressway? This people are so uninformed. Ignorance is tied to their destiny.

...It is 'these people' not 'this'..so much for your 'Harvard education' exposure.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by DjAndroid: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2017
okwadatigbogal:

se this one. Imo and Abia probably have the most informed Igbos. unlike some states that their beauty queens are always empty skulls, thats a good reflection he people in the state

Bros me and you no dey fight. We are brothers. Don't behave like afonja.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by FrancisAdl(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2017
Make 2019 just come jare! Bet Mr. Rochas, building a university don't make you smart or informed because clearly......

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by DjAndroid: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2017
obailala:
Ayam not understanding this your comment... The report said 'read' but you are counting number of radio stations?
and you did not see "listen to radio"?

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2017
sad no mind am. Him dey listen No be inform them inform am say one of his indegenes was killed in the North by the extremist Yeye man. I like am before oooo but I no know wetin they do am these days.
DjAndroid:
Na him and im family wey no dey read.

8 radio stations dey Abia state.

16 radio stations dey Anambra, 3more to open this year

3 dey Ebony

12 dey enugu

9 dey Imo

If these radio stations are not enjoying massive listenership, why is their business booming? And why this number of stations?

Okoroawusa Oya take am
He went around few communities and discover that 70% are not listening Which kind experiment be that

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by soath(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
But honestly Glo's network has improved a lot. I now stream videos non stop till the end.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by ImoRiver: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2017
Lol! Vanguard at it again. Sometimes Nairaland needs to ignore some of these childish lies coming out of Vanguard as it is already known by Nigerians that Vanguard is fighting Okorocha. When you read the body of their news you will always realize that it is just made up stories and deliberate attempts to involve Okorocha in the news.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2017
kross01:
Sometimes these guys just descend so low to plainly insult their constituents all in the name of playing politics. Just because the people you interacted with refused to be fooled by your media propaganda, u term them ignorant and brand 70% of them as not listening to radio / reading newspapers, yet in the same line and under the same breath you allege that churches are misinforming the people through the pages of newspapers, abeg is it the same media you just claimed 70% of imolites are ignorant of? Stupid statement from a political jobber. Your type wouldn't mind insulting your family on air so long as it puts food on your table
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by ImoRiver: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2017
ezenwajosh:
HE WANTS NDI IGBO TO CARRY SMALL RADIO LIKE MALLAMS ON DIRTY DRESS AND LISTEN TO LIES AND PROPAGANDAS THEY PAY NEWS MEDIA AGENCIES TO PUBLISH AND DUMP OUR BUSINESS THAT IS KEEPING US SURVIVING SINCE HIS NORTHEN BROTHERS TOOK ALL NDIGBO WORKED FOR AFTER THE WAR

Did you read the story? Nothing like that was said and you are convinced it was.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2017
Why blame okorocha? Am sure u know what the only come here to do as they will never buy or listen to radio analysis

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by wasuka14(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
biaframustcome:
Which research lead to the conclusion that 70% don't listen to radio or read newspaper?

I think imo state government is taking folks for fools.

Let me make up my own observation

Ndigbo don't listen to rubbish radio station full of lies and propaganda
We don't read rubbish newspaper full of lies and propaganda

My question is which of these stations is not full of propagandas? How many programmes have u ever sponsored on these so called saint stations. Is it not this same govt and their allies that is controlling and sponsoring all of them. Nothing in the media is actually the way it is. All media outfit work with govt 'body language'
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by vickeybrown92(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2017
Heheheheh...so itz true...no wonder ...sum of them will go out and say the president of nigeria is Dr mohammed buhari
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Xano(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2017
DjAndroid:

3 dey Ebony

12 dey enugu

9 dey Imo

If these radio stations are not enjoying massive listenership, why is their business booming? And why this number of stations?

Okoroawusa Oya take am

Thank you

sarrki:

The state Government are far more informed
They have information we don't have.

Interesting spin sarrki. Private radio stations are far better. Objective and true discussions.

Government(state or federal) media stations , there news bulletin are mostly biased(edited to praise government)

Cheerleader, as if you watch NTA and FRCN.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by enemyofprogress: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2017
Na wa o. Vickyrotex na true?
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by chigaemezuogu: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2017
Okorocha and his commissioners has no respect for ndigbo, igbo speaking biafrans. One day monkey will go to market and never return.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Caseless: 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
“In what could be described as a shocking experience while going around, I discovered to my horror that our people are not informed. “70 percent of Igbo do not listen to news, they do not read newspapers.

No wonder cheap propaganda can easily sells in that region and Nnamdi kanu was able to make an in-road in a short time.
I've always known them to be so. People who believe trump can come to Nigeria and deal with buhari and help them to achieve biafra don't have information.

What they believe sometimes in that region, a 5 year old boy in the north won't take it.

3 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by midol: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
We yoruba muslims and radio-carrying abokki almajiris know that government stations and newspapers are the best and most unbiased newspaper, while liar mohammed is the MOST HONEST MAN in milky way.

We must lament against Iboes and SS who believe otherwise.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by najoke: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
midol:
We yoruba muslims and radio-carrying abokki almajiris know that government stations and newspapers are the best and most unbiased newspaper, while liar mohammed is the MOST HONEST MAN in milky way.

We must lament against Iboes and SS who believe otherwise.
We fulani slaves only believe in news from igberetv and igwocha, any other news outlet are fake.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4470208_img20161111113652_jpeg4de22df39cfb402fb38f022e5798d56e

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by AntiNigerian: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
biaframustcome:
Which research lead to the conclusion that 70% don't listen to radio or read newspaper?

I think imo state government is taking folks for fools.

Let me make up my own observation

Ndigbo don't listen to rubbish radio station full of lies and propaganda
We don't read rubbish newspaper full of lies and propaganda

Am from Rivers state and I listen to only RADIO BIAFRA LONDON! any other can go and die!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by mavinc4u(f): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
DjAndroid:

Which information? The major yardstick to measure the audience of a radio programme is the number of calls received during a live programme.

Maybe Imo people refused to listen to the state propaganda-praise-singing-archaic-analogue radio station and the clueless government Concluded that the region does not listen to radio.

The question is, why so many radio stations in the region if there is poor listeners ship?

Is there anything good that comes out of Nigeria radio/tv stations? If is true then they should keep it up before they all develop high BP in listening to those stations. I don't even tune to any Nigeria TV station let alone radio.
I have better things to do with my TV than to listen to the thrash that comes out of those media houses.

Save your explanation to that guy. Nothing worth listening or watching on Nigeria TV/radio except you want to annoy yourself by listening to their one thousand and one lies.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by sarrki(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
mavinc4u:

Is there anything good that comes out of Nigeria radio/tv stations? If is true then they should keep it up before they all develop high BP in listening to those stations. I don't even tune to any Nigeria TV station let alone radio.
I have better things to do with my TV than to listen to the thrash that comes out of those media houses.

Save your explanation to that guy. Nothing worth listening or watching on Nigeria TV/radio except you want to annoy yourself by listening to their one thousand and one lies.

Please expantiate
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Billygee2u: 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
DjAndroid:

3 dey Ebony

12 dey enugu

9 dey Imo

Okoroawusa Oya take am
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by mavinc4u(f): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
sarrki:

Please expantiate

You don't need it. Thanks
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aufbauh:

No wonder cheap propaganda can easily sells in that region and Nnamdi kanu was able to make an in-road in a short time.

No wonder Nnamdi Kanu went from house to house 'pusing propaganda' instead of mounting transmitters on telecom mast to broadcast his radio station.
Thanks Aufbauh!! I was wondering why he was called the director; it must have been director of door to door communication - now I know!!
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Curlieweed: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
Roaches is a disgrace to my great state. In this day and age when newspapers are folding everywhere due to competition from new media, this clown wants us to keep reading newspapers.

No wonder!

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Anago5000: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
ImoRiver:
Lol! Vanguard at it again. Sometimes Nairaland needs to ignore some of these childish lies coming out of Vanguard as it is already known by Nigerians that Vanguard is fighting Okorocha. When you read the body of their news you will always realize that it is just made up stories and deliberate attempts to involve Okorocha in the news.
shut up. abagworo. cc:schematic asha9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / Ondo Election: Elites May Support Akeredolu While The Masses May Reject Him / FG To Spend ₦3bn To Acquire & Renovate 4 Properties Forfeited To EFCC In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.