Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt (15611 Views)

"President Buhari Doesn't Read Newspapers" - Fayose / "I Will Always Be A Friend Of Ndigbo" - President Buhari Says / Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by PDJT: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
You mean people still listen to Radio and read Newspaper in this Internet age?

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
is Rochas trying to say that Imo citizens are too broke to afford radios and tvs?

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by blocker: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin HMMMMMM...... OKOROAWUSA HAS BEEN ON A SPREE OF CONDEMNING HIS ONLY PEOPLE AT EVERY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO IMPRESS HIS NORTHERN PAY MASTERS AND OTHER AFONJA COLLABORATORS IN APC (YOU MAY CALL ME Igbo OR IPOP MY THICK SKIN IS IMMUNE TO YABIS). NO WAHALA ANYWAY, HOWEVER LET ME REMIND YOU THAT THIS OKOROAWUSA APART FROM BEING THE WORST GOVERNOR SINCE T.A ORJI IS ALSO WICKED TO BE UNDER PAYING AND OWING CIVIL SERVANTS AND PENSIONERS (WHO ARE DYING INSTALMENTALLY) AND YET HE TELLS THE WORLD THAT HE IS LABOUR SENSITIVE AND A WELFARIST. ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH HE HAS BORROWED USING IMO STATE LETTER HEADED PAPER. BUT BECAUSE ALL AFONJAS HERE PRESENT AND THE NORTHERN PAY MASTERS WOULD NEVER ALLOW A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION INTO HIS ACTIVITIES AS GOVERNOR BECAUSE HE IS DOING THEIR BIDDING.

NEXT THING YOU KNOW THE IDIOT WOULD TELL YOU THAT HE WAS SHOCKED THAT 79% OF IGBO LAW GRADUATES DID NOT ATTEND LAW SCHOOL OR DID NOT ATTAIN ABOVE 3RD CLASS. IMO STATE WHERE THIS CLOWN IS GOVERNOR HAS POSTED THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF JAMB APPLICATIONS IN THE LAST 16 YEARS CONSISTENTLY TOO AND YOU DON'T HEAR OKOROAWUSA APPLAUDING IMOLITES. OF COURSE YOU CAN NEVER HEAR THE NORTHERN LACKEY TURNED GOVERNOR COMPLAINING OF THE UNFAIR TREATMENT OF SOUTHERN STATES WITH HIGHER THAN PROPORTIONAL CUT-OFF MARKS AS PART OF REQUIREMENTS TO ENABLE THEM GET ADMISSION TO UNITY SCHOOLS (FGCs) AND UNIVERSITIES. YOU WOULD NEVER SEE HIM PROPOSE A TRUE CONFEDERATION THAT WOULD ENABLE STATES TO DEVELOP AT THEIR OWN PACE AND IN LINE WITH THE PRINCIPLES OF A TRUE FEDERATION. YOU SHOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT OKOROAWUSA'S REACTION TO KILLING OF IGBOS IN THE NORTH (IMOLITES INCLUSIVE) IS TO SUGGEST "THAT IGBOS SHOULD NOT ANNOY THEIR HOSTS WITH INFLAMATORY STATEMENTS". BUT THATS NOT ALL, WHEN IGBOS PLAY HOSTS AND THE FULANI CARRY OUT KILLINGS OKOROAWUSA WOULD SHOUT "IGBOS SHOULD LEARN TO TOLERATE THEIR HOSTS".

I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT OKOROAWUSA'S ORIGIN IS ANYWHERE BUT IMO STATE OR SOUTH EAST.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Blue3k(m): 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
If they don't read newspaper or listen radio. How do they consume news. Is it through Internet and or television?
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by blocker: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
Blue3k:
If they don't read newspaper or listen radio. How do they consume news. Is it through Internet and or television.

grin grin grin grin

IGBOS DO NOT NEED POCKET RADIO LIKE THEIR ABOKI BROTHERS TO EXCEL AND NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO READ NEWSPAPERS LIKE AFONJAS TO COMPETE. THEY HAVE SURVIVED THE CIVIL WAR, KILLINGS & DESTRUCTION OF LIVES AND PROPERTY, SURVIVING THIS RECESSION WOULD NOT BE AN EXCEPTION. LEAVE US TO OUR REPUBLICAN WAYS GOVVERNOR OKOROAWUSA. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE MANNER OF STATISTICS YOU DERIVED YOUR 70% SINCE HALF OF THE "NDIGBO" AS YOU REFERRED TO US RESIDE IN OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA, AFRICA AND THE WORLD.

3 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by zendy: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
Okoroawusa is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Blue3k(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
blocker:

grin grin grin grin

IGBOS DO NOT NEED POCKET RADIO LIKE THEIR ABOKI BROTHERS TO EXCEL AND NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO READ NEWSPAPERS LIKE AFONJAS TO COMPETE. THEY HAVE SURVIVED THE CIVIL WAR, KILLINGS & DESTRUCTION OF LIVES AND PROPERTY, SURVIVING THIS RECESSION WOULD NOT BE AN EXCEPTION. LEAVE US TO OUR REPUBLICAN WAYS GOVVERNOR OKOROAWUSA. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE MANNER OF STATISTICS YOU DERIVED YOUR 70% SINCE HALF OF THE "NDIGBO" AS YOU REFERRED TO US RESIDE IN OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA, AFRICA AND THE WORLD.

Ok I guess you're not interested in typing like normal person either. Writing in all caps is for children just learning the alphabet. Try to look less childish in future post.

Anyway I don't believe 70% of people simply going uninformed. They are simply using other medium such as Internet or television. Television being worst option.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Wolfbrother(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
sarrki:
I[b] love this man okorocha

One of the shining political leader in Nigeria

A trusted ally, patriot, responsible, reliable, social,

Articulate, social leader .

God Bless Owelle Rochas Okorocha

God Bless Imo State

God Bless Muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic Of Nigeria [/b]

So hes APCs Fayose grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4698324_rochasoko_jpeg5ea7c858daace62c1f2198a6f91a2e0c
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by elsomm(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
sarrki:

The state Government are far more informed
They have information we don't have.

and who gave them the info if not human beings.... Imo ppl. you talk like govt hv spiritual powers in gathering info. think wt ur head and don't be silly
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Uteghe(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin The very reason IPOBeasts are illiterates, just like Kanu who dropped out of UNN.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Hash86(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
I don yarn am before say dis people don't know anything. If you look at the poos they posted here you will know that they're less informed and lack current affairs updates. All they know is to sit in a beer falour and listen to their drunkard-Brothers telling them nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by size40: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
“In what could be described as a shocking experience while going around, I discovered to my horror that our people are not informed. “70 percent of Igbo do not listen to news, they do not read newspapers.

No wonder cheap propaganda can easily sells in that region and Nnamdi kanu was able to make an in-road in a short time.
This is absolutely correct. My Igbo friends port harcourt don't listen to any other Radio station like Nigeria info or wazobia FM etc only Biafra radio. And funny enough, these are university degree holders.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
Tomorrow they will tell us to vote for that evil party called APC in Anambra state the Governor that cant pay his works is talking nonsense evil APC we are waiting for you guys in Anambra this year

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by manikspears: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
On behalf of my igbo brothers of the eastside cool ,if it is not ego( money ),it is nothing. that is why our sister referred to the president as a doctor grin .i know if you ask one okoro about this is response will be, "how much will they pay if I listen to the radio or read the newspapers ?" undecided

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by manikspears: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Blue3k:
If they don't read newspaper or listen radio. How do they consume news. Is it through Internet and or television?
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by blocker: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Blue3k:

Ok I guess you're not interested in typing like normal person either. Writing in all caps is for children just learning the alphabet. Try to look less childish in future post.

Anyway I don't believe 70% of people simply going uninformed. They are simply using other medium such as Internet or television. Television being worst option.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

THANK YOU FOR YOUR OBSERVATION, I AM HAPPY YOU KNOW YOU ARE A CHILD LEARNING ALPHABETS. I DID'T PUT UP MY COMMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO IMPRESS YOU. AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED I DON'T DO THINGS TO IMPRESS OUTSIDERS LIKE OKOROAWUSA, TO ME CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME. THEN AGAIN SINCE I DON'T READ NEWSPAPERS IN THE MORNING, AFTERNOON AND EVENING LIKE THE AFONJAS NOR LISTEN TO JIHADI NEWS ON NORTHERN FM CAN YOU REALLY BLAME ME FOR WRITING IN CAPS?

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Kingspin(m): 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
“In what could be described as a shocking experience while going around, I discovered to my horror that our people are not informed. “70 percent of Igbo do not listen to news, they do not read newspapers.

No wonder cheap propaganda can easily sells in that region and Nnamdi kanu was able to make an in-road in a short time.
Nobody get to listen to Nigeria politicians we have been doing that since 1960 for nothing so Okorocha is the one that do not listen and read the problems of his people. But wait o Igbos should go back to their land but una hate Kanu struggle. The thing tire person o
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by Chibyke4real: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
It is quite clear that we know the caliber of people governing IMO state. How did okorocha arrived at that statistical point of 70%? Where and when did he conduct his survey? Did he just cook up percentage figure just to mislead the world? This thing should not be taken for granted.It is a finding which must be verified. But the painful part of it is that Mr okorocha never embarked on researched before stating his so called result of 70%. I think Mr okorocha should be referred as armchair researcher.
Let also remind him that he should not compared igbos with the Hausa man that carriers pocket radio. Mr okorocha by now you should know that we are in a digital society where Apps do virtually everything for you. Mr okorocha please tell me any print media house with national coverage that does not have App? Mr okorocha please tell me a national television house without a media App freely downloadable? Mr. Okorocha please mention one existing mobile phone without radio enhanced? Please I urge you to leave analogue life and become digital in your thought next time.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by mikolo80: 2:19am On Jan 06, 2017
DjAndroid:
Na him and im family wey no dey read.

8 radio stations dey Abia state.

16 radio stations dey Anambra, 3more to open this year

3 dey Ebony

12 dey enugu

9 dey Imo

If these radio stations are not enjoying massive listenership, why is their business booming? And why this number of stations?

Okoroawusa Oya take am
you can sustain all with just music so what are we talking. He said they don't listen to news not whether radio stations exist or not. This is exactly what he was talking about. Ignorance and the defence of it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by DjAndroid: 4:18am On Jan 06, 2017
mikolo80:
you can sustain all with just music so what are we talking. He said they don't listen to news not whether radio stations exist or not. This is exactly what he was talking about. Ignorance and the defence of it

Bros don't argue what you do not know. No radio station can survive with just music except if they are not profit oriented. In Anambra, Rythm fm tried to be the number one music station, but where are they today? The statio is off air now, because they were not making money. It has been closed, every worker sent home.

You cannot buy a Litre of diesel for N240 to power your generator everyday just to play music for people, father Christmas abi? You can play only music when you have other cheap sources of electricity but is that business? how can you pay your workers and maintain your equipment?

A station that plays only music doesn't attract advertisers,hence no revenue for the station. Radio stations make money from the commercials they broadcast. Programmes attract commercials not music. You may not understand because you are not in the system.

That's a lecture for another day.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by babadee1(m): 6:31am On Jan 06, 2017
If you want people to read your posts then pls don't type in all caps.
Re: 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt by mikolo80: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2017
DjAndroid:

Bros don't argue what you do not know. No radio station can survive with just music except if they are not profit oriented. [quote ]

MTV base, channel o nko
It's you who should talk less and listen more my friend
In Anambra, Rythm fm tried to be the number one music station, but where are they today? [quote ]

I dunno, they were prolly playing shitty music
[/quote]
The statio is off air now, because they were not making money. It has been closed, every worker sent home.

You cannot buy a Litre of diesel for N240 to power your generator everyday just to play music for people, father Christmas abi? [quote ]

It is YOU who cannot
Those that are doing it are doing it.
[/quote] You can play only music when you have other cheap sources of electricity but is that business?[quote ]
again ask MTV

[/quote] how can you pay your workers and maintain your equipment?

A station that plays only music doesn't attract advertisers,hence no revenue for the station. Radio stations make money from the commercials they broadcast. Programmes attract commercials not music. name the programs as in examples, e no pass talk radio where ppl perpetuate more ignorance, opinions, not fact. [/b]You may not understand because you are not in the system.
[quote ][b]

I may not be
But I'm an info scientist and my research project was on this subject. You only know one aspect, I am talking about what the commissioner is talking not all the grammar you're talking with no evidence
[/quote]
That's a lecture for another day. [/quote] anytime you're ready

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I ’ll Contest 2019 Senatorial Election Under PRP Party – Shehu Sani / Saraki: Buhari Should Listen, Bandits Don’t Kill Along Party Lines / Zamfara Government Donates Security Vehicles To Niger Republic To Fight Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.